Dark Vs. Light Packs in the Cartel Market

EricMusco

I got parts of the Ceremonial Mystic set and of the Tulak Hord set through the Dark vs Light event so far, neither of which have been recognized in my collection... i hoped it would be fixed during the maintenance, but I just checked and they remain just bound to the character and continue to be unrecognized in the collection...

Because you can't simply unlock in collections single parts. :rolleyes:

For armor sets in general, you need to equip at least once the entire armor on the same character. So there is nothing to fix because you're doing something wrong, not the game.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS is the solution to the big issue of the packs being BoP? Just toss more packs up on the cartel market that are BoE and make people pay for them? Man, just when I think Bioware can't sink any lower, they find a new and original way to exceed my expectations.

This... so much... I just hope our alliance matters in chapter 16 and that they release some great new content between the gap of seasons.

I got parts of the Ceremonial Mystic set and of the Tulak Hord set through the Dark vs Light event so far, neither of which have been recognized in my collection... i hoped it would be fixed during the maintenance, but I just checked and they remain just bound to the character and continue to be unrecognized in the collection...

Only weapons, mounts and crystals will do the immediate unlock when you equip or use them. Armor does not unlock in individual sections. It only registers if you equip the full set on one character.

Because you can't simply unlock in collections single parts. :rolleyes:

For armor sets in general, you need to equip at least once the entire armor on the same character. So there is nothing to fix because you're doing something wrong, not the game.

Oh, i know that, I've unlocked quite a few sets, but both Tulak Hord and Ceremonial Mystic still say 0/7 in my collection. Since both sets are quite expensive I don't really want to buy the missing parts to get the whole set, if the parts I have are invalid...

Thanks for the input, though.

Only weapons, mounts and crystals will do the immediate unlock when you equip or use them. Armor does not unlock in individual sections. It only registers if you equip the full set on one character.

That includes the 0/7 that's still showing up in my collection? It would be really annoying to buy these expensive missing parts to then just have the parts I got from the event not work when i equip everything...

Edited by Sluedis

If you're so eager to waste your money, please be our guest. It's people like you that helps keeping the game alive, afterall.:rolleyes:

But first of all, every year or so there is a general sale on all the old packs that lasts only for few days.

Second, said armor sets were included in:

- their original packs

- the "Legends of the Old Republic" or something light that, which was a special pack that included only those sets sold for a limited time

- the original event version of these LvD packs

- the cm version of the LvD packs.

You must've started playing tomorrow if you really missed out all the previous chances to get them.

I started in May of this year and I've yet to see a single one of the things you mentioned in your post. I can assure you i hit up the market every single Tuesday to see what's changed and what's added. I don't see how this has any impact on anyone other than perhaps the GTN syndicate. Don't like the packs, don't buy them. It's pretty simple. I can't see why anyone would be upset or worse, argue to take that option away from me if I'm willing to pay for them.

I've also been happily doing the DvL event and plan to try to do every single tier if I can so it's not like I haven't put in the in game "work" to earn them.

THIS is the solution to the big issue of the packs being BoP? Just toss more packs up on the cartel market that are BoE and make people pay for them? Man, just when I think Bioware can't sink any lower, they find a new and original way to exceed my expectations. And I better stop here, before I say something that will get me perma-banned.

You could also just turn to the GTN and buy the remaining few pieces you need for credits you saved up while playing the DvL event. But, you know, that wouldn't make for such a good forum post. If someone else wants to spend some money on those packs, fine by me. The payout of those rare items is (for the price of 250 CC) actually very good.

I'll admit that the 6,300 CC hypercrate is a bad idea though. Essentially, I can't spent 35.00€ on a hypercrate. I have to buy 35.00€ worth of Cartel coins, and then another 8.00€ seperately - or I choose the much more expensive pack I don't want with double the CC. The previous pack price was very good for convenience reasons.

Edited by Alssaran

Oh, i know that, I've unlocked quite a few sets, but both Tulak Hord and Ceremonial Mystic still say 0/7 in my collection. Since both sets are quite expensive I don't really want to buy the missing parts to get the whole set, if the parts I have are invalid...

Thanks for the input, though.

That includes the 0/7 that's still showing up in my collection? It would be really annoying to buy these expensive missing parts to then just have the parts I got from the event not work when i equip everything...

I'd bug report that then if you haven't already. This deal is getting worse all the time!

Why are these packs 6300cc rather than 5400 as previously? There is absolutely NOTHING NEW in them. How do you justify such prices?

Well, since there is no new content to keep people subbed after the last chapter they need the money to pay their bills until next season.

So the solution to incompetently delivered rewards from DvL Packs is to put those packs in the store and ask us to pay to cover your incompetence?

Really?

If this is the best you can do I suggest it is high time for a whole swathe of sackings, and EA need to get people who know what they are doing in instead.

All The Best

If this is the best you can do I suggest it is high time for a whole swathe of sackings, and EA need to get people who know what they are doing in instead.

Oh, they know perfectly well what they are doing - they are milking the whales dry :D

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that later on today we will be introducing the Cartel Market version of the Dark Vs. Light packs, on sale for 250 Cartel Coins. These packs are very similar to the Dark Vs. Light event rewards, except for a few differences. Here is a comparison of each pack:

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Pickup
  • All items unlock in collections
  • Each pack contains one pack item and one misc. item
  • No chance cubes

Dark Vs. Light CM Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Equip (following normal lockout timer)
  • Each pack contains one pack item, one grand chance cube, one companion gift, and Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I wanna say I'm enjoying the Deco drop rate from this new pack. I bought it to grab some armor sets that I don't have, and got some awesome decos that are currently 20+ mil a piece on the GTN.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

You could also just turn to the GTN and buy the remaining few pieces you need for credits you saved up while playing the DvL event. But, you know, that wouldn't make for such a good forum post. If someone else wants to spend some money on those packs, fine by me. The payout of those rare items is (for the price of 250 CC) actually very good.

Nice facile argument you made there. For starters, somebody at some point paid real money for the item, so no matter what this leads to money in Bioware's pockets. Second, the issue with the packs and their contents being BoP was a MAJOR ISSUE to event supporters and detractors alike, and this "solution" is nothing more than another cash grab by Bioware when they had plenty of other decent options to choose from, not the least of which is simply making the packs BoL and their contents BoP.

But no, go ahead and keep defending bad business practices. Why bother trying to make arguments to improve things, when you can just let them keep a vacuum cleaner attached to your wallet?

Edited by Gearmasterblitz

I wanna say I'm enjoying the Deco drop rate from this new pack. I bought it to grab some armor sets that I don't have, and got some awesome decos that are currently 20+ mil a piece on the GTN.

I have got nothing worthwhile so far.

ALL of it has been vendor trash.

All The Best

IMO this is very good, say you get two parts of a set like lower armor and supplementary armor from the event but you're missing the upper armor, now you can likely get it off the GTN for cheaper then some of the current prices.

Some of these sets haven't been in packs for over a year and are quite expensive, this may help with that now with new stock on the market.

I think this is a great move. It allows more chances to complete these older sets. Further, some of these sets are listed on the GTN for insane prices, so here's hoping this new pack helps drop those prices to be more reasonable.

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that later on today we will be introducing the Cartel Market version of the Dark Vs. Light packs, on sale for 250 Cartel Coins. These packs are very similar to the Dark Vs. Light event rewards, except for a few differences. Here is a comparison of each pack:

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Pickup
  • Each pack contains one pack item and one misc. item
  • No chance cubes

Dark Vs. Light CM Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Equip (following normal lockout timer)
  • Each pack contains one pack item, one grand chance cube, one companion gift, and Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone!

-eric

What was the point of making the rewards packs BoP then ??

It's not like you would have lost money or it would have flooded the GTN since their quantity is limited...

And first you could have fixed the unlock. All items don't unlock in collections...

For starters, somebody at some point paid real money for the item, so no matter what this leads to money in Bioware's pockets.

Indeed, but that wasn't the point I was making, was it? You are just using that age old argument to deflect a simple fact: If you feel that this pack is just a money grab and not worthy of your attention, then you can turn to the GTN and buy the items there. Or you don't participate and buy anything at all. If someone else (like myself) thinks the payout of rare armour sets and decorations in very good for 250 CC, then that's completely fine. I received two Temple Guardian upper armour sets from that pack. If you wait for a few months until supply is depleted, those boxes will be 7m each. That's 500 CC for 14m credits. If you feel as if this is against your subjective idea of a good business, then don't support it with your time and money. That will send a clearer message than the usual passive-aggressive forum posts.

Second, the issue with the packs and their contents being BoP was a MAJOR ISSUE to event supporters and detractors alike, and this "solution" is nothing more than another cash grab by Bioware when they had plenty of other decent options to choose from, not the least of which is simply making the packs BoL and their contents BoP.

And you know that this is the only solution to the issue that we can expect in the coming weeks? Neither is this event anywhere close to over, nor did they announce that those packs are supposed to be the solution to the issue with BoP content that doesn't unlock in collections. Even as a major opponent of the event: How about you wait until it is more likely that there won't be a seperate solution - like nearly through the event?

But no, go ahead and keep defending bad business practices. Why bother trying to make arguments to improve things, when you can just let them keep a vacuum cleaner attached to your wallet?

If you would have any idea about my post history and reddit history, you would see that I am actually a major opponent of "KotOR discussion", calling them out as a simple money saving solution in detriment to the story philosophy, that the GCC were badly implemented, that I hadn't bought any kind of packs in six months, and that I have been vocal about how little actual content the game receives compared to CM stuff.

But go ahead - try to make your case with false ad hominem accusations. It's fun to read.

Edited by Alssaran