Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll stop using that word for ya, then. :p Also, not on Illum. Hate that place.

Sorry, I have to call troll as well. Ilum is the ONLY place that had lock boxes that yielded, pre-nerf, 1-6k per box. Ilum is the lvl 50 world = highest rewards possible for MMO. All other lower lvl worlds would not turn out such ESPECIALLY after a nerf of this magnitude. Logic dictates this invalidating your claim.

Ran 20 missions yesterday, all lvl 5 rich lockboxes, and ended up with 1 schematic, and 3 purple missions.

Credit wise, I made a total of 5200 credits profit from cases. Schematic sold for 3k. Missions did not sell on GTC so I vendored them for 940 each.

Total time invested was about 22 crew hours, total profit around 11k. Even with 4 crew members running these missions at once (impossible since you never get that many rich missions available all together), you're spending at least 2 hours to make 11k which I can make in 2 or 3 pvp matches.

The only real use for slicing is the 1-2k boxes you can gather on high level planets. Otherwise, the missions are pretty useless now.

Edited by Kordoyn

Sorry, I have to call troll as well. Ilum is the ONLY place that had lock boxes that yielded, pre-nerf, 1-6k per box. Ilum is the lvl 50 world = highest rewards possible for MMO. All other lower lvl worlds would not turn out such ESPECIALLY after a nerf of this magnitude. Logic dictates this invalidating your claim.

Call it all you want, only way to prove it without showing/telling what I do would be to have someone follow me. =/ and I'll do that when I hit 420k - enough to cover my speeder + a speeder for a close friend.

Call it all you want, only way to prove it without showing/telling what I do would be to have someone follow me. =/ and I'll do that when I hit 420k - enough to cover my speeder + a speeder for a close friend.

Your mojo is weak for a troll. I've amassed over 3 million credits with slicing. It was way too profitable. Now it is useless. Yes it's still possible to turn a profit, but you'd make more doing other things/sending your crew to gather other materials.

Edited by Kordoyn

Ran 20 missions yesterday, all lvl 5 rich lockboxes, and ended up with 1 schematic, and 3 purple missions.

Credit wise, I made a total of 5200 credits profit from cases. Schematic sold for 3k. Missions did not sell on GTC so I vendored them for 940 each.

Total time invested was about 22 crew hours, total profit around 11k. Even with 4 crew members running these missions at once (impossible since you never get that many rich missions available all together), you're spending at least 2 hours to make 11k which I can make in 2 or 3 pvp matches.

The only real use for slicing is the 1-2k boxes you can gather on high level planets. Otherwise, the missions are pretty useless now.

Which is probably what happened on Ilum now: 1-2K boxes. What a waste. BW REALLY needs to fix this otherwise the whole financial market will go down the toilet.

Slicers made tons of money slicing -> spent tons of money on ah for crafters crafted wares -> crafters now make money ==>> everyone makes/has money. NERF BAT FALLS and nobody has money.

Well, I suppose after enough people complain or clog up BW's help tickets with complaints, they're bound to do something - unhappy players, especially in the first month, could result in diminished sub returns....

Edited by DarthSublimitas

Your mojo is weak for a troll. I've amassed over 3 million credits with slicing. It was way too profitable. Now it is useless. Yes it's still possible to turn a profit, but you'd make more doing other things/sending your crew to gather other materials.

Glad you amassed that amount, but I'm still making good profit off Slicing.

Yeah, definitely troll. Seeing as how we have spreadsheets with excessive data entries that clearly indicate a ~70% nerf.

Until he shows some math, I call troll ^^

Troll is to fantasy even if typical Forum Name, I call Mynock....

Now you're like every other craft where you don't earn money going on missions.

This. You are supposed to make money from harvesting nodes, it's a gathering profession. The mission are there to raise your skill level, not to turn a profit.

This. You are supposed to make money from harvesting nodes, it's a gathering profession. The mission are there to raise your skill level, not to turn a profit.

last i checked their called "professions" because they're all intended to make you a profit so in this case nerfing slicing to a point of zero returns makes it a worthless "profession" so in short it should not have been done. Also leveling a profession for no purpose has well "no purpose" go try to use your brain before posting please! maybe start with looking up the definition of profession. A profession is a type of specialized occupation an occupation is used for turning some sort of profit.

Edited by myrken

I'm sick of people like you. Everyone other profession has a purpose to gather a material that is used in some sort of crafting. Our profession was getting lockboxes that had credits in them. The whole point of our profession was to get credits not get mats. The schematics and mission discoveries were a crit chance, not what we go out for.

It has been like this for Treasure Hunting since launch get over it, it is supposed to be hit and miss not constant hit.

Slicing misses like any other profession in game

I have both 400 slicing and treasure hunting on the same character treasure hunting is no where near as bad as slicing is now.

Edited by myrken

Are you saying other gathering professions can't send their companions out to get rare mats to sell on the GTN for profit...?

I have many people saying they have made over a million credits through splicing.

At level 41, I have 400 Synthweaving, 400 Archaeology and 360 Underworld Trading. I barely have enough cash to buy my skills, I have about 30k Credits in my inventory. My Class skills are costing around 25/35k credits atm. So to level my trade skill it has cost me potentially a million credits when I could have just taken splicing and gained credits that way. It's not just through Companions that you get cash in splicing is it? You also have the Data banks/Secure Chests etc around the maps which have lockboxes and cash inside?

Long story short, splicing wasn't benefiting the game, only the greedy players. I'm totally skint and can't afford things I need as I wanted to level my skills. In all honesty, I don't think it was the best desicion, but a friend did lend me 150k credits which he made from splicing.

I have many people saying they have made over a million credits through splicing.

At level 41, I have 400 Synthweaving, 400 Archaeology and 360 Underworld Trading. I barely have enough cash to buy my skills, I have about 30k Credits in my inventory. My Class skills are costing around 25/35k credits atm. So to level my trade skill it has cost me potentially a million credits when I could have just taken splicing and gained credits that way. It's not just through Companions that you get cash in splicing is it? You also have the Data banks/Secure Chests etc around the maps which have lockboxes and cash inside?

Long story short, splicing wasn't benefiting the game, only the greedy players. I'm totally skint and can't afford things I need as I wanted to level my skills. In all honesty, I don't think it was the best desicion, but a friend did lend me 150k credits which he made from splicing.

That's sort of the nice thing about Slicing. It makes you want to give money more - because you feel like you have the financial capability to do it. Without that capability, a lot of other splicers will become a lot more stingy with their credits.

I know I'll still try to be giving to my friends. Like I said before, I have to save up 210k right now to make sure my friend will have their speeder training at level 40 (Already paid for their training at level 25) because they are helping me with leveling as their healer (Already hard life for them) AS WELL AS sometimes throwing me mats to level my production craft.

The only thing the Slicing nerf might've hit is some slicer's sociability... Honestly, with a 'money craft' like that in the game, this game might've become one of the first ones that wasn't a pain to get money to buy things in.

Ah well, still making good money, it's just more involved now.

Ah now you're learning... see we splicers are the good guys :D We're the banks that keep everyone else afloat. Well, not anymore... you think the economic crash in America was bad, just wait and see what happens now in-game... no splicer funds to buy on ah, and sellers will have no customers. I see the Great Depression ah cumin...

so you wouldnt want your share of all that money from selling your stuff?.... interesting