Toy inventory or tab

bannsider

I have said it here before, I will keep posting it until you stop being lazy and do it - we need somewhere to keep toys and items like that.

My main now has over 4 full bars of holo shrubs, healing items etc and there is no need for that.

I want my free space back, we need a seperate place to store regen items etc. I am stunned that this wasnt brought in years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

You want special inventory slots to accommodate cosmetic frippery?

(All toys are cosmetic frippery. Every class has a perfectly serviceable out-of-combat regen ability, so the funky-looking ones (SOA! Gree Hypergate!) are just frippery.)

I have no sympathy for this request. I wouldn't oppose it, as such, but I think there are lots better ways they can spend their time.

I'm sure they can be converted to abilities like the macrobinoculars and seeker droid items. once you finish the quests they are no longer on mission items tab but accesible via abilities and dockable in quickbars

This exactly. Any toy that binds to an individual character should just become an ability. No storage needed.

I'd rather have a designated crafting materials & companion gifts tab. Not everyone hoards toys, but most people have crafting mats and gifts by the bundle. Would definitely free up space on toons for most people.

The workaround for mats and gifts is not cheap but possible, just unlock all 6 legacy cargo tabs.

Mine are setup like this:

1. legacy gear sets, stims, adrenals

2. gifts, jawa scrap, schematics, bonded attachment/assembly components

3. green mats

4. blue mats+vendor materials

5. purple mats + conquest war supplies + universal prefabs

6. legacy tokens (dna canisters, gree gray helix, ziost... etc) + decorations + unbounded xp boosts

The green mats tab is 1 slot short, so I have one lvl 9 mat in the gifts bay

With the 5.0 new lvl mats I may have to reorganize things, but so far legacy crafting haven't been a problem

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread because it's been 4 years since it was posted, we HAVE a designated crafting mat storage now (thank you SO MUCH for that!!!), and I'm still dying for a designated toy tab. Actually, two. Hear me out here:

- There's space in the existing "Abilities" menu interface-- please, please, I'm begging you-- any reusable toy that recharges your health and class resource, please make them work like mounts. Make them consume on use, and put them into a "recharge" tab in the Abilities menu. Make it so we can favorite them just like mounts, give us a "Random Regen" button we can put on our quickbars if we don't want to put each individual ability on there, and get them OUT of our inventory!!!!

- And then the ones that don't regenerate your health/resource, put in a separate tab like pets-- in a "toys" tab, with a "random toy" button for quickbars, and you can pop out the party jawa or the rhythm augmentation droid or turn into a shrub or light off fireworks, whatever. But again, out of our inventory!!!

I want to point out that these abilities are cartel market items-- presumably, you WANT people to buy them, and buy them all! I'll tell you right now, as much as I love so many of them, I've stopped buying them because I'm tired of having them cluttering up my inventory and quickbars. And the "random regen" button would be amazing because honestly, I also stopped buying them because what's the point? I put one in my "regen" space on my quickbar to hit in a hurry between combats, and everything else is kinda just there to play with if I happen to be bored waiting for a warzone to start or something.

With all the different gear sets and tacticals, all the adrenals and medpacks and stims and renown boosts, all the companion gifts (those having their own inventory like the crafting one would be great by the way!!!), everything cluttering up my inventory, on my main I literally have 69 out of 80 inventory slots filled at any given time. It's such a pain!!

And yes, I have my whole legacy storage unlocked. I have my whole cargo bay unlocked. But I have a lot of cosmetic gear that isn't cartel market stuff so it doesn't unlock in collections, I have a lot of 306 legacy-bound gear as I try to optimize gearing for all 28 of my characters, I have mounts and gear sets and color crystals I intend to sell on the cartel market or am waiting to decide which character to use them on, I have different currencies like Manaan Research Data or Recovered Relics that take up cargo bay space, I have XP boosts of 10 different types, and yes, I have toys and regen items I'm waiting to give to characters because I'm not sure which toon I want them on.... my legacy storage is completely, 100% full.

A separate Abilities menu tab for health regen toys, with its own "random regen" button for quickbars, would be an INCREDIBLE quality of life increase!! (The other toys tab would be nice, too, but is less important to me.) Please, please consider this idea! You'll sell more toys, you'll give us a ton of inventory space, and you'd make a lot of players really happy.

Thank you for reading and considering the idea, and for all the work that you do

I'd like this. I used to have enough space for the toys and stuff I used before 6.0, but with the amount of junk loot we get from playing is overwhelming. If I don't pause to clear my inventory in the middle of a raid it gets full really fast. On top of that we might have to carry different armor sets for different fights, not to mention tacticals and three piles of jawa junk.

While toys are not "necessary" to have and carry around, we often have a lot of fun during raid breaks or waiting for the group to fill up using those and emotes. With 6.0 most of my toys are just gathering dust now in my cargo base, which is kinda sad.

I'd like this. I used to have enough space for the toys and stuff I used before 6.0, but with the amount of junk loot we get from playing is overwhelming. If I don't pause to clear my inventory in the middle of a raid it gets full really fast. On top of that we might have to carry different armor sets for different fights, not to mention tacticals and three piles of jawa junk.

While toys are not "necessary" to have and carry around, we often have a lot of fun during raid breaks or waiting for the group to fill up using those and emotes. With 6.0 most of my toys are just gathering dust now in my cargo base, which is kinda sad.

Exactly :) +1 Support

• 1 year later...

I fully support this idea.

If Toys were consumed on use and became activated abilities, like Mounts and Pets, it would be a lot easier, and a lot more fun, for players to make use of them than when we have to carry them around in our Inventories.

I like being able to switch to different Mounts on my characters rather than just using one Mount all the time, which is what I would undoubtedly be doing if Mounts were activated items in your inventory rather than turned into abilities.

Similarly, I'm sure players would be making a lot more use of different Toys if they didn't have to taken up inventory space. Which, I think, would also increase the demand for Toys, meaning that Bioware would have more people looking to buy the Toys they add to the Cartel Market. More money is always a good thing, isn't it, Bioware?

I was very grateful when they added the Crafting Materials tab to the Inventory. I don't know how many people here will remember when Crafting Materials stacked to 99 in your inventory. I do, and it was a royal pain in the *** to store and keep track of all of those stacks of different materials. It became a little easier when the increased the maximum quantity of a single stack to 9,999, but it was still cumbersome until they removed the need to keep materials in your inventory altogether. I'd very much like to see the same for Toys.