Is this lack of communication normal?

DarthWoad

I'd like to see your links on the "vast majority" of people who liked kotfe. It always suprises me when people who love the story but don't care for endgame content meet these vast majority of people. I feel like i know a lot of people but im always in groups of 8-16 of them. I run a fairly large guild and speak with a lot of other GM's who run large guilds. And i haven't really heard a lot of glowing reports for kotfe. I also read a lot of different forums. There's usually about 1-2/20 people who think the story was amazing and call the rest the "vocal minority". The other 18-19 think its kind of bland. Do you single player pros have guilds where you group up to play all by yourself? Is that where you get this in your head that you are the majority? Is there a forum besides massively OP that I'm missing that there is actual numbers that make you the majority. How do you tally this. I typically just count. Maybe you can provide some insight to this vast majority

He's proof is about the same as yours as in it's he's opinion same as yours is yours. Nether of you have put any facts down. This is very common here everyone makes sweeping statements full of hot air and insist they are facts. It matters not which side of any disagreement you are on. We all do it, I have, so do so many and willing to bet you do to.

As for "I just typically count"

Oh yes very accurate, seems you count what you want to count, pretty much the same as the person you quoted, as said a lot of hot air.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's proof is about the same as yours as in it's he's opinion same as yours is yours. Nether of you have put any facts down. This is very common here everyone makes sweeping statements full of hot air and insist they are facts. It matters not which side of any disagreement you are on. We all do it, I have, so do so many and willing to bet you do to.

As for "I just typically count"

Oh yes very accurate, seems you count what you want to count, pretty much the same as the person you quoted, as said a lot of hot air.

Its pretty clear when something is one sided. What do you feel about this forum? Do you think the majority of people here are currently happy with the communication from devs? Do you feel that the comments lean to one way or the other? Do you feel that they are equal. Please do respond

I'd like to see your links on the "vast majority" of people who liked kotfe. It always suprises me when people who love the story but don't care for endgame content meet these vast majority of people. I feel like i know a lot of people but im always in groups of 8-16 of them. I run a fairly large guild and speak with a lot of other GM's who run large guilds. And i haven't really heard a lot of glowing reports for kotfe. I also read a lot of different forums. There's usually about 1-2/20 people who think the story was amazing and call the rest the "vocal minority". The other 18-19 think its kind of bland. Do you single player pros have guilds where you group up to play all by yourself? Is that where you get this in your head that you are the majority? Is there a forum besides massively OP that I'm missing that there is actual numbers that make you the majority. How do you tally this. I typically just count. Maybe you can provide some insight to this vast majority

You ever notice the debbie downer gang always runs a guild of over 2000 people and they personally poll each one of them and tabulate the results. It's amazing how coincidental that is, don't you think? I have over 873 friends and I just called each one of them right now. Of those 873, 862 told me they LOVED KotFE. Honest, I totally wouldn't just get on the internet and lie to support by absurd position. Pinky swear.

Its pretty clear when something is one sided. What do you feel about this forum? Do you think the majority of people here are currently happy with the communication from devs? Do you feel that the comments lean to one way or the other? Do you feel that they are equal. Please do respond

Last i checked my guild had 827 toons. Thats why i said it was fairly large. And i used to know more guilds. Sadly they are disbanding or failing because the epic story of this game just isnt enough. I went into the best detail i can to describe where my opinion comes from. Do you have a serious response on how you form your "vast majority" opinion. Or are you just going to blow more smoke

You ever notice the debbie downer gang always runs a guild of over 2000 people and they personally poll each one of them and tabulate the results. It's amazing how coincidental that is, don't you think? I have over 873 friends and I just called each one of them right now. Of those 873, 862 told me they LOVED KotFE. Honest, I totally wouldn't just get on the internet and lie to support by absurd position. Pinky swear.

LMAO. Love this. :p

We talked a little bit about some of this on the last Producer Livestream, but I can address most of those:

• Keep in mind that Eternal Throne is a continuation of the story in KOTFE. There are things that are not yet wrapped up or completed, and that is intentional. You aren't through the whole story yet...
  • The feedback of "killin' skytroopers" has definitely been passed on to the team, they are aware :)
  • Your last question I cannot answer since you are asking about content/gearing in Eternal Throne. More coming on that later.

-eric

Maybe I am missing something here, but you do talk about the production of upcoming content when you tell us that you're developing more story chapters (content) for the KotET "expansion".

This tells me that you can talk about content when it suits you, and are not telling us the truth when you say that you can't.

Edited by Exly

Maybe I am missing something here, but you do talk about the production of upcoming content when you tell us that you're developing more story chapters (content) for the KotET "expansion".

This tells me that you can talk about content when it suits you, and are not telling us the truth when you say that you can't.

Get real, seriously. It's EXTREMELY EVIDENT that he is contractually obligated NOT to release ANY real game specific information about the expansion. Disney does this kind of thing. The Star Wars Rebels guy couldn't talk about Ahsoka meeting Vader until after it aired. A time has been set for the debut. They cannot, by contract, discuss the details of the game until Oct 7th when Disney/EA/BW will release the info. That is what his post screams at me. Sorry guys, I'll lose my job if I let you discuss datamined stuff or answer your specific game questions like...is there any group content? That's what it totally sounds like. Don't blame him really.

Hey folks,

But, I do want to make sure you know when we will begin really talking about Eternal Throne. That date is October 7th. The day/night of our New York Comic-con Cantina is when you can expect details about Eternal Throne. Once we have crossed the 7th (and through launch), I will be able to address questions in the forum more directly, we will be posting developer blogs related to the expansion, and more.

I know this post is an announcement of an announcement but were almost there, only a few more weeks.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

FFS. If you don't want to post any new news then better not post anything at all. A announcement of an announcement ffs :rak_01:

I know it isn't. The expansion, the future (especially group/MMO content), etc has been a prominent topic on the forums this week . A general thread about communication seemed like a good place to explain the reasoning around that silence.

I didn't mean to be a rule breaker and hi-jack your thread!

-eric

Its good to see this. I hope we see more of you chatting around on the forums, Eric.

That's cool and all, but this isn't really all about the eternal throne. To me it's also about talking with the community, commenting on fan fiction, commenting in the off topic section, you know, just general chit chat in general?

As a community manager i'd want you to talk with us, more than an "announcement manager", cause that's the impression I get.

I honestly not remember ANY developer comments on FanFiction since Jan 2012. Perhaps they're not allowed to compliment fanfiction?

Get real, seriously. It's EXTREMELY EVIDENT that he is contractually obligated NOT to release ANY real game specific information about the expansion. Disney does this kind of thing. The Star Wars Rebels guy couldn't talk about Ahsoka meeting Vader until after it aired. A time has been set for the debut. They cannot, by contract, discuss the details of the game until Oct 7th when Disney/EA/BW will release the info. That is what his post screams at me. Sorry guys, I'll lose my job if I let you discuss datamined stuff or answer your specific game questions like...is there any group content? That's what it totally sounds like. Don't blame him really.

Then how did George Smith tell us there would be no new raids last summer pre-4.0?

I could use all caps too, and simply say its EXTREMELY EVIDENT they just want to take money from people for as long as they can.

You guys will do anything to take the blame off the studio. I find it very hard to believe this silence is enforced by someone outside of BW. If it were, we wouldn't know that KotET is going to be like KotFE, because Ben wouldn't have been allowed to say so. Yet he did.

Then how did George Smith tell us there would be no new raids last summer pre-4.0?

I could use all caps too, and simply say its EXTREMELY EVIDENT they just want to take money from people for as long as they can.

You guys will do anything to take the blame off the studio. I find it very hard to believe this silence is enforced by someone outside of BW. If it were, we wouldn't know that KotET is going to be like KotFE, because Ben wouldn't have been allowed to say so. Yet he did.

Arguing with these guys is a huge waste of time.

The white knight force is strong around here. And when i say strong there is two of them. Two=the vast majority

Would you mind clarifying what you even mean here? Or were you misquoting something?

I did miss quote this once. Tried to delete but failed. Re quoted the post from eric about how he addressed new ops. I'm looking for him to post a link or narrow it down. Because i follow this closely and he has been vague at best about new ops. And when i say vague i mean that in the kindest way possible

Trust me folks... As someone who has been ghosted by Blizzard developers for 12-14 months at a time more than once, let me tell you the SWTOR dev team and their level of communication is pure liquid awesome. We can wait a few more weeks :)

Its about the same as the pure liquid they had in the water at the rio Olympics

I know it isn't. The expansion, the future (especially group/MMO content), etc has been a prominent topic on the forums this week . A general thread about communication seemed like a good place to explain the reasoning around that silence.

I didn't mean to be a rule breaker and hi-jack your thread!

-eric

Hi Eric,

Some of us pvpers would love some communication too, especially about the cheats in pvp at the moment.

If you don't usually read the pvp forums, should we start posting our concerns in the general section too?

Whatever happen to transparency and roadmaps back in 2.0?

I always bring up the road maps too. The problem they have with road maps is they change it from year to year. They havent had a steady plan since 2.0 and its all been fly by night. The only devs i don't blame is the writers. How can you make a good story when you change focus lile underwear

I did miss quote this once. Tried to delete but failed. Re quoted the post from eric about how he addressed new ops. I'm looking for him to post a link or narrow it down. Because i follow this closely and he has been vague at best about new ops. And when i say vague i mean that in the kindest way possible

In Eric's defense, I don't think he's allowed to say much and because of how things have been, when people point out the pain points, he can only just sort of sit there and use standard avoidance language like "it's tricky" and "it's ongoing" and "we can't talk about that yet" etc.

I suppose that because of how things started with the game and pretty much the game was about to die in less than a year after release, there just has been a lot of negativity that was deserved, but it created a spiral that is very difficult to break. I still think it lies with BW Austin to break the cycle but I'm pretty sure they just don't know how.

It does mean though there isn't much communication going on here and though I am sure there is communication going on in other places but as soon as there's criticism then the vagueness comes again.

There is this interview I mentioned before

It's long but if you're interested it's good to watch. It's about pvp but it does go into the general way they do things. Eric does make some valid points but it's also clear that he has to wriggle a lot to answer a lot of the questions...and to me that's just symptomatic to the whole problem.

However, it's a long interview and it is a lot more communication about the game there then there ever has been here on the forums. It's not all bad for sure, but I just find it painful to watch how Eric seems to have at least one hand tied behind his back and there just are a lot of fair critical questions that he really doesn't come up with a good answer for.

In Eric's defense, I don't think he's allowed to say much and because of how things have been, when people point out the pain points, he can only just sort of sit there and use standard avoidance language like "it's tricky" and "it's ongoing" and "we can't talk about that yet" etc.

I suppose that because of how things started with the game and pretty much the game was about to die in less than a year after release, there just has been a lot of negativity that was deserved, but it created a spiral that is very difficult to break. I still think it lies with BW Austin to break the cycle but I'm pretty sure they just don't know how.

It does mean though there isn't much communication going on here and though I am sure there is communication going on in other places but as soon as there's criticism then the vagueness comes again.

There is this interview I mentioned before

It's long but if you're interested it's good to watch. It's about pvp but it does go into the general way they do things. Eric does make some valid points but it's also clear that he has to wriggle a lot to answer a lot of the questions...and to me that's just symptomatic to the whole problem.

However, it's a long interview and it is a lot more communication about the game there then there ever has been here on the forums. It's not all bad for sure, but I just find it painful to watch how Eric seems to have at least one hand tied behind his back and there just are a lot of fair critical questions that he really doesn't come up with a good answer for.

I appreciate your point of view. And if you told me this last year I'd be a lil less salty. But after two years I'm tired of the excuses. Some of us run guilds and they leave us nothing to work with. People get tired of running the same ops. The same conquest weeks. I don't know how they expect us to keep guilds going with single player content.

Thanx for the link. Ill check it out now. Hopefully it isn't something ive already watched

I can't see a reason not to pre-empt any unofficial information, and post a few pointers about what is upcoming- even if dates for release are not yet confirmed.

New planets, or game-modes, what to expect or what is W.i.P

- Which is all something we'd like to know in advance, but doesn't spoil the KOTET story on little bit.

Which is that Vaylin and SCORPIO have a same-gender relationship and have the cyborg lovechild, which is part Outlander DNA

Any line in regarding this? To me Eric, it seems, you folks shoud re consider you subscription model. To sum up the above mentioned topic, the operations are the only content behind a paywall, and considering the lack of support regarding them, I would say a one time character/account wide OPS unlock would be much more sensible. Introduce this and you can lean back and say: "Finally, OPS are done, we don't have to do anything with them anymore." Obviously you would loose me, and a lot of others, but at least we would be playing with our cards on the table.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm fine subscribing to this game and really wan't to continue, but BW makes it really hard for me to do so. And that means customer retention is not on it's A game.

Edited by VegasTheLost

And that response is all I need to understand that you don't care and have completely disregarded the feedback from your player base. You make a joke about something that has angered many that play this game solely for the story content and I for one take your attempted humor as an insult. What you all consider chapter content with the repeated waves of useless skytroopers explains a lot especially when the content per chapter is 20 to 30 minutes in length and 15 minutes of it is useless boring combat.

Thank you for foreshadowing the next expansion chapter content. Smart subscribers pretty much already made this assumption, but you have helped confirm it.

I thimk it was a good joke :D

it's a video game that people pay to access fully. as customers they have a right to be serious about how they spend their money, and they can stop spending their money on this game if they don't like the way the game is or is becoming.

Sure, but what if you really really like the game but its becoming something bad and you dont want to quit, but dont want it to become what it is becoming (sounds confusing I know), what do you do? The only thing you can do is whiine on the forums :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.