People can't do heroics now? It takes longer? WHAT?

nadoshot

I am confused by the complaints as well. The heroics don't seem much more difficult than before -- and even if they are less easy, they're still 100% soloable. Granted, I'm doing them as a synced 65, so I cannot comment on the soloability of sub-levelcap heroics.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea!

We'll force every single player to have to play the EXACT same way with no variation in gear or skills!

What do you mean your having fun because companions are a bit OP! Oh no! We won't allow that! It's to hard to set our companions to passive to make it harder for ourselves! Everyone must play for 10 hours a day just like we do! Nerf it! We want player clones! We want only 3 or 4 viable end game classes! We all want the same gear!

We're going to force our way of playing down your throat whether you like it or not! There will be no fun here! We like empty fleets and no players to group with! You people that were lied to just to re-sub can just leave again!

We are the b*tchers and moaners, and WE WILL BE HEARD!

*YAWN*

People have been posting all day about soloing the Star Fortresses with different gear and classes, and those are probably the hardest H2s out right now.

Nice try though. :)

Hey Guys,

My two cents on the whole change.

When I first heard it I was worried. I've been leveling my Bounty hunter by doing the story quests and Heroics on each planet and nothing else (apart from daily pvp). I was scared that the heroics would be too hard now.

So I logged in this morning and while doing a Class story quest I nearly died to a pull of 6 mobs with 2 silver enemies in it. At that time I was really scared if I would hit up heroics. I finished the story line with a healing companion but she had trouble keeping me up, but I did some crowd control and managed to wrestle through.

The time came to do some heroics, I stepped in and on the first pull noticed that he (Blizz) wasn't goign to keep me up. I was bleeding health and we came out of the first pull with only 5% left. This scared me and I was ready to hit the forum and start complaining.

I decided to stick with it and look at my class again and My abilities. My usual tactic was just start pumping out damage and let my companion stand back and heal up any damage that came through. The problem now was that the healing wasn't good enough anymore. So I looked at the abilities and I noticed I can do a lot of damage and I have some healing abilities. Not enough to be a main healer or to keep up a DPS that is being focussed. But maybe my healing is enough to keep up a tank who won't be taking as much damage as the other companions do.

I decided to give it a try. I set Blizz to tank and we started the rest of the heroic. It worked very well and after the third pull I was nearly back at my original clearing speed. Only on big pulls did I have to heal my companion with a few heals and the rest was handled by stunning one mob and then pounding out the DPS on the rest.

The changes did a huge number on Companion healing that much is true. But that is no reason for anyone to just yell "OMG unsub". The people that do that are just hot headed and affraid of change. Because they did away with an overpowered mechanic doesn't mean everything is ruined. Just take a step back. Reevaluate your powers, your strengths and your weaknesses and come up with a new startegy. All will be doable. The patch made me use a lot more skill on my skill bar instead of just the 4 buttons needed for max DPS. I actually have to put up my shield once in a while. I actually have to use my stuns now and then. The heroics do indeed take longer then normal but the length is not so bad as people tell.

Most people complaining are probably just trying to do the heroics like before and that is doable but will take a whole lot longer. The matter of the fact is that the game has changed the old tactic won't work now get out there and find a new tactic and you'll be doing the content at the previous speeds in no time.

TLDR: Look at your class. Find strengths and weaknesses. Change your tactic, adapt and profit.

That's what I'm talking about! I bet that sense of achievement felt pretty damn good too. :) You handled that pretty much the same way I usually play my lightning sorc. Relying on healers is even worse when you have light armor and your best defense also shields you from heals, so one eye is always on my tank's health.

I find that sending my tank after the biggest threat (usually the gold elite) and burning the small fry from weakest to biggest usually gets the best results too. By the time I burn the small fry the gold is usually half-dead. Wish I could help more, but my highest level merc is 54, so not sure about everything they can throw out at that level.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Hey Guys,

My two cents on the whole change.

When I first heard it I was worried. I've been leveling my Bounty hunter by doing the story quests and Heroics on each planet and nothing else (apart from daily pvp). I was scared that the heroics would be too hard now.

So I logged in this morning and while doing a Class story quest I nearly died to a pull of 6 mobs with 2 silver enemies in it. At that time I was really scared if I would hit up heroics. I finished the story line with a healing companion but she had trouble keeping me up, but I did some crowd control and managed to wrestle through.

The time came to do some heroics, I stepped in and on the first pull noticed that he (Blizz) wasn't goign to keep me up. I was bleeding health and we came out of the first pull with only 5% left. This scared me and I was ready to hit the forum and start complaining.

I decided to stick with it and look at my class again and My abilities. My usual tactic was just start pumping out damage and let my companion stand back and heal up any damage that came through. The problem now was that the healing wasn't good enough anymore. So I looked at the abilities and I noticed I can do a lot of damage and I have some healing abilities. Not enough to be a main healer or to keep up a DPS that is being focussed. But maybe my healing is enough to keep up a tank who won't be taking as much damage as the other companions do.

I decided to give it a try. I set Blizz to tank and we started the rest of the heroic. It worked very well and after the third pull I was nearly back at my original clearing speed. Only on big pulls did I have to heal my companion with a few heals and the rest was handled by stunning one mob and then pounding out the DPS on the rest.

The changes did a huge number on Companion healing that much is true. But that is no reason for anyone to just yell "OMG unsub". The people that do that are just hot headed and affraid of change. Because they did away with an overpowered mechanic doesn't mean everything is ruined. Just take a step back. Reevaluate your powers, your strengths and your weaknesses and come up with a new startegy. All will be doable. The patch made me use a lot more skill on my skill bar instead of just the 4 buttons needed for max DPS. I actually have to put up my shield once in a while. I actually have to use my stuns now and then. The heroics do indeed take longer then normal but the length is not so bad as people tell.

Most people complaining are probably just trying to do the heroics like before and that is doable but will take a whole lot longer. The matter of the fact is that the game has changed the old tactic won't work now get out there and find a new tactic and you'll be doing the content at the previous speeds in no time.

TLDR: Look at your class. Find strengths and weaknesses. Change your tactic, adapt and profit.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Sorry. I don't see how all of you are saying this is amazing.

My husband on his level 65 semi geared Sage with a 16 Lana, spent over an hour last night running 1 Voss H2. He was dead or dying most the time I'd look up from playing pool. (As my PC still was downloading this darn patch at midnight.)

There is just too many silvers & golds in one group. This isn't a L2P issue either.

Like some have said there is no reason you need to burn through all you CD's & have to wait 2min per fight.

BW shot themselves in the foot doing that as their intent was for basically solo play & enjoyment.

Casuals won't be soloing this nor enjoying this if they're dying all the time.

My husband on his level 65 semi geared Sage with a 16 Lana, spent over an hour last night running 1 Voss H2. He was dead or dying most the time I'd look up from playing pool. (As my PC still was downloading this darn patch at midnight.)

There is just too many silvers & golds in one group. This isn't a L2P issue either.

Like some have said there is no reason you need to burn through all you CD's & have to wait 2min per fight.

BW shot themselves in the foot doing that as their intent was for basically solo play & enjoyment.

Have you allready tried changing tactics?

Like I said in my post before I was having trouble as well with a healer companion but I just switched to a tanking one and all problems were solved.

Seeing he is a Sage maybe he should try a tanking companion, Use CC and then just DPS and heal your companion when needed.

Worked like a charm for me.

This is the very definition of L2P...in no way under any circumstance should 1 h2 quest take that long if you know how to play.

These are the two complaints I see the most after the companion adjustment. I'm really confused as to how anyone is complaining about these two things. I have a rank 10 only companion and can clear heroics easily and just as fast as I did before the patch. Only difference is my health isn't full the entire time and i might need to use some defensive abilities. People really can't beat these? Are you kidding me? What specifically are people having problems with?

How is it taking you so much longer to do them? I've seen someone say 3x longer? Even if it took a few minutes longer, what is the big deal? If you like playing the game why do you want to complete everything so quickly so you can leave? It seems people would be glad if they could send the companion solo to do the heroics while offline and just log in and collect the rewards so they are done with everything in 5 minutes.

The complaints are that there dieing while soloing content that is meant to be soloed and not meant to be hard mode raid. The alliance stuff was meant to be filler content not hard mode raid material

This is the very definition of L2P...in no way under any circumstance should 1 h2 quest take that long if you know how to play.

This is not a LRN to play issue some do not have what others have aka legacy abilities all datacrons as they may just be starting out.... H2s are not meant to be hard mode raids end game elite content. While comps were to good for newbie player sake they over nerf it to make elitist happy.

I actually think they managed to get it pretty darned solid as far as balance, so far. As I've posted before, I made it through a heroic SF, 208 or below gear, 3 storylines done and L16 companion, no buff. It was a challenge.

Heroics solo ought to be.

The rest of the quests seem easy still - which is the vast majority of the 1-65 game.

You have to be well geared, on your toes, good at your class, on a tank/healer toon to do heroics now. Any two of those four and you're just fine. Three and they aren't bad at all. All four and they are cake.

I'd say that is exactly how a heroic quest ought to be. Grab a partner and you can faceroll it...if determined to solo still very doable. Have to adjust just a bit and focus. Just not that big a deal.

I don't know..maybe because there are also people who don't play this game 8 hours a day and have limited amount of time, have work etc? There are also new/casual players who were simply attracted to this new companion system and just enjoyed clearing everything faster?

I play like 5 hours a week. Yes, a week. Most of this game is easy without a companion, it was just stupid before since I'd just plant myself in heroic zones, go take a dump, and come back and loot all the stuff my companion destroyed.

Have you allready tried changing tactics?

Like I said in my post before I was having trouble as well with a healer companion but I just switched to a tanking one and all problems were solved.

If "changing tactics" means "just don't ever use a healing companion to complete content," then the devs may as well simply remove the healing role from companions.

I'd prefer that they return companion healing to a viable (but not severely overpowered) state.

This is not a LRN to play issue some do not have what others have aka legacy abilities all datacrons as they may just be starting out.... H2s are not meant to be hard mode raids end game elite content. While comps were to good for newbie player sake they over nerf it to make elitist happy.

Another perfect example of l2p..i have 5 datacrons. And if you think a H2 is at the same difficulty as a HM ops you need to learn to play because they are no where near the same difficulty

I don't know..maybe because there are also people who don't play this game 8 hours a day and have limited amount of time, have work etc? There are also new/casual players who were simply attracted to this new companion system and just enjoyed clearing everything faster?

This is spot on

I actually think they managed to get it pretty darned solid as far as balance, so far. As I've posted before, I made it through a heroic SF, 208 or below gear, 3 storylines done and L16 companion, no buff. It was a challenge.

Heroics solo ought to be.

The rest of the quests seem easy still - which is the vast majority of the 1-65 game.

You have to be well geared, on your toes, good at your class, on a tank/healer toon to do heroics now. Any two of those four and you're just fine. Three and they aren't bad at all. All four and they are cake.

I'd say that is exactly how a heroic quest ought to be. Grab a partner and you can faceroll it...if determined to solo still very doable. Have to adjust just a bit and focus. Just not that big a deal.

Grab a partner so they can go afk cause they suddenly remembered that they are fracking thirsty or their stupid flea bag is barking, yea real fun

These are the two complaints I see the most after the companion adjustment. I'm really confused as to how anyone is complaining about these two things. I have a rank 10 only companion and can clear heroics easily and just as fast as I did before the patch. Only difference is my health isn't full the entire time and i might need to use some defensive abilities. People really can't beat these? Are you kidding me? What specifically are people having problems with?

How is it taking you so much longer to do them? I've seen someone say 3x longer? Even if it took a few minutes longer, what is the big deal? If you like playing the game why do you want to complete everything so quickly so you can leave? It seems people would be glad if they could send the companion solo to do the heroics while offline and just log in and collect the rewards so they are done with everything in 5 minutes.

Oh, I don't know--maybe they play a healing spec and used their companion on DPS? Which was also nerfed along with healing? Just a thought.

I'd describe my own abilities as "above average". I'm good, not great, maybe a "4 out of 5", and even after the nerf I'm cruising my way through most of these with minimal trouble. Even the ones on Makeb, which were designed for fairly high-level play, were still surmountable without a single wipe. I can't even imagine the average player with Lv 65 abilities not being able to easily solo the ones on the lower level planets even with level sync.

And for the Star Fortress missions? You only need to clear those six timed for the story. Group with someone once a day and you'll be done with it in a week. That's what I did.

I mean, do people need lessons? I'll totally give lessons for credits. UI tips, rotations, what stats to boost for what class? Hell, I can show you where to get an amazing gaming mouse for like $35, the ones with the 12-buttons on the side (seriously, those things are a godsend)? A lot of people here probably spend more in cartel coins a month.

"I can show you where to get an amazing gaming mouse for like $35,"

Yea I rly dont wanna go to jail for playing a game, and that sounds alot like a some kind of blackmarket scam to me.

"I can show you where to get an amazing gaming mouse for like $35,"

Yea I rly dont wanna go to jail for playing a game, and that sounds alot like a some kind of blackmarket scam to me.

And there you have it, the level of intelligence of the folks who are griping about this adjustment.

These people are voting in elections :eek:

It's pretty simple, a lot of people were self entitled noobs who think they should be able to kill 2+ player missions with a jebus companion. That's not too say BW is innocent, as they should have balanced in the first place with a beta, but people are overreacting with words of greediness and laziness.

The problem here isn't the different play styles. The "I want a challenge" crowd isn't wrong, neither is the "I want to kill stuff fast and move on" crowd.

It's these untested things they bring into the game. Its the freaking slot machine all over again. First it's too good, then it's garbage.

Now it's the companions. Had they been more reasonable from the start this nerf wouldn't have been necessary. No one would have had the experience of those companions being so good.

Way to go on dividing the player base even further. I realize there will always be differing opinions, but this whole **** could have been avoided.

I had fun doing my Star Fortress Heroic tonight, Tatooine.

I'm a merc healer.

I did it with Lana, lvl 27

Set her to TANK.

I'm in mostly 208 and a couple 216's. All augmented 208's

Used heroic moments every champion.

Got the missile launcher, the focus, and the thing Hizo gives you.

I chose to not pick up the medical thing, as I wanted all my heroic moments available for DPS.

Took my time, got cooldowns.

Last guy was hardest, but sent Lana and then dropped the missile. did heroic moment, dropped the airstrike, then cycled through the rest. When done, had to keep Lana healed while cooldowns on Heroic abilities cycled, did the focus. Then the Hizo thing.

Lana died, but I had enough done I hit him a couple times and defeated him.

So, doable. Merc healer and a Tank companion lvl 27.

Without the special abilities, no. Someday.

People seem to be confused at what others are angry about.

DPS and Tank companions havnt changed that much (in fact tank ones have been improved) its healing tanks.

I also think people need to state what class and spec they claim its the same on because i have no issues on my tank guardian but i could see my sage or marauder having problems if the healing isnt as good.

I also think people need to state what class and spec they claim its the same on because i have no issues on my tank guardian but i could see my sage or marauder having problems if the healing isnt as good.

I'd like to see some class data, too. Scoundrels aren't known for their awesome off-heals. Like I said, I had tried the H2 SF with my scrapper scounder and Lana as heals. Someone before mentioned switching comp to tank mode. Fine and dandy with a Sage's off-heals, maybe, but I don't think Slow-release medpac (~5400 heals spread across 18 seconds on my toon - can stack once, so 10800 across about 19 seconds, or about 568 HPS) or Diagnostic Scan (heals for less than a basic attack, channeled for three seconds - ~2100 total, or 700 HPS) can keep up with such a strategy. Sentinels don't even have an off-heal.

I am far from the best player but I haven't had any trouble doing the plant heroics and my gear is mixed with 192/208/216 and Koth is only influence 19. I did some this morning starting with the heroic 2 in black suns as that is my testing one to see how the companions perform .

I am a dps shadow and Koth is set for healing.

I play made 2-4 hours twice a week so I would consider myself casual.

Edited by ScarletBlaze