Bioware: Do we have to use the "item" acquired in chapter XII? (spoilers)

Rabenschwinge

I for one have a very particular preferences regarding the looks of my characters and the characters which are actually important to me all have cartel market weapon (either originally from a cartel pack, bought via GTN or bought and unlocked directly via cartel coins). The cost of my two main characters' main hand weapons can be mapped directly to real money.

I don't want to use the generic weapon I get from Chapter XII of Knights of the Fallen Empire, I want to use my own, particularly in the case of my sniper. Since the chapters of KotFE have been quite easy so far it doesn't really matter how I outfit them, grade 208 stuff should more than sufficient and an augment is not required,

So is it viable for me to ignore the new weapon except when I am actually playing a new chapter of KotFE, or is it by any means important or has any advantages that I am not aware of, other than it is the magic thingy you need to use when fighting Arcann, eventually? Does it even matter in the chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire at all as long as I am not fighting Arcann?

It says:

Equip: Grants special abilities based on your decisions.

I don't have to actually use it while I am making those decisions, I only have to use it in the moments the decisions become important, don't I?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. If these items are to be used full time, I think it was incredibly short-sighted of the design team not make the "magics" into some sort of weapon mod, instead requiring all of the players to start using the same weapon.

As it stands right now, I've just put mine in the cargo.

Must admit that weapon caused me a lot of confusion.

The patch preview made it sound like a legendary sought after weapon. Apart from the equip effect we have yet to see in action, it's on par with the green quest reward KOTFE early chapter weapon

It's safe to ignore it for now and pull it out for first runs on new chapters, maybe. Personally, I was wondering what happens if we delete the thing - I'm sure someone will do that - does that person continue to get auto-1-shot-killed in future cut scenes?

Perhaps it's because today is Friday. Or maybe I'm just a little friskier than usual. But the way the thread's title cloaks the subject of the thread under the term "item", I was expecting the Chapter XII reward was delivered from Adam & Eve. The comment about leaving it in the cargo hold until we need it did not clarify the issue for me. Edited by Thoronmir

Must admit that weapon caused me a lot of confusion.

The patch preview made it sound like a legendary sought after weapon. Apart from the equip effect we have yet to see in action, it's on par with the green quest reward KOTFE early chapter weapon

It's by far the best mainhand quest reward in the game.

Rating 200 (orange, with stats comparable to purple) vs 190 green (KOTFE early chapters) or 192 purple (SOR final reward).

Sure, you get better MH through crafting, OPs and even lucky drops (and therefore GTN, of course) - but it makes perfect sense in terms of story progression quest rewards.

With that in mind, the rewards for Eternal Championship make perfect sense, too - because from questing alone, the player will have green 190's with a few blue 200's from drops.

falls far short of the 208 mod MH from PvP - so it must be a long way short of BiS - So it really needs to be a +5 vs. Arcann 'thing' ........to be any good.

imagine the QQ if someone trashes it, vendors it or some other mishap befalls it in the meantime ... It might be a whole year before we meet Arcann again.... Without your 'thingy'

falls far short of the 208 mod MH from PvP - so it must be a long way short of BiS - So it really needs to be a +5 vs. Arcann 'thing' ........to be any good.

imagine the QQ if someone trashes it, vendors it or some other mishap befalls it in the meantime ... It might be a whole year before we meet Arcann again.... Without your 'thingy'

According to Dulfy ( http://dulfy.net/2016/04/05/swtor-chapter-12-story-and-alliance-recruitment-guide/ ) depending on your choices when creating it, you get either 20% damage reduction, or 20% damage reflect, or 10% of both when fighting Arcann.

The stats were garbage and it cluttered my inventory so I vendored it -- I also only use legacy gear because Ops lockouts. Guess I'll see if I get screwed later, but I think it just gives bonuses against Arcann. Given that nothing in the KotFE storyline has been even remotely challenging, I'm not too worried. Unless Bioware breaks form from all the mollycoddling and there is some one-shot mechanic: Does my choice to vendor the Chapter 12 lightsaber matter Bioware?!?!? Edited by KaiserTNT

I'm disappointed that the special weapon bonus wasn't attached to a fancy color crystal (or augmentation) that we could transfer to our primary weapons if we wanted to.

Like many others, I went through great effort to pick out just the right lightsaber hilts for my force users.

Hopefully it won't come as a surprise when we fight Arcann. Once the cinematics start, we won't be able to switch weapons.

Edited by Xina_LA

On that not has anyone put 208 (or higher) mods on the weapon shell? If so, is the special bonus agains Arcan still granted?

First thing I did after getting the new weapon. The bonus still works, since it's attached to the shell, not the mods.

I'd happily use it if I could change the look of it.

As a Marauder I use two sabers and being slightly OCD I like them to match, much like others I also have a preference on that matching set. I have as others have stuck 220 mods in and dumped it in my cargo hold for use at a later date when fighting Arcann.

This does feel like a real shame as the entire chapter was about crafting a weapon I don't use and likely only have any use in relation to a cut scene. Last time I fought Arcann I never went below 99% health, I don't need a minor buff to make the fight any easier.

It would have been far better if the gift at the end of the chapter was a character buff and not a weapon one, that way we could continue to use our preferred looking gear.

I'd happily use it if I could change the look of it.

As a Marauder I use two sabers and being slightly OCD I like them to match, much like others I also have a preference on that matching set. I have as others have stuck 220 mods in and dumped it in my cargo hold for use at a later date when fighting Arcann.

This does feel like a real shame as the entire chapter was about crafting a weapon I don't use and likely only have any use in relation to a cut scene. Last time I fought Arcann I never went below 99% health, I don't need a minor buff to make the fight any easier.

It would have been far better if the gift at the end of the chapter was a character buff and not a weapon one, that way we could continue to use our preferred looking gear.

Yeah the buff should just be added to the others you previously got at lvl 50 for the 4 archetypes of classes. Also, it pretty much makes all those subscriber reward weapons from HK-55 completely pointless.

Yeah the buff should just be added to the others you previously got at lvl 50 for the 4 archetypes of classes. Also, it pretty much makes all those subscriber reward weapons from HK-55 completely pointless.

It is a weapon literally only for the fight against arkaan, saying it makes the other HK weapons pointless is a little to hyperbolic.

I've long wished we could choose the skin for our sabers - orange items are an 'ok' solution until something like this comes along where, if you want to gain the benefit, you have to have the same cookie cutter as everyone else.

Very unlikely, however if you have space in inventory or cargo hold you may as well keep it until after KotFE ends which is this August. Just in case you do need it. If I was a betting man I would say the odds of needing that are so small you probably have better chances of winning the lotto jackpot week after week.

Basically the free weapon you got once you hit Odessen is 190 gear, this is 200 gear rating. So better gear than the last free gear you got. Most of us have already move onto better gear, really BW should have made it 220 gear for this quest.

. If you think back to the lightsaber or baster or whatever you got at the end of the starter world, this is just the same. How many of us are still using that gear now?

Edited by DreadtechSavant

The problem with such a reward, if it only works on Arcann.

If we have not run that chapter before, how do we know when Arcann fight is coming?

We didnt expect it with Heskel (spelt wrong)

so unless we get a big flashy message "OH LOOK ARCANN" that weapon by most will be just ignored

The problem with such a reward, if it only works on Arcann.

If we have not run that chapter before, how do we know when Arcann fight is coming?

We didnt expect it with Heskel (spelt wrong)

so unless we get a big flashy message "OH LOOK ARCANN" that weapon by most will be just ignored

Or just wear it during the remaining 4 chapters, and have it unequipped the rest of the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.