Please Enact Stricter PvP Requirements for M14X and Pierce.

runescapeisgood

I completely agree with the OP.

The ability of adults to throw temper tantrums on this forum is a bit ridiculous. Sitting in the corner of a pvp map and purposefully not doing anything, but acting like an *** just to get a match over-with, is the equivalent of a 4-year-old sitting on the floor in the middle of Toys-R-US, screaming and not moving because their mom won't buy them a new toy. Encouraging others to do the same is even worse, as now they are in legitimate griefing territory and are purposefully trying to prevent the people who actually enjoy pvp from having fun. This could absolutely be a suspendable offense.

I don't do GSF at all...but you can bet that if there was a new companion tied to it, I would actively participate and try to win to get it. It's really not that difficult, just grow up and make the effort. :)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a bit too extreme. From what I can see most of the PvE players would get to Valor 40 before they did this! :jawa_tongue:

I do think perhaps 4 medals would be OK. Classes with taunts and heals could do this trivially. Damage only specs would only have to get the 3k and 6k medal and contribute to some kills or objectives.

Medals are easily obtained from standing by your objective and not participating at all. Make the quest shorter and force participation by making it 3 wins required. 20 matches takes forever and while I have plenty of characters with valor 60+, I don't PvP with all of the others and certainly don't want to sit through 20 matches 20 times.

For anyone complaining, keep in mind that having all companions is not required. If it were, BW certainly wouldn't have let you kill off some of them. The game is about choice now, so if there is a companion you don't want or don't want to do the requirements for, you can easily skip it.

Yeah, methinks that if the OP doesn't like people standing around in matches, he should be requesting that they remove the PvP requirement. I'm never going to be good at PvP. Trust me, you don't want me in your WZs, even if I am trying.

I'm no pro, but a tip I always fall back on is that if you can't be good, at least be a nuisance to the other team. Harass one of their objectives away from your zerg. Or just stand there, keeping them on edge. Throw a guard on someone, even if you're not a tank. Toss in a knockback or two to get someone out of the fight.

Honestly, that's how I have fun in PvP. I'll never measure up going 1v1 with someone, but instead, I just try to annoy their whole team as much as possible while the true PvPers get some work in.

All of my cookies. I've been too lazy to point it out as you have here, but seriously. Dozens of companions - you PvE crybabies can get on fine without these two.

I'm a pve crybaby and I will cry if it want to. There is nothing you can do to stop me from crying. :p

Except, I already have +50 valor on most of my characters. I even have a few that are +69 valor. :eek:

Edited by Knockerz

The idea of gating certain companions, particularly those who have extremely strong ties to one faction or another behind PvP is a good one. However, unfortunately, as usual, many entitled players are taking the easy way out and instead of legitimately trying to participate in PvP, are griefing other players by standing around and contributing nothing to their teams. In fact, there are many people on this very forum who are actively encouraging players to do this, a banworthy offense in my opinion.

Therefore, I propose that the 20 games played (or 10 won) objective be changed to 12 games played with 8 or more medals achieved. This ensures that casual players who are pvping only for the companion will have to actually contribute to their team in order to get credit for the match

I agree and disagree with your Idea. I love the Idea of having both PvP and PvE "exclusive" companions. Companions locked behind the higher end content like HM ops, NiM ops, and ranked PvP. I think bioware should do more like this. When it comes to M1 and Pierce, the quest is fine as it is it doesnt need to be any more or less difficult. 20 wzs is not that hard, just make sure you equip the greens you got from questing (or anything ilvl 190ish) which will get your expertise to ~2018 (close enough anyway) and participate in the match.

Huttball: If you dont like/know how to run the ball. Just kill people, especially the ball carrier and people around him/her.

Novare/Civil war: Defend. Yes it can be boring, but all you have to do while defending is call your node if the enemy comes. You see red heading your way? Type "__ Inc grass/east/west/snow/mid" what ever base your at. depending on the match makeup you may not even see an enemy.

voidstar: Hug the doors and kill people.

Pylons: again Defend, make sure you call incs.

Arena: Follow the rest of your team and target who ever is marked.

Its not that hard to do the bear minimum and get your companion. Quit complaining about it.

Therefore, I propose that the 20 games played (or 10 won) objective be changed to 12 games played with 8 or more medals achieved. This ensures that casual players who are pvping only for the companion will have to actually contribute to their team in order to get credit for the match

First off, I've never queued for a war zone in this game. I have nothing against it. I actually keep meaning to try it, but I don't get that much play time and usually have something else I want to do. If I ever do try to get them through the PvP requirements, Though, I would definitely try to contribute. To me, doing otherwise "in protest" would just not be logical.

That aside, how hard is it to earn medals for doing things?

If it isn't that hard, as some seem to say, why not just make the requirement some very low level of medals?

Really, this is more of a question than a suggestion. I have no idea what you need to do to get a medal, anyway.

I'm going to tell you a story. A sad and a very depressing story of a Smuggler that enter in PvP to gain M1-4X. With no expertise, of course, because it was the first time trying PvP in this game.

That Smuggler tried harder that any PvP Core player there to play and win every scenario. But, the core PvP players, instead of helping or trying to do anything usefull, quit. Or they call everyone noobs, and then quit. So, that smuggler stands alone against a one imperial premade after another, dying in seconds (or even less) by the same Sith assassin farming the entrance.

So yeah, that sad smuggler lost 20 matches in a row. Made no friends, and yes, it's the last time that smuggler puts a foot in any battlefield. But, at least, M1-4X finally comes along.

So, after trying very hard to win, for acomplish nothing, after being farmed and killed dozens of times by imperial premades, after all of that, are you saying that, because some idiot entered in PvP and did not do anything, I don't deserve the companion? Yeah, thanks.

I'm going to tell you a story. A sad and a very depressing story of a Smuggler that enter in PvP to gain M1-4X. With no expertise, of course, because it was the first time trying PvP in this game.

That Smuggler tried harder that any PvP Core player there to play and win every scenario. But, the core PvP players, instead of helping or trying to do anything usefull, quit. Or they call everyone noobs, and then quit. So, that smuggler stands alone against a one imperial premade after another, dying in seconds (or even less) by the same Sith assassin farming the entrance.

So yeah, that sad smuggler lost 20 matches in a row. Made no friends, and yes, it's the last time that smuggler puts a foot in any battlefield. But, at least, M1-4X finally comes along.

So, after trying very hard to win, for accomplish nothing, after being farmed and killed dozens of times by imperial premades, after all of that, are you saying that, because some idiot entered in PvP and did not do anything, I don't deserve the companion? Yeah, thanks.

PvPers are jerks. I pvp a few times before 4.0 and there was always some jerk pvper who would insult the groups if we were losing and leave the warzone. If we were losing a warzone a few would quit the warzone. That is how pvpers behave and that is why pvers loath pvpers. I could understand if the pvp was rank, but it's a normal warzone. I personally don't like pvpers any more and that is coming from some one who pvp exclusively at 50.

I gain most of my valor back when 50 was max level and you couldn't leave a warzone without getting a penalty for leaving. It seems that BW removed the penalty for leaving because I left one or two warzones and could queue immediately for a new one.

like me, they don't like or aren't good at

What this guy is saying just like the other people who don't want to pvp is that they are bad at pvp so they would rather take their ball and go home then to improve by playing pvp...

Its not forced PVP when you dont have to do it, you dont have to have said companion. I want certain PVE decorations yet I hate PVE OPs ect... Is bioware forcing me to do OPs by gating certain decorations behind OPs.

What did they expect to happen with this, forced PvP never works in mainly PVE games.

Yeah, forced PvP never works, has never worked and will never work. People will always do the bare minimum needed and then be done with it.

TSW recently put in a daily mission system that gave you rewards, part of that was the option of doing PvP stuff. You weren't forced into it, but you were rewarded for doing so and it was a relatively easy way to earn the weekly reward.

The reward was based at least in part on how well you and your team did. This actually got me to try PvP there and I enjoyed it.

But what Bioware did was the wrong way to do this. Having a PvP option is good, but there should be an alternative way of getting the same reward, it can and perhaps should take longer. But if PvP is the only option then you'll have people using autorun or whatever is the minimum requirement to get credit.

Expecting them to be on a winning team however will be a even worse decision. If people don't want to PvP they won't have the gear, or builds required to do well, and will at carry their own...

Saddly the way Bioware did this is worse possible way, they didn't do either PvP'ers or PvE'ers any favor with this, PvP'ers may get more people playing but most of them won't really be playing and the PvE'ers will just be PO'ed over being forced to do something they don't like.

If it were an option, a way to get people to try PvP and see what they thought, it would've done a lot more to accomplish the goal of getting people to try PvP.

What this guy is saying just like the other people who don't want to pvp is that they are bad at pvp so they would rather take their ball and go home then to improve by playing pvp...

Its not forced PVP when you dont have to do it, you dont have to have said companion. I want certain PVE decorations yet I hate PVE OPs ect... Is bioware forcing me to do OPs by gating certain decorations behind OPs.

No, but you could buy the decoration with credits even it said decoration were bop from a guild that would carry you. In this way you can avoid PVE ops. I bought three wing mounts. You can't exactly buy your way in pvp. Otherwise, I would have already bought some of the pvp rewards.

First off, I've never queued for a war zone in this game. I have nothing against it. I actually keep meaning to try it, but I don't get that much play time and usually have something else I want to do. If I ever do try to get them through the PvP requirements, Though, I would definitely try to contribute. To me, doing otherwise "in protest" would just not be logical.

That aside, how hard is it to earn medals for doing things?

If it isn't that hard, as some seem to say, why not just make the requirement some very low level of medals?

Really, this is more of a question than a suggestion. I have no idea what you need to do to get a medal, anyway.

You get medals for a number of activities in a Warzone. Here are some examples:

• Doing 3,000+ healing at one time
  • Doing 6,000+ healing at one time (if you don't already have 3K medal you get two)
  • Doing 3,000+ damage at one time;
  • Doing 6,000+ damage at one time;
  • Participating in 10 kills (4 in an Arena)[this is bugged currently and only requires 4 everywhere]
  • Participatijg in 25 kills (8 in an Arena)[likewise bugged]
  • Doing 150,000 total healing
  • Doing 360,000 total healing
  • protecting teammates from 2.4k damage via guard or taunt in one life;
  • protecting teammates from 6K damage via guard or taunt;
  • protecting teammates from 12k damage via guard or taunt in a single life;
  • protecting teammates from 60K damage via guard or taunt total in a match;
  • guarding objectives
  • taking objectives

There are others, but really if you know your class you should be able to get to 8 medals during a WZ. I would still make it less in deference to the lower skill level of PvE only players.

PvPers are jerks. I pvp a few times before 4.0 and there was always some jerk pvper who would insult the groups if we were losing and leave the warzone. If we were losing a warzone a few would quit the warzone. That is how pvpers behave and that is why pvers loath pvpers. I could understand if the pvp was rank, but it's a normal warzone. I personally don't like pvpers any more and that is coming from some one who pvp exclusively at 50.

I gain most of my valor back when 50 was max level and you couldn't leave a warzone without getting a penalty for leaving. It seems that BW removed the penalty for leaving because I left one or two warzones and could queue immediately for a new one.

The first time I queued for Lost Island I got into a team with a group who knew how to bypass all the content up to the first boss. I didn't. So I ask for help. Tank said I had Down's syndrome and initiated a vote kick. I quit first.

Bad behavior has nothing to do with PvE or PvP.

My objection is one of balancing the time involved to get the recruits.

To get the gand recruit takes about 10 minutes to find 4 objects, if that long.

It takes hours to get 4x. Why? Here I am, never played PVP before in my life, do not like PVP, will not do PVP except as in this situation to complete a story quest, and I'm having to spend hours putting up with vile, over-emotional verbal abuse from teenagers and poorly socialized adults because I am new to PVP? No. Let us get all of these recruits in approximately the same time. That does not mean I want the gand quest harder. One mission of PVP is enough. It'll still take far longer than the gand quest to finish, exposes new players to PVP to see if they might like it, and then be done with it. I want to get all the recruits to complete the chapter, and that's it. Don't make us wade through the queue, the abuse, and the time sink.

You get medals for a number of activities in a Warzone. Here are some examples:

• Doing 3,000+ healing at one time
  • Doing 6,000+ healing at one time (if you don't already have 3K medal you get two)
  • Doing 3,000+ damage at one time;
  • Doing 6,000+ damage at one time;
  • Participating in 10 kills (4 in an Arena)[this is bugged currently and only requires 4 everywhere]
  • Participatijg in 25 kills (8 in an Arena)[likewise bugged]
  • Doing 150,000 total healing
  • Doing 360,000 total healing
  • protecting teammates from 2.4k damage via guard or taunt in one life;
  • protecting teammates from 6K damage via guard or taunt;
  • protecting teammates from 12k damage via guard or taunt in a single life;
  • protecting teammates from 60K damage via guard or taunt total in a match;
  • guarding objectives
  • taking objectives

There are others, but really if you know your class you should be able to get to 8 medals during a WZ. I would still make it less in deference to the lower skill level of PvE only players.

I don't know why you even bother with this. BW is not going to modify the requirements to get the pvp companions. The only time BW has change or modify a quest or requirement is when it was bugged. BW has never increased the difficulty or added more requirements to a quest. However, BW has nerf requirements, but never added more requirements. Besides, the game is live and there would be people who would complain that some players had it easier than after the increase in difficulty.

Edited by Knockerz

Hey.... I said I'd probably never PvP again. But I do want 4X & Pierce. And this thread has given me an idea that'll make me useful. I've got a lightsaber and a shield which both have that purple +41 expertise crystal we got as a sub gift. I'ma equip them, then instead of running around aimlessly in a WZ.....I'll run around and attack the players just standing around! I might actually kill something that way! :D

The first time I queued for Lost Island I got into a team with a group who knew how to bypass all the content up to the first boss. I didn't. So I ask for help. Tank said I had Down's syndrome and initiated a vote kick. I quit first.

Bad behavior has nothing to do with PvE or PvP.

It happens on both pve and pvp, but let me asking you this. In any pvp game you always get more trash talking and rude behavior for the simple reason that you are competing with other players. In pve if you lose, you don't go insulting the boss because you know it's not a person. Based on my own experience from playing pvp games. My opinion is that pvpers are farm more rude and disrespectful than pve players. From sitting on corpses to whispers after the match to rude behavior. I think we can both agree that there is more of that nonsense in pvp than in pve. That is why I don't play first personal shooters anymore. It's filled with kids and adults that insult and put up there annoying softcore nudes spray can signatures on the walls in game. I tried counter strike back in February and I quickly uninstalled it.

Edited by Knockerz

I completely agree with the OP.

The ability of adults to throw temper tantrums on this forum is a bit ridiculous. Sitting in the corner of a pvp map and purposefully not doing anything, but acting like an *** just to get a match over-with, is the equivalent of a 4-year-old sitting on the floor in the middle of Toys-R-US, screaming and not moving because their mom won't buy them a new toy. Encouraging others to do the same is even worse, as now they are in legitimate griefing territory and are purposefully trying to prevent the people who actually enjoy pvp from having fun. This could absolutely be a suspendable offense.

I don't do GSF at all...but you can bet that if there was a new companion tied to it, I would actively participate and try to win to get it. It's really not that difficult, just grow up and make the effort. :)

Completely agree. The funny thing though this childish entitlement on display goes obviously only 1 direction. Dare to show up in SM Operation and don't know the encounter or heavens forbid wear fully augmented ranked pvp gear and watch the abuse roll in.

And going by the fact that Pierce / M14X continue to gain influence for each match played after they're unlocked shows pretty clear that BW chose 1 out of almost 20 available companions to be catered towards PvP players.

I am not a fan of PvP, largely due to the fact that I'm terrible at it. I did manage to get the 20 matches needed, though last night was really good and I got credit for 11 from only 6 played. One thing to keep in mind, if you are picking up the daily and weekly quests, along with the companion quest, you will get enough Warzone Commendations to get some PvP gear. By the time I finished last night, I had a complete set of Basic PvP gear. Now I just have to decide if I will ever make use of it again.

Hey.... I said I'd probably never PvP again. But I do want 4X & Pierce. And this thread has given me an idea that'll make me useful. I've got a lightsaber and a shield which both have that purple +41 expertise crystal we got as a sub gift. I'ma equip them, then instead of running around aimlessly in a WZ.....I'll run around and attack the players just standing around! I might actually kill something that way! :D

Oh wow. I totally forgot I had that crystal. I'm totally stealing your idea. :D

Completely agree. The funny thing though this childish entitlement on display goes obviously only 1 direction. Dare to show up in SM Operation and don't know the encounter or heavens forbid wear fully augmented ranked pvp gear and watch the abuse roll in.

My Ops experience:

HM Dread Fortress at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, didn't use voice chat, nobody cared.

SM Terror From Beyond at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, didn't use voice chat, nobody cared.

SM The Ravagers at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, got hated on for not having the achievements or voice chat, wiped on the first boss for reasons I don't know, group disbanded.

SM The Ravagers at lv.60. Still didn't know the encounters, still didn't use voice chat, and we had no issues.

Amazing what you can accomplish with 'people just explaining the gimmicks to you' and 'just knowing how to play your class'.

Edited by Djiini

My Ops experience:

HM Dread Fortress at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, didn't use voice chat, nobody cared.

SM Terror From Beyond at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, didn't use voice chat, nobody cared.

SM The Ravagers at Lv.60. Didn't know the encounters, got hated on for not having the achievements or voice chat, wiped on the first boss for reasons I don't know, group disbanded.

SM The Ravagers at lv.60. Still didn't know the encounters, still didn't use voice chat, and we had no issues.

Amazing what you can accomplish with 'people just explaining the gimmicks to you' and 'just knowing how to play your class'.

Got carried through easy content 3 times and got hate the one time they couldn't carry you. I'm sure if you got on some PvP teams that could win 7v8 you wouldn't get hate either because people generally don't get mad when they are successful.