Another server rollback on Harbinger??!!!!!

Samoth_Nomad

I was level 43 , game kicked me out came back online at level 31. All my money was gone and the items i purchased deleted. Server goes offline for 3 hours come back only to find nothing is resolved. As a paying subscriber we are not compensated for our loss not even an apology. Just left in the dark forced to start all over again from scratch, completely disappointing and frustrating. Paying customers and this is the thanks we get?! :mad:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop arguing about freedom of speech. If the mods don't like the naughty words, they'll handle it. No point arguing with dumb people who clearly don't understand how their "freedoms" work.

That said, I'm disappointed and angry about the lack of communication with these numerous glitches. The SWTOR team just keeps releasing things they must know are faulty. Why even have things running on the test servers if they're going to release the content as-is, knowing it's glitched? At least an employee acknowledged this particular massive fail and took the server down, but there many other things they just leave us guessing about.

Meanwhile the CXP system itself is so reviled, I'm waiting for them to say something to address how much everyone hates it. Even just making the levels legacy would alleviate some stress and show us they're listening to us, but so far, nothing.

I was level 43 , game kicked me out came back online at level 31. All my money was gone and the items i purchased deleted. Server goes offline for 3 hours come back only to find nothing is resolved. As a paying subscriber we are not compensated for our loss not even an apology. Just left in the dark forced to start all over again from scratch, completely disappointing and frustrating. Paying customers and this is the thanks we get?! :mad:

Would it cost them a lot of money to send out items(maybe minor cxp boosts or exp boosts) to everyone as an apology? That's an honest question. It wouldn't make everyone happy, but it would show that they care.

Not that I lost anything or want something from them, but the way they handled it this time is interesting.

Edited by Radzkie

Do rollbacks like this happen very often these days? I am a Founder that quit and came back for these expansions. This is very disheartening. I was very disappointed that one character I finally leveled to 65 is reverted and I can't find the credits I transferred between characters. This is a fun game, but this kind of thing isn't very helpful.

Do rollbacks like this happen very often these days? I am a Founder that quit and came back for these expansions. This is very disheartening. I was very disappointed that one character I finally leveled to 65 is reverted and I can't find the credits I transferred between characters. This is a fun game, but this kind of thing isn't very helpful.

If I recall correctly we've had minor rollbacks at the beginning of expansion releases, 3.0 and 4.0. An hour or two only effecting a small population. I could be mistaken, but that's how i remember it. This one seems far more widespread, and hit a far bigger time span, 8-12 hours, but still Not everyone was hit.

For me personally, I was hit from like a 1 hour? rollback in 4.0, no big deal, and then this time, 4 of my alts were hit but my main wasn't. Which I don't exactly understand, but it makes glad the server picked alts, heh.

Edited by Krazhez

They didn't do this on purpose. The server had an issue where progress wasn't saved. With nothing saved there is no way to tell who had what. You knew the server was having an issue yesterday yet you continued to keep playing.

you obviously have no idea as to how servers work.

So i will not get any gear or levels back? I went from level 54 to level 48......and had lost 4 pieces of purple 230 gear in that time frame. Most of us that play know for some it takes a long time to get gear. Thanks bioware, so glad to do business with you for the last 5 years. Edited by Going

GTN items wiped, many many command levels wiped and you worthless children of unknown parentage tell us we will look to keep it from happening again and nothing on restoration of what we all lost? Inconceivable!!!!! This is total and complete bull crap. I want all my CC purchased with real money refunded and a refund for my last subscription period and I am done with this piss poor game.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GTN items wiped, many many command levels wiped and you worthless children of unknown parentage tell us we will look to keep it from happening again and nothing on restoration of what we all lost? Inconceivable!!!!! This is total and complete bull crap. I want all my CC purchased with real money refunded and a refund for my last subscription period and I am done with this piss poor game.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yea, i'ts incredibly ridiculous how they just say "sorry for the inconvenience" and that's it... real money and customer life time lost, WE PAY for this and they just move on like nothing happaned. Gotta love bioware, they don't even try to talk about compensation.

Edited by CaioAguiar

Since you can't FIX THE ROLLBACKS you should compensate us with cartel coins or something since this is YOUR FAULT NOT OURS>

indeed, i CONCUR AND WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!

no less then 3 million and i am still losing credits & time. But 5 mill seems more justified.

Make this right!

well... I logged off today at 10 am today.. after being on for four hours this morning, and then was on last night from 9 pm cst til midnight... I lost all of that cxp, loot, money made on gtn, and cxp boost purchased from cartel market.

I see that bioware only states that they took it offline and now that it's online again.. but nothing else. I would assume that bioware isn't going to do anything about it and it also appears that they just don't care.

why don't they care? well.. people keep giving them money. many people say they unsubbing.. but are they? really? I doubt it. most are just talk.. nothing else. so... bioware won't do a thing about it. they'll ignore this thread as they do with most... and people will keep paying them money and they'll just keep offering the same horrible customer service day after day. why? cuz this is a star wars game that is now targeting star wars fans and not gamers, hence this RNG bs for gearing. it's not based on skill and progression... it's on chance. nothing else.

It would cost EA/Bioware money to actually look at server logs to find out who lost what. They are about making money, not giving it back. If this was an exploit issue it would be cheaper for them to roll the server back and fix the problem instead of banning the exploiters who are subscribers. It's all about money. Yes, it takes money to make/run this game but if you look at EA's history, they always put profits above everything else.

Heh, I bet half the people who have posted "oh noes, I lost this and that and blah blah blah..." didn't actually lose as much as they claim. And we wonder why EAware doesn't give a s**t about this game. Previous poster has a point though, this happened yesterday as well. Probably should have seen this coming and, iunno, not posted anything on the GTN or did anything relevant? Just saying.

I just did my daily log-in on Harbinger to check my GTN listings. I usually do this once a day, in the early afternoon.

Mail was up, working, and delivered me about 12M in proceeds from over night, as well as returning about 16 items that did not sell.

I also checked my remaining listings, and they all appear to be on the GTN still, waiting to be sold.

So.. I CANNOT confirm the claim that mail, GTN listings, and proceeds evaporated.

I'm not saying nobody lost anything.... only that I personally did not on the GTN or in the mail.

It could very well be a timing issue, since I posted sales on the GTN prior to last night. People listing during the time the server went south and stopped recording player actions and progress may very well have lost items and proceeds. I was not logged during either meltdown of Harbinger recently. Others who were logged in and doing things though.. may have been impacted.

It looks like at some point, the servers simply stopped recording progress in game, and there really should be a fail-safe that detects this and forces the server off-line to prevent data corruption (which appears to be what happened to me).

I hope that's the case for myself having been away for a few days I think I only had my old listings sitting in all toons mail boxes.

Point is we shouldn't need other players to do the leg work on this issue with the possible magnitude it might have.

There should be clear and concise information stating what effect it might have had and what to do if you feel you affected.

The communication we got basically implies they are only interested in stopping it from happening again and if you have lost items you are screwed because they aren't talking about that.

Heh, I bet half the people who have posted "oh noes, I lost this and that and blah blah blah..." didn't actually lose as much as they claim. And we wonder why EAware doesn't give a s**t about this game. Previous poster has a point though, this happened yesterday as well. Probably should have seen this coming and, iunno, not posted anything on the GTN or did anything relevant? Just saying.

I lost 4 pieces of gear. 2 legs a boot and mainhand. idc what you say we deserve what we earned.