Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How to kill a game.

christian_bmx

:sy_darkside: Make a reward system that dont give a f..k about raiders and end game and players with a real life.

:sy_darkside: Make a forum and dont give a f..k about what the subscriber players think.

:sy_darkside: Launch a new patch with new bugs and never repairs to the old ones.

:sy_darkside: Make an annoying Pop UP about DvsL

:sy_darkside: Make a new patch and cero flashpoints, operations, pvp warzones, starfighters, or any type of new game.

:sy_darkside: The same history for all classes. Do not care if you are a force user or not

:sy_darkside: Make nothing about credits sellers and spamers.

:sy_darkside: The same events every weeks.

:sy_darkside: Decrease the staff and the budget.

Edited by christian_bmx
Wrong tittle

:sy_darkside: Make a reward system that dont give a f..k about raiders and end game and players with a real life.

:sy_darkside: Make a forum and dont give a f..k about what the subscriber players think.

:sy_darkside: Launch a new patch with new bugs and never repairs to the old ones.

:sy_darkside: Make a new patch and cero flashpoints, operations, pvp warzones, starfighters, or any type of new game.

:sy_darkside: The same history for all classes. Do not care if you are a force user or not

OMG LOL...that's like exactly what Bioware did....ooooh....that's the point right?! ;)

^^^

...nailed it.

Edited by ShardODarkness

well done mate, you said it. 200% accuracy. :D:D:D ./high five

........... they still don't care though ./headbang

Quite honestly a few months ago I would have disagreed ... but this time the shoe is on the other foot (so-to-speak).

It seems as though you may be closer to the truth than I would prefer to admit to!

IMHO: there is a very big lady standing to her feet ... clearing her throat !

:eek:

How is this by EA or Bioware when you represent neither :confused:

they represent their own opinions, which they have every right to do, and absolutely nothing you can do or say is going to refute, change, or otherwise make any of your comments appealing, retorted, or even listened too....one day you will realize that you might have been able to contribute something to this world other than your narrow point of view that might have been meaningful and possibly even respected by others. But until such time, I truly hope you enjoy the negative feedback that others give you for not wanting to actually participate in a discussion, instead of being antagonistic towards the topics that posters convey into the forums.

Thank you, I am actually glad someone put together a list like this honestly I am at the point of wondering if the developers are actually trolling the user base or simply trying to piss off everyone to the point they actually leave the game and EA can cut their losses. Because right now everything they do has been to make a lot of money really fast through the CM successful and other than the story arc of 5.0 they don't seem too concerned whether people want to stay or not. The thing about forums and any other types of customer service response systems. You will see few posts or hear about stuff when things are going really well and a ton when things are going to hell in a handbasket and right now the later is where things seem to be heading and it sucks. Sad part is I do pay a ton of money to the cartel market every month because I enjoy the items but I would like to see them do more to enhance the entire gaming experience, not just one aspect of it. And I am saddened that things this xpac are getting worse and not better, and disappointed that uprisings and new story arc were really the only new end game content added. I mean instead of working on ways of changing a system that was working (taking away wz comms and crystals and tokens), making a new menu bar that was really unnecessary. They could have done a new op, flashpoint, pvp zone or more. This mentality of rehashing the same things over and over and over with the new cxp system is like beating a dead horse with a stick and hoping it will still get up and walk after it has been turned to mush.

Ooh, ooh, I've got some other ones!

* Start selling items in the cash shop that make your game pay to win!

* Have your bonehead developer give interviews on gaming sites after launch making it clear he doesn't know what he's doing and is deliberately ignoring player feedback.

* Retroactively gate items players have earned over the years behind high Valor restrictions.

* Spend months promoting an in-game event that appeals to achievement hunters, then remove all of their earned achievements at the end of the event.

* Immediately nerf into the ground every method your players find to try to make the tedious RNG grind even a little less tedious.

* Remove in-game tokens people could use to buy gear/decorations/companion gifts/crafting mats/etc., pay them a tiny amount of credits in exchange, then jack up the prices on all the items previously bought with those in-game tokens to make them far more expensive than the conversion rate would dictate.

* Make every RNG box bought from the cash shop cost more and give less rewards with every new shipment.

Edited by AscendingSky

I guess people like the post on an emotional level because some of the point are (imo faulty) assumptions, some are plain wrong and some are simply out of the dev's control. So yeah...not too impressed with this topic.

And I am impressed how you carefully explained what was faulty or "plain wrong" with the OP, and the valuable addition your comment provided to this discussion. Oh, wait....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.