For those who "unsubscribed" are you subbing again?

Eshvara

As they announced the changes to the GC system quite a few people were happy, including me!

But will this make you keep playing until the patch hits or will you subscribe when the actual patch comes out? In case your sub ends soon.

I won't resub myself as I feel like taking a break when my sub ends on the 31st, but might resub when 5.1 hits. I mainly enjoy the story and don't need to stay subbed while I do that and PvP kind of burned me out.

Overall, the changes are a step in the right direction!

Thoughts?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well alot of my friends left (also because of RNG), and because we don't have any weekly passes anymore, they will not return anymore.

I had alot of friends that were prefered and i was playing with them.

Our guild normally bought them a weekly wz/ops pass and we did ops and wz's together, this is no longer possible, unless bioware gets us a universal weekly pass for everything.

Because of this i am unsubbing and staying unsubbed.

Edited by -Spc

Well alot of my friends left (because of RNG), and because we don't have any weekly passes anymore, they will not return anymore.

I had alot of friends that were prefered and i was playing with them.

Our guild normally bought them a weekly wz/ops pass and we did ops and wz's together, this is no longer possible, unless bioware gets us a universal weekly pass for everything.

Because of this i am unsubbing and staying unsubbed.

Yeah, I am a bit sad there's no solution for passes yet and how they didn't say anything regarding the matter on the live stream, even though people asked.

I wish they did a Q&A at the end. ;/

I'm feeling more positive towards possibly resubbing.

For me, personally, the biggest hurdle is still the gigantic grind. Gaining Command Ranks feels way too slow as it is, and feeling guilty for playing my alts (especially lowbies!) when I should be farming more CXP stresses me out.

I'm feeling more positive towards possibly resubbing.

For me, personally, the biggest hurdle is still the gigantic grind. Gaining Command Ranks feels way too slow as it is, and feeling guilty for playing my alts (especially lowbies!) when I should be farming more CXP stresses me out.

I have to agree with that.

It is insanely grindy it takes so much time to get basic set bonus gear.

I am GC level 50 and i've gotten 1 bonus set piece.

No.

They didn't fix anything. They offer people a consolation prize because of the grind and the extremely poor RNG, coupled with an extremely convoluted mess of a vendor system.

The problem with RNG is still there.

The grind is still there.

The problem with gear disparity is PvP is going to get worse with this system.

The problem with "power gearing" newer members or alts in raids is still there.

Think about this, wouldn't it have been easier for them to fix the RNG and lower the CxP requirements for each level rather than add yet another band aid on the system? They are DETERMINED to keep the horrendous RNG and tedious grind no matter what. Yet, the changes proposed fixed none of that.

Think about it for a second. Let's say you need 25 command tokens plus the unassembled gear piece to get a piece. You go through 23 levels of crates towards that goal getting NOTHING from the RNG. Just how motivated are you going to be to keep grinding levels of CxP for command tokens.

For me no. They fixed none, not a single problem, that is created with the system.

No, 5.0 just burned me out completely.

I am not leaving for good (hope so anyway) since I did enjoy the game very much in 4.0. But will probably take a break until a new expansion is out or if I feel refreshed again and liked the improvements that hopefully the devs will keep delivering.

No.

They didn't fix anything. They offer people a consolation prize because of the grind and the extremely poor RNG, coupled with an extremely convoluted mess of a vendor system.

The problem with RNG is still there.

The grind is still there.

The problem with gear disparity is PvP is going to get worse with this system.

The problem with "power gearing" newer members or alts in raids is still there.

Think about this, wouldn't it have been easier for them to fix the RNG and lower the CxP requirements for each level rather than add yet another band aid on the system? They are DETERMINED to keep the horrendous RNG and tedious grind no matter what. Yet, the changes proposed fixed none of that.

Think about it for a second. Let's say you need 25 command tokens plus the unassembled gear piece to get a piece. You go through 23 levels of crates towards that goal getting NOTHING from the RNG. Just how motivated are you going to be to keep grinding levels of CxP for command tokens.

For me no. They fixed none, not a single problem, that is created with the system.

There actually is kind of an answer to this. Let's say it takes 25 command tokens to get that set piece gear, well guess what? It's pretty easy to rack up CXP levels with low level characters. You could get 25 command tokens from an alt to use on your main for one HM piece of unassembled gear., and you could do that over in relatively short order to have a pretty good HM set bonus gear set on your main.

In a situation for a person with less time to grind, let's say you can get some kind of set bonus, let's say 230 set bonus gear is 10 command tokens. The mods, enhancements, hilt. barrel, OH. implants, relics are craftable to what level 240? 242? This seems viable to do HM operations.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

There actually is kind of an answer to this. Let's say it takes 25 command tokens to get that set piece gear, well guess what? It's pretty easy to rack up CXP levels with low level characters. You could get 25 command tokens from an alt to use on your main for one HM piece of unassembled gear., and you could do that over in relatively short order to have a pretty good HM set bonus gear set on your main.

In a situation for a person with less time to grind, let's say you can get some kind of set bonus, let's say 230 set bonus gear is 10 command tokens. The mods, enhancements, hilt. barrel, OH. implants, relics are craftable to what level 240? 242? This seems viable to do HM operations.

Everything is viable for HM. People already cleared all NiM bosses the first week of 5.0 with probably mostly 224 armorings.

As they announced the changes to the GC system quite a few people were happy, including me!

But will this make you keep playing until the patch hits or will you subscribe when the actual patch comes out? In case your sub ends soon.

I won't resub myself as I feel like taking a break when my sub ends on the 31st, but might resub when 5.1 hits. I mainly enjoy the story and don't need to stay subbed while I do that and PvP kind of burned me out.

Overall, the changes are a step in the right direction!

Thoughts?

Ill resub and give it a try. If it will be still unreal to gear up my alts and ill have to play forever for my main sentinel ill leave at once. So tired of my main but iam forced to play it again and again and if i switch to alts ill be destroyed because of lack of gear and zero command lvl....

No.

They are DETERMINED to keep the horrendous RNG and tedious grind no matter what. Yet, the changes proposed fixed none of that.

This.

Dropping a few crumbs and adding a band aid - core issues aren't changing....nor is the arrogant attitude, they screwed up.... maybe this will save them a few subs. But whatever.. I'm over it :rolleyes:

People complain about things all over the forums, they fix most of the things they were complaining about. People find more things to complain about......

They barely fixed anything. One guaranteed piece per op. Not per person but per eight people is not a fix. Its a very slow start. Every boss needs a guaranteed ua piece, every one. Drop the command token nonsense don't try and make your broken box stuff a part of any upgrade just forget it. That would be a real fix. But this isn't.

Not enough, drop the command part, deal with the fact you failed by failing to listen.

I play ops, but not nearly enough of them (nor organized in a guild of mine; I rely on pugs and invites) to make this a viable change for me.

I never farmed 224s, I had just two characters in full 220 and a (not very) small army in 216/220 mix.

I would start out by putting my characters in augmented 208s, last cycle, to be able to farm 216s in HM FPs in between what SM ops pugs I ran in, and this would be fast enough for me to be able to accept some invites into HM/NiM ops runs over the year.

None of this was fast to me, so I'd get a little bitter whenever reading about everyone needing to be slowed down because there were guilds that could farm 224s together. But okay, it was a thing.. but now that group, the group that is able to farm gear in an organized manner, is also the group that is being helped to speed things up here.

Anyone not part of an active raiding guild will have had to spend a lot more time into it before, and a multitude of that now. I could get one or two characters back on that level... but my many characters have been my "new content", they're what keep me trying. They 'were' what kept me trying, I should say. I don't expect this to be resolved in a manner that I can live with, so.. I am checking out the threads about this for the coming days, but I already uninstalled the game during the stream. Had enough.

Edited by cyrusramsey