Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

Tweeting...hmm...that would be something, if this issue is what finally makes me get a Twitter account...not that I expect tweeting gets acknowledged either. Is there a specific hashtag people use to tweet about this? I'd love to see how many comments have already been made.

(Fun side note: My autocorrect thinks "hashtag" should be "hashish".)

Edit to add: Wow...400 posts, over 17 thousand views, and not a single dev giving a crap. This is really, really sad.

Edited by Loredalso

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped a few of my other characters into KotFE and played up until the point where you can tell if your romance was ignored or not to see if it affected all of them (I could just escape out of convo if it wasn't mentioned and wait) and they were okay....so far.

Would you mind detailing which conversation that is? Because right now just sitting on my hands being afraid to play my characters isn't working for me.

Then again, if starting KotFE is what breaks it, maybe I don't even want to do that.

Edited by Cedia

Would you mind detailing which conversation that is? Because right now just sitting on my hands being afraid to play my characters isn't working for me.

Ditto. I read...somewhere, that if you have an active romance with a companion, that companion will be the one you walk in with right at the beginning of Chapter I, but I'm starting to suspect that's not true. My inquisitor walks in with Andronikos at the beginning, so I've been assuming the romance with Ashara is broken. Am I wrong? Where exactly is that first sign something is amiss?

Edit to add:

Then again, if starting KotFE is what breaks it, maybe I don't even want to do that.

Why must you say these completely reasonable things that play to my fears?

Edited by Loredalso

Ditto. I read...somewhere, that if you have an active romance with a companion, that companion will be the one you walk in with right at the beginning of Chapter I, but I'm starting to suspect that's not true. My inquisitor walks in with Andronikos at the beginning, so I've been assuming the romance with Ashara is broken. Am I wrong? Where exactly is that first sign something is amiss?

No, that's not true at all. That character is the same for every base class, regardless of relationship status. Smuggler: Corso. Consular: Iresso. Knight: Kira. Trooper: Jorgan. Warrior: Vette. Inquisitor: Andronikos. Bounty Hunter: Mako. Agent: Kaliyo.

For the inquisitor, you won't be able to tell until you've completed chapter 2, as the dialog doesn't seem to be set up for them the same way as it is for the other classes. I received the appropriate message from Ashara after completing chapter 2 despite expected dialog options not being presented to me. In an earlier post, I suggested this may be part of that character's overall 'flavor', as it is with the smuggler and agent.

For every other class but smuggler, you will be able to talk to Valkorion about having found love. The smuggler only gets to do this once, near the beginning of the chapter; the second opportunity for every other class comes in the scene near the Eternal Throne before you "are reborn". I suspect that the agent also only receives one opportunity, since their lines are very similar to the smuggler's, but my sniper's romance was broken, and I deliberately romanced no one on my operative.

Edited by TaintedMustard

For every other class but smuggler, you will be able to talk to Valkorion about having found love. The smuggler only gets to do this once, near the beginning of the chapter; the second opportunity for every other class comes in the scene near the Eternal Throne before you "are reborn". I suspect that the agent also only receives one opportunity, since their lines are very similar to the smuggler's, but my sniper's romance was broken, and I deliberately romanced no one on my operative.

Hm, maybe I just missed it on my smuggler, then. Is it the "maybe you'll find love" conversation? Naturally my smuggler said she'd had a lot of lovers. :p Also, when is the letter supposed to come? I played up to Chapter 7 last night and just finished Chapter 9 about an hour ago and have not received a letter yet.

My main character is my (female) Bounty Hunter. Any ideas on their conversations?

Edited by Cedia

Hm, maybe I just missed it on my smuggler, then. Is it the "maybe you'll find love" conversation? Naturally my smuggler said she'd had a lot of lovers. :p Also, when is the letter supposed to come? I played up to Chapter 7 last night and just finished Chapter 9 about an hour ago and have not received a letter yet.

At the end of chapter 2. Sadly, that means it's bugged for you.

The first conversation occurs when Valkorion criticizes your choice of companions and tells you they will drift apart without you. The smuggler will get the chance to say something to the effect of, "well, I'm sharing a bunk with one of them."

The "maybe you'll find love" conversation doesn't let you say anything special as a smuggler. Mine said "I've had many lovers" and received the proper message from Akaavi. He did get the chance to say the "bunking together" line above, though.

My main character is my (female) Bounty Hunter. Any ideas on their conversations?

"I love one of them" for the companions convo and "I already found love" in the "maybe you'll find love too" convo. Same as the others (except smuggler, inquisitor and, as I said, probably agent).

Edited by TaintedMustard

At the end of chapter 2. Sadly, that means it's bugged for you.

The first conversation occurs when Valkorion criticizes your choice of companions and tells you they will drift apart without you. The smuggler will get the chance to say something to the effect of, "well, I'm sharing a bunk with one of them."

Hm, now I'm wondering if that's the trigger, and if you don't take it, it shuts your romance off. Sadly, my memory isn't want it used to be and I don't know if I got the bunk comment or not. I only remember that I tried to call out to them. After all, I did get a letter from Theran regarding their romance.

Hm, now I'm wondering if that's the trigger, and if you don't take it, it shuts your romance off. Sadly, my memory isn't want it used to be and I don't know if I got the bunk comment or not. I only remember that I tried to call out to them. After all, I did get a letter from Theran regarding their romance.

It's not the trigger. The conversation options will not be presented to you at all if the romance is bugged.

I believe that, no matter how you respond to either question, if the romance is active, you will still receive the appropriate e-mail.

It's not the trigger. The conversation options will not be presented to you at all if the romance is bugged.

I believe that, no matter how you respond to either question, if the romance is active, you will still receive the appropriate e-mail.

Yeah, I just watched both the romance and non-romance versions on YouTube and it jogged my memory. I apparently was bugged from the start. :confused:

Back on one of the earlier pages I posted the video of my sage talking to Valkorion, the conversation where you are able to tell him you have a LI. In my (bugged) conversation I had no option whatsoever to tell him about Felix. (I think it might be pg 2 or 3). The 2nd conversation with him is the one you mentioned where you can tell him you have found love with someone already. You will then get a mail from you LI after that. Chapter 4, maybe? I'm not sure on that part. But that is the order of the conversations and such and also how to tell if your romance is bugged. I'm so sorry to hear that your smuggler got hit with it, Cedia :(

Soon...hopefully soon. That's what I keep telling myself, lol.

About the hashtag thing, Loredalso, I never used one. I just tweeted @swtor. Maybe we should use one?

Back on one of the earlier pages I posted the video of my sage talking to Valkorion, the conversation where you are able to tell him you have a LI. In my (bugged) conversation I had no option whatsoever to tell him about Felix. (I think it might be pg 2 or 3). The 2nd conversation with him is the one you mentioned where you can tell him you have found love with someone already. You will then get a mail from you LI after that. Chapter 4, maybe? I'm not sure on that part. But that is the order of the conversations and such and also how to tell if your romance is bugged. I'm so sorry to hear that your smuggler got hit with it, Cedia :(

Soon...hopefully soon. That's what I keep telling myself, lol.

About the hashtag thing, Loredalso, I never used one. I just tweeted @swtor. Maybe we should use one?

Thank you! So it looks like it's pretty much Chapter 2 Dreams of Empire during that montage of your companions that you can tell.

I just took a long hot shower and thought this through some more. I think I'm going to go ahead and start it with my beloved Bounty Hunter, and if she's bugged, then I'll reroll her. All of her stuff is pretty much legacy or collection bound, so it's not that bad. It's either that or sit here fuming and waiting for BioWare to deign to fix their game, which does nothing but raise my blood pressure.

Well... IT CANNOT BE THE AGE OF THE TOON that is the cause of the bug, if it is universally affecting such; I have a toon THAT TRANSFERRED, was part of the game's ORIGINAL EARLY ACCESS before vanilla even released to the public, WHO WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE LANA BENIKO ROMANCE DURING SoR, played through Makeb, FINISHED THE VANILLA ROMANCE WITH VETTE YEARS AGO-

Not bugged. Thankfully, for me, but still.... Toon is too old, flirted with Lana, and has done all other content accept for some of the Ops and binocular missions.

The 2nd conversation with him is the one you mentioned where you can tell him you have found love with someone already. You will then get a mail from you LI after that. Chapter 4, maybe? I'm not sure on that part.

You get the e-mail immediately upon completing chapter 3 (after you're told how long you've been gone and then crash into the swamp). If you exit the area, you can go find a mail box.

Thank you, TaintedMustard! I was pretty sure it wasn't chapter 2. But couldn't remember if it arrived in 3 or 4.

I am SO sorry Cedia! That is awful :( Though I have sneaked a few of my other characters into KotFE and been safe, this is the very reason NONE of my female agents have touched it. Of all the romances, Vector is my favorite, and the thought of his romance getting bugged for my agents is unbearable!

We just need to band together and keep on BioWare about this. It really has passed the ridiculous stage in the amount of time that has passed with no word from them about this bug. :mad:

The thing is, there are folks for whom these things are not bugged, since YouTube videos exist of the "romance" conversation with Valkorian.

But the problem is that most people will go blithely through it and not know the difference, so we have no idea if it is broken for everyone as of the latest patch (unless some of you have tested it recently).

I'm just wondering how many times I'm going to have to reroll. *sigh*

In my case, the romance was broken upon launch of KotFE. I was unaware of the bug until the next day or would have escaped out of the conversation and shelved my sage until the bug was fixed. :(

So you have had characters go through successfully in 4.0.2a?

So you have had characters go through successfully in 4.0.2a?

I put my male agent into KotFE a couple nights ago. He was able to tell Valkorion that one of his team loved him. But I haven't gotten him far enough to see if he gets the letter yet. I'll let you know when I get him that far.

@Ishagu: Atm there doesn't seem to be a way to tell if the romance will be bugged until you have the first conversation with Valkorion in the dream sequence. Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Okay, so just to make sure I have this straight: The inquisitor doesn't get any love-related conversation options whether or not there is a romance, so if my male inquisitor starts into KotFE, the first sign of whether or not Ashara is broken will come after I complete Chapter 2. Is this correct? I'd really like to try at least some of the new stuff, but I want to make darned sure I know immediately if my story is bugged, because I don't want to go any further if it's broken.

@TinaLovesHan

I'd definitely start using a hashtag for this. The easier this is to see and recognize, the easier it is to search for and find online, the harder it will be (hopefully) for Bioware to continue ignoring us. Without something to group us together, we're just a smattering of scattered individuals. I could be wrong, but I think a united front has a better chance.

I have no idea what makes a good hashtag, but I titled my thread over in General Discussion "Forgotten Romance", which looks like it could work to me. Or maybe something like #brokenhearted, if you wanted to be cute about it being broken. I dunno; Twitter is a mystery to me, and I still think words look funny with number signs at the beginning of them.

I put my male agent into KotFE a couple nights ago. He was able to tell Valkorion that one of his team loved him. But I haven't gotten him far enough to see if he gets the letter yet. I'll let you know when I get him that far.

Okay, so it's not the latest patch that broke them, good to know.

I have the feeling that my BH broke back when Mako was giving her a romance quest. I always escaped out of it, maybe I shouldn't have. In any case, that bug is fixed so maybe my new character will be okay.

As far as my Smuggler goes, maybe it was the broken courting gifts that messed Corso up. I'm going to avoid them like the plague this time around.

@Loredalso: I only have a female Inquisitor and she was able to mention Andronikos in the dream convo with Valkorion (2 times) and she received a letter from him. I don't have a male Inquisitor to test out though. But I have seen quite a few with male Inquisitors say they weren't able to mention Ashara in convo but did get the letter from her.

ForgottenRomance is a good hashtag I think. I have a twitter account, but I'm horrible at twitter. I rarely make my own tweets and am mostly there to follow game devs, lol. Let me know if you're going to try it out :cool:

Okay, so just to make sure I have this straight: The inquisitor doesn't get any love-related conversation options whether or not there is a romance, so if my male inquisitor starts into KotFE, the first sign of whether or not Ashara is broken will come after I complete Chapter 2. Is this correct? I'd really like to try at least some of the new stuff, but I want to make darned sure I know immediately if my story is bugged, because I don't want to go any further if it's broken.

@TinaLovesHan

I'd definitely start using a hashtag for this. The easier this is to see and recognize, the easier it is to search for and find online, the harder it will be (hopefully) for Bioware to continue ignoring us. Without something to group us together, we're just a smattering of scattered individuals. I could be wrong, but I think a united front has a better chance.

I have no idea what makes a good hashtag, but I titled my thread over in General Discussion "Forgotten Romance", which looks like it could work to me. Or maybe something like #brokenhearted, if you wanted to be cute about it being broken. I dunno; Twitter is a mystery to me, and I still think words look funny with number signs at the beginning of them.

Male inqy DEFINITELY has a love reference and letter.

Male inqy DEFINITELY has a love reference and letter.

A love reference and a letter. All right, so where exactly is the first point that a male inquisitor with a romance and a male inquisitor without one diverge? What should I be watching for, so that I don't play further with a broken character?

By the way, Bioware (not that you care enough to read any of this), I actively avoid spoilers, especially Star Wars spoilers, because I like to enjoy the story as it comes. You'd be surprised how much I don't know about the upcoming Episode VII movie, and I'm pleased with my ignorance, because it will make the movie experience that much more enjoyable for me. It pisses me off that I have to actively ask for spoilers to guard against my story being broken in an expansion advertised for its story, because you can't be bothered to code things properly the first time, or to acknowledge your mistake when that comes to light...or, heaven forbid, to actually do anything about it at all.