[Spoilers] So what storyline will be locked behind rewards next?

CorellianWannabe

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the fact is that players didn't have the facts, yet were expected to drop six months of subscription fees.

Actually, they did, so your feeling of entitlement has yet again fallen upon deaf ears.

You are complaining about something of such little consequence, I actually threw up a little in my mouth.

Edited by Amodin

Since the BONUS CHAPTER required a subscription from January 11-August 1, apparently many people did NOT subscribe, yet want that "story content".

Had those people actually SUBSCRIBED, they would have that BONUS CHAPTER.

Missed the Bonus, no regrets.

I guess i missed the part where they announced there would be a companion attached to the bonus, i would have subbed for the companion.

Lets see what information we knew beforehand...

1. Its a bonus chapter about HK-55

2. You play as HK-55

3. You MUST be a subscriber in the timeframe

They made all of that very clear, as with all other subscriber rewards (I dont have all of them, like party jawa and you dont see me complaining i cant get those achievements) if you were a sub you get the reward. If not, sucks to be you, the deadline passed, its like any college professor with a final paper, it MUST be done by this date, if not you get a 0. (Ya i had a funeral to go too when my final paper was due but i still sent that english paper in and got a 87% on it and i didn't complain).

However what Bioware failed to mention was they were basing the story around not just HK-55, which we all pretty much figured as BioWare had said the rewards would be themed around our "favourite" character "HK-55" (which he wasn't), but also another character was returning in some form.

I didn't remain subbed for the bonus chapter primarily because of the HK-55 themed rewards. Now if BioWare had mentioned that the bonus chapter would also be involving "The Shroud". Guess what, they would have retained my subscription during that period of time. So that's a failure on BioWare's end, not on individual gamers.

Again it comes down to poor communication on the part of BioWare, everyone can try to dress this up as whatever they like and for any reason they choose.

We already had this arguement about locking story content behind the Cartel Market and BioWare clearly got the message on that one. So this time they decided to lock story content behind a "bonus" chapter (withheld content) that requires 8 months of continuous subscription, while also neglecting to mention that a character from the Makeb story arc was also due to make an appearance.

So how is it acceptable that any player who has run the Makeb story arcs, and also the Seeker Droid / Macro Binocular missions, and The Shroud story arc, is now and forever more given the middle finger by not only the studio themselves, but also by players who can't see the troublesome precedent being set here by BioWare?

Or look at it a different way.

Next time, they'll withhold the last 2 chapters of KotET, and you have to have been a subscriber continously for the last 5 years to receive those chapters for the thrilling finale of the whole story arc.

I'm sure none of you saying "it's fine" will be saying that if BioWare decide that the community seems to like this type of shenanigans. I sure don't think that it's an acceptable practice, same as locking story content behind the Cartel Market.

Edited by Transcendent

You love to catastrophize... don't you? And in other news... the sky might fall any day or any time now.... it could happen! it could Happen! :p

I don't see this happening. It would be absurd to put story with links and bread crumbs to other story behind a reward wall (thus making it a pre-req for future story arcs). As for this reward, it's a bonus chapter, with no bread crumbs... so nobody is blocked from future content by it.

So...how about we worry about that when/if it happens. ;)

Because it is fodder for people to post threads lkke this, to try and get people hyped up and flaming each other. Which seems common for certain type of posters. This game, at the end of it all, is a subscription based game. There is nothi g wrong with them using promotional stories to drive longer subscription time.

I think the issue is, that they are trying to counter the log in for a month, and get the entire season for a month of sub. Which is, btw a good business strategy.

An hour in and 59 posts... I think that's a new record. MEATBAG Bickering ftw!

Fixed that for you :D

On topic I've no problem with the way the chapter was rewarded. I completely missed out on Nico because I'd stopped playing (and therefore subbing) for a long while but I'm not bitter about that at all.

Off topic: in the UK we say people are "bitter" when things don't go their way and they are sulky & pissed off about it. Is that the same as the American "salty"?

Personally I would be on board with Bioware releasing the Bonus chapter to the Cartel market with some "ifs".

Buyers of the chapter in the CM would not get to keep Z0-OM and they would not get the same sweet 10 purple grade 6 tech gift reward plus the 100 basic coms. Maybe also miss out on the cleaner decoration.

I really loved the bonus chapter and I think that it could create more good will and interest in future content. As long as I have my Z0-OM and "they" don't, I feel "special" enough. Especially since as far as I can tell her healing abbilities (didn't really check dps and tank yet) are quite different from the other companions and possibly superior. I didn't see at first glance the standard "no cooldown tick over channel heal" but instead found a ridiculously powerful burst heal "channel" (really short). I have yet to feed her gifts but she might be better than all the others. (please correct me if I am mistaken so I won't start leveling her for nothing)

Edited by Drake_Averrod

That those who started playing during the DvL hyped event (for example) will never get the wrap-up for the Shroud story because they didn't have the foresight to subscribe six months earlier.

This cracks me up. You kidding? I know people who have been playing since BETA that never finished the H4 because finding a group for those two things (one of them every single person MUST be on that step of the chain even) because of the way it is handled. If the whole shroud story was solo-able...you'd have more creedence, but the fact is very few people actually ever finished the story in the first place.

Off topic: in the UK we say people are "bitter" when things don't go their way and they are sulky & pissed off about it. Is that the same as the American "salty"?

We use "bitter" the same way here in the states. "Salty" generally means aggressively upset. Cantankerous would probably be the closest synonym, at least the way I've heard it used.

Respectfully disagree, a game that can't retain subscribers without a gimmick is definitely doing something wrong.

Players that want everything for "free" or as close to it as possible and "game the system" are not exactly "right", are they?

Players that KNOW they are NOT entitled to certain items, yet d=continue to demand them anyway are not exactly "right" are they?

It is time for players to assume some responsibility for their actions (or their inactions) and stop trying to blame everyone else for the consequences of THEIR choices.

Because it is fodder for people to post threads lkke this, to try and get people hyped up and flaming each other. Which seems common for certain type of posters. This game, at the end of it all, is a subscription based game. There is nothi g wrong with them using promotional stories to drive longer subscription time.

I think the issue is, that they are trying to counter the log in for a month, and get the entire season for a month of sub. Which is, btw a good business strategy.

There's an even simpler counter to that-one month's subscription grants exactly one chapter. Want the entire expansion? Better pony up the cash!

I wonder why EA doesn't do that instead...

This cracks me up. You kidding? I know people who have been playing since BETA that never finished the H4 because finding a group for those two things (one of them every single person MUST be on that step of the chain even) because of the way it is handled. If the whole shroud story was solo-able...you'd have more creedence, but the fact is very few people actually ever finished the story in the first place.

So it's a good idea to double down on poor decisions?

Personally I would be on board with Bioware releasing the Bonus chapter to the Cartel market with some "ifs".

Buyers of the chapter in the CM would not get to keep Z0-OM and they would not get the same sweet 10 purple grade 6 tech gift reward plus the 100 basic coms. Maybe also miss out on the cleaner decoration.

I really loved the bonus chapter and I think that it could create more good will and interest in future content. As long as I have my Z0-OM and "they" don't, I feel "special" enough. Especially since as far as I can tell her healing abbilities (didn't really check dps and tank yet) are quite different from the other companions and possibly superior. I didn't see at first glance the standard "no cooldown tick over channel heal" but instead found a ridiculously powerful burst heal "channel" (really short). I have yet to feed her gifts but she might be better than all the others. (please correct me if I am mistaken so I won't start leveling her for nothing)

Level her for nothing? You mean the shiny snowflake aspect isn't enough to grind influence, she must be better than all the companions as well?

I was bored with the game and chose to unsub for a few months. One chapter, knowing it couldn't be too significant, just wasn't worth multiple months of sub to a game I wasn't going to be playing.

That being said, I also think its a bad move to put story as a sub reward, especially if thier target audience is story players.

Salty is just a gaming term to come into the play from I think league of legends, and isn't from any country. Sort of like T-bagging which came from Halo.

I get the feeling they never intended to keep the story chapter exclusive forever, but after seeing all of the vitriol surrounding it, they might keep it that way to avoid pissing off the people who subbed at the right time and instead just swear up and down not to do this again with story content.

I get the feeling they never intended to keep the story chapter exclusive forever, but after seeing all of the vitriol surrounding it, they might keep it that way to avoid pissing off the people who subbed at the right time and instead just swear up and down not to do this again with story content.

No matter what they do the sh*tstorm has come. It's a lose/lose situation and there is no easy solution.

Level her for nothing? You mean the shiny snowflake aspect isn't enough to grind influence, she must be better than all the companions as well?

Maybe I phrased it badly. English is not my first language. I intend to level all companions on my all beloved main to 50 at some point. I have leveled a few so far but am still far from achieving this long term goal. If Z0-OM was numerically (or rotationally, if they are indeed different) better than the others I would of course invest all my basic comms into leveling her asap instead of raising others which might be already higher than her (afaik she "loves" republic memorabilia so Hemdil Tre would no longer be getting them).

Edited by Drake_Averrod

Eh. Allow people to buy the chapter, they just don't get the rewards from it (coms, companion gifts, and Z0-0M).

As for Z0-0m's abilities. They are different but it ammounts to the same numbers just handled differently. The burst heal for example that replaces the steady heal from other companions heals the same ammount. It is visually noticable sure, and yes the bigger numbers will be noticed by people. It has a noticable downside though, it is possible that you die because rather than small heals coming in keeping you afloat it is a burst. So if you are off challenging yourself (soloing a star fortress, without buffs, in under 208 gear as an example) you will notice the difference and miss the steady heals.