Today is the day

Fardarter

We get to see what the "action items" are concerning companions. I for one would like to see a nice measured approach, after all it was a hatched jobs that blew up the forums in the first place.

I would also like to see out of combat regen increased by about 100x. Stopping to med up is such a dated mechanic, it never should have made it into the game at launch. Even Everquest has essentially made it obsolete and they invented sitting and doing nothing waiting to regenerate.

Anyways, can't wait to see what they came up with. Hopefully they have something creative that can address the concerns of as many players as possible.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This should help :rak_07:

sensible

adjective sen·si·ble \ˈsen(t)-sə-bəl\

having or showing good sense or judgment

: having, containing, or indicative of good sense or reason : rational, reasonable <sensible people> <made a sensible answer>

incremental

adjective in·cre·men·tal \ˌiŋ-krə-ˈmen-təl, ˌin-\

: of, relating to, being, or occurring in especially small increments <incremental additions> <incremental change>

quality assurance

noun

: the activity of checking goods or services to make sure that they are good

: a program for the systematic monitoring and evaluation of the various aspects of a project, service, or facility to ensure that standards of quality are being met

Unfortunately, I am concerned that the post today will be vague, posted at the last minute, before they leave the building, and will irritate all sides of the issue.

Although your "downtime" thoughts are reasonable, they do involve Dev work and monetary expenditures, which will never be done. :confused:

I would also like to see out of combat regen increased by about 100x. Stopping to med up is such a dated mechanic, it never should have made it into the game at launch.

It's the best thing in this game. Now you have to learn or you die trying. Exactly what it is intended for. One player even got almost kicked from group because DS Sentinel thought it would be fun to be "the guy" by not using out-of-combat-regen item/ability and almost got tank kicked from tactical.

Edited by Halinalle

It's the best thing in this game. Now you have to learn or you die trying. Exactly what it is intended for. One player even got almost kicked from group because DS Sentinel thought it would be fun to be "the guy" by not using out-of-combat-regen item/ability and almost got tank kicked from tactical.

Sigh, another tedious L2P post. And rather unintelligible at that.

Dev's trick for ingenuous players:

Planned nerf = 50%

STAGE 1: Nerf 75%. Wait for riots.

STAGE 2: say that they have listened to players and promise buffs

STAGE 3: Buff 75%

************** Pre 4.02: 100

************** - 75% nerf: 25 (100 - 0.75*100)

************** + 75% reverse nerf : 44 (25 + 0.75*25)

Overall, 56% nerf

And most of the ppl so happy because they think they have won forcing devs to reverse the nerf.

Edited by Pirindolo

My prediction is something along the lines of a buff multiplier that ties into the companions new influence rating. Possibly making the higher levels, 20+, more powerful than they are now.

Imagine a line graph starting at 0,0 and with a progression at 45 degrees going up and out. Maybe make that 70 degrees now.

Changes under 20 seem minor, but as you get out closer to 50, the changes are much more dramatic.

That's what I'd like to see.

Out of curiosity I started a new toon on a new server yesterday and by the time I was done with the second planet Corso was at influence 9 with just affection item drops and story chat.

Well here's my guess...

10% buff to healing companions, 15-20$ buff to damage companions, and tank companions have the damage mitigation fixed.

Some former 4H will be a bit more adjusted adjusted to suit 2H

A re-affirmation the SF 2H are supposed to be done by 2 players and their companions and expect you will know how to play properly.

Some companions will have further balancing as they are not all performing at the same level, this will be monitored and adjusted over a period of time.

"we are happy to report that the cleaners have been in to clear corpses, this SHOULD reduce lag some are experiencing"

Fixed an issue with Repairs not working properly providing everyone with a risk cost free environment

anyway off to bed, be interesting reading in the morning for sure.

And most of the ppl so happy because they think they have won forcing devs to reverse the nerf.

Nerf was closer to 60% than rumored 75%.

Companion healing needs a buff but it's not big, 5-10% max.

If the nerf was 60% like some players have estimated then 5-10% buff would not be too much. That would be still 50+% nerf overall compared to pre-4.0.2.

Nerf was closer to 60% than rumored 75%.

Companion healing needs a buff but it's not big, 5-10% max.

If the nerf was 60% like some players have estimated then 5-10% buff would not be too much. That would be still 50+% nerf overall compared to pre-4.0.2.

Nerf was 75% for a rank 1 influence companion. Numbers are numbers. Closer to 60% at influence rank 50.

From 16k heals to 3,8 heals. And now you are saying that a 10% 380 more healing for a total of 4.1k is enough???

Once again: it is not a matter of "doability". It's a matter of fun. The longer the time you spend grinding heroics, the less fun you have. Whoever needs a challenge when doing heroics or star fortresses alone, do it without companions, or naked, if you feel better like that,

Edited by Pirindolo

Nerf was 75% for a rank 1 influence companion. Numbers are numbers. Closer to 60% at influence rank 50.

From 16k heals to 3,8 heals. And now you are saying that a 10% 380 more healing for a total of 4.1k is enough???

Once again: it is not a matter of "doability". It's a matter of fun. The longer the time you spend grinding heroics, the less fun you have. Whoever needs a challenge when doing heroics or star fortresses alone, do it without companions, or naked, if you feel better like that,

Sadly with level sync, you can do Heroics nearly naked (equip a weapon and a few left side non-gear slots) and have nearly the same stats (same HP, same base damage / mastery, would lose acc / crit / alac from your gear).

Planned nerf = 50%

Overall, 56% nerf

How many do you think knew that before you posted it?

The smartest thing to do, IMO, is to make rank 50 companions work like rank 20 did pre-nerf, and make rank 1 companions perform like rank 50's do now (or maybe 20).

Bottom line, I agree with most that scaling based on influence seems like the smartest way to go about it, that way people can choose their own power level. People keep talking about wanting a toggle switch or a slider, well... influence is that switch/slider.

Bioware, doo eeet!

I would also like to see out of combat regen increased by about 100x. Stopping to med up is such a dated mechanic,.

What in the name of the Dark Side ...?!

This is beyond scrubness. Now people are too lazy to press buttons in order to heal after they take damage in an mmorpg. I didn't think i would live to see the day.

/deep sigh

Edited by Kaedusz

Not concerned anymore really. We are talking about heroics and star fortresses. Content that was soloable for most competent people after the nerf. Those who are incapable are getting some needed help.

Those who were in the pro-nerf (myself included, still am) we don't lose anything in this. This is content that doesn't affect us, its not like these people are going to do anything harder because that requires players. These players still can't do hard content, so who cares if they can squeak by on heroics and star fortresses.

If companions are OP again where they can replace players in flashpoints then they will get nerfed again, simple enough.

Everyone wins.

BUT

I still see some crying tomorrow and that will be fun to watch. "WAHH THE GAME IS STILL TOO HARD." :rak_02:

*BioWare reconstitutes about 56-70% of your companions' health capability*

*players rejoice*

*BioWare stealthily increases the difficulty of bosses and mobs*

*players continue on not knowing what happened*

Within four days from now, my subscription is set to expire.

*puts finger on 'uninstall' button*

Unless I see something rationale, I am most likely going to leave.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by Linyivee

What in the name of the Dark Side ...?!

This is beyond scrubness. Now people are too lazy to press buttons in order to heal after they take damage in an mmorpg. I didn't think i would live to see the day.

/deep sigh

Never going to happen thank god. The devs cave in for the special snowflake crowd so much, but I don't think they would go this far. It takes what, 5 seconds to regenerate your health? Maybe 10 seconds if you are really bad in between fights. If reducing that time is a dev priority. . .I think I might die a little inside

Planned nerf = 50%

Overall, 56% nerf

Problem is, some of the damage has been done. Some people are gone and aren't coming back. I still think this was an absolutely idiotic move by the devs. They should have implemented a 10-20% downward adjustment in companion stats to start with, instead of their usual heavy handed bull ****. They completely dropped the ball with this and have no one but themselves to blame for any loss of revenue over it.