Unable to beat the Empire in PvP.

IIHawkerII

This has been the result for the last half a dozen games I've been in against the empire.

( Sharpshooter Gunslinger )

Shameful

Youre not buffed

No stims

No keybinds (at all)

and 150k DMG as a gunslinger in a voidstar game (where you can zerg 100% of the time)

Thats why you cant win anything.

Edited by Jesseriah

Youre not buffed

No stims

No keybinds (at all)

and 150k DMG as a gunslinger in a voidstar game (where you can zerg 100% of the time)

Thats why you cant win anything.

To be fair he does have the default 1-9 etc etc.

Also don't imply you need macros, I never use macros - maybe if you're an op healer but even then . I use a g502 proteus and g910 orion spark but I don't take advantage of them lol.

Edited by RACATW

I'm using an old wired mouse and keyboard so old most of the keys have worn names off the keys..

I'm also a keyboard turning mouse clicker.

I do 1-2mil DPS per WZ on just about any toon. I had 1 million damage in a regs 4 man yesterday.

This is 100% L2P.

Also. This person is lvl 70. They got through all the PVE content with no idea how to play.

Kinda amusing. Shows poorly on BW though. That you can finish your game without having any idea "how to combat"

Probably because you're not keybinding/doing decent DPS. Get a Razer Naga or a Logitech G600. It'll improve your game-play by a lot.

That's rubbish. You don't need new hardware to play well. You don't even need to keybind, although if you can keybind, it helps.

The only way to get better is to practice. Buying a piece of new hardware and expecting to get better is laughable. If you don't practice and get better through grinding, all the best tech won't make you better. You'll just be bad and have spent lots of money being bad.

To be fair he does have the default 1-9 etc etc.

Also don't imply you need macros, I never use macros - maybe if you're an op healer but even then . I use a g502 proteus and g910 orion spark but I don't take advantage of them lol.

Plus macros are against the rules and can get you banned

You could spend real $ upgrading your mouse and keyboard hardware, queue for dozens upon dozens of warzones, trying desperately to get better. Study all the various situations you will face (you vs. one assassin; you vs. two assassins; you vs. 2 assassins and an operative; you vs. one assassin and an operative; you vs. a sorc; etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum). You could play every class to get to know their rotations and abilities to help you understand how to beat them. You could do all that and still lose over and over and over and over because you are likely one of the few on your pub team doing that, and no matter how good you get, if you are the only one on your team, your ability to singlehandedly turn the tide of the match is limited.

You could invest all that time and money and headache, or you could just sit back, throw a few attacks here or there, watch the timer run down while getting a drink, collect your sweet cxp and be on your way. I worked pub side for so long and despite all of my personal gameplay improvements, it never got any better. I play on impside and dominate easily. With none of the effort I put forth on the pubside.

You could spend real $ upgrading your mouse and keyboard hardware, queue for dozens upon dozens of warzones, trying desperately to get better. Study all the various situations you will face (you vs. one assassin; you vs. two assassins; you vs. 2 assassins and an operative; you vs. one assassin and an operative; you vs. a sorc; etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum). You could play every class to get to know their rotations and abilities to help you understand how to beat them. You could do all that and still lose over and over and over and over because you are likely one of the few on your pub team doing that, and no matter how good you get, if you are the only one on your team, your ability to singlehandedly turn the tide of the match is limited.

You could invest all that time and money and headache, or you could just sit back, throw a few attacks here or there, watch the timer run down while getting a drink, collect your sweet cxp and be on your way. I worked pub side for so long and despite all of my personal gameplay improvements, it never got any better. I play on impside and dominate easily. With none of the effort I put forth on the pubside.

And people wonder why pvp has turned to crap. Why bother playing if you don't try.

There is so much in this thread that makes it a microcosm of all that is wrong with PvP. Whether it is knowing how to play, toxicity, or just plain complacency. It reminds me of why I quickly lose the will to bother. I don't want to be stuck with bad players nor complacent ones sitting it out waiting for their reward; nor do I care for the berating of the former 2 types. PvP without matchmaking just breeds this and it makes it not about fun and more a bitter RNG game with very few good matches.

Most of the players on your team are like you, clickers, no stim, no buffs... You will never win like that.

But... but... everytime i sayd the same (no dps, no cc, no plan of the own class, ecc...) i heared, that...

... this is only a game.

... everyone can play what and how he wants.

... i maybe have no live...

... i have to shut up.

... ecc...

;)

That's rubbish. You don't need new hardware to play well. You don't even need to keybind, although if you can keybind, it helps.

The only way to get better is to practice. Buying a piece of new hardware and expecting to get better is laughable. If you don't practice and get better through grinding, all the best tech won't make you better. You'll just be bad and have spent lots of money being bad.

I remember when I went from a regular mouse to a G600. It made a world of difference.

This has been the result for the last half a dozen games I've been in against the empire.

( Sharpshooter Gunslinger )

Shameful

Look at the damage your team has done. Especially look at the damage YOU have done.

It's what we call serious L2P issues around here.

Shameful indeed.

I mentioned those two assuming that he would take the time to learn after buying the mouse. There are plenty of PvPers that I know who own the mouse and are still garbage anyway. In the end it comes down to technique. I'm left-handed, so I was forced to just get the left-handed version of the Razer Naga. Even then, it took me like two weeks to get used to it. Started binding 3 abilities and then more.

Edited by havikoro

You trolling? You could roll around and throw bombs the whole time and do more damage than 150k. Getting off five aimed shot/trick shot combos would get your 150k. You either hid in a corner or joined late in the match. But, yeah, you guys got smoked. Looks like you were up against a team who understands the need to be aggressive. Dark siders feed on your tears, cries about premades, and accusations of hacking.

Macros aren't against the rules, because your mouse/keyboard driver isn't considered 3rd party software.

And no, I don't use them.

It isn't 'third party software' that's the problem with macros, it's automating any kind of gameplay. It doesn't even always need to be multiple abilities or button presses - they've even said in the past that using a keyboard macro to call out 'help snow' for example is against TOS.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6459160

Edited by Jherad

i'm a filthy keyboard turner who clicks the hotbar with a cheap wireless mouse i bought for 10 bucks...

if i'm on a non scrub team I get in the top 3 dps and medals in 9 out of 10 matches consistently_and I by no means consider myself anything but a mediocre PvPer.

this is simply a L2PvP issue.

watch some videos or something...PvE is about dodging circles and memorizing boss paterns; in PvP you have to think on your feet so to speak.

Edited by gasxero

Macros aren't against the rules, because your mouse/keyboard driver isn't considered 3rd party software.

Actually it is against the rules. Bioware posted about it years ago. If I can be bothered after I wake up (going to sleep soon), I'll find the post and link it for you

technically any type of automation is against their rules, but personally with the gcd on this game they wouldn't be of too much use to begin with, outside of a half assed ball click or a call out macro.