The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

The Warzone change is insanity. Look, people like me who don’t have 8 hours per day to play games suck at PvP and are going to get rolled by Level 50 players with PvP gear. Warzones can be fun and frustrating, but part of what gets casuals like me to play them is the idea that I can eventually gear up too. This nerf basically punishes players for getting rolled by professional PvPers and PvP guilds. Why would BW not want the bulk of their casuals to play PvP, and as for the PvPers, do you really want less people to play against?

Instead of an inane nerf that punishes casual PvP participation, how about PvP brackets?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont fix the raid ui bugs............

Yeah yeah its out less then a week, chrismas ... ecc... but a bug like that its gamebreaking ..

I have to keep turning around and jump to try too see who need for heals ...

I cant write in guld chat ...so why i joined a guild ?!

This bugs must be fix before children names, and with an emergency maintance if needed, so no excuses.

Love how people are kicking up that it's a minor patch. How many of you *********** want to work over Christmas to get fixes out? I wouldn't. I'd sit back, put my feet up, count the large sum of money from all the fools that bought Collector's Edition, and then crack on with it after New Year.

Yeah, heaven forbid they have to WORK to get both our money and theirs!

I want you all to spare a thought for all the reviled(at least in the UK after the Governments PR assault on their pensions) Public Sector workers that work through EVERY Holiday:sul_angel:

It's good to see that they're making corrections early on. However they're shooting themselves in the foot by patching what they've decided was "important".

A couple i'd of loved to see:

- Auction house now allows searching by name without unnecessary filtering

- Companion abilities no longer change on/off toggle automatically (**** you corso and your harpoon!!)

- Guild window now properly displays online players

- Server player limits increased now that we're done stress testing and see that everything is fine. (i have yet to see a zone with over 100 people on a "FULL POPULATION" server).

Hopefully these mini patches are a weekly (or more frequent) occurrence, or it'll be inevitable that Bioware will be dealing with quite an irate community.

huh...I complained a lot about how many people that were actually on at night. It would go from about 75, to 195 people just on one planet. So....wher you figure that there are zones with less than a 100 people....at time yes. Mostly not.

I would like to stop having to wait for crap I need to respawn, because somebody ran up ahead who is not in my party and got what I needed while I was busy fighting. That's crap! Truthfully....I really do not want to see other people doing the same mission that I am doing, unless they are in my group! It makes absolutely no sense...why did I get the mission if 5,000 other people have it too....you think all 5,000 will fail, and thus me the 1 other guy is the one that will complete this super hard mission? Get REal! UGH..... Very reminiscent SWG....That's why there is over 200 hours of game time...not because of the videos, not because of the content, but because like every other MMO on the freaking planet you have to wait for this jerk off to respawn. Awesome. It's a very slow paced game. Really. I like it, I enjoy it...but come on...

Hmmmm... So this most recent patch gave you everything you wanted? SWTOR gets a 10/10 in your book now? There had to be something you wanted to see.

oh, i was under the impression that this thread was genuinely about what people thought of the patch, but apparantly it was just a poorly disguised "i am not satisfied with this patch and i want others to agree with me" thread.

because i honestly think this was a good patch, a step in the right direction.

or did you really think they would have all issues fixed in the first patch and the game would be perfect after that?

(name one game that was perfect and bug free at launch or directly after the first patch that was released within days of the game going live)

There are some classes that cannot complete the class quest line, and hence cant get into some end game flashpoints (i.e. ilum) - bugs that have been present since beta. I would have thought they would be high priority fixes, I guess Bioware thinks adding more 'baby names in end credits' is more important.

You don't think it's possible that typing in baby names was assigned to someone junior while the senior programmers were working on the stuff you'd like, even if they didn't manage to accomplish everything you wanted for this first incremental patch?

:o i am a bit confused i just came back from work and saw the servers offline.i am new here i mean i have like 1 day and didnt know about this thing till i saw it happening:D anyone who could be nice with me and tell me when the servers come back online Eu time(rome)

ty:(

Patch notes are pretty light considering the length of the downtime. And yes, I do know what's involved in this sorta stuff after 13 of MMO gaming. In any case, a patch this light usually takes most other games less then an hour. I sure hope this is not a sign of what's to come in the months/years ahead.

I've experienced very few bugs myself so far, and none of them critical. I'm more interested in seeing some game mechanic changes such as making tyhe broker more like other MMO's with item filtering by just dropping an item in the search window, etc... stuff like that.

You bunch of ignorant entitilest whiners!! The game came out a week ago!! Christmas was 2 days ago. The devs have been slaving over this the last month, and missing time with their family during the holidays. This patch coming out after the workweek of the christmas holiday AND only coming out after a week's worth since the live game should not be anything large and major. What do you propose, go to Austin and handcuff the devs to their chairs until they fix the bugs IN A GAME? Geez people grow up, be a little more respectful and patient.

Bioware, good job on the patch. Fixes some needed problems, and I trust and respect that the other problems will be resolved in short order. In the meantime, I will enjoy playing on the game rather than crying on the forums.

If you don't want your devs working over a holiday, don't release your game right before a holiday.

To say this is a one-week patch is flat out wrong. This is basically a four or five week patch; since the last beta build release from even before early access. Not one of the issues fixed is "new"; these were all reported extensively in beta. Their fix list for this patch is dishearteningly short considering they've basically had a month of cycle time to be addressing a huge list of known issues from the last beta build that still aren't fixed.

I can only hope that this is not the patch they've been working on for a month, but only a quick stop-gap to fix somegame breaking problems for playability.

I don't see any fixes for stealth here. It just plain doesn't work most of the time, Stealth - black out.. useless. Force of will needs to be re balanced for jedi, 2 minute recharge plain sucks. Already dead by the time I can block another effect on my toon. Sith Sorcerers can use force lighting to often, with very little recharge on them, that is NOT balanced.

Maybe you should save the complaining until you've actually seen the results. :rolleyes:

Or maybe he has a right to voice his concerns.

I for one agree. I have no idea how people were supposedly making a but load of cash with slicing. I know I sure havent been. The missions cost like 400cr and I get MAYBE 450 in the box. For a 6 minute mission lol.

Of course, all other crew skills crush your low cash earnings so much I guess slicing was a huge credit gain in comparison.

Bioware missed a unique chance with their first patch. They could have fixed certain more prominent bugs, like the Kira story bug, or the companion skill settings resetting. Instead they fixed about 2 severe bugs, nerfed a crew skill and did not much more than that.

It's a missed opportunity. They could've silenced the critics with their first patch. All they did is anger the EU playerbase and communicated abysmally about it.

I like the game out of the box, enough to justify the price I paid for it, but my subscription renewal depends on the service they are offering post-release. It's early, but I'm hoping they step up their game from here.

Edited by Dekadez

If the slicing mission were only taking you 6 minutes then you did not make it very far... In the early stages, you pretty much break even with slight profit.

When you reach 350+ Slicing, you will see a huge difference when going on Rich / Bountiful Missions. Those are 30 minutes long. 1K - 3K Credits for 8K Credit return sometimes.

Or maybe he has a right to voice his concerns.

I for one agree. I have no idea how people were supposedly making a but load of cash with slicing. I know I sure havent been. The missions cost like 400cr and I get MAYBE 450 in the box. For a 6 minute mission lol.

Of course, all other crew skills crush your low cash earnings so much I guess slicing was a huge credit gain in comparison.

I'm pretty okay with this patch. Not a 10/10, but it is fine for a patch this early on.

Looking at how things have gone, there was a hotfix almost every other day during Early Access. The game has only been actually launched for about a week, and we already have a patch to fix many bugs. While, yes, I would like many of the annoyances that I've dealt with fixed, I haven't found anything that has truly made me go, "OH, GOD, THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE!" That includes when my Kira decided that she just didn't want to give anymore story quests, which isn't fixed for me, since it only fixed it for new Jedi Knights. Looking at that other game, World of Warcraft, that game is years old and just gotten a new content patch a little over a month ago now, and it is still suffering from bugs from that patch, not to mention how horribly buggy it was at launch. We haven't seen a major patch addressing these issues, only slightly easy to overlook hotfixes. You can blame it on complacency, but chances are both companies are working on triaging and fixing the issues in an order appropriate to their seriousness and how long it will take them to fix it.

If your issue isn't fixed, chances are that they either weren't able to fit it into this patch in favor of more important things or weren't able to meet the time constraint. I understand the bugs are frustrating, and I do find myself getting fairly annoyed at different bugs, but I trust that they'll fix it. I understand that they had the Beta and Early Access to see these problems, but, having a programmer background myself, I understand what they're going through. The coding in this game is massive in scale and finding and fixing the bug is a bit of a job in itself. Adding new code causes new bugs since your old code will never want to play friendly with the new code. Programming MMOs generally becomes a cluster**** of coding and bugs that you feel you'll never get out of. Anyways, if they're not making major progress within a month or two, I'll probably leave, but I don't see the point in bashing Bioware before then after they've given me many games that I've fell in love with and this game, bugs aside, is just horribly awesome in my opinion. Plus, this launch has gone shockingly smooth compared to other MMOs I've played at launch.

Anyways, I'm done with my rambling, and I really hope this doesn't incite too much hate back at me. I'm not a Bioware fanboy; I just think people should give them more than a week after launch to fix things.

Edited by Iamcodex

I'm pretty okay with this patch. Not a 10/10, but it is fine for a patch this early on. Looking at how things have gone, there was a hotfix almost every other day during Early Access. The game has only been actually launched for about a week, and we already have a patch to fix many bugs. While, yes, I would like many of the annoyances that I've dealt with fixed, I haven't found anything that has truly made me go, "OH, GOD, THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE!" That includes when my Kira decided that she just didn't want to give anymore story quests, which isn't fixed for me, since it only fixed it for new Jedi Knights. Looking at that other game, World of Warcraft, that game is years old and just gotten a new content patch a little over a month ago now, and it is still suffering from bugs from that patch. We haven't seen a major patch addressing these issues, only slightly easy to overlook hotfixes. You can blame it on complacency, but chances are both companies are working on triaging and fixing the issues in an order appropriate to their seriousness and how long it will take them to fix it. If your issue isn't fixed, chances are that they either weren't able to fit it into this patch in favor of more important things or weren't able to meet the time constraint. I understand the bugs are frustrating, and I do find myself getting fairly annoyed at different bugs, but I trust that they'll fix it. I understand that they had the Beta and Early Access to see these problems, but, having a programmer background myself, I understand what they're going through. The coding in this game is massive in scale and finding and fixing the bug is a bit of a job in itself. Adding new code causes new bugs since your old code will never want to play friendly with the new code. Programming MMOs generally becomes a cluster**** of coding and bugs that you feel you'll never get out of. Anyways, if they're not making major progress within a month or two, I'll probably leave, but I don't see the point in bashing Bioware before then after they've given me many games that I've fell in love with and this game, bugs aside, is just horribly awesome in my opinion. Plus, this launch has gone shockingly smooth compared to other MMOs I've played at launch. Anyways, I'm done with my rambling, and I really hope this doesn't incite too much hate back at me. I'm not a Bioware fanboy; I just think people should give them more than a week after launch to fix things.

I'm sorry mate, but could you use paragraphs? The post is not really inviting us to read it, regardless of how good the content may be.