Was it really neccesary to "fix" snowballs?

Taramayne

I know this may sound petty but why....

From patch notes:

Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

So if I get dusted i HAVE to watch myself sparkle for the full 5 minutes? This makes no sense.

Does it have anything to do with players rapidly trading snowballs on each other for parcels during Life day?

Fleets are gonna be snowball griefer's paradise now.

EDIT; ADDED FROM BELOW:

Basically the reason this got to me (aside from the possible annoyance factor) is that it doesn't seem like something that really needs addressing at this time, given all the other issues around right now.

Edited by Taramayne

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this event over now? So actually doesn't make sense .

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the snowball bombs could still be used outside of Life day. They just don't grant parcels.

Basically the reason this got to me (aside from the possible annoyance factor) is that it doesn't seem like something that really needs addressing at this time, given all the other issues around right now.

Edited by Taramayne

More proof people will defend any stupid decision BW makes. You must have been super proud to get mentioned by BW's flack to put it in your sig. I know I'm impressed.

Lol someone woke up angry today. I'm not actually defending anything, I just find the notion of complaining aboiut something so trivial as a snowball affect to be stupid. But you're passive aggressive attempts at insulting me are decent. I'm unfortunately not impressed, so try again.

Does it have anything to do with players rapidly trading snowballs on each other for parcels during Life day?

No kidding. It was no big deal when we could click it off...shows just how poorly managed this game is that THIS is even an issue lol.

No kidding. It was no big deal when we could click it off...shows just how poorly managed this game is that THIS is even an issue lol.

Bioware priorities... :rolleyes:

Bug? Eh, they can go a little longer, but we better make sure those players cant click off those snowflakes! :rolleyes:

Lol someone woke up angry today. I'm not actually defending anything, I just find the notion of complaining aboiut something so trivial as a snowball affect to be stupid. But you're passive aggressive attempts at insulting me are decent. I'm unfortunately not impressed, so try again.

I know people who find the snowball particle effect highly annoying, who will be upset by this change. seems an unnesscary one, I would appreciate hearing from BW their thoughts on why the change was made

Running around like a sparkling fairy does tend to break immersion. This is poor fix to counter snowball gift getting. Now griefers will have a heyday with this.

And all you guys running around with your "female" characters and their female companions dressed like they are attending a prostitute convention doesnt break immersion? :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

When was this change made? I'm fairly certain I was able to click off the snowball buff this past weekend.

Per the patch notes it will be made tomorrow. It hasn't happened yet.

..I can just see all the snowballs flying on fleet tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Taramayne

And all you guys running around with your "female" characters and their female companons dressed like they are attending a prostitute convention doesnt break immersion? :p

hey don't judge. you have your immersion and I have mine. :D

Everyday is Jabba's palace!

Madams, Kira, Jaesa, Elara, Nadia, Risha, Mako, Vette, Ashara and Temple expect apologies during their off nights.

Running around like a sparkling fairy does tend to break immersion. This is poor fix to counter snowball gift getting. Now griefers will have a heyday with this.

If this was intended to counter gifts, why not just limit snowball use to fleet and have the effect unable to be cancelled only aboard fleet?

That way people wouldn't have to enter flashpoints or ops or begin class stories with the snowflake effect still on.

I know this may sound petty but why....

From patch notes:

Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

So if I get dusted i HAVE to watch myself sparkle for the full 5 minutes? This makes no sense.

Fleets are gonna be snowball griefer's paradise now.

EDIT; ADDED FROM BELOW:

Guess my December sub will lapse this year unless they sell snowball protection. I HATE snowballs and wouldn't mind taking a small break when this nonsense is at it's peak.

I have to admit, this does kinda bug me. I have always been the one that tells people to relax, just click it off problem solved. It is almost as if the devs at BW are trying their best to grief us lol.

I do not personally like the snowballs, but it is an event and thats cool. I dont like the rakghoul one either, but I just buy a antidote and problem solved. If they are going to be making it to where you can't remove the buff, then they should provide a way like they do with Rakghoul to prevent it.

It obviously bothers some people, rather then insult or berate them, maybe try to understand that everyone has their opinion of what they dont and do like.

And all you guys running around with your "female" characters and their female companions dressed like they are attending a prostitute convention doesnt break immersion? :p

No, I have an Imperial Agent dressed that way because she is undercover and has to get close to her targets. You do whatever you have to do to get the mission done.

Raina Temple is dressed that way because she is often the evening's distraction. The bodyguards aren't paying attention to me while they are looking at her.

Stupid men. :D

I have to admit, this does kinda bug me. I have always been the one that tells people to relax, just click it off problem solved. It is almost as if the devs at BW are trying their best to grief us lol.

I do not personally like the snowballs, but it is an event and thats cool. I dont like the rakghoul one either, but I just buy a antidote and problem solved. If they are going to be making it to where you can't remove the buff, then they should provide a way like they do with Rakghoul to prevent it.

It obviously bothers some people, rather then insult or berate them, maybe try to understand that everyone has their opinion of what they dont and do like.

Agreed. The snowballs are obnoxious enough, and now they made it worse. If they did something like the vaccine, I would be totally okay with this. When running ops we tell people to turn it off, and now they can't.