Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure if this has been brought up or not, and seeing as there are 150 pages (148 of them trolls) of discussion that I'm not about to read through, my question is this: Will players who have previously completed the HK-51 mission have to start anew for the Legendary achievement? And what about those who have not done it? I remember it taking me months to finish due to the ridiculousness of having to find the various items on different planets. I know it will probably piss a lot of "founders" off, but I'm not too keen on re-starting that particular mission if it takes that long to complete, especially with the influx of people farming for the items. I am of the opinion that if they force a new start on the mission that they need to increase the find rate of the items for each planet.

You can unlock in on your new character either for 1m credits or 350 cartel coins but it is per character though after your comment about trolls I shouldn't have answered.

Edited by casirabit

I have to laugh now. On RE server there are people posting link to a petition to BW about making the DvsL event retro active. In other words, so people don't have to do them on anew toon. and would automatically get the achievements/rewards.

I am asking. What would then be the point? I would instantly be Legendary when i logged on after the patch. Wheres the fun in that?

As far as i'm concerned: If you don't want to do it, then don't, no rewards for you then.

People are rightly upset as they can't use their own characters they have played since the beginning. I understand the reasoning for creating 1 or 2 new ones but everything else should be able to be done on their toons they have played with for a long time.

So I don't see a problem asking them to let us use our original toons for some of this.

So loyal players who have stuck with this game and already accomplished many of these things do not get credit and have to do it again? What a slap in the face. Screw you too if thats the case.

Challenge accepted.

I am willing to do it again. It's not like they expect everything on every character. Just everything on one - two characters. The rest they just expect basics. Lv 50, etc.

People are rightly upset as they can't use their own characters they have played since the beginning. I understand the reasoning for creating 1 or 2 new ones but everything else should be able to be done on their toons they have played with for a long time.

So I don't see a problem asking them to let us use our original toons for some of this.

This isn't an unreasonable request, and I'd like to see an explanation of why. I can think of two reasons, one technical (they either think or know that doing the things you can do on an existing character won't get recorded properly - see the ongoing issues with Legendary status), and one game-design-related (you have to do all the levelling on event characters, so you have to do the entire event on them). It's a question I'd like to see answered, for sure. Especially if it is the technical reason.

Surpassing the slot machine, and the companion nerf uproar is quite an accomplishment, while probably not NGE quality, this team has maybe gotten a second place award for pissing off your playerbase.

Ikr? The companion nerf was bad but it was nothing compared to this. I was around when the companion nerf happened but it sure wasn't this bad.

I wasn't around for the slot machine uproar so I wasn't aware of that one but this event's uproar tops the cake...

All current Level 65 was for nothing. Light vs Dark kills everything anyone has done in game up to this point, because they cant get the new achievements or gear. Thanks for nothing

Why can't you get them? Unless you have NO character slots available, you have the same chance to get them as anyone else.

Also, your existing characters are worthless without a bunch of nearly purely cosmetic rewards? (Depending on how they do it, the companion might have a minor mechanical benefit).

I mean, I've been guilty of hyperbolizing, but I gotta throw a flag on this one. Your characters have exactly the same value as they did before launch, and as they will after the event concludes, even if you don't participate. They can contribute (indirectly) to the event by earning money, crafting levelling gear, and gathering mats for the event characters to use to gain achievements.

Exactly. Not only do they want us to grind everything all over again but then tempt us when this happens.

Yep, which is why a token system would have been MUCH better, like the Gree, Rak and BBA events. Just think if all the gree weapons, gree armor, thorn weapons, rak companion customizations, BBA armor and weapons, heck even all the "new" stuff they added at the vendor they brought back form the first rak event and the chevin event, being in a random boxes you got while doing the event. That's what this is, but slightly worse because this is a ONE TIME EVENT and not a repeating one.

I have to laugh now. On RE server there are people posting link to a petition to BW about making the DvsL event retro active. In other words, so people don't have to do them on anew toon. and would automatically get the achievements/rewards.

I am asking. What would then be the point? I would instantly be Legendary when i logged on after the patch. Wheres the fun in that?

As far as i'm concerned: If you don't want to do it, then don't, no rewards for you then.

To be honest, the only thing I want retro activated is the crafting and 8 classes. That's it. Everything else is fine, so no.....you wouldn't get all the tiers and Legendary instantly as soon as you sign in. You would still have to level at least 2 characters to 65 (one imp and one pub) and do all the fps on tac (or solo mode, though that's not 100% confirmed yet) and HM, and do some WB hunting, pvp, gsf and ops. So plenty left to do.

To be honest, the only thing I want retro activated is the crafting and 8 classes. That's it. Everything else is fine, so no.....you wouldn't get all the tiers and Legendary instantly as soon as you sign in. You would still have to level at least 2 characters to 65 (one imp and one pub) and do all the fps on tac (or solo mode, though that's not 100% confirmed yet) and HM, and do some WB hunting, pvp, gsf and ops. So plenty left to do.

Exactly this!

There are fundamental flaws with the event as its been announced. The retroactive credit idea is not a solution because the framework of the event is not viable. Players are rightfully upset about the notion of an "event" that requires them to go back and level all 8 classes and all 6 crew skills, but the issue isn't the lack of retroactive credit for doing it previously, it's the fact that this "new event" is simply recycling old content and adds nothing to keep players engaged in the game.

Retroactive credit is not a solution, but not because there's no problem to be solved. The event needs to be postponed until it can be reformatted in a significant way that allows players to use their existing characters and the reward system can be redesigned to avoid the glaringly obvious issues inherent in the BoP lockbox system that's been devised (make it a token or reputation system with a vendor like other events for crying out loud).

True. They put off and then canceled the speed runs of rav and tos, so why not stop and postpone this and revaluate it? (Yes I know about the Speed Run of EC, which is just horrid how they handled that, and because of it I'm that much closer to leaving, only reason why I havnt yet is I havnt finished all the storylines and AP, but once that's done? See ya because your customer service is very very very VERY poor.)

If they were to take into account the alignments of the thousands of already accomplished players, the event would be over before it started with no opportunity for either side to have a chance at changing the outcome. I can't be the only one who can see that.

That being said, how does pragmatic 'neutral' alignments come into effect with the event?

Well when I first heard of this event, I thought it would be the total of every choice made AFTER the event started. Never once did I think they would count up the choices made before or now or whatever tier they are now.

I wasn't asking the devs to make a change, I wasn't suggesting a solution, and I wasn't trying to follow your idea of what these forums should be.

What you are and were doing is unconstructive whinging - nothing more, nothing less.

What I was doing, however, was responding to you dismissing others purely because they are bringing an amount of emotion into a discussion that relates to their enjoyment, monetary investiment, and time.

You'll find I gave a plentiful amount of reasons why this comes across as whinging - all of which don't match your above assertion.

I simply stated what an example of the event punishing older players was, there are many others, but that is by far the most obvious as it affects people in more ways than just time investment. My main point which you seem to have disregarded is that an event is a failure at it's purpose if it isn't accessible for all. Changing servers to do it means it isn't accessible.

Per what you stated it punishes players who have max slots, a fair point and a constructive argument could be formed around that, it doesn't punish all older players as you elude to here though. Thus ... hyperbole - look it up.

The even has many problems in terms of realistic expectations from players, aswell as not really bringing anything new to the table. It's basically what most people who care about achievement points or story have already done.

Making ti retroactive ( the majority of players I refer to as whingers are whinging at this is what they want ) brings even less to the table - you then get to skip most of the EVENT whilst others have to do it.

That might not affect you, but it affects a lot of people.

How does it affect others? What affect exactly is it having? Sour grapes for not getting rewards for nothing, diddums *puts toys back in cot*.

And remember, you whining about how people express their views on the forum, is just as bad as that whining.

Who is whinging? I'm blatantly attacking the whinging, not whinging about the whinging. ;)

Surpassing the slot machine, and the companion nerf uproar is quite an accomplishment, while probably not NGE quality, this team has maybe gotten a second place award for pissing off your playerbase.

While I never played SWG, man...comparing this to NGE? Ouch:eek:

It's people like you who are gradually killing this game by telling BW this is a perfectly legit cop-out for actually adding new content...

And it's people like you with your strawman arguments that bring the general level of intelligence around here down a notch.

Show me one place where I've stated "yay let's have this event instead of new content". Show me one poster who has made points about being pissed off over this event instead of getting new content I have disagreed with?

Strawman nonsense is nonsense.

I am disagreeing with the "retroactive" whingers who make up "cool stories" about how this punishes them etc.

You're deliberately being obtuse.

Yes a sub of X years can do the "event". Yet it's clearly not the target audience here.

Who is the target audience then of all the other events? I've done those numerous times, I'm sure many have ... probably more times than they've done the content people want for this event.

It's like people think "legendary = everyone should easily be able to achieve it".

It ain't legendary if it's easy.

Buying the legacy-page unlock will score the HK mission. I'm presuming shipping cash to one of your new characters will trigger the cash unlock, since it triggers the regular cash achievement.

True to the first one, but remember to have that tier that requires HK-51 to be unlocked, and don't buy him before that. For the cred one, I believe it says you must earn 1 mil on that character, and not just pass it along from a alt. Don't know how they are tracking it, but who knows. Maybe it will be just that easy.

How is that exactly? It's just switching two rewards around. It certainly would make more sense, than getting a mount of all things for doing all that work.

Look at how much outrage there is already over legendary status. If people had to do it to get the advertised companion the outrage would go through the roof.

As it stands I agree the legendary tier doesn't have the greatest rewards but then the fact it's legendary and really difficult to get ( in terms of time invested - YMMV for each player and how much time they have to spare to actually go after it ) is almost reward in itself.

Not something I would personally go after but if I saw someone in a pug group I was in or whatever with a title you can only get from legendary ... I would respect them for the amount of work they put in to get that ... full kudos because from my perspective ... it isn't easy at all.

Unsure if this has been brought up or not, and seeing as there are 150 pages (148 of them trolls) of discussion that I'm not about to read through, my question is this: Will players who have previously completed the HK-51 mission have to start anew for the Legendary achievement? And what about those who have not done it? I remember it taking me months to finish due to the ridiculousness of having to find the various items on different planets. I know it will probably piss a lot of "founders" off, but I'm not too keen on re-starting that particular mission if it takes that long to complete, especially with the influx of people farming for the items. I am of the opinion that if they force a new start on the mission that they need to increase the find rate of the items for each planet.

I have read all 152+ pages of this forum, and not all 148 pages of them are trolls. There is a a lot of confusion because the blog post has poor wording and structure. Even me on Thursday night was flying all over nerdraging. But once I starting reading around and people starting explaining things, it subsided (not a lot because there are still MANY things flawed with this) some. But hopefully your question was answered in the wave of feedback:)

It seems that people that are defending this crap are saying its a speed run. Now to start with its not a speed run its about cramming many many hours of grinding into a number of months. This is great if your a loser living in your parents basement

Lol stopped reading there ... you're playing a space wizard game and are mad over a virtual event but you want to call other people losers ... right ... :rolleyes: