Another server rollback on Harbinger??!!!!!

Samoth_Nomad

I lost 4 pieces of gear. 2 legs a boot and mainhand. idc what you say we deserve what we earned.

Never said you didn't deserve it. Just saying that paying attention to what happened yesterday should have given enough warning to not do anything. Personally, I just worked on getting various alts to lvl 70 so I can legacy over gear when needed on them. Only two of them were reverted back to lvl 65, so no big loss there (seeing as it takes like 20 minutes doing our goddess Bestia to get from 65 to 70). Other than that, I didn't do anything that would impede my progress because Harb is notorious for having these issues after every major expac. I stand by my statement though, I guarantee half these people saying they lost "millions" or "four pieces of set gear" or similar ridiculous statements didn't actually lose anything and just want to see if EAware will give them free s**t.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger is now back online. We will be investigating the cause of the issue and taking steps to avoid it in the future. If there is any further information I can provide, I will let you know!

Thanks,

Tait

While its nice to know you will be investigating the issue, what are you going to do for those of us who leveled toons to 70, learned several new schematics, farmed a ton of mats, AND earned several CXP levels and now lost ALL OF THAT? This is freaking ridiculous

While its nice to know you will be investigating the issue, what are you going to do for those of us who leveled toons to 70, learned several new schematics, farmed a ton of mats, AND earned several CXP levels and now lost ALL OF THAT? This is freaking ridiculous

They're going to give out a free CXP Boost.

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger is now back online. We will be investigating the cause of the issue and taking steps to avoid it in the future. If there is any further information I can provide, I will let you know!

Thanks,

Tait

01.09.2013 , 03:10 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next

Greetings,

If you find you have lost Cartel Coins or other purchases due to a rollback on The Harbinger server we ask you to create a support request ticket so that we may investigate your issue on an individual basis.

***EDIT***

If you think you may have lost Cartel Coins please check your coin ledger as these should have been refunded.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

09.04.2014 , 01:59 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.

REPORT POST QUOTE

Hey folks,

I know that some of you experienced a "rollback" after the downtime we experienced early this morning. I wanted to let you know it is possible you may see a small rollback after the downtime we are currently having. In fact, this is the exact reason the Harbinger came down. We worked to bring down the server immediately, which is why there was unfortunately no in-game messaging. If we had left it up we would have created an environment where rollbacks could have been even more severe and that is definitely not something we want you to experience.

Later today you will see a post from Tait announcing that we are going to be having a maintenance tomorrow morning. This maintenance will be in part to address server stability issues such as these. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We are working to address the issue and to bring the Harbinger up as fast as we can. Thank you for your patience.

As a note, if you are on any other server, you will not be affected by this issue.

-eric

10.08.2014, 08:49 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next

REPORT POST QUOTE

Hey folks,

We are looking into the connectivity issues with the Harbinger. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric

12.12.2015 , 06:26 PM | #40 This is the last staff post in this thread.

REPORT POST QUOTE

The Harbinger is once again available!

Before the server was brought down, we confirmed that some players did experience a rollback. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to restore the progress that was lost during that time period. We are looking into procedures to avoid this from happening in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

-eric

There is no need to lie. Just say there's gonna be another one (or two) next year

Here is a perfect example of why I would bet 80% of the people crying they lost stuff are full of sh*t. Mr.Going up until a day ago was all over the forums crying he has yet to get a set piece, now all of a sudden when its cool to lose stuff he had multiple set pieces. There is a reason 99.9% of players never step foot in this cesspool...Im looking forward to calling out a lot of others on here.

It's not cool to lose items i spent time to get. levels, gear, rating

Edited by Going

Actually my husband lost a lot. However we understand that it's a game and stuff happens. No big deal. You're going after these poor devs like they personally came into your home and eviscerated your beloved pet chicken or something.

Actually some people lost real life money. cartel purchases that were delivered to the characters and vanished. No coins, no purchase, no recourse.

Free speech is required by the constitution. They must obey.

Actually Blue, the U.S. consitution only protects speech from governmental intrusion directly in the case of the Federal Government and via the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment in the case of states. Bioware or any other entity is pretty much free to reign in speech on their forums in any manner they see fit.

I swear I caused it with karma. I was playing late into the night got swept up in the narrative and didn't realize the time until it was 3am and I was having such a good time I said fk it and extended my binge till 6am. Did not have work today but I did screw my sleep cycle.

I log in and I lost all of that binge playthrough.

lost hours of leveling last night went from 66-69 and nearly 70. Lost all i had xp wise and now im 66 again. I am really mad cause i wanted to play my sin at 70 today and i REALLY HATE leveling. If issue isnt resolved it makes me think it may happen again and if this will be a problem in the future i ask why should i continue Subbing to this game. I am not a fan of grinding something out just to lose all that time i had into a toon. I will be happy if my lost time is fixed other wise maybe its time for Eve Online again. Just my 2 cents from another unhappy sub. I know there is issues with a new xp and all but just want my work i put in back. I already am not happy as a pvper trying to get gear from the notrously low drop rate command pack which i hope will get fixed soon. I really hope my toom is fixed sooner than later if not later...

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

Is what they have said well how about fixing the problem and giving us back every thing we lost hell you can see what we spent CC on but you are to lazy to do that and reimburse us for the lost coins and no compensation just lost time and more negative sentiment towards the game for there lack to try and explain what happened and lost items credits cartel coins and time spent looks like we will not be reimbursed for just let us know how this is fair no trolls actually looking for an answer from a DEV since they dedicated what a whole 2 responses to something that has screwed so many people over im sure we deserve more then that so please explain or tell us you don't give a dam but no one is ok or believes you have fixed the problem with no explanation and since the track our purchases on CC how hard could it really be no one is happy with what you have done and you make it worse by not explain it or reimbursing what was ours looking forward to an ansewer.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

This is really a pathetic and unacceptable response - apparently even a simple apology is too much to expect.

Still not fixed. Getting massive lag spikes, at times lasting upwards of a minute with no end in sight. Perfect internet connection, no problems on my end. Get disconnected to an empty server list, and upon relaunching the game and logging back in, I've been rolled back and immediately get hit with another massive lag spike.

So update. I came home, checked, and all my stuff is there. All my GTN sales are still for sale, one thing sold, I got the credits. Apparently I wasn't affected.

...quietly exits thread...

Did you do anything with the command points that had been rolled back or were you mainly focused on the GTN sales on that character?

Oh you know you didn't earn anything, you were complaining yesterday you haven't earned anything... Go troll elsewhere

90% of these people didn't lose anything. I called him out to and the guy who a week ago was complaining about his server...it wasn't Harb lol plus a couple others.

When this thread had 300 post 20 posters made up almost 200 of those post...yeah huge deal right. I believe Going Is closing in on 20 post on this thread.

Edited by Furh

I don't know how people are getting set bonus pieces when they aren't even level 70. Some people actually did lose stuff. I lost nearly 10mil in GTN sales. This was huge for me because I only have 20mil account wide. I guess I will take screen shots of my inventory before logging off from now on. I'm not sure that will do anything, though. Who would I send the screenshots to?