The massive influx of players has begun!

SaerethDL

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have already seen "Knights of Ren" and "Grandfathers of Knights" and "Empire Order" and "First Empire" and "First Order" guilds pop up on The Ebon Hawk. So...there must be some coming already.

ya they came, subbed for a month finished all the content in 2 weeks, maxed out and optimized their gear and got board and left....well maybe it wasn't quite that fast, maybe a full month if they got there operation gear :p

SWTOR has been and always will be EU..NON-CANON....

with Disney shoving all EU stuff into "Legends" (SWTOR included) and keeping it seperate from their new "canon" (new books, movies, etc) did it ever occur to you geniuses that Disney may not be letting EA promote an EU property in their "new canon?"

Battlefront 3 is based off the new stuff, canon, that's why you may have seen it include things. SWTOR is NOT canon and is Legends (some would say "outside" of even legends..hence it's own thing) So really? really now?

I'd almost be willing to bet that's the case because otherwise it makes NO sense. I have plenty of negative things to say about the direction the devs have taken this game and it's many failings...but this is downright stupid, and only makes many forum goer's look really narrow minded and lacking in intelligence.

Also a big reason why JJ ditched Star Trek was because he wanted to monopolize the new movies with merchandise and do away with the old ToS stuff...Paramount/etc wouldn't let him...so he left. Disney already wants to segregate their owning of the property now by basically making the EU completely disconnected from anything that "really" happened in the SW Universe. Sounds to me like JJ's vision of merchandising fits right in with that and why you don't see any SWTOR tie-ins or advertising coinciding with the new film.

Use your brains for once people. The constant need to take jabs without any intelligent thought put into it is just downright pathetic.

SWTOR has been and always will be EU..NON-CANON....

with Disney shoving all EU stuff into "Legends" (SWTOR included) and keeping it seperate from their new "canon" (new books, movies, etc) did it ever occur to you geniuses that Disney may not be letting EA promote an EU property in their "new canon?"

Battlefront 3 is based off the new stuff, canon, that's why you may have seen it include things. SWTOR is NOT canon and is Legends (some would say "outside" of even legends..hence it's own thing) So really? really now?

I'd almost be willing to bet that's the case because otherwise it makes NO sense. I have plenty of negative things to say about the direction the devs have taken this game and it's many failings...but this is downright stupid, and only makes many forum goer's look really narrow minded and lacking in intelligence.

Also a big reason why JJ ditched Star Trek was because he wanted to monopolize the new movies with merchandise and do away with the old ToS stuff...Paramount/etc wouldn't let him...so he left. Disney already wants to segregate their owning of the property now by basically making the EU completely disconnected from anything that "really" happened in the SW Universe. Sounds to me like JJ's vision of merchandising fits right in with that and why you don't see any SWTOR tie-ins or advertising coinciding with the new film.

Use your brains for once people. The constant need to take jabs without any intelligent thought put into it is just downright pathetic.

I would agree but, here ya go...

Star Wars has come to Stormwind and Orgrimmar! Around 5:30 pm PST, the guards in Stormwind were equipped with blue lightsabers ( Very Light Sabre) and the guards in Orgrimmar were equipped with orange lightsabers ( Teebu's Blazing Longsword). http://www.wowhead.com/news=250387/city-guards-have-lightsabers-star-wars-references-in-wow-wod-digital-deluxe-item

LOL other games (MMO) have star wars EP7 themed events, but not SWTOR? give me a break dude

Edited by SaerethDL

Star Wars has come to Stormwind and Orgrimmar! Around 5:30 pm PST, the guards in Stormwind were equipped with blue lightsabers ( Very Light Sabre) and the guards in Orgrimmar were equipped with orange lightsabers ( Teebu's Blazing Longsword). http://www.wowhead.com/news=250387/city-guards-have-lightsabers-star-wars-references-in-wow-wod-digital-deluxe-item

LOL other games (MMO) have star wars EP7 themed events, but not SWTOR? give me a break dude

lol, yeah those are so far removed from actually looking like lightsabers not even George Lucas would sue over it... cheap and lazy in my opinion...

lol, yeah those are so far removed from actually looking like lightsabers not even George Lucas would sue over it... cheap and lazy in my opinion...

At least WoW got in the spirit and celebrated the return of Star Wars to the big screen. I think it's pretty neat.

Wow, who'd have thought that 5 days before christmas day, the servers would be dead. I mean, no one has anything better to do this time of year than play SWTOR, right? I agree that there's probably not going to be this massive influx of player due to #starwarshype, but it's a little unfair to base it on premature to start crying about the sky falling based on server/guild populations during the week leading up to christmas.

Wow, who'd have thought that 5 days before christmas day, the servers would be dead. I mean, no one has anything better to do this time of year than play SWTOR, right? I agree that there's probably not going to be this massive influx of player due to #starwarshype, but it's a little unfair to base it on premature to start crying about the sky falling based on server/guild populations during the week leading up to christmas.

I dont buy it, nobody said the sky was falling or that there was any less people online.. just no mass influx like people on the forums kept saying would happen.

I dont buy it, nobody said the sky was falling or that there was any less people online.. just no mass influx like people on the forums kept saying would happen.

What do you mean you don't buy it and nobody said the sky was falling? The sky is falling every single day to some posters on these forums.

eh.

When I'm wondering where my guildmates are, the true answer is they were out watching the movie.

Although, this being the holiday season, some people aren't able to log in, because kids, or changes in work schedule, or traveling, or... whatever else happens around Christmas.

I think that The Force Awakens is going to bring some traffic to the game, but probably not for a month or so.

eh.

When I'm wondering where my guildmates are, the true answer is they were out watching the movie.

Although, this being the holiday season, some people aren't able to log in, because kids, or changes in work schedule, or traveling, or... whatever else happens around Christmas.

I think that The Force Awakens is going to bring some traffic to the game, but probably not for a month or so.

I thought in September we would see more people (which we did but only temporary) but after KoTFE when I checked around end of October ish it felt like.... Well it felt Erie like, as if I was on a cruise ship that entered the Bermuda Triangle....

And yet, this cheap and lazy move in World of Warcraft celebrates the release of a new Star Wars movie in much more visible, meaningful way than anything happening in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Double XP in Kotfe era TOR is as exciting and relevant as Fridge in North Pole.

It truly is mind bending they timed nothing to happen in synch with the new movie. Their chapters are largely done. How did they not launch one with Force Awakens??:o

Edited by Stradlin

After watching this podcast with Snave having also swtor_miner as guest i got all my questions answered

They were so right on all aspects. The most interesting part for me started around after 30 minutes of podcast where they covered ALL things Bioware has done or impacted this game since 4.0

I even liked the miner idea about exploit and how it should have be done - revert accounts day or more back depending when they started exploit (those who saw video).

There is no question now why some people will stay with game and are happy how things are. That part was well said by Snave around 1h35m. I do wish Bioware had management team with same community thinking aspect as in that show. Game will be soon played by players who are happy just to have "lightsaber in their hands" and run around on planets and just look their characters. Others will move on.

Edited by Divona

After watching this podcast with Snave having also swtor_miner as guest i got all my questions answered

They were so right on all aspects. The most interesting part for me started around after 30 minutes of podcast where they covered ALL things Bioware has done or impacted this game since 4.0

I even liked the miner idea about exploit and how it should have be done - revert accounts day or more back depending when they started exploit (those who saw video).

There is no question now why some people will stay with game and are happy how things are. That part was well said by Snave around 1h35m. I do wish Bioware had management team with same community thinking aspect as in that show. Game will be soon played by players who are happy just to have "lightsaber in their hands" and run around on planets and just look their characters. Others will move on.

Thanks for linking this video as I really enjoyed it and I agree with most of the point that were discussed. It's just going to come down to the fact that people are going to run out of things to do and an hour of story (breadcrumbs) is just not going to be enough to hold a strong enough interest to keep this game relevant in the market. The game will become an interesting side detour from our real games every great once in a while and well of course the star wars fans might be enough to keep the lights on. The majority of people who play these games for the mmo elements will just move on to a game that offers them what they want.

Edited by Skaara

WoW always does stuff like that. Those "other" mmo's get around the copyrights under parody. SWTOR -IS- SW...what are they supposed to do? give NPC's lightsabers? oh, right...we already have Lightsabers.

It's not even close to the same thing. How do you parody SW in a SW game and not come across looking stupid? Why would they do that?

you give -me- a break, "dude." As I said, brain, use. thanks for playing though.

And yet, this cheap and lazy move in World of Warcraft celebrates the release of a new Star Wars movie in much more visible, meaningful way than anything happening in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Double XP in Kotfe era TOR is as exciting and relevant as Fridge in North Pole.

It truly is mind bending they timed nothing to happen in synch with the new movie. Their chapters are largely done. How did they not launch one with Force Awakens??:o

It's. A. Star. Wars. Game.

How do you "celebrate" Star Wars in A. Star. Wars. Game. redundant much?

think man...use that noggin.

Thanks for linking this video as I really enjoyed it and I agree with most of the point that were discussed. It's just going to come down to the fact that people are going to run out of things to do and an hour of story (breadcrumbs) is just not going to be enough...

I have already started to consider other options.

Whenever I sign into the game, I find myself signing right back out. Three out of four of my avatars have finished "KotFE". I am very bored. When I started to do the same with "STO", I ended up just quietly walking away.

"Knights of the Fallen Empire" is both fun and boring. Although it does have some interesting moments, the overall story, when considered as a whole, is very dull. Throughout my second and third play through, I found myself fighting to stay interested.

I am going to let my subscription lapse. Within eleven to twelve months, I might return to play the last portion of the story. I don't know. I am just very bored.

Edited by Linyivee