J.J. Adrams has spoken

mudtech

Obi, isn't a Skywalker, and one could argue that he is the main character of 1-2-3.

My point being, 7-8-9, can be about the story of the Skywalker family, while having an outsider as the main character. She could be the point of entry for a whole new franchise outside 1-9.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obi, isn't a Skywalker, and one could argue that he is the main character of 1-2-3.

My point being, 7-8-9, can be about the story of the Skywalker family, while having an outsider as the main character. She could be the point of entry for a whole new franchise outside 1-9.

Not really. Obi-wan was there because he had a huge role to play in Anakin Skywalker's story.

Rey's parents were not in Ep. VII.

Now time to speculate.

Was he telling the truth?

With Han, Leia and Luke all in Ep. VII, who then? Are they new or old characters (do we know them)?

Have fun. :p

And yet that statement has already been retracted, to something along the lines of : "I meant Rey doesn't find out who her parents are in episode 7"

I suppose if need be I can go find the source.

Abrams and Disney don't give a crap about the Clone Wars, Rebels, cannon or not. They will do just enough not to cross the story already told there, but plot incongruity is not a concern. These folks are creating a new Star Wars of theirs.

Yeah, I get the impression that Disney isn't running LucasFilm like they're running Marvel Cinematic Group to maintain continuity. If you watched the

with Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, Ashley Eckstein, and Taylor Gray from WD Burbank studios after the Rebels finale, he says he put in the crossguard saber among the corpses as a homage to all the work the folks did on TFA, not because he wanted to show that crossguard sabers existed in canon before TFA. Its not like they got James Arnold Taylor to do the Obi Wan VO during Rey's vision (who if you've ever seen him do his
routine at Star Wars Weekends at Disney is amazing*), they spliced in an edit of Sir Alec Guiness and Ewan MacGregor.

*When he demonstrates his audition for the voice of Obi Wan, and does the scene from the Mustafar shore of remorse from Episode 3, and the movie clip is playing in the background, I promise a tear will come to your eye, it should be in the video I linked. Skip to 36:00.

Edited by phalczen

Rey has to be a Skywalker or the lightsaber scene in 7 does not make sense.

If Rey is a Skywalker (or Solo), it will be mildly annoying. Not so much because I don't want the hero to be a Skywalker, but because it raises some big questions about the choice to abandon her on a crap desert world where she is forced into a life of... well, not slavery, but something pretty close to it. Miserable at the very least.

And if she is a Skywalker, powerful with the Force, it would be dangerous to have her grow up without the close supervision of a wise person. How easily could she fall under the influence of the Dark Side?

The saber may be calling to her because she is the one who needs to find Luke. The vision could be showing her the darkness that she is destined to bring to the light.

OR

Whomever dropped her on Jakku (not a Skywalker, but a friend of the family) knew that Ungar Plutt would make sure she grew up strong. Ungar tries to buy (and later steal) BB-8 not out of greed, but because he knows it will lead Rey to the Resistance and into the thick of galactic events. He is trying to protect her.

Events unfold and this lost Sywalker fulfills her destiny by reuniting with her father and saving the galaxy from the darkness as he did.

Since I am a subscriber again I will answer this question......JJ Abrams is right Rey's parents are not in TFA 7, since she has only had visions of them and mostlikely they were allies and friends of Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo wayback when. Sadly one of Rey's visions though foggy it was, was of her parents being murdered by someone.

I wil also say right now I am speaking out against SWs TOR for the fact that I am being bilked money as a Prefered Client to belong on the Forums and I am NOT THE least bit happy about the money grab at SWsTOR, Prefered Clients should have FREE access to the Forums.

Edited by Eric_Skynwalker
Adding new info

If Rey is a Skywalker (or Solo), it will be mildly annoying. Not so much because I don't want the hero to be a Skywalker, but because it raises some big questions about the choice to abandon her on a crap desert world where she is forced into a life of... well, not slavery, but something pretty close to it. Miserable at the very least.

And if she is a Skywalker, powerful with the Force, it would be dangerous to have her grow up without the close supervision of a wise person. How easily could she fall under the influence of the Dark Side?

The saber may be calling to her because she is the one who needs to find Luke. The vision could be showing her the darkness that she is destined to bring to the light.

OR

Whomever dropped her on Jakku (not a Skywalker, but a friend of the family) knew that Ungar Plutt would make sure she grew up strong. Ungar tries to buy (and later steal) BB-8 not out of greed, but because he knows it will lead Rey to the Resistance and into the thick of galactic events. He is trying to protect her.

Events unfold and this lost Sywalker fulfills her destiny by reuniting with her father and saving the galaxy from the darkness as he did.

Yep that is what I figure that her mom and dadda were friends of Han and Leia way back when; probably of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker as well. JJ Abrams does not have to reveal whom Rey's Parents were since his Standalone 3 Trilologies are his supposed tribute to Star Wars EU.

And yet that statement has already been retracted, to something along the lines of : "I meant Rey doesn't find out who her parents are in episode 7"

I suppose if need be I can go find the source.

Touche'!!!! JJ Abrams wants everyone to keep guessing untill all 3 of this Trilogies are out and in DVDs and Blue Rays.

He wasn't lying, though. Cumberbatch played a character named Khan.

He was not KHAN.

I don't want to take this too far off topic, but its pretty obvious it is THE Khan since young Spock asks old Spock about him and old Spock clearly remembers Khan, even though history is obviously changed for old Spock.

I don't want to take this too far off topic, but its pretty obvious it is THE Khan since young Spock asks old Spock about him and old Spock clearly remembers Khan, even though history is obviously changed for old Spock.

I don't think you understood my comment. My point was that Cumberbatch's character was Khan Noonien Singh in name only.

Yeah, he wasn't Hispanic enough to be Khan.

The whole Star Trek reboot is a distastef of epic proportions. He isn't khan, pine isn't Kirk, that other guy isn't spock, she's definetly not uhura.

I was SO worried TFA was going to be another JJ style reboot, and it almost was.

Yeah, he wasn't Hispanic enough to be Khan.

Hilariously, you can tell from the name that Khan is supposed to be Hindi; so it's a bit of irony given TOS's message of cooperation and inclusiveness that the producers went "Ricardo Montalban isn't white. Not white is close enough to Indian, right? Right!"

To be fair, Montalban was pretty dark in the Space Seed episode (or perhaps it was just the lighting), but I guess in getting old he'd lightened up a bit by 1982's Wrath of Khan.

Well, I vaguely recall someone suggesting Finn was related to Lando. I really hope that wasn't true because if one of the only black guys in SW is related to one of the only black guys it feels... well I don't want to say racist, but wrong somehow.

I did say that because there was alot of skuttlebutt with others saying that Lando Calrissian was Finn's father. There is a Rogue in Finn by the way he acts......but he is portrayed goofy by the Actor in SWsTFA when he looses the lightsaber battle with Ben Skywalker/Kylo Ren.

I did say that because there was alot of skuttlebutt with others saying that Lando Calrissian was Finn's father. There is a Rogue in Finn by the way he acts......but he is portrayed goofy by the Actor in SWsTFA when he looses the lightsaber battle with Ben Skywalker/Kylo Ren.

Ben Solo, not Skywalker

And there is nothing at all in TFA to indicate that Lando is his father.

Ben Solo, not Skywalker

And there is nothing at all in TFA to indicate that Lando is his father.

SORRY, but in SWs EU Canon Books etc.......you seem to forget that BEN SKYWALKER was a child of MARA JADE AND LUKE SKYWALKER.

SO, if Kylo Ren is BEN SKYWALKER then he is Mara Jade's and Luke Skywalker's child.

Edited by Eric_Skynwalker

SORRY, but in SWs EU Canon Books etc.......you seem to forget that BEN SKYWALKER was a child of MARA JADE AND LUKE SKYWALKER.

SO, if Kylo Ren is BEN SKYWALKER then he is Mara Jade's and Luke Skywalker's child.

...what?

I hardly forgot who Ben Skywalker is. I also haven't forgotten that he no longer exists in canon.

There is no Ben Skywalker. There is no Mara Jade

Kylo Ren is Ben Solo, son of Han and Leia.

Did you even watch the movie?

Edited by MadDutchman

Hilariously, you can tell from the name that Khan is supposed to be Hindi; so it's a bit of irony given TOS's message of cooperation and inclusiveness that the producers went "Ricardo Montalban isn't white. Not white is close enough to Indian, right? Right!"

To be fair, Montalban was pretty dark in the Space Seed episode (or perhaps it was just the lighting), but I guess in getting old he'd lightened up a bit by 1982's Wrath of Khan.

Yeah, that was the joke.