Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Hey All,

There are a lot of forum posts and conversations happening around the Dark vs Light Event. We are paying attention and following what all of you are saying. Our plan is to share our thoughts on the Event during the Live Stream on Thursday (https://www.twitch.tv/swtor). That doesn't mean that changes are or aren't coming but we will talk through some of the main topics then. See you on Thursday!

Ben

Thank you for telling us that you read the communitys feedback :tran_smile:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this game i have been a loyal player since 2011.the game was awesome .and now you do this take companions away you gave us all these new companions we cant customize the gear hereS YOU in your streams we will never take anything away from you when you take the ability to customize the gear on useless companions thats a lie you i can confirm it lana is a full blown companion and we cant change her gear thats a lie now this Light VS Dark stuff to me its a slap in the face to make the players that have been here since the start to make us start over .have you ever heard the saying too much of anything isnt necessarily a good thing way too much change not everyone has the slots to make 8 new characters remember your live stream WE WILL NEVER TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOU YOU GUYS HAVE CAUSED THE GTNS TO SKY ROCKET WITH YOUR NEW PLATINUM YOUR TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME HOW ABOUT STAYING TRUE TO YOUR WORD LET US CUSTOMIZE OUR CHARACTERS AND YOUR NEW EVENT DO SOMETHING FOR THE VET PLAYERS PLEASE SORRY I JUST FEEL LIKE WE DONT MATTER. ANYWAY TY FOR YOUR TIME.NOT EVERYONE IS RICH AND IT COST MONEY TO BUY CC FOR NEW CHARACTER SLOTS I PAY FOR THE GAME AND I BUY CC WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT .

Hey All,

There are a lot of forum posts and conversations happening around the Dark vs Light Event. We are paying attention and following what all of you are saying. Our plan is to share our thoughts on the Event during the Live Stream on Thursday (https://www.twitch.tv/swtor). That doesn't mean that changes are or aren't coming but we will talk through some of the main topics then. See you on Thursday!

Ben

*slow clap* Every time I think the lack of courtesy Bioware is treating their customers with has reached rock-bottom, they manage to improve on that towards a new low. So. The kiddies are sent out to play with a pat on the head, and maybe in two days we will say something meaningless that won't change things. Your arrogance is stunning.

The least you could do would be to address questions and concerns before that so-called event. But, hey, why bother. People are going to give you their money regardless of how they are treated, aren't they?

Hey All,

Ben

Talking to us about the event AFTER it has gone live is too late.

As it stands I will NOT be participating in the event AND I will not be subbing while the event is active.

Fix it BEFORE it goes live, not after.

All The Best

Hey All,

Ben

Thanks for the update.

Hey All,

Ben

We appreciate you trying, but please don't lie to our faces. We all know that nothing is going to change, as that is the Bioware way, and your Masters are just trying to quell the anger for a few days.

Pardon me if this has already been asked and answered.

Would a 12x XP season not be in order for this? Similar to what you gave us before KOTFE came 'round.

Cheers, Eric and staff.

I'm assuming the +50% XP gear is there instead of that.

" Im sick and tired of companions , dont even know what to do with them anymore "

Light vs Dark event came : "Im gonna do this event just for companions and nothing more "

You guys deserve to be milked by EA . No new content ... guess why...

Remove the 8 characters to 50 requirement, remove the Word Boss requirement (not all servers have a poplulation to support this objective unless you intent to insta-respawn the bosses?) add 2 new character slots to each subscription account. Give us 4-6 months to finish the objectives, and this should be doable for most people.

1. Start at 60 characters do not count. Only level 1 characters will be created as event characters.
  2. Correct, you only need to hit level 50. Class story is not required.
  3. You can use the legacy unlock for HK-51, you do not need to re-complete the mission if you did it before.

This is incorrect or not working as intended, I just used the legacy unlock for HK-51 and it did not work for the LD/DS Achievement. Please Fix, do not want to run all of that again!

Edit : I'm dumb, you have to kill a couple hundred or something like that with HK out for the achievement.

Edited by jozimmie
i'm dumb

Hey All,

Ben

I really wish I could believe you but we both know nothing is going to change drastically since the Dev team doesn't have the time money or support to redo this from the ground up.

Hey All,

Ben

I appreciate you saying something.

This is the kind of post that I'm glad to see. I'm still skeptical that our concerns will be alleviated, because I'm pretty sure we understand the motivation behind the event. However, I like that you stated the attention you've paid, and that you aren't necessarily going to make changes, but will talk about the issues. While that may seem like a bad thing, I feel like if you actually have the foresight to not just outright promise changes, well then maybe there's still some hope for the game. But, still, that hope will likely die out again unless these issues are actually resolved.

I'm glad you didn't promise to fix them with the stream, merely address them. However, you have three options, not two. On top of failing to follow through on promises, and actually doing so... there's also a neat concept wherein you 'go the extra mile'. If you were able to actually fix some of these issues by talking about them, that'd certainly count as going the extra mile past fulfilling your promise, and I think we'd all be really glad to see that. Acknowledging the uproar is a good start. Doing something about it would be even better.

But seriously, I don't mean to downplay the quoted post. This actually is the right first step to addressing the community's concerns. I just hope it's followed by more steps :)

*nod* Yep.

Question: Is it possible to get both companions?

So do all the decisions you make add up, or is it per character? I really would like both companions if at all possible...dont make me choose!

"Choices matter!" Sadly you will only be able to get one, and that choice is made overall which side wins at the end of the "event". Even if your fully lightside on every character, and darkside wins overall, you will ONLY get the darkside companion, and vice versa.

Sorry but I have to say it. Altering the requirements after go live is an even bigger blunter than the whole concept of the event. If some modification were to be made. Sorry again but this post:

Simply does not comforting. Even there isn't any solid confirmation about changing stuff. Either cancel and rework the whole event or go live with as it is currently and admit that this event will be a failure("metrics" will show, trust me).

This is fine and in fact a reality. Why promise something and then down the road find out you cant deliver? And not just because of some big headed EA making a choice but because of coding issues or problems behind the scenes that could end up causing problems for us? It is better to not promise something and say "Eh....maybe we will talk about it and get back to you." and find out 100% if they can or not. Then to promise something and then not deliver, as then they get called liars and ALOT of other names. Sadly that's the reality of the world we live in.

Ok, I posted something similar to this in another thread, but I'll post this here too since this is the main thread for the event...

After reading the info about the new companions, I find it too vague to answer my question and it just leaves me confused since it doesn't solidly say one way or the other, so let me ask:

Is each player getting the companion that their own LS/DS choices in total leaned toward? Or is everyone getting the same companion based on the total LS/DS points earned across all players?

Because one of those options is cool, and the other option is sure to piss off a great number of people...

Sadly it is the latter option. Everyone will only get ONE companion (If you made it to the Eternal tier by the end of the "event" that is.) based on the total of lightside and darksides points made by all characters made on June 28th or afterwards.

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

Maximum Character Slots Per Server

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=886934

Remember though they are TESTING IT, so it still is not 100% confirmed. Do I want it to be true? BOOYAH! that's more 10 more characters I can make on my legacy without having to go to another server!!!:D:D:D But remember, until there is a post saying its 100%, temper your expectations. (Though if they do test it and find it will screw us over more and not help us, I would like them to respond and say "Sorry, but it won't work." Yeah will cause outrage, and yes even I will be mad :mad: *looking at you Hood Toggle and Backhanded Lightsaber stance blog post* :mad: But at least we know the truth 100%. :))

Edited by Lakemine

Aside from the obvious betrayal, I'm talking about the Gemini Deception which was so so so bad it may momentarily outshine the betrayal by the development team of the Vets. (Yes I know I exaggerate for effect and symmetry), how is a speed run through old content good for anyone or likely to encourage people to play.

If you really wanted to take the fun out of the game you have people rush through as quick as they can (so they can repeat it) and then make it so their choices are dictated by which companion they hope to get in the future. So Im rushing through and if I want to help get x companion I don't even bother with the story cause my choice is dictated to me by the companions.

It seems like a bad idea if I wanted to get people to enjoy the game.

Edited by Costello

server slots at 450CC, heroics nerfed.

are we trying to distract from the event issue for the live stream?

"Oh your foot hurts?"

*smacks upside the head*

"there, your foot still hurt now?"

Edited by Jamtas

server slots at 450CC, heroics nerfed.

are we trying to distract from the event issue for the live stream?

"Oh your foot hurts?"

*smacks upside the head*

"there, your foot still hurt now?"

Heroics nerfed? :eek: How? Where? When? :confused: Got info?

Edited by Lakemine