I love 99% of what bioware has done. Suck it haters

thereter

Do I think the new expansion is perfect? Of course not. But its obvious that a lot of tender loving care has gone into this game. The story is fantastic and I'm loving the new characters.

It should be apparent that the MMO genre is not doing too well. This expansion seems to be an attempt at grabbing new players who hate the grind of MMOs. I personally have 2 coworkers who stumbled on the trailers and got interested in the game. One of them already started an account and is playing through Korriban.

IMHO if bioware continues down the heavy MMO path the game will eventually die off. I embrace the changes they are making to a game I love. EA isn't trying to kill off the game or anything even if a small number of hardcore subscribers feel this game is no longer for them.

Sorry to those who read. I just had to say this.

I'm liking it so far. What parts of the story I've done have been fantastic and I feel more connected to my char than ever before. While the changes weren't drastic ... after all the original game is still there ... they were in a direction I can grow to really love.

It should be apparent that the MMO genre is not doing too well. This expansion seems to be an attempt at grabbing new players who hate the grind of MMOs..

Sorry I was under the impression that getting max influence for companions is now a massive grind

The story is great, and some of the changes they've made to the game overall, has left me thinking what would have been if they actually did this from the begining! Still bugs as always leave people with a bad taste in the mouth.

I do wonder if it was such a great idea to release the expansion right after the movie trailer though. Personally if I had a say I would have made sure it came out BEFORE the Force Awaken's trailer!

Do I think the new expansion is perfect? Of course not. But its obvious that a lot of tender loving care has gone into this game. The story is fantastic and I'm loving the new characters.

It should be apparent that the MMO genre is not doing too well. This expansion seems to be an attempt at grabbing new players who hate the grind of MMOs. I personally have 2 coworkers who stumbled on the trailers and got interested in the game. One of them already started an account and is playing through Korriban.

IMHO if bioware continues down the heavy MMO path the game will eventually die off. I embrace the changes they are making to a game I love. EA isn't trying to kill off the game or anything even if a small number of hardcore subscribers feel this game is no longer for them.

Sorry to those who read. I just had to say this.

Um, I'd love to agree with you, but I haven't seen very much of the new material. My Harbinger server is down. Again. :rolleyes:

Edited by Grue_Hunter

well your in the minority

and once u finish that 6-7 hours of gameplay, you will see what everyones is saying, so... ya

No, he's not. Between fleet chat, and chat on all of the new planets, the vast majority of people are talking about really enjoying it. Sure, there are quite a few people asking questions because of confusion or bugs. But I've only seen a handful of people who were vocal about disliking it...and they are the usual negative people that don't ever have a good thing to say about anything. The forums do not in any way, shape, or form represent the majority of this game.

I'm with OP on this. I loved the new changes and hope they continue in this direction. If you don't like it, then hopefully you'll enjoy another MMO. :)

I like this direction.

Some of the best experiences I've had, is the direction that I think SWTOR is trying to go.

The acutal story of a SP game, but with the potential to do awesome things with a group.

I can group and jam with whoever I want, whenever I want, and I'm not missing anything.

Which is great, because OPs groups tend to be a bit... snotty and obstinate.

Still, really enjoying it thus far.

I like 4.0 too (haven't tried the new story). There are bugs that need working out (got a Flashpoint drop that wants me to be level 177, for example), but over all I think these are smart changes.

My only real issues are that companions are now waaay overpowered (like, has to be a mistake overpowered) and they lost all their unique moves and weapon proficiencies. The loss of uniqueness is a real bummer, but the ridiculous power is kinda starting to turn me off the game. Rolling by myself is still a bit of a slog, but summoning a comp is beyond easy mode.

I welcome the changes. They've been a long time coming.

Most of the complaining I've been seeing in game has been from players too lazy to read the patch notes, or simply can't handle change. I would venture to guess that there are some players who've already had one foot out the door and needed to move on, anyway. More power to them. As for me, I look forward to enjoying the game I still love.

My guildies and I are having a blast. We can't remember the last time we enjoyed content more since launch.

The new direction is a good one. Everything being equal, BW delivered here. And I'm looking forward to much much more in the coming months.

I am having a blast. I am not at the expansion story yet as I just hit level 39 today, my highest character. I won't be doing the free 60.

I have been playing this game off and on since release (32 was my highest before my 39), but yesterday I couldn't log off. I was on for roughly 12 hours with a few breaks. Hadn't had this much fun in a long time :) I absolutely love not having to worry about outleveling a planet. I think that was my biggest issue with the game. I love following progression of questing, and not leveling. And once everything turned grey, it wasn't as fun 1 shotting everything. It is rather simple with the companions being beefed up drastically, but atleast the fights are a bit longer (compared to outleveling and 1 shotting).

They did a great job :)

99% Huh? Yeah sure, 4.0 screwed up companions, screwed up flashpoints, took away the majority of non-cartel orange gear (a significant source of gear for leveling characters, aka the majority of the game), and added the whole level-synch thing and a ton of grind, but a few hours of incomplete story more than makes up for all that right?

99% Huh? Yeah sure, 4.0 screwed up companions, screwed up flashpoints, took away the majority of non-cartel orange gear (a significant source of gear for leveling characters, aka the majority of the game), and added the whole level-synch thing and a ton of grind, but a few hours of incomplete story more than makes up for all that right?

Be careful about the "My opinion is fact" fallacy.

But but, I can't bang my old companions again!

And the map is telling me to walk through a Pub base forcing me to PvP even though I can go around it on my own!

Some of my stuff is worthless now! This is like my Thunderfury in Warcraft that I worked so hard for all over again!

Gamebreaking! /unsub