Guss Tuno is at it again...

BenIrving

Query: What did that amphibious meatbag do this time? Fail to spawn? Fail to trigger a cutscene? Did he try to cheat Niko or Gault?

Considering the state SoR was released in, it must've been something way worse than that..;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be kidding me... My smuggler wants his companions back, hope I don't have to wait until the second season... :mad:

And while yes, Guss is a frickin riot, it's no big deal that this is delayed.

Ben'll get ripped for it though mostly because of the low perception the community has for BW.

Not true. Guss Tuno is my favorite companion of them all, I've been looking forward to his reappearance ever since there were rumors about it.

Not only that, but smugglers have gotten the least companions back out of all classes; we only got Bowdaar (three months later than announced, I might add), and I never liked the wookiee too much anyway.

Edited by Jerba

It seems you need to release a lot of Alliance Recruitment in the last chapter. Tuno, Zenith, Rusk/Skadge... To bad, that I do not need to build an alliance, after everything is done. ;) Edited by Methylium

Guss Tuno carried out an overly-elaborate con job to convince the galaxy that his recruitment mission would go live with Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception (4.6). But as with most of Guss’s con jobs, this caper has failed spectacularly. Guss Tuno’s recruitment mission has thus been delayed and will be made available in a future update.

do u guys hate smugglers as bowdaar was late too

More feedback would be an excellent idea. Provide us with a rough bi-yearly roadmap along with monthly updates stating if targets are going to be met on time. The roadmap could provide monthly or quarterly (for more intricate content) target dates (and let us know if those dates are hard or soft). The more you people communicate with us, the less grouchy we will be.

The Roadmap could include PvE and PvP information re: new chapters, new flashpoints, new operations, new warzones, new recruitment missions (since I think its fairly certain we aren't going to get all of them by the end of Season One. Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with this at all.), new events, etc. Also, please don't just mention that X will be happening--please provide us with some level of detail, with that level increasing as we get closer to the launch date. This way the community could provide feedback to make events more successful for all concerned.

Also, the PTS should be used more often to try-out new concepts to generate feedback--even if it would only be on some sort of limited-access basis.

Guss Tuno carried out an overly-elaborate con job to convince the galaxy that his recruitment mission would go live with Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception (4.6). But as with most of Guss’s con jobs, this caper has failed spectacularly. Guss Tuno’s recruitment mission has thus been delayed and will be made available in a future update.

Thanks for letting us know, Ben.

Now that you've made your cutesy-funny announcement, would you care to tell us what the actual issue is...?

...or do we, your paying customers, not get to know that?

Edited by DZechman

Not true. Guss Tuno is my favorite companion of them all, I've been looking forward to his reappearance ever since there were rumors about it.

Not only that, but smugglers have gotten the least companions back out of all classes; we only got Bowdaar (three months later than announced, I might add), and I never liked the wookiee too much anyway.

Fair point(s). I wasn't looking at it from a Smuggler-main point of view. And, Smuggler was one of the last classes I touched, after a couple years of playing exclusively Imp, so I never really got attached to him - even though I loved listening to him while playing.

I meant it less from a "who he is" standpoint and more from a "we've already got way too many" standpoint - but that is probably short sighted. :o

Hopefully the content is better with this next story arc. We all have been disappointed with Arcaan and Zakuul as a story. It is some of the worst star wars story telling. The character side stuff is better than the main plot. Its rather sad that you've somehow managed to ruin a Star Wars story.

But as with most of Bioware's plans, it has failed spectacularly.

On the one hand, yay, you at least tried to give it some story tie-ins... but on the other hand, you messed up, and this feels like you're trying to downplay yet another failure.

More feedback would be an excellent idea. Provide us with a rough bi-yearly roadmap along with monthly updates stating if targets are going to be met on time. The roadmap could provide monthly or quarterly (for more intricate content) target dates (and let us know if those dates are hard or soft). The more you people communicate with us, the less grouchy we will be.

The Roadmap could include PvE and PvP information re: new chapters, new flashpoints, new operations, new warzones, new recruitment missions (since I think its fairly certain we aren't going to get all of them by the end of Season One. Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with this at all.), new events, etc. Also, please don't just mention that X will be happening--please provide us with some level of detail, with that level increasing as we get closer to the launch date. This way the community could provide feedback to make events more successful for all concerned.

Also, the PTS should be used more often to try-out new concepts to generate feedback--even if it would only be on some sort of limited-access basis.

THIS!

But don't get your hopes up. They did release a roadmap once, or rather their own definition of one. To anyone who had seen what a real roadmap looks like in any other MMO, it was a bad joke.

I would like to thank Ben for his clever and creative way of giving us the bad news of not getting Guss back in tomorrow's chapter. I got a good laugh out of it.

This delay is completely understandable given all the hard work the Bioware team has put into the Light vs Dark event.

The sheer amount of new content that this brand new event will bring us is utterly astounding. I can't even begin to imagine all the late nights and weekends away from family and friends creating all the new content in the Light vs. Dark event cost the development team. Your endless devotion to your long time subscribers is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

shows that they prefere quantity more then quality at moment.

instead of making small amount of rly nice new content they produce cheap old "new content" at moment and only result is more and more bugs and unhappy old players.

thats why i did quit my subscribtion after 3 years permanent sub and 18 characters

and i wont resub as long as this madness goes on.

Edited by tonitirola

How about giving us a different companion then? And why do we always learn this stuff at the last moment? To prevent *****torms again?

No.

As I stated on the last page, I don't like this as I feel like it tries to downplay their failure. HOWEVER, it does make sense that we wouldn't necessarily know until the last moment. Issues will almost always arise when introducing new code into the game (or anything, in any context). The question is simply whether those issues can be fixed in time for the scheduled release of the update. If they can, then it's released as normal. If they can't, information of that failure to rectify the issues may not come out until the update does, because the team may not have been sure whether it'd be done in time or not.

If it's vitally important, the update is delayed until the issue is fixed. If it is not vitally important, that specific piece of the update is postponed while the rest of the update is released on time.

While I don't agree with their handling of disclosing this information, this part of the situation certainly does make sense.

Edited by idnewton

Thanks for letting us know, Ben.

Now that you've made your cutesy-funny announcement, would you care to tell us what the actual issue is...?

...or do we, your paying customers, not get to know that?

Does it matter? Not ready is not ready. Giving you the specifics is not going to get it fixed any quicker.

I do appreciate the update and the humor of it. But.. with everything else, it's just another face palm.

They gave us a roadmap...they've been very honest this whole time about what little they're delivering...it's just people always believe there's "more" than what they do.

They told us that this entire year was about story...nothing else...just story. And they've stuck to it.

Might want to check out the threads regarding the summer "event" while you're here.

They gave us a roadmap...they've been very honest this whole time about what little they're delivering...it's just people always believe there's "more" than what they do.

They told us that this entire year was about story...nothing else...just story. And they've stuck to it.

And then they drop a summer "event" that's both devoid of story and devoid of new stuff.

Edited by Max_Killjoy