Changes Coming to Packs with 4.1

EricMusco

Eric, who keeps making these retarded decisions? Whoever it is, please sack them. Plenty of people with a clue who would happily take their job and do it properly.

Nobody asked for this. Nobody wants this. I know that. You know that. Everybody knows that. Cut this **** out already, and stop trying to rip everyone off you greedy *****.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though - unless you are a new player; the GTN is the answer to gear. Buy it all. Even a gold set - what's 10 mil to drop on a gold set? (Sith Reclusive comes to mind - I think I got that for about 8 mil all accounted for, then unlocked it for *400* CCs for any toon I wanted to use pieces of it for..)

Use your monthly CC's for the ridiculous unlock legacy costs they impose, which have only gotten worse..

I get the buying of CC's to get what you think you want - I did a few times (before these crappy packs all started coming out). Never again for me, my millions have a place to go now (this game is easier than gumming pudding to make money in..)

I am glad to see Cartel Market woes. It is the cancer to this game and so many other MMO's (pay 2 wear crap) - it drives a good deal of personnel and creativity away from 'game building' itself and into 'quick sales' skins, reskins, and recolors of reskins... If all these items (mounts, armor, weapons) were 'ingame' and exclusive to actually *doing* something, they would have a lot more excited players looking for *content* (oh wait they already do..) and not the next pack to blow $ on so they can buy mad-looking lootz (I mean mad looking - what *is* some of this stuff these days??)

All pack and cc disagreements aside; Imagine if you will - the last 4 packs (6-8 months of work?) worth of items thinned down to the actual *good* stuff, then distributed across PVE, PVE Raid, and PVP goals/objectives (new maps/raids/FPs - where the existing CC market folks working hours would go to - or new hires with the skillset would put their time to). How much of the uproar on the forums would *not* be happening? Heck, all the crazy changes they 'did' make (level sync, companions, affection, skills, crafting, yada yada YADA) would have rolled off many backs if they had 'content' with new, good looking 'rewards' behind them? (Yes yes, people will find something to complain about - complaining is fine it draws attention to problems. This certainly would have stopped so many unsubs and entire communities of players from leaving.)

Die Cartel Market. Die.

This is absurd. You're doing precisely the opposite of embracing what people liked about the grand packs. You're giving us less value for our subscriptions. You're ignoring the infrastructure of your existing item economy (cartel certs!). You're not listening to all the logic that people do not want or need non cartel items in cartel packs (companion gifts). Where in the hell is this "feedback" you claim to be getting that is driving these decisions?

You want real feedback? Post a damn survey and link to it from the in-game Cartel Market interface. Reward people with some CC for taking the survey if you feel the need to incentivize.

Instead of putting in this stupid chance cube why don't you put something in the packs that we've been waiting years for. I'm talking about sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened. then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Instead of putting in this stupid chance cube why don't you put something in the packs that we've been waiting years for. I'm talking about sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened. then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

RIGHT! Who wouldn't like THIS! :p

Hey folks,

We have heard in the past few months a lot of feedback from players that they really like the functionality of the “Grand Packs.”

You are mistaking what you term as "functionality" with "availability". We liked the AVAILABILITY of these packs because they were LESS of a gamble. Once again, you say you have heard feedback and you are going the exact wrong way with it.

Is there one post in this thread that is happy about the change? No? Perhaps you should take note and REALLY hear your player base here. This is another mistake that you don't have to make.

All I can say on a personal note is that in the last 6 months I have gone from spending hundreds on the cartel market to spending none. Zero. Not one dollar. None of the changes you are making encourage me to return to my spending ways, so I've been using that money on other games with a GOOD micro-transaction/cash shop option. Heroes of the Storm and Blade and Soul thank you and your team for your decision making process.

Now you are asking, what is the Grand Chance Cube? Think of it as the ultimate Grand Pack. Inside a Grand Chance Cube you have a chance to receive any available Cartel Market Pack item, including from the current Pack. Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

Well, congratulations. You all have finally figured out how to put the RNG into RNG. Trion Worlds will be jelly.

LOL.... gold mate... gold!

Wow, am I reading this right?

I could open a pack to get:

15 green jawa scrap, 1 imperial banner (from a crap chance cube), 1 ball toss (from a crap chance cube) and 1 Zeltron Personal Aroma Set blue courting gift? (Total GTN worth approx 6000 to 15000 credits)

LOL, way to make your customers NOT spend money.

So is the next step, when you buy a pack, there will be a chance for a special pack that will cost 2x the amount of the pack you just bought. And when you buy that, you have a chance for anything... in this general area, right in here. Anything, below the stereo, and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtray, and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.

BEAUTIFUL reference to "The Jerk"

Please....please....I implore you to reconsider these changes. The new packs really need to have NEW stuff in them not a chance to get a random piece from the older packs. I understand giving new players a chance to get the stuff from previous packs but there is an easy way to do that without making these proposed changes. You can cycle the old packs through like you used to do. I would not be able to hit the buy button fast enough if say the Gatekeeper or Architect packs and hypercrates were once again available. There are also many rep vendors that I can't buy anything from because the packs that drop that rep are no longer around not to mention the cartel market certificate cost. It really makes me wonder why you have vendors that use a currency that is no longer attainable and have a further rep requirement that is no longer reachable. I might buy one of the new packs just to see what it is like but that will be it.

Not that you care Bioware but I would be more willing to spend money in the cartel shop for the specific items rather than a random chance at what I want. (Random generators have never been kind to me in mmo's).

I understand you believe people will spend more not knowing what they will be getting (and keep spending till they do). However, I think more players would buy the items directly from the cartel market themselves.

Wow, am I reading this right?

I could open a pack to get:

15 green jawa scrap, 1 imperial banner (from a crap chance cube), 1 ball toss (from a crap chance cube) and 1 Zeltron Personal Aroma Set blue courting gift? (Total GTN worth approx 6000 to 15000 credits)

LOL, way to make your customers NOT spend money.

Dear god, the implications are now immediately more evident.

Buy a gold armor pack, and instead of receiving the gold armor item, you get a chance cube, which then gives you (surprise!) a ball toss.

Not that you care Bioware but I would be more willing to spend money in the cartel shop for the specific items rather than a random chance at what I want. (Random generators have never been kind to me in mmo's).

I understand you believe people will spend more not knowing what they will be getting (and keep spending till they do). However, I think more players would buy the items directly from the cartel market themselves.

This.

I don't buy gamble packs in any game. I buy specific items I know I want. I won't even buy gamble packs with my stipend CCs.

However, 2000 for the new armor set is WAY over the top. 1440 was already a bit too high, but 2k is just silly.

Put nice (specific) things up for reasonable prices and I will buy more things on the Cartel market.

This.

I don't buy gamble packs in any game. I buy specific items I know I want. I won't even buy gamble packs with my stipend CCs.

However, 2000 for the new armor set is WAY over the top. 1440 was already a bit too high, but 2k is just silly.

Put nice (specific) things up for reasonable prices and I will buy more things on the Cartel market.

Same boat as me then. I will never, ever pay a single cent on a virtual scratchticket. That's bullcrap. I would even pay 15-20$ for a mount. A mount I know I will get. Not some bs random chance to get any mount.

"No longer building new Bronze items" sounds like "Will be sticking a Silver icon and higher unlock costs on items that are common in packs"

It's not like some little digital factory closed down its Bronze assembly line and fired all the virtual child labour. It's Collections cash grab on just as common items.

I also wonder what happened with the Research Alliance pack. I understand that there seems to be some shuffling going on behind the scenes at the company but these changes are becoming more and more confusing and hard to understand. The below quote also touches on some other questions I share.

Thanks for the update.

1. Can you describe where, if at all, the bind on legacy stackable artifact Cartel Market Certificates will come from?

2. How do you plan to address the apparent dilution of items as more and more packs become released? That is, as time progresses, the pool of possible drops from the Grand Chance Cube will increase, further reducing the chance that you will get something you want.

Why not simply add the chance cube as a fifth drop that is not guaranteed? Why can't the packs have five drops? They had finally gotten back to the point where people were willing to start buying again since the last change just narrowly moved them back across the "acceptable" line. Now, this chance cube will likely put them back on the wrong side of that line. Worse yet, it will limit the future availability of stuff from the pack as people won't buy enough to put more of the items in circulation.

Please... I beg of you, don't implement this plan. This feels like trying to manipulate players into paying more money. If players are genuinely happy with the changes, the purse strings will get looser on their own. But simply saying this is a good change and speaking positively of it will not make players feel that way.

The reason money flow is slowing or drying up is because the recent changes not only feel like a poor value but also as if it disrespects the player on top of it all. Whether whoever came up with this idea has respect for player intelligence or not, continuing to make changes that require more and more gambling will run off players who see their odds getting worse and worse. This would maybe work for a credit expense but not for real money.

And none of what I just said even covers the issue with the removal of bronze gear. I do not have faith that the future armors will be significantly different than they have been. They will be the same level of quality and appeal and only change in label. It's how players feel about the armor, not the label that will make a difference.

Did someone already suggest instead of removing things, adding more? Like instead of replacing an item drop with an old item drop NOT FROM THE PACK WE PURCHASE, maybe adding an extra drop instead? So that we still get at least TWO items FROM THE PACK WE ACTUALLY PURCHASE? How about you consider that?

Unless you are also dropping the prices of packs by a significant amount. Are you? You should.

I dont think this is a wise idea.

I think it would be a smarter move to add the chance cube as a possible bonus item in packs, but they would remain as they are now.

So this is how it would be set up instead.

Current droplist

• 2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)
  • 1 rank 5 or 6 Companion Gift
  • 1 Scrap

New Droplist

• 2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) and a chance at a Grand Chance Cube
  • 1 Scrap

That would better promote pack sales IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

Whilst this seems like a pretty good idea to me I agree as a random bonus item it would have worked much better towards keeping your customer base happy ... you guys are just always too quick now to try and piss people off. Sure you will have people who like the idea but you must have realised some are goin to hate it and not buy ... offer a free bonus though and everyone's happy ... I just really don't understand your lack of logic anymore Austin.

Now I do have one question that's probably been asked ... can we sell the Grand Cubes on the GTN because I would like to buy lots of these from the GTN as I like to buy all the grand B/S/G packs when they are at reasonable prices.

I dont think this is a wise idea.

I think it would be a smarter move to add the chance cube as a possible bonus item in packs, but they would remain as they are now.

So this is how it would be set up instead.

Current droplist

• 2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)
  • 1 Scrap

New Droplist

• 2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) and a chance at a Grand Chance Cube
  • 1 Scrap

That would better promote pack sales IMO.

The only thing wrong with this is that it actually makes sense. ;)