Dear Eric why must we be punished for 1 person?

americanaussie

Why couldn't you lower the daily or weekly limit instead? Now you've invalidated all bonuses on heroics. I tried group activities. I wasn't bad. Now I just want to solo but what's the point? Might as well remove heroics from the bonus rotation. I don't have 15 hrs a day. I have 2 or 3 tops. Now I can't do what I enjoy. And what about those poor people on low pop servers that probably can't do many group stuff? Or pvp. Please let us know why we are being punished. Thanks. And if you thought about how cxp passes 1x.25 is still 1.

I feel sorry for you now. You sound like a child telling the teacher that no, you didn't do anything bad...

Maybe some day you'll wake up and see that fawning and pleading doesn't work. Only not giving them money does, at this point.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, Bioware wanted it – or perhaps EA did. Who knows? Regardless, I’m sure the creation of SWTOR and its content is focused on a small amount of individuals playing a game how ‘they’ envisioned it. That's sarcasm, no one who wants to make money does this; especially in games - badly organised games that are on a tight budget. And if that’s the case, then the image they have envisioned is out of touch with what is actually wanted by the target audience. No one desires RNG. I have yet to meet someone who ever said the following and meant it 'Oh wow, I wish I could gamble to get my armour piece instead of buying the correct one outright, thus having me waste my time for multiple hours trying to get it, because that would be neat.' No one would say this, no one would desire this. RNG is tolerated, not loved. It's like a screaming child or a capricious lover. And lady luck is one capricious lover.

Now, they can stick by the guns and say ‘it’s what they wanted’ and have it exactly how they desire. But by doing so they lose revenue. By ignoring your user base you also lose profits.

Bioware isn't as concerned with profits as you think they are. The profits of this game don't even go to Bioware. They want to make a fun, story-based game with what resources they have available. Unfortunately they don't have the resources that Blizzard have. What they do have now is full creative control with no interference from EA, so what you can expect to see over 5.0's lifetime will be more content and less CM additions. All these people unsubbing will be crawling back when that content is released.

Why couldn't you lower the daily or weekly limit instead? Now you've invalidated all bonuses on heroics. I tried group activities. I wasn't bad. Now I just want to solo but what's the point? Might as well remove heroics from the bonus rotation. I don't have 15 hrs a day. I have 2 or 3 tops. Now I can't do what I enjoy. And what about those poor people on low pop servers that probably can't do many group stuff? Or pvp. Please let us know why we are being punished. Thanks. And if you thought about how cxp passes 1x.25 is still 1.

^^ This is a much better idea that forking everybody. Kill the overland golds but leave the group, heroic and repeatable chapters at 10. You PROMISED us that we could earn a level an hour. Before you forked us I could do 3 or 4 chapters and get at least 2 command levels. Now I do the same and get NOTHING. Thanks for forking me.

Musco use that brain in your head for something more that holding your ears apart. Use the intelligence your are supposed to have and stop shafting us all because one icehole beat the overland system.

Some of us do not have hours and hours to play. Some of us only have an hour or 2. Now we can not get even one command level in that amount of time now it takes us twice that just to get one.

Bioware isn't as concerned with profits as you think they are.

This right here proves that you have no idea how corporations go about game design, investment, economic planning, and that you are basically just spouting nonsense to defend Bioware. And that's coming from someone who wasn't even opposed to the GC system.

This right here proves that you have no idea how corporations go about game design, investment, economic planning, and that you are basically just spouting nonsense to defend Bioware. And that's coming from someone who wasn't even opposed to the GC system.

Bioware isn't a corporation, they're a game developer.

Who are part of the EA family. And are thus whipped by EA Sith Lords to do as they demand.

Diddy mao!

They were under the thumb of EA, but they aren't anymore because EA have given up on SWTOR. Bioware are now free to do whatever they please with this game.

5.0 is the result.

Edited by Swtorevolution

Bioware isn't as concerned with profits as you think they are. The profits of this game don't even go to Bioware.

They were under the thumb of EA, but they aren't anymore because EA have given up on SWTOR. Bioware are now free to do whatever they please with this game.

5.0 is the result.

I need to be clear here. You believe that Bioware isn't interested in profits, and EA is no longer involved and in fact all the money made from this game doesn't go to either company? So, ahem - where is the cash going? And does it need a travel buddy? I'll be its friend.

Edited by StarkHelsing

I need to be clear here. You believe that Bioware isn't interested in profits, and EA is no longer involved and in fact all the money made from this game doesn't go to either company? So, ahem - where is the cash going? And does it need a travel buddy? I'll be its friend.

The profits go to EA. EA is not Bioware, and Bioware is not EA.

Edited by Swtorevolution

5.0 is the result.

Hahaha, this is the most clueless statement I have ever seen. Apparently you have never heard of Bullfrog, Maxis, Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Pandemic, Mythic Entertainment, Victory Games or many others.

All of them were studios with notable franchises that were closed down by EA because... wait for it.... they didn't turn enough of a profit.

In addition, the only specific title pointed out in the last quarterly reports from EA (and not in a good way) was SWTOR. I guarantee at this point, SWTOR is very much in danger of being shut down by EA. There is nothing else to explain this complete cluster**** that 5.0 is.

Yup, and EA is so unconcerned they felt the need to mention SWTOR as being the primary driver of revenue loss among their subscription properties. [/sarcasmoff]

Can't wait to hear the next quarters comments on SWTOR when subscriptions losses have increased 40 fold thanks to very poor decisions being made by those with charge over the title.

You need to take one minute of your life and read Wikipedia or EA Investor Materials. Bioware is a wholly owned "property" of EA.

Bioware is owned by EA. That does not mean Bioware IS EA.

This post gave me some sort of disease for which there is no cure. Why would you say this? You fiend. This is the trolliest thing ever.

You make quite a compelling argument.

Yup, and EA is so unconcerned they felt the need to mention SWTOR as being the primary driver of revenue loss among their subscription properties. [/sarcasmoff]

Can't wait to hear the next quarters comments on SWTOR when subscriptions losses have increased 40 fold thanks to very poor decisions being made by those with charge over the title.

That's exactly why EA have given up on SWTOR. I don't know what your trying to argue here.

What I hate the most about the whole mess is that thy FINALLY fixed the story part (thank you Drew Karpyshyn) but dropped the ball on the gameplay so hard it's... Well the state of the forums shows just how badly it went.

It's Star Wars for forces sake! It takes a special kind of talent to run it in to the ground on the new wave of hype for the franchise and staggering amount of old time fans! Just... I have no words for the disappointment I'm feeling.

What I hate the most about the whole mess is that thy FINALLY fixed the story part (thank you Drew Karpyshyn) but dropped the ball on the gameplay so hard it's... Well the state of the forums shows just how badly it went.

It's Star Wars for forces sake! It takes a special kind of talent to run it in to the ground on the new wave of hype for the franchise and staggering amount of old time fans! Just... I have no words for the disappointment I'm feeling.

For me, even the story isn't fixed. I have a vested interest in many of the vanilla NPCs such as Darth Vowrawn, Darth Jadus, and especially all the companions who haven't returned yet with nary a word about them. Because of this, I feel like only the Valkorian family drama was wrapped up by Team Lana and Theron while at the same time leaving huge, gaping plot holes in my character's personal story and with the other stories in the rest of the galaxy. I'm really not satisfied at all with the 5.0 story.

Ironically, I realized that I don't really care about the gameplay changes (aside from the awful Ravage change,) as the command experience system really doesn't phase me. A player like me like me won't go out of their way to max CXP each week if the content isn't fun and would rather just get what I can get while doing what I like in the game... Unfortunately, the only things I really enjoy doing anymore are vanilla planet quests that I might have missed and co-op vanilla play, which would be vanilla quests/heroics as I mentioned, FPs, and OPs with my husband. I absolutely will not run KOTFE/ET chapters over and over for CXP because I don't like the story and the characters; however, I would would like to run the vanilla class stories and vanilla planet quests over again with my same character (not rerolling a new character every time) because I like that content very much. The content in levels 1 - 50 is what got me hooked on the game to begin with.

@ Edyn

I do understand the frustration - I want my original companions back as well. Badly.

But I althou take it to account that the Fallen Empire story line was ALREADY in progress - they could not just dump it half way, could they? It had to be concluded and what they did is the FIRMLY put an end to it - you sorted out the issues and put all the dots over i. If you read the letters you will notice that it seams to be gearing up to return to empire/republic dynamic and I fully expect the next installment to finally deal with the missing companions, especially since the author who wrote them in the first place is back to pick it up.

So yes, there are things I want to see happen, things I can guess about and it's by far now over yet. But I have a good reason to be confident that the story is going to fine from now on - I liked the original stories and in this one I recognize the style I loved in them.

So story wise we just need to give them time to produce it.

The question is wither the gamplay will destroy the game before that happens.

Actually it proved too efficient and people who wanted to do the HCs couldnt do them because the OPs groups blocked the zones. I understand the latter but nerfing it because people figured something out that took 5min of actually playing the game is punishment. Its punishing players for the devs unwillingness to actually play their game to figure out stuff before they hit the live server with crap.

Actually I'm gonna guess that the area picked was done so to specifically not interfere with the Heroic Quest. The quest in that area only requires clicking on 4 NPCs...

After telling others about all the great content there is to play, defending GC and RNG, etc. They make a change that now has negative impact on your preferred playstyle and you complain that it takes you longer....1 day after posting a thread poking fun at people that wanted to level up quickly. The irony is delicious.

It's amazing isn't it?! I love it when people blindly defend until that ONE thing gets them (like a slot machine). It's funny how few people can see it from another players perspective.

Lowering the cap would have been a better idea.

Lowering a global cap is NOT an answer either.

Putting in separate caps for different content however could be a good middle ground solution. Nor does it need to completely replace a global cap. You can have both, and frankly for anything that might be enticing to players to grind.. should have specific caps in addition to a global cap.

INB4 some PvPers do a drive by on me accusing me of enabling afkers in WZ as that is complete nonsense. A) afkers already exploit WZ now. B) the studio can and should provide the players with better mechanisms for managing AFKers in PvP on their own (like make an AFKer in a WZ flagged so even their teammates can kill them and get rewarded for it, or some other method that allows players to apply a punitive action on AFKers).

Edited by Andryah

I'm beginning to feel that the dev's are slowing (trying) to turn this game into a single player (with MMO features) chapter based game. Similar to Hitman. So they slowly killing off the MMO elements that keep long time players involved.

PVP was the first to go. Raiders. Now it's all the rest. Sooner or later, there will be players supping for $60 a year for 10 chapters of story and missions.

Edited by cagthehack

Gameplay was great in the chapters too though I thought.

It's the design of the game itself now to make people repeat content and pay money ( let's be honest - this whole system was solely created to sell the passes ) that has gone downhill.

I would think though if they had the development budget left to actually create more repeatable content this wouldn't have been needed but I guess they knew if they didn't make some sort of system to enforce a grind that they were going to be even worse off in terms of revenue.

Noone is being punished. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing their heroics. Noone is being punished for anything.

Oh, you clueless little troll.

Increasing the time of one method of aquiring CXP by 100% is a punishment... for the devs incompetence. Bonus missions give 20 CXP. Thats acceptable for Clvl 1-5, maybe up to 10 but after that its ridiculous. That bonus should scale up with the level but it doesnt. So of course players look for alternative methods to compensate. The fact that the devs dont think past their eyebrows

Actually I'm gonna guess that the area picked was done so to specifically not interfere with the Heroic Quest. The quest in that area only requires clicking on 4 NPCs...

Possibly. I saw one group that only killed in the center of that area and left those in the eastern and western corner alone. That left people with 9 elite and the champion which is always bound to the one who calls him.

Isnt pretty for people who are not very familiar with the area. But that doesnt justify an overall nerf. There are other HC areas that are empty all day because nobody bothers to go there anymore like hoth, voss, belsavis and so on.

Or they could just have added a 2nd instance for droomund kaas. Yet they decided to take the worst possible "solution". And the silence of the devs speaks volumes that they dont care to justify it. This is the definition of incompetence. They dont know the right solution to the problems they created.

Edited by Zasszz

Oh, you clueless little troll.

Increasing the time of one method of aquiring CXP by 100% is a punishment... for the devs incompetence. Bonus missions give 20 CXP. Thats acceptable for Clvl 1-5, maybe up to 10 but after that its ridiculous. That bonus should scale up with the level but it doesnt. So of course players look for alternative methods to compensate. The fact that the devs dont think past their eyebrows

The system is designed so the player can do whatever content they want to do and get rewarded for it. And you still manage to go out of your way to do something you hate doing for the sake of rewards that you can get from doing anything else in the game you actually enjoy doing.

Are you a masochist?