Overpowered companions 4.0

Falkuhn

Hi all,

Sorry if this is being talked about elsewhere but I can't find another topic.

Why are companions severely overpowered now? I'm on Dromund Kaas and my companion (Mako, as a healer) has almost 3x as much health as I do.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch notes out today show no fix for it, so it is intended.

/soeasymytoddlercanplayit

That's what I was thinking too. It takes a lot of the fun out of the game. I have no fear walking into a heroic area because I know I can just switch my companion to DPS or Tank and they'll take out enemies like they're trash enemies.

Edited by Falkuhn

While companions are pretty strong now and it makes things easy, i kinda like it vs the old companions that even with moderately decent gear couldn't fend for themselves unless you microed them.

Now, i can actually direct my companion to attack something and know that (s)he won't get blown up while i dispatch the other trash we're fighting.

Edited by LordMordeth

I will need to test it myself over the next few days but I have always found that for the first few planets I was the "companion". However I have never tried it under 4.0 conditions with full datacron unlocks and the 10,000 "affection" presence bonuses from all companions.

While companions are pretty strong now and it makes things easy, i kinda like it vs the old companions that even with moderately decent gear couldn't fend for themselves unless you microed them.

Now, i can actually direct my companion to attack something and know that (s)he won't get blown up while i dispatch the other trash we're fighting.

I understand your point, and I agree somewhat. But when a companion can solo an elite that's a higher level than you with ease I think there needs to be a line drawn as to how powerful these companions can be.

Yea at first I chalked this up to just over-tuned stats but new patch notes make no mention of changing so I guess this is how it's going to be? M1-4X at level 18 has 10, 200 health :eek: Haven't seen that much hp from my characters till about 40s+.

Also all my companions for some odd reason have removed their pants, no lie. All their other gear is intact yet they all are in underwear. Perhaps this is the secret to their strength? :p

I highly doubt its intended, just because they didn't feel the need to fix it right away does not mean its intended. My guess is they just messed up the conversion from player to companion. I would guess it will be addressed fairly quick.

If you have all datacrons and presence unlocks, please shut up about this, because DUH of course they'll be hella strong.

This.

Though I didn't get 2 pubs class stories done my comps did have max affection and dominated PvE pre-4.0

Now I find them about the same. Maybe because I'm on my 65 still rocking 55 min/maxed ops gear but I don't see the companions as Over Powered. But they set as DPS. Don't need a tank or healer companion.

They're not overpowered. The stuff in the game has had the difficulty lowered. They understand that not everyone needs a challenge to stroke their ego - sometimes games are about fun.

They have metrics, you don't.

Agree here,My god the stuff people complain about here is just crazy. I love how they are now. They don't DIE so easy anymore and you guys have a problem with it. So freakin unbelievably.

They're not overpowered. The stuff in the game has had the difficulty lowered. They understand that not everyone needs a challenge to stroke their ego - sometimes games are about fun.

They have metrics, you don't.

It's not about having one's ego stroked. Some people find challenge to be fun. If there's no challenge then there's no sense of accomplishment. If there's no challenge, at what point does this cease being a game and become an over-priced movie.

It's not about having one's ego stroked. Some people find challenge to be fun. If there's no challenge then there's no sense of accomplishment. If there's no challenge, at what point does this cease being a game and become an over-priced movie.

There was no challenge to leveling before 4.0....I fail to see how it's an issue now? :confused:

It is no game design when you can go afk and let the companion do everything alone.

That's your opinion. That's all it is. No metrics, just your thoughts on the matter.

I like the redesign. I think it adds to the fun. See, that's my opinion.

They're allowed to be different.

If you have all datacrons and presence unlocks, please shut up about this, because DUH of course they'll be hella strong.

Yeah its not just companions who are overpowered due to unlocks, I checked a brand new level 1 warrior last night (who has all datacrons unlocked, all companions were at 10,000 affection with completed conversations and a level 50 human character) and my starting stats were:

Mastery: 252

Endurance: 102

Presence: 500 (I might be wrong about this as this would be the "base" amount)

Now I have just done a quick calculation from a website showing the new armourmech gear and that's like the stats of a level of nearly 16 character and this is without any gear at all.

That's your opinion. That's all it is. No metrics, just your thoughts on the matter.

I like the redesign. I think it adds to the fun. See, that's my opinion.

They're allowed to be different.

Great, can you hand out some examples of games where you do not need to do anything?

Also all my companions for some odd reason have removed their pants, no lie. All their other gear is intact yet they all are in underwear. Perhaps this is the secret to their strength? :p

I am going to go with the "No Pants" theory of Companion Strength.

Edited by Stretch