Dear Eric why must we be punished for 1 person?

americanaussie

It wasn't just one person who was exploiting the system. On every active server I play on folks were creating CXP farm groups to kill elites and champions for hours nonstop. These groups were completely invalidating the entire Galactic Command system. The nerf was obvious and inevitable. Don't blame BioWare for the nerf. Blame the player base for trying to get over on the system.

Explain to me why is something that is in game is an exploit ?

If bioware didn't do proper testing with those elite npc's it's players fault now ?

If i remember correctly there's a weekly limit how much CXP you can get, so why is it an exploit to reach weekly CXP ?

So if i reach weekly CXP limit on my toon i am exploiting ?

Why is there a limit then ?

I have leveled to level 13 in galactic command but received only green + empty orange items.

Not a single purple item in 13 levels.

Is system exploiting me ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by -Spc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me why is something that is in game is an exploit ?

If bioware didn't do proper testing with those elite npc's it's players fault now ?

If i remember correctly there's a weekly limit how much CXP you can get, so why is it an exploit to reach weekly CXP ?

So if i reach weekly CXP limit on my toon i am exploiting ?

Why is there a limit then ?

It wasn't an exploit, it was just unintended.

It wasn't just one person who was exploiting the system. On every active server I play on folks were creating CXP farm groups to kill elites and champions for hours nonstop. These groups were completely invalidating the entire Galactic Command system. The nerf was obvious and inevitable. Don't blame BioWare for the nerf. Blame the player base for trying to get over on the system.

How is it possible to 'invalidate the system'? Wasn't the big hullabaloo all about playing the way you want to earn gear instead of being forced to enter warzones/operations?

What? I am on Harb, and there was NO ONE out killing those elites but me for 2 hours yesterday.... And that was between 6pm and 8pm... Prime time on the west coast...

The farming groups you see in chat in ops were for XP farming from 65 to 70...

There were a couple people farming EV, but that was the fault of the Devs for missing those elites and champions in the patch, which was fixed today as well. As those were never intended to give CXP.

Nah, Its only BW's fault creating a system and not thinking thru how players play that system.

I said many times before it went live that people would just farm elites to gain cxp.

And it's BW's fault that they didn't balance GC to match different play styles.

This system is doomed from the start. In next expansion they might have to remove it or reset everyone's progress and if they reset it It' will be same s**tstorm that they created with removing DvL achievements.

Bw has already nice trackrecord of bringing new systems and then ignoring them in next expansion.

It seems that if people are going to exploit any system to maximize their gain then they will simply move on to the next best alternative having already benefited from the loop hole or oversight in the design plan.

To now punish everyone else seems both pointless and counter productive. If some put in 60 hours in the first 3 days grinding CXP to reach 100, short of a much much lower weekly cap they will reach 300 far quicker than intend. But guess what it doesn't matter if someone is so invested in this game that they found grinding the 30,000 gold npcs fun they aren't going to gear up and say I'm done, they are an addict and will be here when the lights are turned off. They will probably be watching the server screen for months afterwards cause a) it must all be a joke and b) thats what they always do and they don't know what to do otherwise.

Where this doesn't work is for people that were playing 'as intended' and killing an elite mob gave a nice bonus on that heroic mission. Hell it helped balance out those heroic missions that have you fighting through 40 force chocking bastards for 20 CXP as opposed to the one where you have to just talk to a droid.

This knee jerk reaction only hurts the game, the exploiters have made 100 ranks and are laughing, the people that played through the content are now faced with an even longer grind and for what. A chance at some decent gear but in all honesty probably junk and with a probably average speed of a couple of ranks a week, its got to lead to the question why bother. A week of grinding and I got 6 pieces of Junk! The addicts are the people the devs should be worrying about its the people that are wondering why they want to repeat content for the 50th time for some points towards junk gear,

It seems that if people are going to exploit any system to maximize their gain then they will simply move on to the next best alternative having already benefited from the loop hole or oversight in the design plan.

To now punish everyone else seems both pointless and counter productive.

Exactly this. Players who care about gear will inevitably move towards the most efficient methods of receiving that gear. You nerfed gold and champion CXP? They'll just move on to the next most efficient thing. They'll do this until enough nerfs come down that they decide it's not worth the time put in anymore for the (lack of) rewards and quit the game. And then the 'average' player is left with a much worse system than when it started, there's fewer people paying subs to support the game, and nobody wins.

Exactly this. Players who care about gear will inevitably move towards the most efficient methods of receiving that gear. You nerfed gold and champion CXP? They'll just move on to the next most efficient thing. They'll do this until enough nerfs come down that they decide it's not worth the time put in anymore for the (lack of) rewards and quit the game. And then the 'average' player is left with a much worse system than when it started, there's fewer people paying subs to support the game, and nobody wins.

I agree 100%.

It wasn't an exploit. It's called grinding. Grinding mobs for whatever has been a staple of trash MMO's since forever. And BioWare is the one who decided gear progression should be a tedious grind fest. Some people chose to kill the same mobs over and over instead of running the same old content over and over and BW got offended?

Mob grinding can't possibly be construed as "trying to get over on the system" in the very system that requires grinding.

Thus far through the awesome command crate system I’ve scored 1 green piece of armor I could use, a couple pieces of jawa crap, and the rest evenly divided between rep items for groups long ago maxed and gear I cannot even equip. At least the rate I was leveling was fairly fast. Killing the gold trash rather than avoiding them was actually a valid strategy when I did heroic grinds.

The epic slashing of the only thing I liked about the Command system, the speed I could move through to get the new boxes, should have elicited outrage on my behalf. Sadly though it is just another in a line of things that have sapped my will to play. Not getting a number of companions back like Jaesa or Ashara bothers me. Yes, I know specific characters can but I wanted to know the story of several, especially Scourge and Kira, given their relationship with the former Sith Emperor. The repetitive nature of the storyline regardless of class, makes the reply value low. 2-3 times is enough before I spacebar through everything. Cartel Crates are a joke. I’ve bought several, mostly off the GTN, and a personnel certificate was the best though I got. Though I should count myself lucky. I didn’t get a vault full of junk I can’t even sell.

I cannot see much changing, at least for the better. I am positive that the design team doesn’t much care what any one user thinks, though I doubt I am alone in my malaise. At this point I am thinking I will blow through the new content and get my toons up to 70, then let my sub lapse till next November and whatever new content might come. So what if I miss out on gear I don’t use, decorations I don’t place, or early access that I lose most of to patching, re-gearing, re-specing, and de-bugging.

It wasn't an exploit. It's called grinding. Grinding mobs for whatever has been a staple of trash MMO's since forever. And BioWare is the one who decided gear progression should be a tedious grind fest. Some people chose to kill the same mobs over and over instead of running the same old content over and over and BW got offended?

Mob grinding can't possibly be construed as "trying to get over on the system" in the very system that requires grinding.

Thank you. Seeing people referring to grinding as being an exploit has really been bothering me.

It's boring, tedious, mindless and totally unfun

And that's why Bioware nerfed it.

If all you care about is gear, then no you wont win. Everyone else wins though.

Edited by Swtorevolution

And that's why Bioware nerfed it.

Actually it proved too efficient and people who wanted to do the HCs couldnt do them because the OPs groups blocked the zones. I understand the latter but nerfing it because people figured something out that took 5min of actually playing the game is punishment. Its punishing players for the devs unwillingness to actually play their game to figure out stuff before they hit the live server with crap.

So play for fun and not rewards. Surprise surprise, noone is farming gold mobs now that the rewards are gone, so it cant have been that fun to farm them.

Amazing logic. Completely flawed, since there are not that many things that are fun in this game anymore. And people will choose to do the things that are a combination of average fun and high efficiency. Unless you prefer doing Uprisings. The worst endgame content ever released, and I thought they could never top that after Star Fortresses.

It's quite easy to infer what Bioware's intentions are when you stop bashing everything they do and actually try to understand things from their point of view.

You don't need to do that. It's easy to know Bioware's intentions anyway. Their point of view is to keep players subbed and playing this game for as long as possible. It's a company, get real.

Actually it proved too efficient and people who wanted to do the HCs couldnt do them because the OPs groups blocked the zones. I understand the latter but nerfing it because people figured something out that took 5min of actually playing the game is punishment. Its punishing players for the devs unwillingness to actually play their game to figure out stuff before they hit the live server with crap.

Noone is being punished. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing their heroics. Noone is being punished for anything.

Amazing logic. Completely flawed, since there are not that many things that are fun in this game anymore. And people will choose to do the things that are a combination of average fun and high efficiency. Unless you prefer doing Uprisings. The worst endgame content ever released, and I thought they could never top that after Star Fortresses.

So you just refuse to play for fun and then complain that the game isn't fun. Makes sense.

You don't need to do that. It's easy to know Bioware's intentions anyway. Their point of view is to keep players subbed and playing this game for as long as possible. It's a company, get real.

Bashing the company. As I said, try to see things from their perspective.

Edited by Swtorevolution

It was a system nobody wanted, are you surprised people are looking for easy workarounds?

Bioware wanted it.

True, Bioware wanted it – or perhaps EA did. Who knows? Regardless, I’m sure the creation of SWTOR and its content is focused on a small amount of individuals playing a game how ‘they’ envisioned it. That's sarcasm, no one who wants to make money does this; especially in games - badly organised games that are on a tight budget. And if that’s the case, then the image they have envisioned is out of touch with what is actually wanted by the target audience. No one desires RNG. I have yet to meet someone who ever said the following and meant it 'Oh wow, I wish I could gamble to get my armour piece instead of buying the correct one outright, thus having me waste my time for multiple hours trying to get it, because that would be neat.' No one would say this, no one would desire this. RNG is tolerated, not loved. It's like a screaming child or a capricious lover. And lady luck is one capricious lover.

Now, they can stick by the guns and say ‘it’s what they wanted’ and have it exactly how they desire. But by doing so they lose revenue. By ignoring your user base you also lose profits.

Ignoring those who purchase/sub your game after considerable feedback is given is a good way to lose profits and in the end result in the self-destruction of a MMO. Of course, not all feedback should be acted upon. If I see one more person say ‘Nerf sorc because dis one womped me in pvp and it bad a buuuhuuu’ they deserve a kick up the buttocks. Regardless, there is a time to listen and a time to communicate.

That time is now.

Bioware, you’ve made a lovely expansion – the story is great, it was delightful, it’s something I’d replay. Sadly, it also came with horrific bugs, a discrimination against the human type 2 head that makes the game censor them with graphical over shade blur, and a system that while some like – there is a huge outcry – at least on these forums for the revision of it.

I personally agree that the GC should be Legacy wide, there is no reason why it shouldn’t be unless you’re deliberately trying to stretch it.

Make it Legacy wide; to compensate lower the gains and perhaps the cap for each toon. Simple. Or don’t at all, just make it Legacy wide. And never nerf sorcerer again.

Edited by StarkHelsing