Why did it have to be called "The Alliance"?

Freyjawulf

Because all of your suggestions would imply there are member states of the organization, when the Alliance is comprised of a bunch of turncoats, mercenaries, and affiliates of major factions, but no actual representation of them. It has individuals part of other factions, such as the Republic, Empire, and Hutt Cartel, but those factions themselves are not members of the Alliance, nor is the Alliance a governing body. Edited by Rodyn

Because all of your suggestions would imply there are member states of the organization, when the Alliance is comprised of a bunch of turncoats, mercenaries, and affiliates of major factions, but no actual representation of them. It has individuals part of other factions, such as the Republic, Empire, and Hutt Cartel, but those factions themselves are not members of the Alliance, nor is the Alliance a governing body.

Coalition: A coalition is a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action, each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause.

Let's call it "The Fellowship of Oddessen"

It could be part of a bigger story called "The Lord of Oddessen" It can be a trilogy, part 2 and 3 would be called "The Two Empires" and "The Return of The Emperor"

Totally original idea, i swear.

why dose it matter? I mean they can call it "Mustard across the Knees of Space"

You'll just arguing semantics. The logic is? It just doesn't matter........

Of course it doesn't matter...I said that in my post, well sort of. Everyone is so serious!

Let's call it "The Fellowship of Oddessen"

It could be part of a bigger story called "The Lord of Oddessen" It can be a trilogy, part 2 and 3 would be called "The Two Empires" and "The Return of The Emperor"

Totally original idea, i swear.

ROTFL!!! I like it!!

Coalition: A coalition is a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action, each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause.

Sure is. But what would calling it the "Coalition" instead do?

I mean, it kinda sounds cooler,

Edited by Rodyn

Because Ragtag Group of Ragamuffins just didn't have the same ring to it.

Also, precedent. Star Wars already has an Alliance, just like it has had a number of incarnations of Republics and Empires. It's already part of the SW lexicon.

Not being an expert on EU Lore, I'm confused as to why the word Alliance is a bad thing?

It isn't, from a Star Wars perspective. The big "Alliance" is the Rebel Alliance.

I think the complaint is coming from an anti-Warcraft stance, because of the two main factions, the Alliance and the Horde.

because a long tim ago, in a far far away galaxy, the evil empire is ruling the galaxy with an iron fist. The the rebel alliance is hidding on a forsaken world, gathering their strength to strike a decisive blow to the empire.

Funny it comes in full circle. Only missing a Death Star now with a massive engineering weakness in the shape of an exhaust vent leading straight to the reactor core, and an equally massive security oversight of protecting that exhaust with only a handful of turret.

I totally came up with that, 100% original.