Did they break the GTN?

Callaron

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the GTN search function?

I've repeatedly tried searching for certain items now, and they simply don't show up, even though I -know- some of them are on there because I'm selling them. :p

Edited by Callaron

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been happening for awhile now (I suspect since 4.0). For example, I can list the Roche ?Scythe? (going from memory) but you can't search for it. If you do a category lookup, you will find it though. Makes it hard to sell stuff when search doesn't work for all items. Edited by smithre

You must be new here. Each time they "fix" something, they "unfix" something else, to "fix" it later again, while "unfixing" something else. Umatched QA and skill is required for this to happen.
It's called "make-work", and is hardly unique to BW. Like someone's trying to guarantee their own job.

the forum doomsayers and negative attitude ranters are out in force today. "im having issues so i guesseveryone is and they broken the game again " logic.

I don;t run into alot of things people claim to be broken ... I just checked search seemed to work fine for me .

then i tested trasactions and bought 10 mk-8 augment kits 5 single 5 grouped also worked fine

gtn1

gtn2

GTN search can't find:

Carbonic Crystals

Primordial Artifact Segments

Rubat Crystals

This list goes on.

I should clarify. If you just type "Carbonic crystal" in the name field and search, it won't find them. If you go through crafting material->archaeology->standard rarity then you can find them.

Edited by mrobviousinaz
Addition

I've only noticed this happening with the Roche Scyk mount that comes from the alliance crates.

Yes this has been happening for a while. I've been trying to get rid of the many I have - the problem with them too is the deposit seems to be higher than what (imo) they are worth.

It's been noticed. In my case it was rank 5 companion gifts not being searchable. They can be found via generic search but making a name search won't work. Still managed to sell some items that I put up an hour or so ago. I'll see how they sell or not when they expire.

GTN search can't find:

Carbonic Crystals

Primordial Artifact Segments

Rubat Crystals

This list goes on.

I should clarify. If you just type "Carbonic crystal" in the name field and search, it won't find them. If you go through crafting material->archaeology->standard rarity then you can find them.

So it's not on my end. Phew.

For me it was alacrity augment 40's. Even if I just searched for Alacrity alone, it didn't show them. But at least then it showed the lower versions available. I know I had it happen with something else before then too, but I originally attributed it to lag. =/

I started a thread in bug reports and made numerous bug reports ingame as I went through my items, but there are a ton.

Two more examples that were searchable by name on Monday but are not after latest patch: Darth Andeddu's Belt and Savanna Vorantikus.

The only workaround I've found if you're searching for these items yourself is to not enter anything in the search window and just use the drop down menus to narrow the search and then scroll through the pages.

For instance, I can find the Savanna Vorantikus mount I have currently posted by setting the search to mounts and then display by name alphabetically. Works with all of the items that are currently bugged that I've come across.

Obviously this is a pain to one degree or another depending on how much crap you have to scroll through to find what you are looking for, and the vast majority won't bother, so sales are going to slump as people just assume the thing they were looking for just isn't for sale.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

This has been happening for awhile now (I suspect since 4.0). For example, I can list the Roche ?Scythe? (going from memory) but you can't search for it. If you do a category lookup, you will find it though. Makes it hard to sell stuff when search doesn't work for all items.

Yeah, I've had trouble trying to find one of my Roche mounts. But to add to the list, rank 5 companion gifts. Courting, Luxury, Underworld,, and trophies aren't showing up.