Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Great Job Alienating Your Player Base!

Once again, you have succeeded in alienating your player base. I work full-time! I don't have the time to sink into fulfilling all these achievements! Furthermore, I'm a newer player. I want to take my time enjoying the story. It's not as bad as denying content (Nico Okarr, HK-55 bonus chapter, etc.) but this event still favors veterans, particularly those who have played through multiple times per class and forces newer players to rush through the story in order to earn the higher rewards.

This is unacceptable. Remember who your player base is. From my experience talking to people, most of us are full-time working adults. We don't have this kind of time to dedicate when we have jobs, housework, families to take care of, and lives to live. >_<#

Let's have some more realistic goals or make these goals permanent, so they have no time limit. Yeah, that's a better idea, make these permanent. Then it will be fine.

Edited by Tofu_Shark
More Detail

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZeroPlus, as much as I would like to have retro activated achievements for Legendary level, MeNaCe-NZ is right. After you get the achievement why bother doing it again? Unless its for a guildy of course. I know that once I get them I'm not doing them again (*leers at the CZ Meltdown HM counter at 210+*). And I'm guessing most others would be this way also. If/when they add retro activate, I would just like it to be the crafting and leveling 8 classes to 50. As all the other requirements for Legendary are fine, and kinda along the same lines of what I do know in SWTOR anyways.

I would prefer the crafting to be over with (not wanting to do that ever again) and the Alliance alerts for KOTFE (doing it 5 times......) The rest not a problem and being able to use my other toons for the flashpoints, op and stuff like that not the two new ones. I be lost without my smuggler medic or my sorcerer dps. Besides their gear already ready including the augments I have over 12-16 outfits on the outfit designer and even though I have them in my collection unlocking them will be expensive not to mention stamping the outfits.

Edited by casirabit

ROFL :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek: So its YOU who made me poor! rofl Hey I cant play the GTN, tried and lost big time, but hey if you can, grats to ya. (Just wish prices for shinys came down somewhat because I'm poor and then I have a GTN problem of having to buy shinys lol, let alone decos :( Man I wish decos were more all over the place. So many good ones I want multiples of but sadly don't have 5 mil each, meaning I would have to pay 50 mil for 10. But, oh well the people selling arnt going to sell less because they cant get more because of the drop rates being so beyond stupid low. We shall see.) Btw, you have a main server? or you jump back and forth? I'm JC

Harb only really.

If you can't play it then just invest in packs. I started out making credits from crafting then buying packs and saving items for months on end until they grew drastically in value.

With the chance cubes about to become much more rare the packs now are worth holding onto. They are quite expensive though so you would be banking on nothing happening to completely crash the economy.

Seeing how that's pretty much something you do all around to others, that is saying more about you than it ever will about me. Throw at me what you will, you're not going to get under my skin with your poor attitude skills Mr MeNaCe.

I challenge other readers to go trough your posts and find how generally constructive your replies are towards other posters. Because to me, it seems there's alot of condescendance and arrogance from your side.

I can imagine that for that reason alone many a poster have already put you on their ignore lists and as your posts otherwise seem to offer little of merrit I've done the same. Just saying that, as to remind others of this wonderful option as well.

Good day to you Sir.

Back on topic... :)

Oh trust me, he is arrogant lol But he has brought up some good points, even though his explanation of said points is....yeah some people are rude and not respectful, which....even with me calling for people to be more respectful.....get on my bad side? Your going to get it a mouth and earful. Imo, if people start being disrespectful, they lose what ever point they were trying to make, even its a valid one. Mind you because I rub shoulders with elitist jerks or people that have attitudes almost all the time I'm online playing games (Here, CoD, Battlefront or GW2) I can roll with the punches a bit more, which just because others cant or don't want to, doesn't mean I'm better then you or less then me. Just different personalities :D

Seeing how that's pretty much something you do all around to others, that is saying more about you than it ever will about me. Throw at me what you will, you're not going to get under my skin with your poor attitude skills Mr MeNaCe.

I challenge other readers to go trough your posts and find how generally constructive your replies are towards other posters. Because to me, it seems there's alot of condescendance and arrogance from your side.

I can imagine that for that reason alone many a poster have already put you on their ignore lists and as your posts otherwise seem to offer little of merrit I've done the same. Just saying that, as to remind others of this wonderful option as well.

Good day to you Sir.

Back on topic... :)

Sure I might be condescending and I might be arrogant but at least I put up reasoning behind why I think people are whinging or why they use hyperbole etc. etc.

Lackluster posts like yours on the other hand ... serve no purpose other than to waste anyone's time who reads them.

Harb only really.

If you can't play it then just invest in packs. I started out making credits from crafting then buying packs and saving items for months on end until they grew drastically in value.

With the chance cubes about to become much more rare the packs now are worth holding onto. They are quite expensive though so you would be banking on nothing happening to completely crash the economy.

I have some on Harb because my mom wanted to, but the people I met there left the "Sinking ship like rats" said the guild message, so kinda left it and went back to JC. Really? Cubes are going to become rarer? Is it because they are removing them? Yeah, I have all the crafting to 550, but only because of achievements and stims lol

Look Star Trek online did the something called "delta recruit" it turned out to be kinda cool , you guys need to give this a chance. (Just sayin)

Oh I am, but still doesn't dissipate my detestment with the flawed designed structure.

But gear has the ability to be in legendary sets. So if you are talking about people who would exclude form gear, being on a new toon won't change that. I make my new LS/DS sniper to 65, he gets my current snipers 224 gear and bam- he's right there. And those that want to limit based on gear can and prob will still do so. And I wouldn't consider letting an existing 65 play in it as punishing someone without one. It's not like the 65 person didn't have to level up just the same. To participate in every event has required some sort of level restriction anyways. [/quoted]

Fair point - people can indeed send their better gear via legacy gear to the new toons and many who bother to do so will probably do so but I guess it still minimizes the elitism as much as possible.

Perhaps Bioware didn't think that point through or perhaps they figured it's the closest they can get to a "fair" solution ( short of stopping people transferring mods etc. through legacy gear and omg imagine the rage over that ).

I'm just trying to see why Bioware might have gone down the path of not allowing people to use their existing 65's to do the content ... I can't think of another reason other than software limitations around tracking but if it's over legacy ( did this legacy at any stage do this op ) you would think it wouldn't be too hard.

I personally don't have a problem if they let people do the tasks on existing characters ( so you would still have to make a new 8 toons for legenmdary, still have to get 2 to 65 etc. etc. ) for things like operations and what not ... just trying to think of why they may have not allowed people to do so.

What I am against though is retroactive achievements, I feel as it's labeled an event people need to complete the tasks during the time frame.

I guess, I'm also jsut peeved about calling this an event. Chevin race was an event. The NS slot machines were an event (limited, but still an event)

I guess I thought LS/DS event was going to be some limited new content - small story or a new fp to be repeated during the event time. A timed event to go back and do things I've already done before seems a letdown. And I think that is kinda why this has turned into a rage fest. If this was some new content to grind for a few months- even if limited, it would be something new. to do. Now it seems like between seasons 1 and 2 there is no new content to enjoy. That's what has me shocked. A repeat of an event like the Chevin race with a rep grind associated to it would have been a nice touch and some new content to grind on. And I wouldn't think it would have been so much development to do something like that. Just seems like a missed opportunity - esp with a new expansion coming to a competitive MMO during the same time.

I guess I'm not as annoyed as it's more than I thought it was going to be. I honestly thought it would be "track LS/DS choices, this side wins, here is your new companion subs" so was quite surprised at how more elaborate it is.

The trick with anything and Bioware is don't expect new content unless they expressly say there would be new content ... this does of course concern me that there won't be ANY new content at all between end of KoTFE and the next chapter story but if that's the case I personally will reconsider my sub as it's cheaper to just pay up at the end of the chapters.

That being said reconsider is the key word, I feel I'm still getting my monies worth as should everyone in this thread otherwise wth are you paying this company money? This event didn't take anything away from anyone after all.

Look Star Trek online did the something called "delta recruit" it turned out to be kinda cool , you guys need to give this a chance. (Just sayin)

And did they give you only 3-4 months to get all done? Some of the levels are simple but not the legendary status. It has taken me 4 years to get the achievements for all the stuff I have now and they want me to do it again in 3-4 months?

Sorry, I have a life outside the game and don't spend that much time playing. It would be fine if we had more time or if this was a consistent event.

I know it could be a problem for the companion but they could work out a deadline for the companion considering she is not even an legendary award and give the legendary more time.

Aesop For Children

Goatherd Goats

One cold stormy day a Goatherd drove his Goats for shelter into a cave, where a number of Wild Goats had also found their way. The Shepherd wanted to make the Wild Goats part of his flock; so he fed them well. But to his own flock, he gave only just enough food to keep them alive. When the weather cleared, and the Shepherd led the Goats out to feed, the Wild Goats scampered off to the hills.

“Is that the thanks I get for feeding you and treating you so well?” complained the Shepherd.

“Do not expect us to join your flock,” replied one of the Wild Goats. “We know how you would treat us later on, if some strangers should come as we did.”

Milo Winter (1919)

I've been playing/subbing for 2 years and am still getting through the class stories. Sure, I can reroll my 2 level 20's; but it is clear to me that I'll not get very far in this event. I guess it is targetted toward new players with endless time on their hands. Admittedly, we haven't been given an end date yet though; perhaps if they give us a year, and don't expect me to run KotFE anymore, then I might, maybe, get through it. I guess it is a matter of everyone managing their expectations. Not all of us can be legendary, especially if we have to start fresh. I'll reroll a couple of my lowbies and do what I can, and enjoy the rewards I get.

I would prefer the crafting to be over with (not wanting to do that ever again) and the Alliance alerts for KOTFE (doing it 5 times......) The rest not a problem and being able to use my other toons for the flashpoints, op and stuff like that not the two new ones. I be lost without my smuggler medic or my sorcerer dps. Besides their gear already ready including the augments I have over 12-16 outfits on the outfit designer and even though I have them in my collection unlocking them will be expensive not to mention stamping the outfits.

Just another reason why I'm a idiot and don't trust the Outfit designed despite knowing all about legacy gear. :p The Alliance alerts are kinda fun because of the small differences based on your base class. (That's the only real replayability I have found with KotFE, or anything past Oricon, as Makeb actually had about 10 different lines for each companion, and its fun going back and seeing them all, Rishi and Yavin IV only had lines for the romance companions.) And also that's just 5 alliance alerts, I would be ok with a lot more just so I don't have to level 6 characters lol. But I agree with you on the crafting, don't want to go through that again lol.

Huh?

A monotonous activity that compensates you for performing tedious and time consuming tasks, many of which you would prefer not to do, sure sounds more like a job than a game. But that's just me. Enjoy!!

If I would prefer not to do them I just wouldn't do them ...

Just because it's montonous and time consuming doesn't mean you don't have to enjoy it. I personally know i won't enjoy going for legendary thus I won't do it. Aspects of it I've done before and would indeed enjoy grinding through again but aspects of it I won't and thus it's not worth doing any of it unless I'm going to do all of it and enjoy it.

The difference you seem to forget here is you pay them to play this game ( or do this job if that's how you really view it :rolleyes: ) where as in a job you get paid. I personally won't pay them to do an activity I'm not enjoying doing it, but that's just me. Enjoy!! ;)

I have some on Harb because my mom wanted to, but the people I met there left the "Sinking ship like rats" said the guild message, so kinda left it and went back to JC. Really? Cubes are going to become rarer? Is it because they are removing them? Yeah, I have all the crafting to 550, but only because of achievements and stims lol

Harb is arguably the biggest server, certainly if you play in apac timezone.

Yes as of the next pack release they stated they are bringing back bronze items to the packs as well as cubes.

So if they bring in 5 bronze items you now get a 1 in 6 shot of a cube when you get a bronze roll as opposed to a 100% chance before.

This is going to inflate the prices of both cubes and the embargoed items contained there in over time. I've 1000's of these items so I'm looking forward to getting richer.

I hated the cubes when they added them for the fact it instantly devalued all my "stock" of CM items. However from a neutral perspective and as someone who opens a lot of packs I liked them as they gave far better variety to packs in place of the usual bronze crap.

Just another reason why I'm a idiot and don't trust the Outfit designed despite knowing all about legacy gear. :p The Alliance alerts are kinda fun because of the small differences based on your base class. (That's the only real replayability I have found with KotFE, or anything past Oricon, as Makeb actually had about 10 different lines for each companion, and its fun going back and seeing them all, Rishi and Yavin IV only had lines for the romance companions.) And also that's just 5 alliance alerts, I would be ok with a lot more just so I don't have to level 6 characters lol. But I agree with you on the crafting, don't want to go through that again lol.

How far are you in the alliance alerts and have you started the star fortress alerts? There are quite more than 5 (I have over 20-25 companions lol)

But gear has the ability to be in legendary sets. So if you are talking about people who would exclude form gear, being on a new toon won't change that. I make my new LS/DS sniper to 65, he gets my current snipers 224 gear and bam- he's right there. And those that want to limit based on gear can and prob will still do so. And I wouldn't consider letting an existing 65 play in it as punishing someone without one. It's not like the 65 person didn't have to level up just the same. To participate in every event has required some sort of level restriction anyways. [/quoted]

Fair point - people can indeed send their better gear via legacy gear to the new toons and many who bother to do so will probably do so but I guess it still minimizes the elitism as much as possible.

Perhaps Bioware didn't think that point through or perhaps they figured it's the closest they can get to a "fair" solution ( short of stopping people transferring mods etc. through legacy gear and omg imagine the rage over that ).

I'm just trying to see why Bioware might have gone down the path of not allowing people to use their existing 65's to do the content ... I can't think of another reason other than software limitations around tracking but if it's over legacy ( did this legacy at any stage do this op ) you would think it wouldn't be too hard.

I personally don't have a problem if they let people do the tasks on existing characters ( so you would still have to make a new 8 toons for legenmdary, still have to get 2 to 65 etc. etc. ) for things like operations and what not ... just trying to think of why they may have not allowed people to do so.

What I am against though is retroactive achievements, I feel as it's labeled an event people need to complete the tasks during the time frame.

I guess I'm not as annoyed as it's more than I thought it was going to be. I honestly thought it would be "track LS/DS choices, this side wins, here is your new companion subs" so was quite surprised at how more elaborate it is.

The trick with anything and Bioware is don't expect new content unless they expressly say there would be new content ... this does of course concern me that there won't be ANY new content at all between end of KoTFE and the next chapter story but if that's the case I personally will reconsider my sub as it's cheaper to just pay up at the end of the chapters.

That being said reconsider is the key word, I feel I'm still getting my monies worth as should everyone in this thread otherwise wth are you paying this company money? This event didn't take anything away from anyone after all.

Yeah, I'm thinking the reasoning was being of coding issues, and if they tried to let existing characters compete during the event, it would end up screwing over achievements people have already, and we know how that has gone over when achievements get reset or flat out removed. So maybe they are taking a safer route to make sure it doesn't screw anyone up. Which.....if that's the reasoning, thank you for thinking of us. Yeah it stinks you cant, and I would still like to know why but...thanks. But...if its the other reasoning and just to make sure us who have been playing for years don't get a jumpstart (even though we kinda do anyways) over the newbys.....Oh man would I be very very VERY mad and angry.:mad:

Also, yeah when I first heard of this event, I really thought it was just going to be a counter to count up all the lightside and darkside choices throughout the game and then BOOM someone wins at the end. When they added rewards it was like "Wow, they actually did a bit more then I thought." Then I read the wall of text that is the blog post and when nerraging all over lol:D Read some more and I have calmed down some, but still upset at the flawed design.

And yeah I never expect ANY new content, unless they make some big spectacle about it with video previews and such. And yeah the event is not taking anything away from you. *Looks over at update 4.0 and removing all the companion achievements.*:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Lakemine

Harb is arguably the biggest server, certainly if you play in apac timezone.

Yes as of the next pack release they stated they are bringing back bronze items to the packs as well as cubes.

So if they bring in 5 bronze items you now get a 1 in 6 shot of a cube when you get a bronze roll as opposed to a 100% chance before.

This is going to inflate the prices of both cubes and the embargoed items contained there in over time. I've 1000's of these items so I'm looking forward to getting richer.

I hated the cubes when they added them for the fact it instantly devalued all my "stock" of CM items. However from a neutral perspective and as someone who opens a lot of packs I liked them as they gave far better variety to packs in place of the usual bronze crap.

Huh. Interesting. I mean when I first heard about them removing the bronze stuff and adding cubes I hated it, but then I did some research and they arnt too bad. Got the Hobby and Monkey Lizard achievements for about 4-5 mil creds instead of say 10-20 mil. And yeah I know Harb is the biggest, but JC is where I started (For reasons that have become lost to my short term memory loss ADHD 12 year old mind :D) and have all my creds, and special items and achievements at.

Oh trust me, he is arrogant lol But he has brought up some good points, even though his explanation of said points is....yeah some people are rude and not respectful, which....even with me calling for people to be more respectful.....get on my bad side? Your going to get it a mouth and earful. Imo, if people start being disrespectful, they lose what ever point they were trying to make, even its a valid one. Mind you because I rub shoulders with elitist jerks or people that have attitudes almost all the time I'm online playing games (Here, CoD, Battlefront or GW2) I can roll with the punches a bit more, which just because others cant or don't want to, doesn't mean I'm better then you or less then me. Just different personalities :D

I'm sure many people appreciate your posts here. I know I do. ;)

As for the posts of Mr Menace, I did what I had to do there and I'd recommend anyone who has similar issues with someone to do the same. In the long run I believe it can help keep the forums a more pleasant place.

A lot of posts in these recent days will be made by people having a short fit because of how this event feels to them.

That also makes that you sometimes need to read between the lines of some statements. A lot of things are being typed in anger and frustration as this Event feels like another milestone in the wrong direction to alot of people.

The straw that broke the camels back. Some people probably already reached that point.

Some have now. And some are close to that point...

I actually met my girlfriend on this game 4 years ago. We're both passionate about gaming and Star Wars.

Yet neither of us feel good about handing this company any more of our money anymore. The only thing that's still holding me a bit tied to SWToR now are all the wonderful people, my guild especially (Go Twelve Parsecs! ;D), that I've come to know in the game.

But compared to what I'm giving, the gaming part of it is starting to feel empty, the server I'm on too.

Progenitor used to be one of the most wonderful servers in it's highdays.

This is Progenitor now.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-progenitor/trends/60d

Even when counting in summer vacations and recent server transfer sales this looks quite bleak.

I can't wait to see how it will look after this debacle blows over. Maybe it's time to let go?

Just because it's monotonous and time consuming doesn't mean you don't have to enjoy it.

Really? Here are some synonyms for the word "monotonous":

tedious, boring, dull, uninteresting, unexciting, wearisome, tiresome, uninvolving, repetitive, repetitious, unvarying, unchanging, unvaried, humdrum, ho-hum, routine, mechanical, mind-numbing, soul-destroying; colorless, featureless, dreary; dullsville

I don't see the word "enjoyable" in that list.

My only point is that this particular "event" is structured more like a job than a game. We will give you stuff if you run low level content you don't really want to do to help our metrics. I have no intention of participating and just wondering out loud why anyone would really find this fun. Or why you would defend it is as fun since even you admit it is monotonous.

My only point is that this particular "event" is structured more like a job than a game. We will give you stuff if you run low level content you don't really want to do to help our metrics. I have no intention of participating and just wondering out loud why anyone would really find this fun. Or why you would defend it is as fun since even you admit it is monotonous.

This.

The game is supposed to be fun. They're leeching all fun out of it by making this demanding list of "achievements" and throwing a few bones to us in the form of bind on pickup "rewards."

Still questioning whether I really want to even give it the time of day. It's not going to be fun in the least.

How far are you in the alliance alerts and have you started the star fortress alerts? There are quite more than 5 (I have over 20-25 companions lol)

Done them all and all 4 commanders to rank 20 on my commando (my main) and just being lazy on my shadow who has done them all but Lokin and a few others. No one else has done KotFE because I'm lazy, I still plan on taking all my other characters through KotFE, but because I'm a idiot completionist, I have to redo all the planet missions they reset on EVERY character with 4.0, so...its slow going. But they arnt to bad, and even take my mom on some if she needs the harder ones. (Qyzen, Blizz, and Lokin to name a few) And done all the starfortresses on my commando and shadow (still cant get that freaking walker) still plan on taking everyone else through them also. Right now the current requirement for Legendary is just do 5 alliance alerts, which imo is extremely small next to level all 8 classes to lv50. So yeah I would trade doing more alliance alerts instead of speed leveling characters in a short period of time, considering I plan on doing them all anyways. :)

I'm sure many people appreciate your posts here. I know I do. ;)

As for the posts of Mr Menace, I did what I had to do there and I'd recommend anyone who has similar issues with someone to do the same. In the long run I believe it can help keep the forums a more pleasant place.

A lot of posts in these recent days will be made by people having a short fit because of how this event feels to them.

That also makes that you sometimes need to read between the lines of some statements. A lot of things are being typed in anger and frustration as this Event feels like another milestone in the wrong direction to alot of people.

The straw that broke the camels back. Some people probably already reached that point.

Some have now. And some are close to that point...

I actually met my girlfriend on this game 4 years ago. We're both passionate about gaming and Star Wars.

Yet neither of us feel good about handing this company any more of our money anymore. The only thing that's still holding me a bit tied to SWToR now are all the wonderful people, my guild especially (Go Twelve Parsecs! ;D), that I've come to know in the game.

But compared to what I'm giving, the gaming part of it is starting to feel empty, the server I'm on too.

Progenitor used to be one of the most wonderful servers in it's highdays.

This is Progenitor now.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-progenitor/trends/60d

Even when counting in summer vacations and recent server transfer sales this looks quite bleak.

I can't wait to see how it will look after this debacle blows over. Maybe it's time to let go?

I have no idea why but I have been spending more time these past couple of days just sitting here reading and typing then even playing SWTOR lol its to much fun! :D:D:D And yeah, even on Thursday night I went on mini rants, but I calmed down after reading some more. I guess because of me being the oldest of 12 and all the random stuff and problems that happen during the day, I'm used to reading between the lines and getting to the point and being helpful. :) Man I wish I could find a girlfriend......especially one that loves to play video games. :D Oh well one day......a long long time ago...... Anyways, grats to you and her! :D And yeah as the days roll on its getting less and less of a pull to even play and have fun, I'm only playing because I still have the SW and Agent storylines to finish, get more achievements and fill those out and...well its Star Wars, but....its so sad to see my precious Star Wars get dragged through the rancor pits like this. :( But one day after I have done everything, I will leave because their CS is horrid.

Really? Here are some synonyms for the word "monotonous":

tedious, boring, dull, uninteresting, unexciting, wearisome, tiresome, uninvolving, repetitive, repetitious, unvarying, unchanging, unvaried, humdrum, ho-hum, routine, mechanical, mind-numbing, soul-destroying; colorless, featureless, dreary; dullsville

I don't see the word "enjoyable" in that list.

Mind-numbing sounds fun. :D Anyway I'm not defending it, I don't think it as fun to redo all this stuff in a short period of time. Still doing it because I'm a idiot with a brain OCD issue of achievements and I dislike very much time gated one time achievements. (The Gree, Rak and BBA events, while even though time gated, are each and every month or every few months, so there is a "Eh I missed it, eh it will be back next month." So I can take my time and enjoy it. Not so with this one time "event".) And before you say it....yes, yes I am a walking oxymoron with the mental age of a 12 year old. :D