Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

That's a good point about the incompatibility of the Dark Side and love Hraken.

It would be cool though, if you could romance/manipulate Ashara into loving YOU so she feels attached to you and will do everything for you while your character doesn't actually love her.

Lol for example via conversation options like 'I love you (Lie).' No?

THAT would be a great idea. At the moment, you really just have to pretend. It would be nice if the dialog reflected the fact that you're just a manipulative liar.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a DS 5 SI and i agree there should be able to corrupt her since its the signature thing of an inquisitor u know, eg palp and vader. that said i don't actually mind her current story of her trying to redeem me so to speak, i mean warrior get 2 different companions, one for lightside and one for darkside. if u a lightside warrior guess what, U were lightside before jaesa was even thought of. she didnt convert u to lightside or try to redeem u from your evil ways. that was all u and she joins u lightside because she sees said good in u. i think for the at least the inquisitor the whole your companion/apprentice/lover is trying to convert u instead of u convert her is kinda a cool way of looking at it. during the whole time with her really its your trying to convert each other in way back and forth, give and take basically. honestly no other companion has that kind of story and i think giving it to my favorite class was a good thing, they just need to add the option to convert her and for those who like her how she is can keep her that way.

also, her sex scene, was of all my 50s, my favorite cause u actually see them talking and stuff together, not just oh hey lets make love, black-screen, that was great walk back into the screen. anyone else feel that aside from the downsides she has, one of her upsides is her conversation movies seem alot more going on. at least for a companion that doesn't get any go with u somewhere quests? or is that just me

I'm playing a dark side sorcerer right now, and while I haven't gotten Ashara yet, I've more or less decided that I'm not going to romance her. On some level, it disappoints me that you can't corrupt her to the dark side and have a romance with her (ie. you need to go to the light side or at least become morally gray), but now that I think of it, it kind of makes sense that you can't do a dark side romance with her.

Sigh.

Except you can be 100% Dark Side and still romance her if you buy her enough Republic Flags, Shoes, and Perfume.

And there in lies most of the hate felt for this character by others. She will still eventually grow fond of you * regadless of your cruelty and merciless manner.

* Fond enough to begin the romance option. There is where the second layer of hatred comes in. You have to act in a manner inconsistent with your everyday activities to romance her. And then put up with her "Jediness".

F- that. Cultist chick is my girlfriend, she gets to have my evil spawn and raise them to worship me as the Cult does... which is largely pretend I don't exist, never tell me a thing, and hope I never return.

I think you and I are arguing similar points. If you read more carefully, you'll see that by "Dark side romance" I mean a romance where both parties are dark side - which is what people were griping about, that you couldn't convert her to the dark side and romance her, you had to pursue this dialog tree that had her painting you as some sort of redeemed or gray Sith.

Either your personality around her has to be an out-and-out lie (see: the "Palpatine" option I mentioned in my post), or you make some sort of transformation that starts to bring you back to the light. If you managed to romance her while staying at DS5, then that would suggest the former.

You have to act in a manner inconsistent with your everyday activities to romance her.

Yep. Now, personally, I've got no problem with having my character be inconsistent when talking to her (ok, I would in real life, but this is a game). I think it's a really good demonstration of how twisted and evil your character has become - he is, after all, willing to make a woman believe he's in love with her for the sick amusement of deceiving her and observing the emotional tribulations she goes through, as well as also so that he can make use of her combat skills without her turning on him (not to mention the sex).

Except you can be 100% Dark Side and still romance her if you buy her enough Republic Flags, Shoes, and Perfume.

Which would totally fit in with "the palpatine option" - wooing her with gifts, false statements about who you are, and promises, all while you make no effort to turn away from the dark side, but instead delve deeper into it.

And then [you have to] put up with her "Jediness".

Frankly I would think putting up with her jediness would be an advantage - it means your character has one less rival for power and that you will see any potential betrayals a mile off. If anything, her being a jedi makes her the one party member you can be certain won't be scheming behind your back. That's just my way of looking at it though. I realize others have been really upset by this.

Edited by Hraken

Yup. The SI storyline feels a lot less fun than the BH and SW storylines. The SI is the weakest written of all of them. You're supposed to be a master of the force and intrigue, but you spend the entire story passively going on with events around you. The SW seems to have much more of an effect on the surrounding world.

The SI also has the most poorly written companions. Vette and Mako (not talking about romance, just in general) have a lot more personality than any of the SI companions.

QFMFT. SI was a huge let down imo.

When I look at the SW story line, I see a char that wields power to dominate others while the SI is more about gaining personal power at all costs. Different mindsets and different experiences. This explains the turning of Jaesa vs the turning of Ashara. The SW dominates Jaesa while the SI uses Ashara as a means to power.

I would hope that as patches/expansions come out, Ashara may yet be turned. Actually, if this happens it could turn into an epic event that makes the SW conversion story tame in comparison.

We will have to wait and see.

I think you and I are arguing similar points.

Yup. Exactly correct. When I read your post I was out of my mind on sleep fatigue (hence all the spelling and grammer errors).

I thought you were one of those "Oh no! I cannot romance Ashara if I am DS5!" posters.

When I look at the SW story line, I see a char that wields power to dominate others while the SI is more about gaining personal power at all costs. Different mindsets and different experiences. This explains the turning of Jaesa vs the turning of Ashara. The SW dominates Jaesa while the SI uses Ashara as a means to power.

I would hope that as patches/expansions come out, Ashara may yet be turned. Actually, if this happens it could turn into an epic event that makes the SW conversion story tame in comparison.

We will have to wait and see.

What I want is either to continue using her to aquire more power... or to treat like every other person I've dealt with along the way: use, murder, move on.

I wonder if bioware has looked at this topic and I wonder why none of em has given us a response about this?

be carefull what you wish for they might give you the option to corrupt her but be able to romance her only if you keep her lightsided as the opposite of jeasa

be carefull what you wish for they might give you the option to corrupt her but be able to romance her only if you keep her lightsided as the opposite of jeasa

I don't really mind if that happens I would not even want to romance her if we corrupt her since I don't even do romances with my sith characters.

I don't really mind if that happens I would not even want to romance her if we corrupt her since I don't even do romances with my sith characters.

if your playing a female ya but as male she s your only option, atleast SW still got Vette as a backup..just saying

We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)

Don't make me go against my teachings...

Passion.. peace... Strenth... knowledge... Power... serenity... Victory... harmony... Freedom.. the Force!

Pretty much sums it up for me, hence i rarely put Ashara Zavros out at all, or even use her.

Don't make me go against my teachings...

Passion.. peace... Strenth... knowledge... Power... serenity... Victory... harmony... Freedom.. the Force!

Pretty much sums it up for me, hence i rarely put Ashara Zavros out at all, or even use her.

Oh yeah when she said don't make me go against my teachings I really wanted to shock her and force her to fall to the dark side since talking did not make her fall on taris so I thought that there would be a more heavy handed approach. Like what malak did to bastila soon as I found out that we cannot make her fall to the dark side she forever stays on the ship.

Ugh, I've been romancing Ashara and...

WTH is up with her refusing to marry me because she's "technically still a Jedi!!" In what universe is helping me sabotage and destroy the Republic make her "still a Jedi." That's not even good LS writing.

What a disapointment of a companion character. Just atrocious. I hope BW comes down off of whatever drugs they were on when they wrote her story and give me the option to either finally turn her to the DS so I don't have to hear any more "I'm a Jedi!" crap, or let me kill her and replace her with an actual DS female LI. And no, it needs to be someone other than Thana Vesh because she's fertilizer in my game.

Seriously?

It's not a bug. The writters thought was a stellar "romance", nothing you do will ever change their mind.

I heard that the person who wrote the SI story left bioware so if the rumor is true we are getting a new writer so lets just hope that the new one actually understands how the sith works.

The person who wrote the sith warrior understands really well but the person who wrote the SI story? I don't know what she was thinking when writing the story.

if they're going to implement the ability to turn her, I really hope they do it in a good way and not in the classic really dumb star wars way, example: the padawan the sith warrior can turn to the dark side...

seriously, she goes from: "I come save u mastah, oh mastah not who I tihnk hmm, he bad but try make me good ok ok"

TO:

"I angry at mastah, I feel thrilled abut killin him, I kill him, I now also want to kill all Jedi, all dis cuz I in star wars universe where the logic no exist wieee"

... seriously pisses me off how bad all the "turn to dark side" crap is in star wars

you don't go from "nice person" to "psychopath" in 5 minutes

Edited by Fentz

This pretty much needs to happen.

It makes no sense that I am constantly gaining affection with Ashara by saying things like "The Republic will be crushed" etc. etc. and yet she still claims to be a Jedi? Come on.

Bioware has said from way back that the SI is supposed to be the Palpatine experience. Palpatine corrupted one of the greatest Jedi heroes from the Clone Wars, and yet we can't do it to a dinky overzealous padawan?

It doesn't make sense. Please fix it.

This pretty much needs to happen.

It makes no sense that I am constantly gaining affection with Ashara by saying things like "The Republic will be crushed" etc. etc. and yet she still claims to be a Jedi? Come on.

Bioware has said from way back that the SI is supposed to be the Palpatine experience. Palpatine corrupted one of the greatest Jedi heroes from the Clone Wars, and yet we can't do it to a dinky overzealous padawan?

It doesn't make sense. Please fix it.

The funny thing is that you get a more palpatine experience with the sith warrior I have a level 42 dark side sith jug and she has lied, manipulated and cheated people in her story. Lets not forget the sith warrior corrupting jedi knights, jedi masters and a padawan to the dark side. Oh and the sith warrior can manipulate a jedi knight to murder someone AND then kill them proving that jedi either fall to the dark side or fall to the might of the sith as the sith warrior says in their story.

After watching/reading articles and videos on the sith inquisitor and bioware says that the SI is someone who works from the shadows and manipulates people I just facepalm after I playing the SI to 50.

Edited by lokdron