Chapter 9 Boss Battle [SPOILERS]

raikwolf

Be aware that all of the following will be spoilers!!

In the last battle (I guess is the last), when battling Spirit Vailyn, is there anyone else having an extremely hard time killing the spirit or is just me missing something? Difficulty is way too different between characters doesn't make any sense to heal 30k if you gonna get owned with a 5k that hits you around 8 times without chance to avoid it besides running around... That way of fight makes it boring folks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have many many unkind things to say having done the fight with my Annihilation Marauder on the fourth/fifth try. Lag didn't help and it was particularly atrocious as were the stuns and slows. I don't think I'd be as upset about the tuning were I not getting all the stuns I didn't get in earlier chapters and it didn't come across as tuned for those who kept the Holocron spirit as a companion. There are fights I can dismiss my companion and muddle through- that doesn't mean they're much fun though.

The fight isn't fair and it's not fun either. To make matters worse, you get through it and then can practically slow burn cakewalk the final boss.

That fight is actually preety easy, you have to fight her in close range, inside that purple circle, then when she starts charging up her big attack that throws you around, there is going to be a big red circle on the ground, you have to get out of that whole area and she wont hit you at all. And remember to keep an eye out for those green healing circles that go around the area

That fight is actually preety easy, you have to fight her in close range, inside that purple circle, then when she starts charging up her big attack that throws you around, there is going to be a big red circle on the ground, you have to get out of that whole area and she wont hit you at all. And remember to keep an eye out for those green healing circles that go around the area

Except she hits like a truck and you barely do anything to her at all so you're usually dead before she starts charging up to begin with. It also doesn't help that basically every one of her attacks stuns you and she can leap to you even if you do manage to get away from her so she can pretty much stunlock you. Seriously, this fight is just badly designed.

Edited by Livestick

Doing this right now and its' just impossible for me.

No LOS, she can blast you through the rocks, constant stun/slow, 961000hp without a companion or healing stations, the memory healing is random it can pop up twice in a short period or take forever to pop again, not kitable because you can't damage her from afar but she can damage you from afar.

This just isn't tuned for a solo person.

Stay in the purple circle. Know your movement impairment erasing abilities. Keep an eye out for the Memory of Healing circles (sometimes they're in the back). Keep an eye on her *whatever they're called stacks* and when she hits 30, get behind the stairs (worked for me) or just get outside of the red circle.

Avoid the purple DoT circle and watch the green circles. Kite her close to the green circles so that when you see the red circle the green circles hit her. That will stun her for about 10 secs and allow you to wail on her. Repeat this process a couple of times and she's done.

Attempted more than 10 tries in my operative. 7 of those times had her down to less than 25%. Several time the game lags and I die. Someone said to avoid the purple bubbles. how the hell am I suppose to avoid them when she stuns you and jumps to your location. Takes to *********** long to do any damage to her with just grenades cause everything else just shows REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED REFLECTED. Did i mentioned reflected. If the people only wanted certain classes to be able to do this *********** ****, they should have at least put a warning up about that/

This is the type of ******** that is making me rethink my position of having a subscription

Frankly, this fight is BS. I can't get her down past half life with my DPS Assassin. She hits like a truck, and the memory of healing never pops up when or where you need it. The stun attacks refresh faster than my stun break, so half the time you can't get to the rare Memory of Healing that pops up because you're being thrashed around helplessly. I've been playing this game since launch and have never died this much in any fight.

I cleared this fight on the first try as a lightning sorc. I had (at the time) mostly 216 set bonus pieces with some 220/224/230 (purple). It's not a difficult fight. Just learn the mechanics and stay clear of the big attack (outside the red circle).

I have a lot of problems with 5.0, but this fight is not one of them.

Okay, I don't know what fight some people are in that are saying this is "easy" etc. There's no stacks to look at, there's nothing to interrupt. There is no circle to avoid. All that happens is that my sentinel gets stunlocked and smacked off the ground 8-10 times every time. I cannot go to a healing cloud because then, after nearly all my health is gone after getting smacked off the ground, I'm promptly stunlocked again.

Stop lying. Way to go Bioware.

I did this on inquisitor tank yesterday and while I found it utterly tedious with how long it took to kill her with my tank dps I never came close to dying. Her special buff is exactly the same as the first time you kill her, she reflects all damage not delivered from inside the purple circle. Keeping the holocron spirit of Valk's father made the memory of healing things utterly irrelevant to me. When she reaches 30 stacks there is a short period of her continuing to attack then she curls up and the red circle appears. Run out of the circle and you completely avoid her big attack. She has two major stuns, one short and one long. I waited a bit and if it fell off it was the short one, if not I hit my stun break. The gap between her long stuns was larger than my stun break cool down.

I do think overall the fight really sucks, it is needlessly long and tedious compared to all other boss fights in all 9 chapters, far longer than the others, even the final fight with Valk. They need to cut her health in half at least. And they need to make the temp companion available to all and not make keeping him a dark side choice. First toon I did it on was dark side anyway so I simply stumbled into having him. Something that makes such a huge difference in a major fight should not be tied to such a choice since not keeping him so horribly gimps you in what is really the longest, hardest fight of the whole thing. At this point all my light side toons will be taking that dark side ding to their rating on that choice.

Okay, I don't know what fight some people are in that are saying this is "easy" etc. There's no stacks to look at, there's nothing to interrupt. There is no circle to avoid. All that happens is that my sentinel gets stunlocked and smacked off the ground 8-10 times every time. I cannot go to a healing cloud because then, after nearly all my health is gone after getting smacked off the ground, I'm promptly stunlocked again.

Stop lying. Way to go Bioware.

Errr, i can't say it was easy but i killed her on my third try with my smuggler after i figured out that those healing things do damage to her. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't. Also what do you mean by "There is no circle to avoid"???

I kept the holocron. all damage to her is inside the circle. smacked on the ground 8 times then stunlocked to death before i could get to healing circle. What game are you playing? I'm playing SWTOR.

Your class stun break stops the being beat on the ground, save it for that. The other stun is the short one. Every time she started that I broke it. I never dropped below 75% health the whole fight playing inquisitor tank in mostly 208 gear with a couple 216 pieces and one 230 blue from my first command crate. The stacks show as a number in a buff box on her portrait when you target her.

I am very much a casual player and not some hard core player, I play this game off and on and have not done an OP or even a FP in several years. I mostly play WoW with this game being a nice change of pace. The fight is winnable at least on a tank with the holocron spirit. Not tried a dps toon yet so I cannot comment on how different that will be.

Your class stun break stops the being beat on the ground, save it for that. The other stun is the short one. Every time she started that I broke it. I never dropped below 75% health the whole fight playing inquisitor tank in mostly 208 gear with a couple 216 pieces and one 230 blue from my first command crate. The stacks show as a number in a buff box on her portrait when you target her.

I am very much a casual player and not some hard core player, I play this game off and on and have not done an OP or even a FP in several years. I mostly play WoW with this game being a nice change of pace. The fight is winnable at least on a tank with the holocron spirit. Not tried a dps toon yet so I cannot comment on how different that will be.

I'm thinking that people are ignoring the circles on the ground.

It's possible that they need to change their graphics setting, but it might be that they're confusing healing circles for attacks and moving out of them...

I'm thinking that people are ignoring the circles on the ground.

It's possible that they need to change their graphics setting, but it might be that they're confusing healing circles for attacks and moving out of them...

it's kinda hard to see with all that lightning......

it's kinda hard to see with all that lightning......

This. I died on my first try because I didn't notice the healing memory circles. On the second try I could see them and then is just a matter of following the mechanics: stay inside the purple circle, interrupt the force blast when you can, use your stun break during the slam, stay out of the big red circle (use these moments to pass through the healing circles), rinse and repeat.

Did that with a sentinel, on a mix of 216/220 gear, no set bonus.