The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

It's very simple:

Pve'rs don't want to pvp because they don't like it.

Pvp'ers don't want Pve'rs doing pvp because they have 1000 expertise, die in 2 secs, don't know how to play objectives and just get gestroyed over and over.

Doing warzones at level 65 now is just asking for a bullet in the head, EVERY match 4~5 people with 59k HP when fully pvp geared is about 67~72k.

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

I blame BIOWARE, again, messing up things we always told them not to do since BETA: Do NOT force PvP.

Then you say "it's a matter of choice, you don't have to do pvp if don't want to". Well, a companion is all about PvE, some people love that companion. Why the hell Bioware put a pvp aspect on it? Both are unhappy with this.

EDIT: Some people just don't get my point(maybe a language barrier, english is my 3rd language).

Example: you're in a raid and 2 guys are doing everything wrong, waking up sleeping targets, standing on bosses marks etc etc... Do you want these kind of player on your raid group? NO.

This is whats happening in warzones right now, pve players getting destroyed, not even bothering on how to play objectives, having 1000 expertise.. You want this guy on your pvp team? NO.

I hated every moment getting all the datacrons, but I wasn't MESSING WITH OTHER PEOPLE's game. Understand now?

So I suggest to change the method to get this companion. It's not even full release and there's 4+ pve players on my team EVERY warzone. I don't blame them.

Edited by NogueiraA

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can reaquire him from the terminal that brings back old companions on the class that could normally get him

You only need to do the pvp mission if you wish to recruit him as an alliance member, which is an option that you are not required to ever do

I don't see any point in changing this, he is not required and he can be retained on the normal class that gets him without doing the pvp missions

Also note: pierce on the imp side works the same way as 4x (pub side) as in: pvp required to get him as an alliance member but retrievable from the terminal on the class that normally gets him

It's not so much removing PvP that is needed than offering an alternative.

Don't try to bull**** me in saying your character can't participate in the war effort if he doesn't PvP.

Qyzen offers two options to get him: World Bosses (So, group content) and Jaganath preys on Hoth (Solo).

Why doesn't Forex/Pierce offer the same?

And don't try to tell me I don't need them, because if you do, you are more than likely a PvP player, thus you don't think like I do and I won't waste my time explain to you why a "PvE reward" (It's not, it's story content) should not be locked behind PvP requirement only.

Where is the terminal?

But agree with OP PvP should not be forced. It is pointless to say you don't have to have him. How about I tell you must do 100 space mission plus 200 starfighter to get say Vette? Ok sure players who like doing them wont mind everyone else will. It does not matter if it 100 or just 2 the principle is the same. Also saying that companion can be gotten by the class that originally him is also pointless as this was done so you could take who you wanted regardless of class.

It's very simple:

Pvp'ers don't want Pve'rs doing pvp because they have 1000 expertise, die in 2 secs, don't know how to play objectives and just get gestroyed over and over.

Doing warzones at level 65 now is just asking for a bullet in the head, EVERY match 4~5 people with 59k HP when fully pvp geared is about 67~72k.

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

I blame BIOWARE, again, messing up things we always told them not to do since BETA: Do NOT force PvP.

Then you say "it's a matter of choice, you don't have to do pvp if don't want to". Well, a companion is all about PvE, some people love that companion. Why the hell Bioware put a pvp aspect on it? Both are unhappy with this.

OMG so we have to do a tiny bit of PvP compared to the huge amount of PvE PvPers have to do.

And you don't HAVE to do it via PvP, just go to the terminal if you are a Trooper. So only those who are getting him via alliance need to PvP, and again, they don't have to have him, so it isn't required.

OMG so we have to do a tiny bit of PvP compared to the huge amount of PvE PvPers have to do.

And you don't HAVE to do it via PvP, just go to the terminal if you are a Trooper. So only those who are getting him via alliance need to PvP, and again, they don't have to have him, so it isn't required.

And here, just like I said. You don't and won't ever understand. It's not about it being "required". It's the principle: Locking story content behind PvP is not the way to make me play PvP (Insulting me isn't the way either, FYI).

In fact, I played one warzone just now. You know what? I got chain killed, I was useless, I pissed off my teammates, it pissed me off. Excellent way to make me enjoy the game: I either have to force myself to play a part of the game I loathe, keep the quest taunting me in my log, never to be completed, or never start it and permanently have a glowy "Followers and Contact" icon until the end of time.

Taunting PvE players isn't the way to make them play PvP either. It's just the best way to get "sitters" (What I'm probably gonna do in my next Warzones) in your team ruining your experience.

BTW, the terminal doesn't work as of now. So it's not a solution. And that's just for troopers and Warriors (For Pierce). That means if I want to max out my Alliance on all my alts, I'll have to play between 200 to 400 Warzones in total (That number being probably closer to the second one because I'm a burden to my team and fill up a spot a skilled player could occupy instead). What was your first sentence? Ah yes, "a little PvP". Well, next time think before you write stupid things like that.

Ok so they ask you to do PVP... but who says you have to do it?

You aren't being forced and it's not a requirement to progress. It's only required to unlock 1 companion. It's not like you can't complete the KotFE expansion without him.

So if you want the companion, play the required rounds of PVP and get him.

I see it as similar to the Rakghoul plague requirement for Lokin, I cannot stand the Rakghoul events and tend to refrain from participation.... However, if I really want that companion, I am going to suck it up and do it for the quest-line only. Yes, if there was another way to get Lokin, I'd take it but there's not, so I make the choice to participate (or not). No-one at Bioware is MAKING you PVP. It's on you to choose. This x-pac was all about choices.

Edited by Baby-Girl

Doing 20 warzones for Pearce is more easy than what's required for Qyzen. World bosses or those champion things where I have no idea where to find them. All you need to do is to queue up.

You may not like being forced to do pvp bit have some thought for those pvpers who don't like spending ages trying for some time to make progress with Qyzen and not getting anywhere....

No sympathy.

Doing 20 warzones for Pearce is more easy than what's required for Qyzen. World bosses or those champion things where I have no idea where to find them. All you need to do is to queue up.

You may not like being forced to do pvp bit have some thought for those pvpers who don't like spending ages trying for some time to make progress with Qyzen and not getting anywhere....

No sympathy.

Those jagganath targets aren't that hard to find, and easy to kill. I found 5 in the mountains at the back of outpost Leth yesterday. Found at least four more today there. So easy compared to a PVE player trying to start doing warzones at level 65 in PVE gear. And in any case, if you can't rolfstomp those targets (which even I, as as filthy casual can lol) and it takes you a while, you're not affecting other people's playtime. But if I suck at PVP and end up in a warzone, I gimp all my team mates. So it's no fun for anyone involved.

Ok so they ask you to do PVP... but who says you have to do it?

You aren't being forced and it's not a requirement to progress. It's only required to unlock 1 companion. It's not like you can't complete the KotFE expansion without him.

So if you want the companion, play the required rounds of PVP and get him.

I see it as similar to the Rakghoul plague requirement for Lokin, I cannot stand the Rakghoul events and tend to refrain from participation.... However, if I really want that companion, I am going to suck it up and do it for the quest-line only. Yes, if there was another way to get Lokin, I'd take it but there's not, so I make the choice to participate (or not). No-one at Bioware is MAKING you PVP. It's on you to choose. This x-pac was all about choices.

Even if they are NOT forcing you, they're making both PVE and PVP players really upset for the reasons in my first post.

I agree with OP. Don't ever Force people to PVP, especially in a PVE oriented game. Had the game been made for PVP from the ground up then fair enough, but since SWTOR is at its core a PVE game give us a PVE option as-well. I refuse to do PVP in PVE games. Mainly due to Class balance issues it brings and because PVP'ers are usually a loud mouthed minority in all PVE games and I just hate PVP in general. Edited by Porlae

1) Where is this terminal to get companions back? I'm dying to know. I miss Iresso and Nadia.

2) I had Qyzen at max affection when KotFE came along, and he remembered. I was able to bypass his quest option on the spot and just recruit him then and there. I had already PVP'd to Valor 40 (I'm closer to 60 now) so I just reminded MX that I already kicked enough arse, and he agreed and came aboard.

I imagine the MX thing is meant to be a treat for PVPers but c'mon, guys. I count 14 active companions right now just off of what I take through questlines, without finding this terminal you speak of. All of them perform based on affection, which you can buy up easily enough, and you earn it winning battles and such. All of them are essentially the same now, identical save for skins and voices, and graded on how much influence you have on them overall (And they're beasts in any role now). Basically: You don't need MX for anything at all. He's as optional as they get at this point. if you don't need him and don't want him, don't worry about it. He won't act or perform differently from any other companion at this point.

It's very simple:

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

I disagree, Bioware isn't forcing anything and I don't mind having people that don't know what they are doing in WZs. Sometimes it works to your benefit, sometimes not.

It's very simple:

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

You can't hide from PVP, we will invade your home worlds, your fleet, we will find you, and we will force PVP

It's very simple:

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

You know this is a MMO, right? MMOs have had pvp as a core part of their systems since the 90s. Deal with it or go play a RPG. The faster you story people are out of the game, the sooner this game can get interesting.

Edited by MuratReis

It's very simple:

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

A man can have anything... If he's willing to sacrifice everything.

So if you want 4X, or Pierce on someone other than a trooper or warrior, then you have to sacrifice. Bioware warned you in the trailer.

A man can have anything... If he's willing to sacrifice everything.

So if you want 4X, or Pierce on someone other than a trooper or warrior, then you have to sacrifice. Bioware warned you in the trailer.

Yeah, I figured the them of the Expac was sacrifice.

You know this is a MMO, right? MMOs have had pvp as a core part of their systems since the 90s. Deal with it or go play a RPG. The faster you story people are out of the game, the sooner this game can get interesting.

:D:D:D Sorry, but the way things are going - it's you - the MMOers - who will be out of the game first, because I think it's quite clear what kind of a statement Bioware made with this expansion - they want the "story people" as you call them and they don't even treat this game as an MMO anymore, considering there is no "mmo content" in this expansion.

Where is this terminal folks are talking about tho get your old crew back?

I've seen 3 other people so far asking. Is it on Odessan? I've been all over that place and haven't seen such a thing.

Its in your base on Odessan, in the room just before the smuggler. It's a circular thing with a holomap projected above it. It's bugged but should hopefully be fixed with the next patch.

Edited by Infidelious