Shae Vizla Missing head

Jamtas

What if instead fix that supossed bug you fix the real bug? (lower health points she has at level 65.... 25k hp is a joke)

I was thinking the same thing, and it's not just her HP that is glitched.. all her stats are glitched. 200 dmg at lvl 68? I won't be using this companion anytime soon. Lol

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.
Tait, if that's a bug, you'd better tell the devs to spread it to the rest of the Knights Of The companions, because we've been asking for that "bug" ever since KotFE launched.

Seriously: WHY do you think letting us change our companions' gear is a bad idea? I might not even mind the change if some explanation could be given...and don't start on the "skimpy" armor sets. If they'd bothered you that much, you would have removed them from the game before the game even launched.

Wow...this is REALLY disappointing. Seriously, there hasn't been a single piece of good news about the future of the game since 5.0 was announced. Everything, from gearing to new content to this, has been a complete and total disappointment.

Devs, there is NO reason to revert this change. FIX the bug, do NOT remove the ability to customise her. Seriously. There's NO reason to justify removing the ability to customise her outfit. None. Knock it off.

No, you get them when you do her Alliance Alert (sometime after KotHE Chapter 14)...you can do this mission even if you use the token, so basically you have to do KotFE to get the extra customizations.

Except I'd already done chapter 14 before using the item, and have now completed all chapters, and still no alert for Shae.

Devs, I think this is one of those bugs that DOES NOT need to be fixed any time soon. Take your time with this one. Leave it "bugged" for around 6 months. Fix the other bugs that are affecting the game, because people LIKE to customize their companions in different outfits

Don't know what's worse, loosing the ability to customize Shae or having proof that the devs are tone deaf on what the community wants.

My assumption was that at some point they mean to sell customizations on the CM, and they figure we will still be buying all the regular armor sets for ourselves (that's what they believe alts are for, never occurred to them that we'd actually want to gear them, but that's another story), so they might as well separate the companions and have us pay extra to make them look different.

The theory crossed my mind. Apply the "fix" to all original 40 companions and sell custom sets on the cartel market.

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.

We've been asking for customizable companions for a year. Why would you remove that ability on this one instead of fixing it and adding it to the rest like your players have asked for?

One of the fun things in the game was the ability to customize game play.. that included everything from your companions to strongholds, armor, etc. It's fun to customize the companion. It also helps to individualize our gameplay so that we are not just carbon copies of each other. I loved it when we could equip our companions with armor, even controling their stats, etc. Now we can't even comestically change their looks and yeah I know it's been that way since the last major update but still some saw this as progress that we could once again customize our companions. I would love to understand why the developers of this game do not want the player to customize companions.

Edited by Savyl

Agree 100% with the voices here, customizing companions is half of what makes cutscenes interesting. It should be our choice what they are dressed in, especially as it is billed as our own personal story.

Good going. For me, Shay isn't missing her head if one unequips anything in the customization slot. So to fix this non-bug you all are literally removing the only thing I like in 5.0. I guess there's no reason to play any more. Wake me when 6.0 is released.

Seriously, why is this a bug? Why is there ZERO RESPONSE on what we can't customize newer companions? Having hundreds of the same companions running around makes this game stale. I don't use any of the uncustomizable companions (unless the game makes me :mad:) just for that reason.

WE WANT THEM TO LOOK DIFFERENT!!!! This in a sense is nothing but pure oppression of our individuality and creativity. We like admiring each other outfits and it inspires us to get creative when it comes to mixing and matching gear and color combinations. Plus it makes people grind more to farm the look that they want. Isn't that what you want? For us to play more? All you're doing is encouraging people to unsubscribe as soon as they beat the game.

Bottom line is you need to give us a reason to keep playing. That definitely would keep me playing, I'm sure others feel the same.

If the skimpy outfit thing is the reason why that's a joke. Anyone that plays obviously has the ability to go online and look at real star wars P O R N. Grow up. We pay you to let us play a game. You have no right forcing your social justice warrior views upon us. We are adults.

PLEASE RESOND TO THIS TOPIC. YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. STOP HIDING YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND.

Edited by mikebowman

I'm really disgusted with the way this has been handled. I've been closely watching the forums for a year, hoping the devs would finally address the non-customizable companion issue. If I felt ignored or dismissed before, it is double that now. Now I KNOW that you are aware of the issue and are actively impeding a fix. Now I KNOW that you are purposefully ignoring us. Customizing companions is a major part of the fun in the game for me. Why can't you even bother to give us an answer?

It shouldn't be a but, it should be a feature, and you should allow us to customize all of the FE and ET companions, not just Shay.

Could the reason they deny us customizations be due to the comps being used in cutscenes? Is it somehow a drain on the system to do the cutscenes with everyone's toons wearing something different?

Shouldn't be (at least not exclusively). I'm fairly certain the KOTFE/KOTET companions that show up in cutscenes are static models and wouldn't reflect armor changes even if you'd made them. One instance where I know for certain the changes aren't reflected is Lana's lightsaber color. I changed her crystal from red to magenta shortly after KOTFE started but it's always red in cutscenes. So they could let us change the armor outside of cutscenes and it'd just show up as their default during cutscenes.

You could make the argument then, I suppose, that not letting us change their armor is to avoid a disconnect between those cutscenes and gameplay since their armor would differ between cutscenes and gameplay. However, even that's not a perfect explanation because I have to imagine there are a good portion of people who wouldn't care as long as they could customize them outside of cutscenes. I know I wouldn't. It also brings up the original question of why not let them have different armor during cutscenes (and thus all the time)? If there was actually a performance impact, that's fine, but at least tell us as much. Just leaving them without the ability to be customized and refusing to say anything past that is a little ridiculous.

Shouldn't be (at least not exclusively). I'm fairly certain the KOTFE/KOTET companions that show up in cutscenes are static models and wouldn't reflect armor changes even if you'd made them. One instance where I know for certain the changes aren't reflected is Lana's lightsaber color. I changed her crystal from red to magenta shortly after KOTFE started but it's always red in cutscenes. So they could let us change the armor outside of cutscenes and it'd just show up as their default during cutscenes.

You could make the argument then, I suppose, that not letting us change their armor is to avoid a disconnect between those cutscenes and gameplay since their armor would differ between cutscenes and gameplay. However, even that's not a perfect explanation because I have to imagine there are a good portion of people who wouldn't care as long as they could customize them outside of cutscenes. I know I wouldn't. It also brings up the original question of why not let them have different armor during cutscenes (and thus all the time)? If there was actually a performance impact, that's fine, but at least tell us as much. Just leaving them without the ability to be customized and refusing to say anything past that is a little ridiculous.

Actually, sticking with Lana and her lightsaber for a second: if you equip her with a different lightsaber, it will STILL show her default weapon in cutscenes. Ditto all of the other KOTFE companions.

Add me to the list of "People Who Won't Mind If Their Companion Is Wearing Default Gear In Cutscenes", by the way. I just want my Vanguard's squad to look like ONE SQUAD.

NOOOOO! Please, please reconsider this decision. I HATE not being able to customize any of the new charcaters's outfits, it's so boring that they're all always the same. I was very pleased that Shae was customizable, please don't ruin her.

Edited by VinVenture

Can we PLEASE stop it with the customization characters?

For the record, I'd rather Shae not be customizable. I think special companions should have a unique look and personality and players should not be able to alter them. I also find it distasteful to see hundreds of Shae Vizlas running around in a slave girl outfit when she is Mandalore. Obviously, many would love to be able to customize companions. I just do not believe these particular companions obtained in KOTFE and KOTET should have that option. Thanks Tait for the update.

For the record, I'd rather Shae not be customizable. I think special companions should have a unique look and personality and players should not be able to alter them. I also find it distasteful to see hundreds of Shae Vizlas running around in a slave girl outfit when she is Mandalore. Obviously, many would love to be able to customize companions. I just do not believe these particular companions obtained in KOTFE and KOTET should have that option. Thanks Tait for the update.

You mean Shae doesn't know how to get down and boogie?

http://imgur.com/A6xx5Su

http://imgur.com/hs208of

No way. We should be able to customize all our companions. It doesn't break immersion just because you have her in something other than mandalorian armor. There are plenty of other things that break immersion in this game but we have the choice to use them or not to use them.

If they are not going to fix it, they should at least give a good reason why so we can move on.

Can you please leave that bug alone while you guys fix more annoying ones like the broken preview window?