Item Stack Resale Exploit

EricMusco

Some of you people really need to get off your high horse and take a second too consider reality

I have been a subscriber 4 years, since pre-launch

I used this bug a handful of time during a 1 hour window The last fat before fix after it had remained in game for over 7 weeks and over 2 since by was reported

It was my first offense if any kind in game

I did not vendor any items for credits , I did not trade any items, I didn't post anything for sale in ah or in trade

I used this to get 1 companion from 39-50 affection.

So a fair and just punishment is to remove 100% of anything I've earned during my entire duration playing this game, over 4 years of paid play?

If your friend or child made the mistake of stealing 1 candbar bow about you remove destroy everything he has review his entire life?

I'm all for my suspension, even removal of anything earned through this, maybe even my comms, but everything else is just insane

There are levels if involvement and punishment. Imagine if everyone was always punished the same regardless of involvement?

The guy who gets a noise violation gets the death penalty just like the guy who murdered??

If bioware and the community is really happy with this than good luck, enjoy your sinking ship and chasing off/removal of over 1000 subs when you have already fallen below 100k active subs

Maybe there is a reason why the earning from this game are in such dramatic decline(yes this was confirmed)

I would have stayed subbed till the bitter end because I love star wars and invested so much time and energy into this game

As it stands talk can all go .... ........

Ummmm... Boo freaking hoo. Shouldn't have exploited. You got what you deserved. If it was me, I would have taken everything in your account and reduced all your character levels to 1. And I would have made a title that was permanently shown on all characters saying your a cheater. I think you got off lightly.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I think this is unfair.

What's not fair is the fact that folks thought they could cheat/exploit their way into a significantly higher time investment position over the rest of the players. If you exploited take your punishment and learn from it. If you don't like the punishment go play ArchAge where they accept cheaters

Exploiters just stop,you knew what you did and debating this is beyond stupid,i made a post earlier where i said "What people are like this in psychology is sociopaths" that may be heavy etc but just look at the excuses flying about and all the "Why i only did it once" etc,,i do not know your ages but you sound like little children,personally i do not even like discussing this because i find the whole thing disturbing that so many would AGAIN use an exploit,,what does this say about this generation,i have read the stats of cheating among 18-25 year olds and it is off the charts compared to my Gen,Genxer's,,anyhow back on topic.

One thing that i have noticed in my fifteen years of playing MMO's is that the cheaters,exploiters are the worst of the MMO community,they even drive off other players,from the trolling,theft,name calling,harassment etc etc they are toxic to the MMO community,i have noticed the last few days the chat everywhere has been 1000% times better,people discussing the game and grouping etc,,not all the other that those anti social types do all day and night.

Personally,i would of banned you all and i am shocked ONCE again BW is letting you children get away with it,i bet those 500 were the easy ones and the gold spammers etc,,there is going to be many people that are going to get away with this Bs again and to me and others that is unacceptable.

We pay a sub,we play by the rules but have to endure the consequences of Bw and the exploiters,we just wish to play the damn game we are paying for with an equal footing and not have to deal with all these losers and yes many are in fact the stereotype that live in their parents basement or something,like i said i have played long enough and i know whom these people are so lets get that out of the way.

What gets me also is how you people play this "i am a victim" card and speak politely etc when you people are soo far away from that,i really do think many of you have some psych issues or something.

The damage you have done to the community has been done,it will not just correct over night,hell there is guys with GTN listing of 15 or more 10 mil decos etc,all the same,it is going to take a long time to shake out all these credits and like i said BW will let some slip through.

Sorry but you people that did this are pathetic,one guy over at dulfy said "hey man it's just a game dont get so worked up dude" he admitted to doing it and 300 million credits,i mean come on,yah it's just a game but the actions did so much,and how what i assume adults cannot see it is beyond me,,i am done discussing this but BW pisses me off just take credits etc and a three day ban.

By the way i have subbed since early release second wave and missed i think one month since then of being subbed,so.

Some of you people really need to get off your high horse and take a second too consider reality

I used this bug a handful of time during a 1 hour window The last fat before fix after it had remained in game for over 7 weeks and over 2 since by was reported

I did not vendor any items for credits , I did not trade any items, I didn't post anything for sale in ah or in trade

So a fair and just punishment is to remove 100% of anything I've earned during my entire duration playing this game, over 4 years of paid play?

If your friend or child made the mistake of stealing 1 candbar bow about you remove destroy everything he has review his entire life?

I'm all for my suspension, even removal of anything earned through this, maybe even my comms, but everything else is just insane

There are levels if involvement and punishment. Imagine if everyone was always punished the same regardless of involvement?

The guy who gets a noise violation gets the death penalty just like the guy who murdered??

If bioware and the community is really happy with this than good luck, enjoy your sinking ship and chasing off/removal of over 1000 subs when you have already fallen below 100k active subs

Maybe there is a reason why the earning from this game are in such dramatic decline(yes this was confirmed)

I would have stayed subbed till the bitter end because I love star wars and invested so much time and energy into this game

You are lucky,because like i said above i would do a one size fits all and banned you all,i know that may seem harsh to you but you know what? it would also be the easiest and right thing to do,splitting hairs on this is dumb,sorry for your loss of stuff somewhat, but hey you knew what you were doing and why should anyone believe you?

You can be sure many will actually quit this game than staying after suspensions. So its opposite of what Bioware maybe hopes that many will stay. So overall it got the effect and many will be leaving this game by themself.

Maybe, maybe not. Better than legit players leaving because the game is full with cheaters. I left AA because the game was full with them and TRIONs handling was a joke.

Edited by Neglience

For the love of every diety known to man, quit complaining you got punished for cheating and deal with the repercussions of your choice. No one forced you to cheat, you did it because you wanted to do it. No amount of attempted rationalizating will change that.

They took stuff you "earned legitimately"? Well, try looking at court cases, people are fined and have aditional assets seized all the time when caught and convicted. (Tax fraud, et cetera)

Once again, you -chose- to cheat. Any results of your chosen cheating are all on you.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

The real reason why the devs are taking all credits, and coms from each account is because they don't have the time, capability, or resources to suss out the legitimate from the illegitimate gains. They have simply resorted to blanket removal largely because there are not many employees left. Hell, they out sourced all of CS not long ago, and made most of it automated canned auto responders. So yeah, keep banning accounts devs, cause you are basically removing yourself out of a job.

Yer - those people who exploited only did it for a few thousand credits and a few companion gifts right?

So say you have earned 2.5 Billion over the last year through crafting, GTN, and playing. You get swept up in the crime wave and proceed to exploit 2 million credits. And the devs not only remove the 2 million and other gains, but all of your 2.5 Billion, and that's okay? All I see is more people quiting as a result which causes a real loss of revenue in both subs and cartel purchases. The devs have already perma banned themselves out of a $100K+ profit a year. Again the punishment is way too harsh, but as we all know, Bioware is incompetent at doing anything other than extremes.

Ummmm... Boo freaking hoo. Shouldn't have exploited. You got what you deserved. If it was me, I would have taken everything in your account and reduced all your character levels to 1. And I would have made a title that was permanently shown on all characters saying your a cheater. I think you got off lightly.

Fair enough, next time you speed 1 mile over the speed limit, lets just break your legs and burn your house down, fair enough?

So say you have earned 2.5 Billion over the last year through crafting, GTN, and playing. You get swept up in the crime wave and proceed to exploit 2 million credits. And the devs not only remove the 2 million and other gains, but all of your 2.5 Billion, and that's okay? All I see is more people quiting as a result which causes a real loss of revenue in both subs and cartel purchases. The devs have already perma banned themselves out of a $100K+ profit a year. Again the punishment is way too harsh, but as we all know, Bioware is incompetent at doing anything other than extremes.

Except that at least from my subjective viewpoint. The folks that got hit with the perma ban did more like 2.5 billion + in exploited credits. Heck a lot of folks, that I encounter on voip servers who got a 10 minute ban only exploited for 100 million

As i said before, dont do the crime if you dont want to be punished. People get fined and assets siezed in the real workd for being stupid, same applies here.

Dont want to lose your credits? Dont do anything stupid to risk losing them.

You -chose- to be stupid, the only person held accountable for that is you.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

As i said before, dont do the crime if you dont want to be punished. People get fined and assets siezed in the real workd for being stupid, same applies here.

Dont want to lose your credits? Dont do anything stupid to risk losing them.

You -chose- to be stupid, the only person held accountable for that is you.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be accountable, but we are talking about issues like throwing a kid in jail for life cause he stole a candybar. It is just absurd.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be accountable, but we are talking about issues like throwing a kid in jail for life cause he stole a candybar. It is just absurd.

We're talking considerably more then a candy bar here. Hypothetical case, we say that 1 million is equal to $3 USD

The folks that got off with the lightest bans utilized the exploit for a minimal of 100 million credits + quite a few stacks of companion gifts. (Yes, this is totally subjective based on who I've chatted with)

So we're talking $300 USD right there.

If you have anything left, can I have it? Your tears are incredible but I desire more.

Edited by Makillda