RIP Bounty Hunter fun

strallart

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super disappointed. Powetech has been my favorite class for a while now. First flame burst was replaced with that ugly blue pulse attack for AP, my favorite spec. Now my favorite ability in the game, death from above, is being removed from my favorite class for absolutely no good reason. I have never once heard somebody complain that Merc and PT were too similar, and that death from above should be Merc exclusive. A stupid change that was 100% unnecessary and does nothing but make PT more boring to play.

Then of course the removal of flamethrower, perhaps the PT's most iconic ability that happen to be a lot of fun to use. Again who asked for this? Why do they keep making these changes that make these classes so visually unappealing and boring. Shadow use to be my favorite class, they killed that, then PT was my favorite class, they just killed that. Why? I'm tired of my favorite characters becoming boring because the people in charge have no clue what they are doing. There are FAR more people unhappy by these changes than there are those who are happy. It's so easy to see this and yet they still try to push these changes? It makes 0 logical sense. But I guess the less sense it makes, the better for this team.

Well, from playing through the latest Content during the DvL Event, I can say that this is right in line with the overall theme they are going for.

By which I mean that Bounty Hunters are NOT Male Lightside Jedi Knights.

And therefore undeserving of having Cool Abilities.

Or stories that make sense.

I was under the impression that this was part of the effort to get rid of channeled and casted abilities for melee specs (and simultaneously preventing ranged specs from using melee abilities) to improve their mobility.

It was, and I like the new pt death from above, plus you can use it while moving. Maybe the searing wave thing, replacement for flamethrower is less visually appealing, but at least its instant.

IMO, Death from Above on a powertech was never a good visual animation.Yeah it is a cool move,but shooting blaster fire from one blaster and a finger always looked out of place imo. Now i can see the raging from Flamethrower because its a canon iconic BH ability but i dont see it as a gamebreaker because at least they added the flaming farts:D

Perhaps it was too expensive to do the visuals for flamethrower on going, they do like to cut corners. But, yes, it sucks, it was one of my favorite close quarter abilities.

They gave Flamethrower a newer nicer animation a few years back to make fire look more realistic. So I doubt that is the reason and if it is then it is a poor one.

What, they are ranged, if they are close enough to use it in a rotation, then they need to l2p

Uh, are you sure? Because pyro PT is bounty hunter too. Ehm. You know, DoT spread.... ehm. That's why I chose the PT back then when I was going for mercenary. So I can BURN THINGS! Because some people just wanna see the world burn :D

Honestly, I would love to sacrifice a utility to get the old flame thrower back. It's my fun class. I use flamethrower all the time on all my classes where I can use it. Sure, I am not using it on my PT tank for some obscure reason :D

Uh, are you sure? Because pyro PT is bounty hunter too. Ehm. You know, DoT spread.... ehm. That's why I chose the PT back then when I was going for mercenary. So I can BURN THINGS! Because some people just wanna see the world burn :D

Honestly, I would love to sacrifice a utility to get the old flame thrower back. It's my fun class. I use flamethrower all the time on all my classes where I can use it. Sure, I am not using it on my PT tank for some obscure reason :D

my bad, I keep thinking BH is a Merc only. I forget about PTs

New Flamethrower and Death from Above replacements look absolutely terrible...good job Bioware, in one fell swoop you've destroyed a good portion of my enjoyment for this class.

kinda hoping the upgrade to death from above would be death from below.

tunneling through solid dirt, firing rockets upwards to the target and exploding the moment they hit the surface and then tunneling back out :D

i don't much care about the original or the replacements. i bet the bounty hunter will still be fun to play.

I'm super disappointed. Powetech has been my favorite class for a while now. First flame burst was replaced with that ugly blue pulse attack for AP, my favorite spec. Now my favorite ability in the game, death from above, is being removed from my favorite class for absolutely no good reason. I have never once heard somebody complain that Merc and PT were too similar, and that death from above should be Merc exclusive. A stupid change that was 100% unnecessary and does nothing but make PT more boring to play.

Then of course the removal of flamethrower, perhaps the PT's most iconic ability that happen to be a lot of fun to use. Again who asked for this? Why do they keep making these changes that make these classes so visually unappealing and boring. Shadow use to be my favorite class, they killed that, then PT was my favorite class, they just killed that. Why? I'm tired of my favorite characters becoming boring because the people in charge have no clue what they are doing. There are FAR more people unhappy by these changes than there are those who are happy. It's so easy to see this and yet they still try to push these changes? It makes 0 logical sense. But I guess the less sense it makes, the better for this team.

So much THIS^^

I respecced from AP to Pyrotech because I hate the magnetic blast ability (and animation).

Now my favourite BH will not have

a) flamethrower which I loved (fu Musco with that heroic ability pat on the back)

b) death from above -which was the coolest move in the entire game. Instead I'll be having some kind of refrigerator opening on my PT's back... ugly. Not to mention idiotic when someone likes their Hunters in skimpy/sexy clothes (not me actually, but I've seen lots of Powertechs without heavy armour on)