Non META ship event on Harbinger

Maulkat

I would like to extend an invitation to all to come to Harbinger on March 19 for a non meta ship event. The start time is 2pm cst, 3pm est and 12noon pst. I set the time to include more EU players.

Ships allowed: t1 scout, t2 gs, t3 bomber and scout as well as any sf.

Ships not allowed: t1 and t3 gs. t2 bomber and scout, t1 bomber.

This event is volunteer as there is no way to enforce non meta flying. It can be solo or grouped, the choice is yours!

Mumble info can be provided if requested.

See you then.

After giving some thought to what Sriia said and asking other fliers their thoughts, I'm still going to allow the t1 scout. If nothing else, they will keep the t2 gs in check as well as be a viable ship against those that choose to fly meta ships. No t3 gs, even if it doesn't have rail. There's no way for the opposition to know if it's got rail or not unless they know what they are looking for. Most people don't.

It's not an EU event, it's just at a time where it's possible to participate from EU.

Then i see no point of making event on NA server in EU hours - not so many eu players have toons and ships on harb, and you lose huge base of NA players who'll be still on work that time)

Then i see no point of making event on NA server in EU hours - not so many eu players have toons and ships on harb, and you lose huge base of NA players who'll be still on work that time)

Well, the event is on a Saturday.

No, there aren't a ton of EU folks with NA toons, but there are certainly some.

its because Maulkat and I had a conversation about the event and seeing if we could get some people over from Unrelenting and we spoke about what time would be good for EU players that might be interested in taking part.....that's why she's set it up during the day.

its because Maulkat and I had a conversation about the event and seeing if we could get some people over from Unrelenting and we spoke about what time would be good for EU players that might be interested in taking part.....that's why she's set it up during the day.

Heys, Tilia, why not let THEM come to us maybe?

I'm sure plenty of people would come to a EU server event if you hosted one. Since Maulkat is from Harbinger she invited everyone there including accommodating those in EU timezones.

If you'd like people from the NA servers to come to the EU ones, make an event with the same idea, at a time that works for everyone.

You don't have to wait an event to fly non-meta ships.

Of course not, the event is about gathering everyone in one place at the same time and agreeing to only fly those ships. This creates a whole new game experience flying only non-meta ships vs non-meta ships.

You can always fly whatever you want, but events like these are about flying in a completely different sky.

Because there are 17 servers, and TRE is not the center of the universe. An event is being hosted on a server that is being designated by the hosts, and they have graciously altered the time of the event to allow for traveling EU players (of which there are many) to show up. Most of these players that I can think of off the top of my head aren't even from TRE, so why would anyone want to host it there? The event is still a ways away...plenty of time to upgrade ships enough to participate and be competitive if you would like to. It is quite frankly absurd to come into this thread and be upset that someone is hosting an event at a server other than your own.

However, as others have said, if you and your guild would like to host some kind if an event, a European hosted super serious night for example, I am sure that you would have a lot of people coming out to participate. Just remember that organizing an event takes a lot of work and co-ordination to keep everyone happy and engaged, as blowout matches usually aren't fun for anybody.

Edited by Lavaar

When I host events on Jedi Cov I do try to start them early enough that EU players can participate. Like 5-6 PM EST. That's still really late for EU players (Traesha lives in the Netherlands so 6 PM is midnight for her) but you know I gotta fit it around my schedule too and so I gotta host stuff after Uni lets out (I get home at like 6 PM) or work lets out for us East-coasters.

~ Eudoxia

I would like to extend an invitation to all to come to Harbinger on March 19 for a non meta ship event. The start time is 2pm cst, 3pm est and 12noon pst. I set the time to include more EU players.

Ships allowed: t1 scout, t2 gs, t3 bomber and scout as well as any sf.

Ships not allowed: t1 and t3 gs. t2 bomber and scout, t1 bomber.

This event is volunteer as there is no way to enforce non meta flying. It can be solo or grouped, the choice is yours!

Mumble info can be provided if requested.

See you then.

There a preferred faction? I'll probably bring a pub toon.

You are welcome to fly either or both sides. I will more likely be imp side, but my pub's ships are also mastered. Stock night only imps participated that I was aware of. So would like to see pubs involved this time.