Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

All the parses on Parsely are lucky ones and also my stat distribution is different compared to Bant's calculations, it's not just one augment swapped to another.

I kniw all ths parses are lucky... That's why one single parse is useless for gathering any info on optimal gearing.

Out of intereat, how different is your gearing compared to Bant's recommendations?

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , I stand corrected sir.

I checked parsely and actually there is deception with 6.7k dps

But comparing mine log (5.9k dps) with another person who hit 6.7k dps I can only assume they are not using the stats recommended at this guide.

Check mine

http://parsely.io/parser/view/179497

And then check his

http://parsely.io/parser/view/164280/0

We have almost the same number in hits in each ability , and there is not much difference in the rotation.

I'm using Bant's stat and

my best parse is 6.7k. As I told you in the Sin/Shadow sub-forum, experience is your best bet to improve.

I hope you understand but sharing my stats would not help you much and if you are already using Bants stat distribution then the difference would be minimal at best. There are good guides out there like those on Dulfy. Take your time reading through them, unless you already have, and then stop to think if you're really doing what they suggests you to do. Study other peoples parses and see what they are doing and try to pick up things you could improve yourself on because stats alone won't get you where you'd want to be.

I've been trying to beat your parse for a few days now (without much luck for now), but I'm curious to see how much crit you have.

I'm using Bant's stat and

my best parse is 6.7k. As I told you in the Sin/Shadow sub-forum, experience is your best bet to improve.

I've been trying to beat your parse for a few days now (without much luck for now), but I'm curious to see how much crit you have.

I must be fu**ing up really bad in the rotation then , I'm trying the same as you guys and only hitting for 5,8 - 5,9k dps.

How can you guys get to those numbers ?

Here are my stats with full 220 gear and some 224, with all 4 legacy buffs + Advanced Polybiotic Versatile Stim.

Mastery = 5350

Power = 2601

Critical= 1207

Alacrity = 904

Accuracy = 693

No matter what . I can't hit what you guys are hitting.

And from 5,9k to 6,7k dps , one must mess up really bad in the rotation.

I must be fu**ing up really bad in the rotation then , I'm trying the same as you guys and only hitting for 5,8 - 5,9k dps.

How can you guys get to those numbers ?

Here are my stats with full 220 gear and some 224, with all 4 legacy buffs + Advanced Polybiotic Versatile Stim.

Mastery = 5350

Power = 2601

Critical= 1207

Alacrity = 904

Accuracy = 693

No matter what . I can't hit what you guys are hitting.

And from 5,9k to 6,7k dps , one must mess up really bad in the rotation.

There is only so much we can see by looking at one of your parse. As Solana said, go on dulfy, read it and try to figure out where you mess up.

There is only so much we can see by looking at one of your parse. As Solana said, go on dulfy, read it and try to figure out where you mess up.

But I'm almost sure i'm doing the exact same as you guys , even at the begin I use the exact same opening , compare mine opening and yours , is the same and yet you do more damage.

I'm using BO and FC as soon as they leave cooldown , sometimes I delay FC a little so Recklessness get a refresh at same time as Phantom Stride so I can use Natural Discharge > Recklessness > Discharge > PS > Discharge.

Most of my rotation is IF have force, Voltaic Slash. If not , Saber Strike until the skills "glow" then i use the glowing ones in priority order.

First in priority always use Discharge when it glows first , trying always to line up with Recklessness and Phantom Stride so i can use 3 Discharges.

Then second in priority Ball Lightning when it glows , hoping to get a Twin Surge and another stack.

And as final Maul when glowing, If neither Reckless nor Ball Lightning is glowing.

Once Assassinate is available i use it as max is a can when it's not in cooldown.

Then the priority changes to Assassinate > Discharge > Ball Lightning > Maul.

And always using BO and FC as soon as I can to get Dark Embrace.

Am I doing anything so wrong that you guys get 6,7k dps and I only get 5,9k dps ?

Can you upload a video of your rotation ?

I can't even have fun anymore because i'm obsessed with this ><"

Edited by Suplax

Alright here are my stats with full 224 gear and mastery/power stim. Using these for both specs and yes both of my crystals are power.

Mastery: 5393

Power: 3022

Critical: 1264 (7xE, 2xRelic)

Alacrity: 825 (1xE, 9xA)

Accuracy: 701 (2xE, 5xA)

This might not give the highest theoretical dps but that's not what I'm after anyway and it works for me.

Edited by T_T_P

Mastery = 5350

Power = 2601

Critical= 1207

Alacrity = 904

Accuracy = 693

The difference in Power and Mastery going from full 220 gear to full 224 is 164 in Power and 204 in Mastery. Since your Mastery is pretty close to T_T_P's, but your Power over 400 lower... that tells me you are using 220A mods. And there's your problem.

//Ah, he uses Power crystals... well still, that's a difference of over 300 Power.

Edited by Memo-

Alright here are my stats with full 224 gear and mastery/power stim. Using these for both specs and yes both of my crystals are power.

This might not give the highest theoretical dps but that's not what I'm after anyway and it works for me.

Thanks for taking the time to put your stats. I'll continue dabbling a bit and trying different combination.

The difference in Power and Mastery going from full 220 gear to full 224 is 164 in Power and 204 in Mastery. Since your Mastery is pretty close to T_T_P's, but your Power over 400 lower... that tells me you are using 220A mods. And there's your problem.

//Ah, he uses Power crystals... well still, that's a difference of over 300 Power.

Thx guys , Turn out i had two 220A , so I've changed then. Now i have 2702 and can hit for almost exactly 6k every time.

Still 3000 power >_< . I need to work on that.

Edit - Turns out my implants are wrong too , one is mk-2 and the other is mk-4.

Got to work on getting tokens now.

Edited by Suplax

I found same question some pages earlier but still didn't get it.

How are the numbers of damage reduction working for tanks?

Are those DR 68%+ actually reachable or they are only assumption or what? Sorry for dumb repeatitive question.

I found same question some pages earlier but still didn't get it.

How are the numbers of damage reduction working for tanks?

Are those DR 68%+ actually reachable or they are only assumption or what? Sorry for dumb repeatitive question.

The Damage reduction Number you see reported next to the stats is a number that reflects total mitigation, not just character sheet damage reduction. That means that defense chance, shield chance and absorb shields all factor into this number. I don't count Cooldowns in this except for the rotational based one.

To explain further, all damage in SWTOR can be divided into three categories:

• Melee/Ranged Kinetic/Energy (MRKE)
  • Force/Tech Kinetic/Energy (FTKE)
  • Force/Tech Elemental/Internal (FTIE)

Each of these types have their own rules on what effects them:

Melee/Ranged Kinetic/Energy (MRKE)

• Can be Defended
  • Can be Shielded
  • Basic attacks have lower than average accuracy (90%)

Force/Tech Kinetic/Energy (FTKE)

• Can be Resisted
  • Can be Shielded

Force/Tech Elemental/Internal (FTIE)

• Can be Resisted
  • Ignores Damage Reduction from Armor

Since every damage ability fits into one of these three catagories, every boss can be summarized into percentages of each type.

For example, the "average" boss damage profile that I used happened to be: 53% MRKE, 23% FTKE, 24% FTIE. I also used as my default assumptions that the boss would hit once per second, 75% of the MRKE would be basic attacks, and deal 6000 damage before mitigation.

Melee/Ranged Kinetic/Energy (MRKE)

• Incoming Damage Reduced if Boss has Weakened Debuff
  • 0 Damage taken if Defended against (misses from basic attacks and accuracy debuffs are defended against)
  • (1- Absorb%) Damage taken if shielded against
  • Full damage taken when not defended or shielded
  • All Damage taken is then reduced by Damage Reduction

Force/Tech Kinetic/Energy (FTKE)

• Incoming Damage Reduced if Boss has Impaired Debuff
  • 0 Damage taken if Resisted against
  • (1- Absorb%) Damage taken if shielded against
  • Full damage taken when not Resisted or shielded
  • All Damage taken is then reduced by Damage Reduction

Force/Tech Elemental/Internal (FTIE)

• Incoming Damage Reduced if Boss has Impaired Debuff
  • 0 Damage taken if Resisted against
  • Full Damage taken when not Resisted
  • All Damage taken is then reduced by Internal Damage Reduction (+non Armor Damage Reduction)

All of these numbers can be boiled down to a single mitigation % value. This value is then applied to the pre-mitigation DtPS (6000 in this case) and then the Absorb Shield (Reactive Warding or similar) is applied to further reduce damage taken.

To get the percentage of total reduction I simply did the following: 100% - [Postmitigation DtPS]/[Premitigation DtPS].

I will do a full Example in the spoiler below:

Average Damage Profile: 53% MRKE, 23% FTKE, 24% FTIE, 6000 DtPS, 75% Basic Attacks, 1 hit per second

Juggernaut || Guardian

Increased Health, 224 ilvl (B mods and Serendipitous Assault Relic)

4868 Mastery / 749 Power / 6346 Endurance / 7450 Armor

2602 Defense / 1351 Shield / 1395 Absorb

Defense Chance = 40.6

• 5% (Sith Warrier)
  • 20.3% = 30% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) ) ^ ( ( [Defense Stat] / [Level] ) / 1.2 ) )
  • 5% (Blade Barricade)
  • 5% (Unsteady Debuff) (-Accuracy == Defense)
  • 2.25% = (2% * .75s + 4% * .75s + 6% * 6s) / 18s (Defensive Slashes || Defensive Swings)
  • 3% (Single Saber Mastery)

Shield Chance = 44.8%

• 5% (Shield Base Chance)
  • 20.8% = 50% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) ) ^ ( ( [shield Stat] / [Level] ) / .78 ) )
  • 4% (Shield Specialization)
  • 15% (Soresu Form)

Absorb Percentage = 47.3%

• 20% (Absorb Base Percentage)
  • 24.3% = 50% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) ) ^ ( ( [Absorb Stat] / [Level] ) / .65 ) )
  • 3% (Consuming Power || Warding Power)

Resist Chance = 2.3%

• 2.3% = (2% * .75s + 4% * .75s + 6% * 6s) / 18s (Defensive Slashes || Defensive Swings)

Damage Reduction Verses Kinetic/Energy attacks = 55.4%

• 45.7% = 13782.5 / (13782.5 + 800 + 240 * [Level] ) (Armor)
  • ***Actual Armor: 13038 = 7450 * ( 1 + 0.6 [soresu Form] + 0.1 [Protected Buff] + 0.15 [Rule of two] )
  • 3% (Aegis Assault || Warding Strike)
  • 6% (Soresu Form)
  • 0.7% = 2% * 4s / 12s (2 set bonus)

Damage Reduction versus Internal/Energy attacks = 27.7%

• 10% (Sith Warrior)
  • 3% (Aegis Assault || Warding Strike)
  • 5% (Dark Blood || Inner Peace)
  • 6% (Soresu Form)
  • 0.7% = 2% * 4s / 12s (2 set bonus)
  • 3% (Resistant Buff)

•  
      Absorb Shields = - 316.1 dmg/s
      • 71.7 = 3110 / (40s + [boss Hit Rate]/0.3) (Relic of Reactive Warding)
      • 244.4 = ( 1 * [bonus Healing] + 0.05 * 27510 ) / (9s * 1.25) (Sonic Barrier || )
      • ***Bonus Healing = 1373.9 = 1.05 * (.14 * [Mastery Stat] + .17 * ([Power Stat] + [Mainhand & Offhand Force Power] + [Power Relic proc])

Incoming Damage Reduced: 5%

[*] 5% vs Melee/Ranged (Weakened Debuff)

[*] 5% vs Force/Tech (Impaired Debuff)

-----------

Damage Taken = ([Defended %] * [0] + [shield %] * ( 1 - [Absorb%] ) + [non-Defended or Shielded] ) * ( 1 - [incoming reduction] ) * ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )

MRKE Damage Taken = 17.3%

• Defended: 48.1% = (0.75 * ( .406 + .1 ) + .25 * .406)
    • 0 Damage Taken
    • Shielded: 23.3% = ( 1 - .481 ) * .448
    • 22.3% Damage Taken = ( 1 - .473) * ( 1 - .554 ) * ( 1 - 0.05)
    • Full: 28.6% = 1 - [Defended] - [shielded]
    • 42.4% Damage Taken = ( 1 - .554 ) * ( 1 - 0.05)

FTKE Damage Taken = 32.6%

• Resisted: 2.3%
    • 0 Damage Taken
    • Shielded: 43.8% = ( 1 - .023) * .448
    • 22.3% Damage Taken = ( 1 - .473) * ( 1 - .554 ) * ( 1 - 0.05)
    • Full: 53.9% = 1 - [Resisted] - [shielded]
    • 42.4% Damage Taken = ( 1 - .554 ) * ( 1 - 0.05)

FTIE Damage Taken = 67.1%

• Resisted: 2.3%
    • 0 Damage Taken
    • Full: 97.7% = 1 - [Resisted]
    • 68.7% Damage Taken = ( 1 - .277 ) * ( 1 - 0.05)

------------

Post Mittigation Damage = [MRKE Damage taken] + [FTKE Damage Taken] + [FTIE Damage Taken]

Total Damage Taken = [Total Migiation] * [Premitigation DtPS] - [Absorb Shields]

Total Damage reduction % = 100% - [Total Damage Taken] / [Premittigation DtPS]

Post Mittigation Damage = 32.8%

• MRKE: 9.2% = 17.3% * 53%
    • FTKE: 7.5% = 32.6% * 23%
    • FTIE: 16.1% = 67.1% * 24%

Total Damage taken = 1651.9

[*] 1968 = 32.8% * 6000

[*] - 316.1 Absorb Shields

Total Damage Reduction = 72.5%

• 1 - 1651.9/6000

Hope this clears up your confusion

Edited by Goblin_Lackey

I'm confused now because Innervate is 60 force as stated in the patch notes. Shouldn't it be 54 then ?

Edit : I just double checked. Static Barrier costs 26 force where it should cost 40, Dark heal costs 58 force instead of 63, and Roaming Mend 49 instead of 58. Everything costs less than what it's supposed to except Innervate, Dark Infusion and Revivification.

Clarification for the Sorcerer | Sage Force Costs:

The key to understanding the force costs is the order of operations for costs.

Specifically, it Multiplies before Adding for force costs. (This is different than the way it handles the rest of the combat maths)

For example:

Static Barrier costs a base of 45 force.

This is reduced by 10% to a new cost of 40.5 force.

Then the -15 force cost from Efficacious Currents.

For a total cost of 25.5 force.

the cost is then rounded to the nearest integer: 26 force cost.

*special note: the reported cost for Innervate and all channels is hardcoded in and not a variable like in other abilities.

Sorcerer Force Cost break down:

Sorcerer Force Cost break down:

*alacrity can be ignored because it uniformly increases both use rate and force regen.

Rotation:

Innervate > Innervate* > Consuming Darkness > Filler > Resurgence > Roaming Mend

Innervate > Innervate* > Consuming Darkness > Filler > Resurgence > Static Barrier

Innervate

Original Cost: 60

True Cost: 54 = 4 * ( ( 60 / 4 ) * .9 )

Use Rate: 8.48s

Force Cost per Second: 6.37 = 54/8.48

Resurgence

Original Cost: 40

True Cost: 36 = 40 * .9

Use Rate: 8.48s

Force Cost per Second: 4.24 = 36/8.48

Static Barrier

Original Cost: 45

True Cost: 26 = 25.5 = 45 * .9 - 15

Use Rate: 16.97s

Force Cost per Second: 1.53 = 26/16.97

Dark Heal

Original Cost: 70

True Cost: 0 = FREE

Use Rate: 33.93s

Force Cost per Second: 0 = 0/33.93

Revivification

Original Cost: 60

True Cost: 34 = 60 * .9 - 2 * 10 (use at 2 stacks for 1 GCD activation)

Use Rate: 25.45s

Force Cost per Second: 1.34 = 34/25.45

Dark Infusion

Original Cost: 45

True Cost: 41 = 40.5 = 45 * .9

Use Rate: 50.9s

Force Cost per Second: 0.81 = 41/50.9

Roaming Mend

Original Cost: 65

True Cost: 49 = 48.5 = 65 * .9 - 10

Use Rate: 16.97s

Force Cost per Second: 2.89 = 49/16.97

Consuming Darkness

Original Cost: -40

True Cost: -50 = -40 -5 -5

Use Rate: 6.79s

Force Cost per Second: -7.37 = -50/6.79

Total Cost per second: 9.81 = 6.37 +4.24 +1.53 +0 +1.34 +0.81 +2.89 - 7.37

Regeneration = 8 f/s

Reverse Consumptions: 2 f/s

Rotation shown is slightly force positive by 0.19 Force per second.

Potentially this means that one Consuming Darkness could be replaced with one static Barrier every 400 seconds {400s = (26 + 50) / 0.19)}. But it won't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

Stack Generation Check: (gut check)

Critical Chance ~= 40%

50% of Innervates have Force Bending (+25% Critical)

Normal:

• 0 stack = 12.96%
  • 1 stacks = 34.56%
  • 2 stacks = 34.56%
  • 3 stacks = 17.92%

Force Bending:

• 0 stack = 1.5%
  • 1 stacks = 11.15%
  • 2 stacks = 31.06%
  • 3 stacks = 56.3%

Average Stacks per Innervate: 2 stacks

Stacks Gained Per second: 0.236 = 2 / 8.48s

Stacks Spent Per second:

Consuming Darkness: .147 = 1 / 6.79s

Revivification: .079 = 2 / 25.45s

Stack check: 0.01 = .236 - .147 - .079

Check passed.

Should I be going for the numbers off of *Master Stim* or the numbers off of the *Healer vs Number of Targets*

I noticed they have two different numbers, slightly, but curious which one to use for gearing?

The difference is actually irrelevant; the HPS numbers won't move no matter which you choose.

The reason why they may be different is that I have to manually enter the Healers vs Number of Targets numbers while the others are automatically generated off of the 3 target base.

Update on a possible rotation for Madness built around using DoT's accelerated by Polarity Shift and an Alacrity Adrenal (or Supercharged Celerity)...

12s reapplication is stable.

It is almost impossible to fail the reapplication. The reapplication happens about 0.5s after the 6th tick so you have space to play around if needed. 12s doesn't interfere with 15s CD on Demolish, Death Field and Force Leech...

Only downside is the rotation is stable for about 20min. After that, you will need to revert to the 18s DoT application.

EDIT : Well... This is true for Supercherged Celerity. Using the adrenal is something else. The 12s reapplication with the Adrenal is only possible with 500 alacrity or less... More and you will clip too close to your 6th tick to be safe.. And at 625, you will clip before the 6th tick.

This also applies to the 13.5s... So it is actually less stable than I thought... I'll keep working on it.. Trying to find a sure way to optimize the clipping.

I do not know if you are still working on this one at all but my main is Sage Balance and I have a rotation that I use in raid that usually gets me really good numbers but it is pretty terrible on force management. This is without any opener or anything like that (put into imp terms since that is what you guys seem to like more):

Death Field

Proc'ed Demolish

Creeping Terror

Affliction

Force Leech

Force Lightening

Proc'ed Lightening Strike

Force Lightening

Force Lightening Clipped

I throw recklessness in before a death field if there is not multiple targets so that the set bonus with cover DF, Demolish and Leech. Also, I tend to use Polarity shift pretty much on cooldown.

I know that this is clipping the DOT's a bit but it is only about 1 tick usually and this line up the cooldowns for DF, Demolish and Leech nicely, there is very little down time on them unless it is mechanic related.

And I know that this is not the optimal rotation for parsing numbers, but in a raid setting I have found it to be easier to keep up on the bosses. I have some older parses linked in my profile if you want to see what it is able to do in raid.

GEM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I honestly don't understand any of this at all. I'm not that new to the game but it's my first MMO and I don't understand any concepts discussed here. Could someone help me out, particularly with the tanking bit?

Which tanking bit are you confused on? Are you guardian/Jugg, vanguard/power tech or shadow/assassin?

This guide is not relevant for the tank ... the developers have done so that the insert 224 are not relevant to NIM 4.0 .... and it makes no play:confused:

What are you talking about ? I know a lot of tanks geared in full 224 who don't have any problem in NiM.

im having some issues with my sorc im currently in all 224 except for 1 relic, and 1 implant which is a 220 mk 1, 2 non set armor pieces (the OH and the head) rest are set pieces ,

my stats are as follows: 6306 endurance / mastery 5220 / power 2923/ critical 1146/ alacrity 1015/ accuracy 701

Sorcerer - Madness || Sage - Balance

6736 DPS @ 43.1 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1207 Critical (4xE, 5xA, 2xC) | 964 Alacrity (4xE, 4xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

now my question is would it be better for a higher alacrity rating or swap an alacrity aug out for a crit one?

if i go with putting the crit one in im about 12 points over the crit rating and im about 20 point under the alacrity rating but if i go with the alacrity im about 51 points over the rating and 60 points under the crit rating

Hi all,

i need a hand here with the stat sheet. I want build a gear with the stats on the sheet but i have a problem how to do it.

First of all i must say cuz i talkd with may ppl on my Server... i dont oriantate me in my current gear and stats. So dint dont do like the most... ok i have 107,82% Acc so i need an acc enhan... ok next i have 1288 crit so to get opt crit 1297 i have to...

I dont think and act like that.

I try to build a gear to reatch the opt. stats on the sheet without any curent gear (so i can also plan gears for chars they do not exsist yet). So is there any Gear Calculator or Equipment tool like oter MMOs to do it?

I only have as oriantation items with the right set bonus but if it comes as example to ear or implants... witch of the 3 i have to pick for the right gear?

Also i have a problem to understand in the sheet... examples:

a) Augements for a Pyrotech with 216 gear are 1x Alacrity 7x Accuracy and 12x Critical... *** how is this possible? I only have 14 Items so how can i get 20 Augments?

b) Enhancement Slots... On every Class Spec are Enhancments for 10 Slots like Pyrotech 3x Crit 5x Alacrity 2x Acciracy... ok but how can i get 10 Enhancment Slots? As i see i have with every Character only 7 (Head, Body, Arm, Leg, Feet, Main Hand, Off Hand)

I rly need to anderstand how you form opt. stats from the sheet into gear. Every 224 Gear has different Implants and Enhancment and Releics, Implants and Earpices are fix so to select a wrong here = lost 224 item drop cuz you need to get a new one. (or rip out an implant or enhancment from a 224 gear to replace them for another 224)

I have a few Character so i dont how it works to build a reference gear for them all.

Thanks

b) Enhancement Slots... On every Class Spec are Enhancments for 10 Slots like Pyrotech 3x Crit 5x Alacrity 2x Acciracy... ok but how can i get 10 Enhancment Slots? As i see i have with every Character only 7 (Head, Body, Arm, Leg, Feet, Main Hand, Off Hand)

Your Implants and Earpiece count as Enhancement slots.

im having some issues with my sorc im currently in all 224 except for 1 relic, and 1 implant which is a 220 mk 1, 2 non set armor pieces (the OH and the head) rest are set pieces ,

my stats are as follows: 6306 endurance / mastery 5220 / power 2923/ critical 1146/ alacrity 1015/ accuracy 701

Sorcerer - Madness || Sage - Balance

6736 DPS @ 43.1 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1207 Critical (4xE, 5xA, 2xC) | 964 Alacrity (4xE, 4xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

now my question is would it be better for a higher alacrity rating or swap an alacrity aug out for a crit one?

if i go with putting the crit one in im about 12 points over the crit rating and im about 20 point under the alacrity rating but if i go with the alacrity im about 51 points over the rating and 60 points under the crit rating

It actually doesn't really matter how you swap around the augments. When you are keeping the same total number of stats (for example swapping one augment for another), the total DPS level stays fairly close to the same level. You can actually switch around 200 or more points without seeing any changes.

While the values I gave are for the absolute max, small deviations from that gearing does not produce large DPS changes. The actual expected DPS change would be on the order of 1 DPS (ie unnoticeable).

The largest DPS changes are from tightening up your rotation and executing it like clockwork.