Angry previous swtor player unsubbing now.

Lickshadow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a big difference between unnecessary grind that has missions that can be done repeatedly and content that is "replayable" in the sense that it is actually enjoyable to do so.

most of the people complaining though are complaning about the lack of new ops, content you run over and over and over in a grind too.

Been subbed on star wars the old repulic sense launch.. unsubbing now because of lack of content updates.. or should i say no content update what so ever... I'am sure that people share the same thoughts as me.. Anyhow thanks for my time Bioware.

seriously - How was it being frozen in carbonite these past 8 weeks?:rak_02:

I unsubbed when Rise of the Hutt Cartel was announced. I hate Hutts. I hate things related to Hutts. When GSF was announced, I came back. Enjoyed GSF, but don't touch it these days. I did finally play Makeb and really enjoyed it. Wow. Surprise.

Uhm. What?

most of the people complaining though are complaning about the lack of new ops, content you run over and over and over in a grind too.

Ops are generally fun to do over and over if you have a consistent raid group that can progress through the harder difficulties- as long as you're not stuck with the same operations for a year. Min/maxing your gear from the HMs and NiMs was always a bit grindy, but doing the operations themselves was fun.

There's a big difference between unnecessary grind that has missions that can be done repeatedly and content that is "replayable" in the sense that it is actually enjoyable to do so.

Ops are generally fun to do over and over if you have a consistent raid group that can progress through the harder difficulties- as long as you're not stuck with the same operations for a year. Min/maxing your gear from the HMs and NiMs was always a bit grindy, but doing the operations themselves was fun.

Thing is, that "big difference" between what is an "unnecessary grind" and what is "enjoyable" - and where you're saying re-running Ops are generally fun - is completely subjective.

I am not saying that you, or anyone else, shouldn't be giving BW feedback on just what you personally find fun, or agitating to see more of it in the game if they want to keep your sub. By all means, let them know what you like and the direction you want to see that game take. Just don't be surprised if some of us don't draw the line between what's enjoyable vs unnecessarily grindy somewhat differently than you do.

I find the current KotFE grind of Heroics and SF no more grindy than the grind of Daily Areas and Ops that we had before.

Edited by DarthDymond

I find the current KotFE grind of Heroics and SF no more grindy than the grind of Daily Areas and Ops that we had before.

There are two problems with this. The first is that the current grind is 100% recycled material that we've all already grinded on before. The second is that Ops are endgame grouped content- the thing that MMOs have always put forth as the real challenging (pve) content. Daily areas will always be terrible.

Sure debunked my entire post by using the denotation meaning and a checklist.

1. Sorry a paying customer doesn't approve the length and is entitled because they have a negative opinion on the game. "Group stuff" is important the game as it adds replay ability, multiple things to strive for, and can add new purpose to players wanting to play.

2. People perceive things differently, and most sane people would see this is a terrible grind not worth the effort and only capped for achievements. This also requires you to do 4 year old recycled content which I find to be tedious in the first place, and its downright disgusting people would defend Bioware trying to make 4 year old content the ONLY WAY to progress in alliance. There's a difference between making old content relevant, and making it the new focus.

3.True fact is not true. Please show me where the devs mentioned they are going to raise the crafting level to 550, and that there giving 228 gear. Yeah... that's in within a few months with no actual repeatable meaningful content, just stuff to do pre 4.0, and after a newly released expansion from a month ago, this should not be the case. Players shouldn't be force to run year old content or more when they just released a "expansion" last month.

4. Again, you're only using the denotation of the subject at hand. Problem is the sub rewards should be incentive to subscribe for new content, they should give new content, and just make sub rewards like a extra cherry on top.

5. Please show me a game that has delivered far less content on release for a expansion, and then require you to pay more in the future for that expansion. They made a DLC for a DLC.

6. At times, this can be true, but people like you mistake anything negative about the game when there trying to give constrictive criticism and just call them a whiner and over self entitled. .

Here is some cheese ... these are all just opinions you didn't disprove anything you just whined you didn't like the facts present...... Debunked post is still debunked

1. Devs release an expansion barely a month ago
  2. Expansion includes an alliance system that has more replayable content than any of the other expansions
  3. Devs announce that within a few months, we will be getting content updates every single month...providing new storylines, gear, companions, crafting levels, and potentially more
  4. Devs announce a subscriber rewards program to give players who stay subscribed unique opportunities, as a "thank you" for supporting the game
  5. Devs make all of this available to subscribers for FREE, while other MMOs charge up to $60 for expansions with far less content, and far less content updates
  6. People on the forums still find a way to complain and show their overwhelming sense of self-entitlement

This truly is the most blinkered drivel I have yet to read on this forum.

^^ most of the people complaining about recycled material .... "conveniently skip over " the fact hat once you do an ops once it becomes "recycled" and "grind" to . in other words ...Double standard.

^^ most of the people complaining about recycled material .... "conveniently skip over " the fact hat once you do an ops once it becomes "recycled" and "grind" to . in other words ...Double standard.

No, completing an operation does not make it recycled. Content becomes recycled when it was introduced in an earlier version of the game, then tied into the mechanics of a later version of the game. This is different from actually making new content.

Talk to anyone who's beaten an apex operation boss at tier- they'll tell you that doing it again with their group does not feel like a grind. It feels like a grind once it's on "farm," everyone on the team has min/maxed gear from the instance, and there's no longer a challenge in completing it. That usually takes several months.

No, completing an operation does not make it recycled. Content becomes recycled when it was introduced in an earlier version of the game, then tied into the mechanics of a later version of the game. This is different from actually making new content.

Talk to anyone who's beaten an apex operation boss at tier- they'll tell you that doing it again with their group does not feel like a grind. It feels like a grind once it's on "farm," everyone on the team has min/maxed gear from the instance, and there's no longer a challenge in completing it. That usually takes several months.

1 yes well you just proven you live in your own reality and have re- written the definition of "recycled" to fit your own needs ....LOL

2 yes talk to ops player regarding if ops is a grind or not .......[sarcasm] yea great point you really got me there [/sarcasm]

why don't we go as group of vegans for their views on meat while we are at it?

what you posted is still the definition of a grind your doing basically one instance over an over again..... you just proved my point....again......

.i rather go though all 9 chapters expansions bonus series daily and weekly alot more variety there...

Edited by _NovaBlast_

yes talk to ops player regarding if ops is a grind or not .......[sarcasm] yea great point you really got me there [/sarcasm]

what you posted is still the definition of a grind your doing basically one instance over an over again..... you just proved my point....again...... ..i rather go though all 9 chapters expansions bonus series daily and weekly alot more variety there...

It isn't a grind if people have fun doing it. A lot of mmo players have fun doing ops- even over and over again. If you have fun doing the same dailies and weeklies over and over again, then that's fine- it's not a grind for you. But I would venture a guess and say that most people find dailies to feel like a grind.

It isn't a grind if people have fun doing it. A lot of mmo players have fun doing ops- even over and over again. If you have fun doing the same dailies and weeklies over and over again, then that's fine- it's not a grind for you. But I would venture a guess and say that

we are all mmo players ....mmo is the environment not the content......

most people find dailies to feel like a grind.

Traslation..... "most players are here for ops and fp "

show me your raw statistics that have lead you to that conclusion ...please don't just pot to the whiners on this forum....

Edited by _NovaBlast_

we are all mmo players ....mmo is the environment not the content......

Traslation..... "most players are here for ops and fp "

If doing dailies over and over is fun for you, are you happy that the only new thing you got in that department in 4.0 was Star Fortress?

edit: you keep editing your posts after I've already replied to them.

Edited by UTlNNl

Been subbed on star wars the old repulic sense launch.. unsubbing now because of lack of content updates.. or should i say no content update what so ever... I'am sure that people share the same thoughts as me.. Anyhow thanks for my time Bioware.

Goodbye,

If you want frequent content updates you can try WoW.

Oh wait..

If doing dailies over and over is fun for you, are you happy that the only new thing you got in that department in 4.0 was Star Fortress?

edit: you keep editing your posts after I've already replied to them.

or you repy as i am editing ....

why do do you think dallies and weeklies are the only content .... I still have many other s to get to and though kofe

or you repy as i am editing ....

why do do you think dallies and weeklies are the only content .... I still have many other s to get to and though kofe

Don't reply until you've finished writing what you plan to say?

You said on page 4:

.i rather go though all 9 chapters expansions bonus series daily and weekly alot more variety there...

I gathered from this that you play for the story, dailies, and weeklies.

I disagree with those posts :) but just to prove a point .......

1 the fact is they did release an expansion -- some are just whiny and entitled becase they don't approve of the length and or because it doesn't include "group stuff"

2 true fact is true

3 True fact is true ..... Again.... starting February is more repeatable content .... some people simply like t o redefine the term repeatable to mean " only group stuff"

4 I don't personally like the hk-55 stuff but that doesn't invalidate his point is a fact.

5 And yes the content is "free to subscribers" --- meaning we don't have to pay anything more than normal

Not simply "free"

6 Most defiantly true ..

Looks like i just debunked your whole post ..... :)

1. For an MMO, this is by no means an expansion. This is recycled content with a marginal amount of story content added. I had way more content to do in 1 expansion in The Witcher 3 compared to this game which is supposedly an MMO. If you look at any other MMO that is worthy of mentioning, their expacs trump what was released here ten fold for the money spent.

2. The Alliance system is a grind fest of doing old heroics that have been in the game for 4 years now (recycled content). Not to mention, I would /wrists doing it on more than one character to get alliance maxed out.

3. So, you are saying that per month, while we pay $15 to get each new chapter, we will be getting what, maybe a total of 5 hours more of story content while they release the remaining chapters? Spending an extra $90+ in subs on the new chapters for maybe 4-5 hours of content? That seems like a great investment. If they at least released group content, that would take more than an afternoon to complete and doesn't get old doing it once over.

4. Those "subscriber rewards" are merely a carrot to keep people subbed until they release their short content patches each month. It makes the sheltered people like you feel as though they are getting their money's worth.

5. It is by no means free. I don't know what "paying anything MORE THAN NORMAL" means to you but that sentence demonstrates there is a cost somewhere, whether its direct(paying for the content) or indirect(via sub cost). And at least when I spend $40-50 on a new expac for a different MMO, there is more than 5 hours of story and a ton of recycled content to do. If you think about it, this is more expensive. Trickling the tiny amount of content little by little and eating your money every month.

6. There is no self entitlement or whining. People are voicing their opinions (which are completely valid). The problem is that the die hard fans like you that will stand by this game and behind Bioware for every stupid decision they make don't want to see the truth. Whether you want to see the truth or not is up to you. No one is forcing you to see it, just like no one is forcing us to pay or play the game. But eventually when more and more people realize the truth and you have dead servers maybe it might start to flicker a lightbulb.

You have proved absolutely nothing. On the other hand, lets all go to the next MMO and cry about more solo content and ruin that game further too. /sarcasm

1. For an MMO, this is by no means an expansion. This is recycled content with a marginal amount of story content added. I had way more content to do in 1 expansion in The Witcher 3 compared to this game which is supposedly an MMO. If you look at any other MMO that is worthy of mentioning, their expacs trump what was released here ten fold for the money spent.

2. The Alliance system is a grind fest of doing old heroics that have been in the game for 4 years now (recycled content). Not to mention, I would /wrists doing it on more than one character to get alliance maxed out.

3. So, you are saying that per month, while we pay $15 to get each new chapter, we will be getting what, maybe a total of 5 hours more of story content while they release the remaining chapters? Spending an extra $90+ in subs on the new chapters for maybe 4-5 hours of content? That seems like a great investment. If they at least released group content, that would take more than an afternoon to complete and doesn't get old doing it once over.

4. Those "subscriber rewards" are merely a carrot to keep people subbed until they release their short content patches each month. It makes the sheltered people like you feel as though they are getting their money's worth.

5. It is by no means free. I don't know what "paying anything MORE THAN NORMAL" means to you but that sentence demonstrates there is a cost somewhere, whether its direct(paying for the content) or indirect(via sub cost). And at least when I spend $40-50 on a new expac for a different MMO, there is more than 5 hours of story and a ton of recycled content to do. If you think about it, this is more expensive. Trickling the tiny amount of content little by little and eating your money every month.

6. There is no self entitlement or whining. People are voicing their opinions (which are completely valid). The problem is that the die hard fans like you that will stand by this game and behind Bioware for every stupid decision they make don't want to see the truth. Whether you want to see the truth or not is up to you. No one is forcing you to see it, just like no one is forcing us to pay or play the game. But eventually when more and more people realize the truth and you have dead servers maybe it might start to flicker a lightbulb.

You have proved absolutely nothing. On the other hand, lets all go to the next MMO and cry about more solo content and ruin that game further too. /sarcasm

" For an MMO, this is by no means an expansion." --- right there you are not even worth replying to .....MMO is the environment not a type of game and not the content.

By definition MMO does not mean group content is "required" to be a "mmo" only multiple users in the same environment.

You failed to provide any facts ...this is all opinion and as i point out one example above ....partially "factually" wrong

sooo....

Here is some cheese ... these are all just opinions you didn't disprove anything you just whined you didn't like the facts present...... Debunked post is still debunked

All group content players want is at least 1 new ops a year 2 would be even better. No one is saying don't do all the other stuff they have done as well.

And as for all the people being vocal about the issue, they and myself are just concerned about the long term health of the game and the long term health of a lot of our guilds more importantly.

If you are seriously comparing Fallen Empire to a paid expansion in other games, I'm going to have to sit here and laugh at you. An expansion in WoW would typically include at least six 5-man instances, numerous world bosses including a couple of raid-level ones, 4+ raids, several daily hubs and an entirely new continent to explore, most of which is available at the launch of the expansion with some of it being introduced in patches.

The only other MMO I play that has a f2p option is DCUO. Each DLC has ALWAYS been free to subs (unlike Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadows of Revan) and even the new monthly episodes include more content than Fallen Empire has so far. Every three months, they introduce two 8-man operations (one of them with an Elite version), two duos, a four-man alert (with an Elite version) and a piece of solo content. Compare that with what SWTOR has introduced in the last year.

At least the story is interesting the first couple of times we play through it, right?

These expansions comes wht.....once a year?