Shae Vizla Missing head

Jamtas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I'd rather Shae not be customizable. I think special companions should have a unique look and personality and players should not be able to alter them. I also find it distasteful to see hundreds of Shae Vizlas running around in a slave girl outfit when she is Mandalore. Obviously, many would love to be able to customize companions. I just do not believe these particular companions obtained in KOTFE and KOTET should have that option. Thanks Tait for the update.

My Shae was running around in the mostly Mission Vao armor and looking pretty bad *** still. Honestly if it's the slave outfits causing the reason for not being able to have companion customization it's time to retire them. Give PC reasons, EA reasons or Disney reasons whatever they have to do and yank 'em from the game. Pretty sure it was dev's who added them in the first place. Have the CM designers spend some time and create a tasteful replacement if they can't just take it from those who have it already in game.

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.

A little of topic but there's 3 customization for Shae which you get from her alert ,however me being abit lazy quick recruited her instead of going through the whole little interaction with her which means that I have lost the option to use them on her correct? or should I still of got them no matter how I recruited her?

You could make the argument then, I suppose, that not letting us change their armor is to avoid a disconnect between those cutscenes and gameplay since their armor would differ between cutscenes and gameplay. However, even that's not a perfect explanation because I have to imagine there are a good portion of people who wouldn't care as long as they could customize them outside of cutscenes. I know I wouldn't. It also brings up the original question of why not let them have different armor during cutscenes (and thus all the time)? If there was actually a performance impact, that's fine, but at least tell us as much. Just leaving them without the ability to be customized and refusing to say anything past that is a little ridiculous.

I agree. The only possible explanation that I can think of is that it has something to do with cut scenes. But why BW considers this top secret and won't even acknowledge it, let alone discuss it, just utterly baffles me. Maybe the real reason has to do with budget cuts and they are not allowed to say anything that remotely hints at that. Therefore they can't acknowledge that customizing armor in cut scenes is now too much for them to do.

I do not believe it has anything at all to do with skimpy gear.

1) There is an background NPC in KOTET chap 8 wearing one of the Cartel Pack skimpy outfits, so obviously creating new content with skimpy outfits is still allowed and hasn't been "banned" by Disney or anyone else.

2) There are much easier ways to eliminate skimpy outfits from the game were that a problem. Eliminating ALL outfits on new companions makes no sense and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

No, the answer is something else....Something to do with cut scene mechanics I suspect.

What really gets me though is that Shae Vizla, once she becomes your companion, is no longer in any cut scenes, so keeping her customizable hurts nothing.

Also, as others have pointed out, if BW would just come clean with all this, players would probably accept a compromise and tolerate not having their outfits in cut scenes if it meant at least being able to customize them outside the story.

Edited by CloudCastle

I agree. The only possible explanation that I can think of is that it has something to do with cut scenes. But why BW considers this top secret and won't even acknowledge it, let alone discuss it, just utterly baffles me. Maybe the real reason has to do with budget cuts and they are not allowed to say anything that remotely hints at that. Therefore they can't acknowledge that customizing armor in cut scenes is now too much for them to do.

I do not believe it has anything at all to do with skimpy gear.

1) There is an background NPC in KOTET chap 8 wearing one of the Cartel Pack skimpy outfits, so obviously creating new content with skimpy outfits is still allowed and hasn't been "banned" by Disney or anyone else.

2) There are much easier ways to eliminate skimpy outfits from the game were that a problem. Eliminating ALL outfits on new companions makes no sense and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

No, the answer is something else....Something to do with cut scene mechanics I suspect.

What really gets me though is that Shae Vizla, once she becomes your companion, is no longer in any cut scenes, so keeping her customizable hurts nothing.

Also, as others have pointed out, if BW would just come clean with all this, players would probably accept a compromise and tolerate not having their outfits in cut scenes if it meant at least being able to customize them outside the story.

Those are some very good points. I agree it would be nice to know the reasoning. Especially now that we know the option is already there.

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.

Wait what ?!

:eek:

Why not leave her as customizable ?

:mad:

If you do that i will unsubscribe.

Seriously, why is this a bug? Why is there ZERO RESPONSE on what we can't customize newer companions? Having hundreds of the same companions running around makes this game stale. I don't use any of the uncustomizable companions (unless the game makes me :mad:) just for that reason.

WE WANT THEM TO LOOK DIFFERENT!!!! This in a sense is nothing but pure oppression of our individuality and creativity. We like admiring each other outfits and it inspires us to get creative when it comes to mixing and matching gear and color combinations. Plus it makes people grind more to farm the look that they want. Isn't that what you want? For us to play more? All you're doing is encouraging people to unsubscribe as soon as they beat the game.

Bottom line is you need to give us a reason to keep playing. That definitely would keep me playing, I'm sure others feel the same.

If the skimpy outfit thing is the reason why that's a joke. Grow up. We pay you to let us play a game. You have no right forcing your social justice warrior views upon us. We are adults.

PLEASE RESOND TO THIS TOPIC. YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. STOP HIDING YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND.

Well said. I agree completely.

For the record, I'd rather Shae not be customizable. I think special companions should have a unique look and personality and players should not be able to alter them. I also find it distasteful to see hundreds of Shae Vizlas running around in a slave girl outfit when she is Mandalore. Obviously, many would love to be able to customize companions. I just do not believe these particular companions obtained in KOTFE and KOTET should have that option. Thanks Tait for the update.

This is NOT the way to go. It's like saying "my favorite color is red, so everyone else needs to wear the color red with zero free will...just because I like the color red." If you like the outfits in KOTFE/KOTET, then feel free to keep them in those outfits. But please, don't ask them to not add customization and have companions be the same for everyone just because you like the current outfit. What if the devs forced Shae to be in a slave girl outfit and you had to see hundreds of those running around? ;) Then it wouldn't be so nice to not have customization options eh?

What is the point in Cartel Market armors now? I will not be able to put them in Vysla or Ranos after you "fix" it right?

Btw the cover armor sets are not working on them, so I have to place a belt I dont want or it will stay the same as the generic Vyslas and Ranos that everyone has.

Please Tait & Bioware staff reconsider this decision fix the covert armor set and let us customize our companions again like we were able to do before and play game the way we want. I don't think that this is an unreasonable request. Cheers!

:jawa_smile:

Edited by TheMadProphet

Just going to add my voice to the many already here. I found that Shae vizla was customizable a delightful surprise! Then promptly dressed her up on all my toons. Her armour is bland and if the customization is removed, like Lana and Theron and such Shae will be relegated to "crafting mook" never seeing the light of day. Her base costume is not something I want to be seen accompanying me in public.

So please make this "bug" a "feature" and leave her clothes alone. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please, do NOT revert this. In fact I think many folks would be quite happy if you applied it to all the KOTFE companions with normal models who are able to wear regular cosmetic gear.

That this exists demonstrates that it could indeed be applied to others.

TBH I personally have seen a number of Shae companions around and not ONE of them has been in a slavegirl outfit. I imagine there might be a few but at least in my experience so far it has not been a rule, and should not be a concern even if it was... which it doesn't seem to be.

Edited by Taramayne

I actually don't mind if BioWare fixes this, considering Shae has three customization kits that allow for variety and everybody to have a different look. What I would like to see, however, is BioWare fix the alliance alert for those who used the holocommunicator. I don't even have access to her other two customization kits.

I actually don't mind if BioWare fixes this, considering Shae has three customization kits that allow for variety and everybody to have a different look. What I would like to see, however, is BioWare fix the alliance alert for those who used the holocommunicator. I don't even have access to her other two customization kits.

The holocommunicator that they should fix but 3 kits aren't alot of customization options. People all have the same comp in the same gear, having the identical clone of your "hero". It would be more amusing if they kept it as it was. Gives it a personal flare to it all.

Well, this is the final straw for me. I've never really liked the clothing designs anyway. I've always had to pick and choose until I found some adaptive armor that I liked and then stick with that forever.

Now we're being told that "by design" Shae is supposed to be a "one size fits all" companion. This is utter stupidity.

I like to try and dress my companions as close to possible as being a "crew" instead of just a bunch of extras in a movie.

I will not use Shae at all now. In fact, once I finish Eternal Throne with my main character, I'm out of here. I've been playing SWTOR since beta and I'm done. Just sick and tired of the decisions that have been made by this company.

I don't know what's worse. Foolish enough to get screwed over by a game company and continue paying them money, or foolish enough to keep giving them money and hoping they pull their heads out some day.

I'm going back to questing with Vette until I complete everything. At least she's funny and can be customized.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Like many of you, I am too disturbed by this so called "bug fix" to continue to play. I am a huge Star Wars fan and a big Shae Vizla fan. In fact, I've spent considerable time and money hunting down Shae Vizla collectibles. Not long ago, my subscription lapsed for the first time since January 2012 but when I heard subs were getting Shae I didn't hesitate to resub. Well, it's been a good run and I've loved SWOTR like no other game. Shae had the potential to reinvigorate my game a little but but not if she's not customizable. The fact that I essentially spent $80 to get Shae but got a slap in the face instead really was the deciding factor in letting my sub go. Thanks guys for a great game but it's time to move on.