5yr Veteran Anniversary Gift...a joke?

CaptRogue

They obviously don't know what "founder" means. I don't qualify either way, but if you played the beta, were subbed at launch, and were subbed at the time of the announcement, you should get the reward. If they don't want to do it that way, then don't call it a founder's reward. Call it a "loyalty" reward. If I started a company that went on for five years, I don't suddenly get my name removed from the founders list if I leave the company for any amount of time.

yep. and honestly.

for how underwhelming this reward is - its kinda funny.

this whole expac is like bizzaro version of trying to be WoW. except this is what continuously subscribing vets got in WoW http://legendary-loot.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/legendary-loot-world-of-warcraft-10-year-anniversary-orc-statue-subscriber-only.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. and honestly.

for how underwhelming this reward is - its kinda funny.

this whole expac is like bizzaro version of trying to be WoW. except this is what continuously subscribing vets got in WoW http://legendary-loot.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/legendary-loot-world-of-warcraft-10-year-anniversary-orc-statue-subscriber-only.jpg

Well, what did they get for the 5th?

If SWTOR hits 10 and anyone has actually continuously subscribed without missing even a couple of hours, I'd wonder if they're dead and the monthly payment is simply regularly deducted from their bank account, which no one bothered to cancel because they had no one left in their life to take care of matters...

LOL doom & gloom has no business outside the pitt :p Surprised you remembered my mentioning that. IIrc it was over half a year ago in an argument with the Lord golden grump over why I didn't frequent the forums so often. :D

Oh my brain is REALLY good at containing useless information (not that your studies are useless but it has no bearing on me lol). I actually think it was a thread where some guy in real life had built an Imperial Walker or something and everyone was praising his hard work and the fun of it and called it art while you kinda pulled your nose up at the whole thing and rubbed basically everyone the wrong way. No idea who Lord Golden Grump is.

I also remember this other guy, or man rather as he seemed to be of a certain age. Don't remember his name but I do remember he's a lawyer, go figure. :rolleyes:

Well, what did they get for the 5th?

If SWTOR hits 10 and anyone has actually continuously subscribed without missing even a couple of hours, I'd wonder if they're dead and the monthly payment is simply regularly deducted from their bank account, which no one bothered to cancel because they had no one left in their life to take care of matters...

well you got me there. 5 year anniversary reward wasn't exclusive to continuous subscribers - everyone who logged in, got it, there was a very cute pet though if I remember correctly - I'd have to check.

I'm just pointing out that this is where they have been getting their ideas lately, blatantly so. except they end up implementing bizzaro version of them. WoW does artifact grind? bioware adds Galactic command, except they make it go super slow AND tie upgrades ALL upgrades to super restrictive rng (whereas artifact grind only affects your weapon and getting upgrades for it is guaranteed as long s you put in the effort) Blizzard gives their veterans a statue? bioware does as well... except its an in game deco and not nearly as cool looking.

Blizzard allows players to subscribe with gold essentially. bioware flips it on its head and makes the game unplayable if you are not a subscriber.

Blizz makes their game less alt friendly - bioware does them one better. it makes it even more alt unfriendly AFTER encouraging people to create a whole bunch of alts.

its both funny and sad at the same time.

but hey, to those of you that qualify? enjoy feeling super speshul and don't forget to make your stronghold public! after all how else would people know ?

Oh my brain is REALLY good at containing useless information (not that your studies are useless but it has no bearing on me lol). I actually think it was a thread where some guy in real life had built an Imperial Walker or something and everyone was praising his hard work and the fun of it and called it art while you kinda pulled your nose up at the whole thing and rubbed basically everyone the wrong way. No idea who Lord Golden Grump is.

I also remember this other guy, or man rather as he seemed to be of a certain age. Don't remember his name but I do remember he's a lawyer, go figure. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah that's the one. :p I remember calling it a waste of time, but I can't quite remember why -.- Au well, maybe that's for the best. I do remember everyone yelled at me about not appreciating the time & effort he put into making it before the whole thread was moved to off-topic. Excellent memory you have there. :D

I've been subbed continuously since Dec 19, 2011....except for a 36 hour period around 2012-2013, which makes me ineligible. :(

Those are some very strict requirements.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

It's not something I give a second thought to when changing between credit cards and game cards from time to time because I'm not worried about my sub going inactive for a day or two, but this is pretty harsh for something to be rewarded retroactively.

There's a big difference between letting your sub lapse when you know that there's a reward window open and finding out 4 years later that you unknowingly screwed yourself out of a reward you could have never predicted.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

It's not something I give a second thought to when changing between credit cards and game cards from time to time because I'm not worried about my sub going inactive for a day or two, but this is pretty harsh for something to be rewarded retroactively.

There's a big difference between letting your sub lapse when you know that there's a reward window open and finding out 4 years later that you unknowingly screwed yourself out of a reward you could have never predicted.

but.. but... its a surprise reward! that is just baseline decoration and you can only use one of

you just weren't... loyal.. enough to deserve it!

*squints*

Wow.... that's... wow. I'd actually use it for one character's SH but it would have to be dirt cheap (like 5k credits off the vendor) and I'd need to be able to use more than one. I agree with whoever posted the idea a flair would have been much more appropriate.

Personally I'm super happy about the art pack. I've loved some of those load screens. And the new party Jawa *rubs hands in anticipation of a womp rat hunt*

Such devotion!! You deserve more than an in game statue.:rak_03: I do mean that, especially with all the content drought and what not. Lord knows I couldn't.

I did not do it for any rewards or so.. I just...like the game. Thought some 11 Eur/motnth is not gonna ruin me, i still can pay for all other necessities, so why not? I am not hardcore raider, not hardcore PVP-ver (though played all) but I just mostly enjoy vanilla stories.

Surely, current grindy approach is really bad idea, but heck, maybe they change their minds...

I did not do it for any rewards or so.. I just...like the game. Thought some 11 Eur/motnth is not gonna ruin me, i still can pay for all other necessities, so why not? I am not hardcore raider, not hardcore PVP-ver (though played all) but I just mostly enjoy vanilla stories.

Surely, current grindy approach is really bad idea, but heck, maybe they change their minds...

Well glad you like the game!! And congrats with your statue if you're happy with it!:D

Nice!! I haven't seen the statue but I'm glad they're recognizing founders on the anniversary of the game. I can't believe it's been five years already. I can still remember rolling my first toon and first starter planet. Here's to five more years!

Five more years of what? A bit of solo story once a year and maybe 1 PVP map every other year?

All the good stuff in this game is more than 2 years old now, most is more than 3 years old, there hasn't been anything new in years that would qualify as MMO content...

So, being a founder and having to let my sub lapse for RL reasons... not getting this "gift" doesn't irk me... the reasons why irk me, because apparently no thought was given to whether people legitimately had to unsub.

People who had a financial crisis during the early recession years - getting fired and not having steady work, so they had to unsub for a time to scrimp and save, but came back when they could are being given the big FK YOU by Bio-ware.

Maybe some people even got screwed by the auto-renew system. Maybe their card declined because someone hacked their card and the company shut it down just at the time when renewal was about to take place. Perhaps they were in the middle of a move and couldn't re-up because they had no internets or phone?

Or perhaps they were on deployment for the military and had to let their sub lapse for the duration?

Even though they hold the founder's tag and were part of the one of the pre-launch closed betas, they still aren't worthy of being given an anniversary gift.

Yay... woo hoo...

If you had the money to continue your subscription for all this time, kudos to you... you win SWTOR.

Edited by Aderes
clarification, spell correction

Five more years of what? A bit of solo story once a year and maybe 1 PVP map every other year?

All the good stuff in this game is more than 2 years old now, most is more than 3 years old, there hasn't been anything new in years that would qualify as MMO content...

I'm with you. I wish there was new warzones & ops too.

I'd like it to continue for another five years regardless since there still is content I haven't played. Despite being a 'founder', I only just finished kotfe. Haven't played all classes. I'm not one to rush thru new content the moment it's released. I just enjoy the game.

The SW universe appeals to me. The music is good,the stories appeal to me, the animations are fun, the combat is pretty sweet, and I like the look. It's shiny. Combined it's an enjoyable experience for me to escape to at the end of the day. One day something else will come along, but until then, swtor is my go to.

Edited by tharbison

You should give it to all founders who are currently subbed.....

That wouldn't change any of the grumbling. Using that as the criteria you'd then have:

" I subbed for 4 years straight and someone who was a founder and quit after 3 months only to return this month got it! So they subbed for 4 months I subbed for 48 and I don't get it?!?!"

That wouldn't change any of the grumbling. Using that as the criteria you'd then have:

" I subbed for 4 years straight and someone who was a founder and quit after 3 months only to return this month got it! So they subbed for 4 months I subbed for 48 and I don't get it?!?!"

which is why suggestion to reward it based on total months subscribed was the fairest. I think it was on.. page 3 maybe? make it 56 months so that it leaves a bit of a leeway there for occasional lapse, while still requiring long term subscription and as a bonus? someone who may have missed founder, but stayed subscribed without break? would still qualify and feel rewarded.