How Many crates can you open without a single set bonus piece

DarthDekin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened 3 packs totally, one pack on 3 different toons. I got those packs without any efforts, only by summonning Master Ranos, what immediately gave me one rank of GC.

1st pack gave me a 230 bonus set belt + schematic for dps purple 230 belt.

2nd contained only junk that I desintegrated.

3d pack contained 230 bonus set chestpiece + schematic for correct tanking 230 relic.

Though it does not matter anymore. Already cancelled my subscription. The system itself is so disgusting that I feel sick even thinking about to grind that GC stuff. The game must bring fun, not stress and boredom, or even make peope unhappy with poor rng system.

So, whoever had this awesome idea to build gearing system, based on rng and grind, can play this russian roulette themselves.

I have now opened 6 Command Crates and received 2 pieces of Set-Bonus gear.

Here's a fun bit of stupidity, however.

In the most recent box was an Orange headpieces shell with 230 blue mods - "Eternal Commanders MK-2 Stalkers Cap" or something like that.

One of the Set pieces i have is the "Eternal Commanders MK-3 Stalkers Cap" which is Purple shell with purple 230 mods and set bonus

What i find terribly stupid? The blue 230 headpiece has more Mastery and Endurance than the Purple Set piece. Only thing the Purple has going for it is the Set Bonus and slightly more Power.

I'm certainly not a Gearing expert, but it seems to me that the Blue 230 is better than the Purple 230 Set piece in this case?

I have now opened 6 Command Crates and received 2 pieces of Set-Bonus gear.

Here's a fun bit of stupidity, however.

In the most recent box was an Orange headpieces shell with 230 blue mods - "Eternal Commanders MK-2 Stalkers Cap" or something like that.

One of the Set pieces i have is the "Eternal Commanders MK-3 Stalkers Cap" which is Purple shell with purple 230 mods and set bonus

What i find terribly stupid? The blue 230 headpiece has more Mastery and Endurance than the Purple Set piece. Only thing the Purple has going for it is the Set Bonus and slightly more Power.

I'm certainly not a Gearing expert, but it seems to me that the Blue 230 is better than the Purple 230 Set piece in this case?

Higher power and lower endurance are actually part of the min/maxing. That is the tradeoff you want.

Oh and on topic, 14 boxes and 0 set pieces.

Edited by Jamtas

The Command Rank 18 crate gave my only set bonus piece.

Jedi Knight, Guardian, Vigilance DPS

Got: Eternal Commander MK-3 Weaponmaster's Belt

Rating: 230, Purple

Bonus List describes it as: Ultimate Exarch Vindicator's ...

It is only marginally better than the augmented BoL piece into which I had put 228 item modifications I pulled from another piece (the Green armorings can be pulled from any piece and put into any piece)

Question is: Is it worthwhile to augment this set piece with MK-10? How about with MK-9?

15 so far.

230 blue earpiece, 230 blue implant, orange 230 saber. Recipe for a Vectron Slicer (yeah, another mount), a lot of green jawa junk and a virtual ton of stuff for disintegration.

This system sucks beyond anything I have ever played in an MMO. Asian grindfests are kinder than this cluster****.

Thank goodness only 22 days left and don't have to worry about it anymore. BW only want you to subscribe for story. So next year when they drop another 5 hours of content in story, I will sub for a month, play it, then unsub again. They can stick this system where the sun doesn't shine. They go back to the pre-5.0 gearing methods, and I will stay subbed for the year. At this point, even modifications to this abomination won't keep me.

Edited by Wayshuba

Combined over 2 characters (I crafted my *** off for 228's prior to even starting Galactic Command, so I'm not reliant on this system.)

14 crates total, 1 Green modable gloves (220), 2 of the "revanite" sabers, the rest was schematics I can't use/doubled up on, and jawa scrap.

Seeing 230 pieces hit the GTN, I ask myself, what the hell's with all the alacrity?

Though it does not matter anymore. Already cancelled my subscription. The system itself is so disgusting that I feel sick even thinking about to grind that GC stuff.

You people remind me of that lady that went before her local city council because the McDonalds in her town wasn't serving the McRib, which to her was like "Christmas without snow".

Seeing 230 pieces hit the GTN, I ask myself, what the hell's with all the alacrity?

Every piece of healer gear ive gotten so far has alacirty in it. Including ear and implants. Ive augmented crit and ripped out some **** since holy ****. Whoever designed this gear got lazy.

Edited by Radzkie

You people remind me of that lady that went before her local city council because the McDonalds in her town wasn't serving the McRib, which to her was like "Christmas without snow".

Perfect analogy! Except the city council would not be part of McDonalds and thus have no relation to this example. And the McRib is a seasonaal thing, not a permanent menu item.

A better try would have been, "you people are like the folks who go and write to complain to McDonalds corporate about taking all the burgers off the menu, and instead each day you can come and stand in line for 30 minutes to an hour for a chance to randomly get one of the ingredients for the sandwich you want. with a chance of getting a fish patty, coffee, napkin or happy meal toy instead."

Edited by Jamtas

about 9 boxes with zero set bonus pieces. Gotten to the point where the only thing I have to look forward to is disintegrating items to speed up towards the next crate. Seriously, give me one more pile of jawa scrap, I dare you. /mutter

Perfect analogy! Except the city council would not be part of McDonalds and thus have no relation to this example. And the McRib is a seasonaal thing, not a permanent menu item.

A better try would have been, "you people are like the folks who go and write to complain to McDonalds corporate about taking all the burgers off the menu, and instead each day you can come and stand in line for 30 minutes to an hour for a chance to randomly get one of the ingredients for the sandwich you want. with a chance of getting a fish patty, coffee, napkin or happy meal toy instead."

My example had more to do with the overly dramatic wailing going on over the new system. IE, a bunch of babies.

My example had more to do with the overly dramatic wailing going on over the new system. IE, a bunch of babies.

Interweb drama bothers you? Brah it might be best not to be so sensative. Bad for your health.

Edited by Radzkie

Priceless:D

What's crazy is everyone is going nuts trying to get 230 set gear when that isn't even end game gear yet. That's like the basic entry level tier for kotet, lol. I wouldn't get so bent out of shape over the acquisition of set gear until you get to the final tier of gear. Then I would spaz out over the rng process, but at this point 230 is moot.

As a matter of inquiry, what IS the highest gear level going to be?

And can we purchase mods and enhancements at that gear level, or will we have to rip them from existing pieces?

I really think BioWare should have made top-tier mods craftable with materials that could only be obtained through top-tier content.

Would have made the Crew Skill system SOOOO much more relevant.

:cool:

I got a belt on my first one.

ATM, on my main, I've got 3 set bonus pieces, one blue 230 mainhand, a purple relic and a purple implant. Everything else was either blue or green, the implants of the blue were an upgrade to my 220/224 gear, but everything else in the blue shell and everything green was useless. Apart from a recent alacrity enhancement, first one I've got so far this xpack (even though it was green)

I'm only command rank 12, so I consider myself pretty lucky. Which is a problem. Some people not even having got a set bonus yet is ludicrous with these command crates.