Return of OP companions = cancelling subscription

AsarAnchti

I don't think the companions are going to be back at their previous state (pre-patch). I get the feeling that there will be a middle ground, in a bid to satisfy most people on both sides. Bringing companions to 2/3 effectiveness of the pre-patch state, perhaps.

The companions are supposed to count as the #2 in 'heroics 2' to be able to solo them, and the current nerf does not make this true for all heroics. Therefore, I agree with a move to improve companion combat ability from its current state.

I know this feels a bit like clogging a dead horse, but I'll try.

Eric did say that heroics were supposed to be hard and that companions will only fill in if the person is experienced and properly geared,

So yes, they are possible to solo, but that doesn't mean every man and his dog are supposed to be able to them in whatever gear they gave to hand x

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that if you really wanted a challenge you could have created a self imposed one, we can't bring our companions back to pre 4.0.2...

Your problem has a solution that can be implemented by the players, ours did not, it's really not the same.

But if you feel having to change your play style to gain back what you lost is reason enough to leave I can understand that.

I could recommend GW2 and TERA as action based MMOs that can be challenging even in solo content, plenty of group content that is harder them hard as well, gl!

exactly, here he has a choice, whereas 4.0.2 did not give us a choice...

you can play the game like you wish, why is that a problem, if you insist that everyone else needs to play the game the way you want, then it's not right. I do not know how else to make you understand.

Even though I am aware that BW have said that they are going to change companions and would post on Monday what those changes will be.

So in that case saying they are now OP is wrong as we don't know what the changes are yet. You may well be right but until it happens we wont know. BW saying a change is coming is not the same as saying they are going back to what they were at the stat of 4.0. Personally I hope it some where in between. Given BW's past history I understand your concern but to early for this kind of thread.

I do find it amazing though that when some players were complaining about the nerf we got the defenders of said nerf saying things like:-

A. why start a new thread when lots already out.

B. Don't be a cry-baby.

C. Can I have your stuff.

D. Throwing a tantrum is pathetic and so on.

Funny how the worm turns isn't it.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Eric did say that heroics were supposed to be hard and that companions will only fill in if the person is experienced and properly geared,

So yes, they are possible to solo, but that doesn't mean every man and his dog are supposed to be able to them in whatever gear they gave to hand x

If your dog can solo, say, 'The Viper's Nest' heroic on Makeb, I believe a fair amount of milk-bones are in order. :D

Edited by AztecSoul

All I'm seeing is "Bla Bla Bla I'm a whiny b*tch". Your prob is easy to fix, don't summon your companion or uncheck some or all abilities. Keep pvp to non companion areas. I liked my godlike companions because I hated getting ganked when leveling alts . It was annoying and I had things to do which didn't include dealing with a bunch of roving ******s.

Perhaps it was a bad idea rolling on a PvP server?

Perhaps it was a bad idea rolling on a PvP server?

Perhaps learn to kill companions in PvP, I didn't have an issue and my companions were never even buffed up to influence 50, not to mention my legacy isn't all that with only 1600 presence on my main. Interrupt and stuns my friend, and remember that companion has crap for expertise compared to you if you are in PvP gear.

The problem was not that the game is not challenge or stuff like that, its just that the game was NEVER challenging, it was just the companions that just utterly sucked, pre-4.0, the tank companions, while being able to maintain aggro like a tank, tended to die as a dps....fast.

The DPS companions, while they do a decent amount of dps, died WAY too fast, the healer companions were the only ones worth using, since they hardly ever got hurt, but their healing were meh and nothing to talk home about, but in 4.0, i could use the tank mode or healer mode, depending on my chasses' needs, like a sage or sorcerer would need a tank and be confident that the tank would survive the fight, but considering how crap they are now, thanks for the 4.0.2 patch, i have reverted back to just using the companions in heal mode, even with the squishy sorcerer/sage classes.

I honestly don't see what the issue was for the 4.0 companion's power, it never ruined the challenging part of the game.......endgame group content *aka Ops and HM flashpoints, all this solo stuff, allowed me to learn my class and its rotation with a zero stress enviroment, just like how the solo mode flashpoints (which alot of players were against) it allowed me to learn the tactics to a degree without the stress of other players crying like little *****es when they died.

So overall, i hope they really do revert back to 4.0 companion power.

He said the planet heroics were supposed to be 'Medium'. Seeing as you feel they are hard, that shows that even for you they aren't hitting their suggested levels.

Except that if you really wanted a challenge you could have created a self imposed one, we can't bring our companions back to pre 4.0.2...

Your problem has a solution that can be implemented by the players, ours did not, it's really not the same.

But if you feel having to change your play style to gain back what you lost is reason enough to leave I can understand that.

I could recommend GW2 and TERA as action based MMOs that can be challenging even in solo content, plenty of group content that is harder them hard as well, gl!

you misunderstand him. he doesnt want to change HIS challenge. He wants to decide YOUR challenge. running other peoples lives is his lifes work.

you misunderstand him. he doesnt want to change HIS challenge. He wants to decide YOUR challenge. running other peoples lives is his lifes work.

Yeah, I always found that argument ironic:

"I don't want to dismiss my companion or turn off skills, I want to play the game as it is designed."

But they really didn't want to play the game around how it was designed, they wanted to design the game around how they play.

Which does f***-all about all the other problems it creates. Stop claiming that your game is ruined and while you do everything possible to break it for everyone else.

LOL you broke the game complaining about OP companions when all you had to do was take your lazy finger and unselect the op companion skill to make it harder for you, or put the companion on passive. Guess you couldnt manage it if you need to know how I will give you a full page description on how to operate your mouse, it even has a section for coloring so even you will be able to understand it.

Edited by Fallensouls

This has finally made me unsub to the game.

Buffing companions when they don't need it is the end of this. The game was starting to get much more social with people grouping and asking for help. Now it will go back to the days of people running around with a pretend friend in order to give them god mode. Really I don't see this lasting too much longer unless new ops are put in, crit is dialed down, and classes like Sniper/Slinger get nerfed.

All I'm seeing is "Bla Bla Bla I'm a whiny b*tch". Your prob is easy to fix, don't summon your companion or uncheck some or all abilities. Keep pvp to non companion areas. I liked my godlike companions because I hated getting ganked when leveling alts . It was annoying and I had things to do which didn't include dealing with a bunch of roving ******s.
if you hate pvp, why are you on a pvp server?

This has finally made me unsub to the game.

Buffing companions when they don't need it is the end of this. The game was starting to get much more social with people grouping and asking for help. Now it will go back to the days of people running around with a pretend friend in order to give them god mode. Really I don't see this lasting too much longer unless new ops are put in, crit is dialed down, and classes like Sniper/Slinger get nerfed.

Maybe you just need to make better friends who like you more than their companions. I had no issues with getting groups even with OP companions, and that's on a PvP server so it's not like groups are a dime a dozen here. In fact it was easier to get groups before 4.0.2 because more people were playing.

You aren't getting Ops until the storyline is finished, they said that back in June or July. Crit is fine where it is, they actually did a pretty good job balancing that considering they merged surge into it as well. And if you want a certain class nerfed, the only reason has to be PvP or you lost your raid spot, and in both cases companions do not affect group participation either so why were you worried about companions?

wow. So much drama about reverting comps to a higher capability state... If you don't want yours to have as much capability, then turn some of their abilities off, dismiss them, or put them on passive... There are plenty of ways for the "Elite" players to keep the challenge for themselves, while still making it playable for the "bad" players who use this game for their casual enjoyment... I like a challenge and raiding and all the tough content, but I was once also a far more casual player... Companion capability does not have to break the game like some are implying. So quit the game if you really need to be a drama queen, or (assuming they re-adjust the comps back up a bit) continue to play and use the tools the game already has to make your comps perform as little or as much as you want... Companions do not have to be a binary capability (ON or OFF)- you can uncheck some abilities, thereby reducing their effectiveness if you think they are OP... Edited by CaveBeast

Might have been pointed out already but....

Bioware nerfs companions: "QQQQQQQQ I'm Unsubbing!"

Bioware buffs companions "QQQQQQQQ Companions are OP, it's too easy"

That said, I honestly don't see a difference in companions from before to after besides several of them are now bugged on pub side. My main is a 65 sorc, I have a 25 tank companion that can hold aggro and tank very well with almost no healing even groups of champions. I didn't mind the "OP Companions" as it just made leveling and soloing stuff faster. Not really easier, just faster. I can still do everything I could before. If I want a challenge I'll go do an Op, or pvp, or a hardmode.

On the otherhand, the point of companions isn't to replace other players, as so many people seem to want. So having companions as strong as players was bad. They need to find a balance where they are usefull, but you'll still rather go LFG then just "lol, I got this" every time.

none of this nerf one week, buff the next week would be necessary if BW would start using the test server again. for some reason they decided "testing is for schmucks" and just throw everything all willy nilly out into the wild whether it works or doesn't work or is broken or not. you have a TS ... use the bloody thing. that's precisely the reason game developers invented the concept of testing and test servers - to see if something actually works before releasing it.

Here is an idea. Follow your own advice and stop telling people how to play.

Here's an idea about your advice telling other people to follow their own advice and stop telling other people how to play: stop telling people how to follow their own advice and stop telling them how to play according to your advice. :p

I thought they are going to buff them a little. Why is there talk that they are going to buff them as they were before?

Right now i have no problems whatsoever with them. If they buff them like what people describe they were before the nerf this is going to be bad.

Can somebody confirm if they are going to buff them like they were before or just buff them a little?

Edited by Kaedusz

Just like to note that removing skills is stupid. Each skill is needed for the companion to do their job correctly, I have played around with my companion pre nerf trying to make to less op . Removing even two or three healing skills makes them damn near useless for heroics, and keeping all their skills makes them ridiclously op .

Also removing skills does not make tanks any less immortal, or dps any less op. Even with damn near all dps skills off of a dps companion he was STILL doing crazy amount of damage. If you remove a tanks skills it just means hes not holding aggro, which defeats the purpose of him being there. If you leave his skills on it mean he is holding aggro but has zero chance of dying? Do you understand? Your ******** advice doesn't work on any companion type.

Well what about dismissing companion all together? Its boring and something we shouldn't have to do. We WANT companions, sure I can solo level without them but I like being a dps /tank with a healer, or a healer with a tank. I just don't like them being immortal and removing any challenge from the game. Its not a concept that is hard to understand.

The way companions are now is PERFECT in my opinion .In heroics I get good heals, but if I am not careful or taking too long to kill enemies my companion could die, or get aggro. I have to protect my companion , while still dpsing and I have to be dpsing fast which means my rotation actually freaken matters and this is way the game should be played. I love the way the companions are now and I am sad they are getting op again .

Edited by crimsiden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.