Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle companion!

Jnaathra

This is really not a good thing for healer players who has a tank companion. A tank companion would be very useless if you can survive hits better than your tank companion. Also, you have to put into account that those are critical hits against weak opponents. Also, TC didn't mention if they had Alliance buff? It's easy to solo heroic 2+ with alliance buffs on because you and your companion get crazy powerful.

Also, from observations, those damage only happen when they are in dps role and when they do one skill. I've been observing my dps Choza and Jaessa (I'm only concentrating on one companion and he's at rank 32 atm). They only do 10k+ damage when he does that leaping attack. I've never seen him do more than 5k damage on the rest of his abilites. I can do consistent 7-10k+ damage on my healer smuggler while they can only do 10k+ damage with just one attack. And that's with just my healer character.

Oh, and also, they are boosted with alliance buffs and they are in DPS role. They don't have that ability when they're in tank or healer role.

Finally, I tried soloing heroic star fortress on my healer smuggler with a rank 32 Choza tank without the alliance buffs and I am barely able to keep him alive against Paladins. I have 216 gear and I have no problem healing in Hardmode Flashpoints and here I am struggling to keep a tank companion alive against a single paladin. I don't know what I was doing wrong.

Note that that attack only happens when they are in dps role. Tank and healer roles, they have sucky damage. Which can be understandable since they're meant to do dps as a dps.

Don't do it with companion tank,go on dps and companion healer or if you are healer,go both healers. Use heroic moments. Will take lot of time on both healers but doable. As for double palladins,just stun one of them before combat starts.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we haven't realized, is that the story of SWTOR is actually C2-N2's story. How he started as a mere ship concierge with no combat capability to saving the galaxy from its greatest threats (taking them down in one shot). If you think about it, that is a true star wars story (aka: Luke Skywalker) Our characters are just a side story.

There is a problem in the game design when getting rid of HUMAN players is more beneficial than keeping them.

Maybe, maybe not. Some people are just BAD. Not just bad but BAD. Even in the old system I remember doing one of the normal FPs and losing 2 players ((we couldn't down the boss and they just quit)), we pulled out our comps and then destroyed the final boss. This was just after SoR came out. Why did it happen this way? Because the players they replaced must have been doing almost nothing of value and had incredibly crappy gear.

Wow. Talk about dense people. "Companions aren't OP!!!!!11". "Oh, they are, but it's totally OK!!!!!!11".

Is the idea of bots not being able to deal more damage than player that really hard to comprehend? Mind you, that's with currently bugged "offhand", which doesn't look to provide additional force/tech damage.

Do you guys don't understand why this is bad? Why game playing itself is terrible design? What's the point of leveling your character? Just dump some cash into comps. What's the point of grouping? Just kick this DPS and bring your comps instead. Do you realise under no circumstances you even need that level of power in your beloved solo content?

I swear, this expansion lowered the basic level of intellect on this forums. And here i thought it was already impossible.

Sorry, but you dont get it...its not about challenge anymore...its not about feeling you accomplished anything....its About clicking one button, while my companion kills the mob(s) so I can race to the next cutscene...

Thats what all these "Story" fans are wanting...I just boiled it down to the easiest to undestand level. They dont want a game, well maybe a point and click game, they want to watch a mini-movie..

Sorry, but you dont get it...its not about challenge anymore...its not about feeling you accomplished anything....its About clicking one button, while my companion kills the mob(s) so I can race to the next cutscene...

Thats what all these "Story" fans are wanting...I just boiled it down to the easiest to undestand level. They dont want a game, well maybe a point and click game, they want to watch a mini-movie..

Correct, because the game combat sucks. And I get enjoyment out of powering through stuff.

Go play better games if you want tougher combat. This game was never tough, just tedious.

What we haven't realized, is that the story of SWTOR is actually C2-N2's story. How he started as a mere ship concierge with no combat capability to saving the galaxy from its greatest threats (taking them down in one shot). If you think about it, that is a true star wars story (aka: Luke Skywalker) Our characters are just a side story.

Haha,it all makes sense now. Inflicting comfort on entire galaxy shall be fun.

Correct, because the game combat sucks. And I get enjoyment out of powering through stuff.

Go play better games if you want tougher combat. This game was never tough, just tedious.

How about you go and play better games if you don't like combat? This **** of an argument works both ways, you know.

How about you go and play better games if you don't like combat? This **** of an argument works both ways, you know.

I mean, the combat in this game does suck, lol. And I'm someone who's defending KOTFE.

This game's story and the Star Wars IP are the selling point.

While i do agree that the companions might be a tad overpowered at max influence, I still don't want to see them nerfed because I do remember how BW usually handles nerfs.

Just remember what happened to the contraband slot machine. "It's working as intended... we will monitor and adjust a bit if needed" and then a few days later: KA-BOOM!! nerfed to hell and back until it was completely useless for anything else than taking space and reminding you how stupid you were to pay a lot of real money (or millions of credits) for it AFTER the official confirmation that it was working as intended.

You can be sure that if/when they nerf the companions, they will be completely useless after that, and there will be no way to make them good anymore.

Attempting to do a PUG, ended up in Cademimu. Start with a level 65, myself at level 61 and two level 22 people.

We wipe every time there is a major add (Like someone pulls one of the drones into a fight) one of the level 22 drops and I tell the other level 22 (he was leader) to drop his companion. Summon an influence level 16 Akk dog. Set to heal. Fights can still be sketchy but we're now making progress. Even if there is a bad add.

The level 22 drops. its just me and the level 65. I say, pull out any comp and set to heals.

Its now a cakewalk. An absolute cakewalk.

There is a problem in the game design when getting rid of HUMAN players is more beneficial than keeping them.

Been there and done just that. If someone drops, we pull out our companion(s), who nearly always do a better job than the player themselves. Something is fundamentally wrong with a game when this occurs.

I have said in previous threads that companions are very broken. As a sorc healer, I no longer have to heal, well, really anything... not even myself. All I do now is loot Xalek's corpses.

As I'm no longer the hero and the focus of the story, I have since promoted him to Captain of my ship, bestowed upon him my title of "Darth Nox", and have suggested to him that he become the Outlander. I'm just the dumb former slave-spacer that follows him.

Thanks for the NGE, Bioware.

That's not cool.

In 3.0 it would have been the same. A level 61 and 65 companion would have been infinitely more powerful and useful in an FP than a level 22. The same would be true even with level sync, because 22's have no abilities and less damage and health.

Some of the **** you people come up with is just amazing.

Edited by Vember

Just saying if you people don't like the game as it is. Maybe you should play another game. Just maybe this might not be the game for you. The companion thing isn't going to change no matter how many times you overuse the word "Overpowered" and insult the community. It's just not going to happen. So please do this community a favor and move on with the game or to different game. Just saying.

Just saying if you people don't like the game as it is. Maybe you should play another game. Just maybe this might not be the game for you. The companion thing isn't going to change no matter how many times you overuse the word "Overpowered" and insult the community. It's just not going to happen. So please do this community a favor and move on with the game or to different game. Just saying.

You're acting like people are talking about something that has been around since the beginning.

We're talking about a change that happened in the most recent expansion.

Telling people to move on to a different game because they have a different opinion than you over this matter is the absolute worst argument for the matter.

It's basically saying that you have no counter argument...you just want to keep things how they are, and everyone who disagrees needs to leave.

Think about that for a moment.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I have said in previous threads that companions are very broken. As a sorc healer, I no longer have to heal, well, really anything... not even myself. All I do now is loot Xalek's corpses.

In my experiance, unless you're fighting low level-synched foes (like doing Coruscant Heroics), and your companion isn't in healmode, you still have to heal them or otherwise do something or they just die slow agonizing deaths, tankmode or DPS mode.

Star Fortress Solo mode even, as I DPS my companions are dying, albiet slowly and if I don't stop to heal them any. The only really "OP" mode is heals, and that's due to just how many they spam due to low cd's. And they still do some DPS during that time too!

Edited by Transairion

You're acting like people are talking about something that has been around since the beginning.

Telling people to move on to a different game because they have a different opinion than you over this matter is the absolute worst argument for the matter.

It's basically saying that you have no counter argument...you just want to keep things how they are, and everyone who disagrees needs to leave.

I'm starting to think he only says those things because he knows it pisses people off. Basically, he's trolling.

Except there hasn't been much of a change, which leaves one to wonder about this sudden influx of complaint threads. Companions always had more health than player characters, geared out endgame companions have always trivialized solo content. They've always done a crap ton of damage. The only thing that's really changed is that companions are no longer craptastic at mid levels.

So, in conclusion:

:confused:

I'm soloing heroic SF with a rank 13 companion with ease. The thing is hitting twice as hard as my sorc does and has half again my health. It's absurd. If I put her on heal mode I can wipe out several groups of enemies at the same time without ever worrying about anything because neither of our health bars drops at all.

Before you tell me to "learn to play" or whatever - I know how to play. While I've never bothered with raiding and the like in this game I was a veteran WoW raider back in the day and am quite familiar with optimizing a character and using an appropriate rotation. Companions are just flat out overpowered. A player's pet should never, under any circumstance, be superior to another player of equal gear and skill.

The counter is accept the changes. The Pro Nerf crowd posted a poll hoping the community would side with them. They didn't. Then videos were posted. People overwhelmingly rejected it. I posted my point of view and counter argument several times. That's with the ability to buy level 60...all you are doing is punishing lower levels to die on trash.

The change is better for the community. You people keep re-posting threads with different angles. That's what is annoying. Even though a majority tells you either to accept it or post in suggestions then leave it alone. This constant spamming of old threads/creating new ones that only a minority of the players want.

We can't even have a positive conversation about the chapters because you people are obsessed with making companions useless. The majority has spoken. Even though you are shot down in every thread. People keep re-posting questions that been answered. That is "Are you sure your okay with companion changes..the answer is yes..how long are you going to keep whining on forums....post in suggestions...clutter general discussion with this nonsense..how long can you keep complaining...I'm just curious

I'm starting to think he only says those things because he knows it pisses people off. Basically, he's trolling.

I say these things because a majority of people agree...as shown in the poll...as shown in the responses..its YOU PEOPLE PRO NERF who are trolling by spamming creating several threads on SAME TOPIC...bumping old threads with sarcastic and condensing comments with questions you aren't interested in, and you say I'm the troll. No you are trolling the community and you need to stop. I have least information and facts not baseless insults.

Edited by RogerApple

The counter is accept the changes. The Pro Nerf crowd posted a poll hoping the community would side with them. They didn't. Then videos were posted. People overwhelmingly rejected it. I posted my point of view and counter argument several times. That's with the ability to buy level 60...all you are doing is punishing lower levels to die on trash.

The change is better for the community. You people keep re-posting threads with different angles. That's what is annoying. Even though a majority tells you either to accept it or post in suggestions then leave it alone. This constant spamming of old threads/creating new ones that only a minority of the players want.

We can't even have a positive conversation about the chapters because you people are obsessed with making companions useless. The majority has spoken. Even though you are shot down in every thread. People keep re-posting questions that been answered. That is "Are you sure your okay with companion changes..the answer is yes..how long are you going to keep whining on forums....post in suggestions...clutter general discussion with this nonsense..how long can you keep complaining...I'm just curious

Nobody ever said they wanted to make companions useless, just toned back a bit. But hey, if it makes you feel better to keep twisting people's words around to make yourself seem like less of an ******e, go right ahead.

OP, loved the thread title haha, had to come in and see what was going on.

I have not taken my main into KOTFE but he's 65 and his original cast of comps are all about lvl 20 and they wreck any and all things I throw them at, it is hilarious. Good or bad, OP or not...I don't know.

I am undecided because I have no idea what later chapters of KOTFE will give us ( I pushed my Insta60 into KOTFE, as I am unwilling at this point to drop my main in and lose Temple).

Maybe our companions new lvl 50 was designed around all players being lvl 70 or 75 even. Who knows but if they release another level cap increase it seems like it might fall more inline with our companions crazy powers. I have no info to back this up it was just a thought.

Getting a companion to Rank 50 is expensive. Nerfing them would be bad.

I agree. Lot of people would be upset. So Bioware should make the nerf completely optional one,like buff terminal on Makeb or removal of 12xp. Globally nerfing super-companions will create such a disturbance in The Force that it will make more bad then good.