Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

VICTORY!!!

No, that's not true. The bug still exists after all.

WON THE LOTTO!!!

Mordecham seems to have escaped this particular bug. There are two instances where the Sith Inquisitor gets to bring this up in Chapter 2, by the way. You get to mention you love a member of your crew, and later you get to say you have already known love. Mordecham got both options, and found a letter from Ashara after Chapter 2 ended. Huzzah! I get to play!

And I'm not about to take that kind of risk on any other characters, so let's see about getting this dealt with before it's the next character's turn, eh Bioware?

On to Chapter 3....

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VICTORY!!!

WON THE LOTTO!!!

Mordecham seems to have escaped this particular bug. There are two instances where the Sith Inquisitor gets to bring this up in Chapter 2, by the way. You get to mention you love a member of your crew, and later you get to say you have already known love. Mordecham got both options, and found a letter from Ashara after Chapter 2 ended. Huzzah! I get to play!

And I'm not about to take that kind of risk on any other characters, so let's see about getting this dealt with before it's the next character's turn, eh Bioware?

On to Chapter 3....

It's still so strange to me that I didn't receive the conversation options but still got the letter. I actually backed out of the conversation several times, exited/re-entered the area. Then I shelved my sorc for about a week before deciding to say 'eff it' and go ahead anyway.

VICTORY!!!

WON THE LOTTO!!!

On to Chapter 3....

YES! \o/

This means that 4.0.2a didn't completely mess it up and I have a chance with my new character!

It is very good that your character turned out to be safe from this bug, Loredalso! You will get to play through the chapters worry-free now :)

I just hope that BioWare doesn't continue to ignore those of us who skipped merrily through their new content completely unaware they were bugged until it was too late. :(

Now that I'm not completely absorbed into the story (and I've slept), I feel like I should point out how excited I was in that post, and how big a problem that is. That wasn't excitement over a new expansion, or excitement over an amazing story, or anything else that I should be excited about. That was excitement over finally finding out I can access content I paid for months ago without breaking everything I've worked on to do it. In other words, this is me being excited over something any normal person in any normal game would just assume. This is not good, Bioware. It is especially not good that I could only make this discovery by risking everything, because you still can't be bothered to even talk to us.

As a sidenote...I really need to stop checking out new (to me) content in the evening. I finally had to escape out after finishing Chapter 7 because it was 4:30 in the morning. Still two chapters to go, and they can wait until I'm not quite so tired anymore. ;)

Now that I'm not completely absorbed into the story (and I've slept), I feel like I should point out how excited I was in that post, and how big a problem that is. That wasn't excitement over a new expansion, or excitement over an amazing story, or anything else that I should be excited about. That was excitement over finally finding out I can access content I paid for months ago without breaking everything I've worked on to do it. In other words, this is me being excited over something any normal person in any normal game would just assume. This is not good, Bioware. It is especially not good that I could only make this discovery by risking everything, because you still can't be bothered to even talk to us.

As a sidenote...I really need to stop checking out new (to me) content in the evening. I finally had to escape out after finishing Chapter 7 because it was 4:30 in the morning. Still two chapters to go, and they can wait until I'm not quite so tired anymore. ;)

Exactly. Going into new content shouldn't be stressful.

I wholeheartedly agree. Look how much time was wasted that I could've been playing this new content, if there had been any indication at all that it was safe to play? As it stands, I still have to worry about any other character that makes it this far, because NO ONE IS WILLING TO TALK ABOUT THIS.

First, thank you for letting others to know about this bug.

My Main IA who romanced Vector to the end is ready for KOFTE (completed SOR -prelude included- Ziost, Makeb, every companion chats) but, after I've known this bug, I'm not starting it yet. I value every romance in every bioware games and I think it's not something trivial that you can ignore or pretend it doesn't matter - especially SWTOR and my agent and Vector.. :(

But I will try anyway for first few chapters soon to see if I'm lucky or not... (will post again then)

For more infos about my IA, she was created, romanced during 2012, Never transferred, flirted Theron just one chat :D:D I quite don't remember the SOR opening how my romance is aknowledged in there or not.

Anyway, please Bioware do fix this. If I find my IA unlucky I can't help but to unsub until it's fixed again. Will keep playing SWTOR though but in preferred state with limited access since I will just enjoy some endgame stuff from then.

Edited by Mooolkung

I've been waiting patiently, watching this thread, hoping for a BW response. I know they've probably been busy with the launch of KOTFE and with Thanksgiving, but I really wish someone would just acknowledge the state of things and let us know if a fix is being worked on. I have a lot of alts, but I've taken only a small number of them through the new content because I'd rather not risk this bug on any more characters. One of my agents had it.

Since discovering the bug, I've allowed only "risk-free" characters to enter KOTFE - in other words characters that either did not do a vanilla romance, or characters for whom I might ditch their old romance. Since I have played through one romance from every class, both the male and female options, that's 16 characters that I've set aside as unplayable in the new content. So far, I've risked my main, one "story guinea pig" alt, and 2 alts that are romancing the new NPC's. It's not the same though when I find myself using characters I don't have a strong emotional attachment to. I want to live the story with characters I care about, you know? But not if their histories get erased and their stories thrown off track.

Edited by CloudCastle

Strange update.

Remember when I said my sorcerer didn't get the right conversation options, but received Ashara's letter anyway?

Well, I had been holding back on leveling my assassin for the same reason. While testing my other characters through chapter 1, I backed out of the first conversation with Valkorion because of that. Just today I decided that since my sorcerer wasn't bugged, and so at least one had a working Ashara romance, I may as well just go through with my assassin. And then he got the correct dialog options with Valkorion.

I don't know what's gone on since the first time, but if you've got characters who have backed out of the conversation, give it a try again. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

Strange update.

Remember when I said my sorcerer didn't get the right conversation options, but received Ashara's letter anyway?

Well, I had been holding back on leveling my assassin for the same reason. While testing my other characters through chapter 1, I backed out of the first conversation with Valkorion because of that. Just today I decided that since my sorcerer wasn't bugged, and so at least one had a working Ashara romance, I may as well just go through with my assassin. And then he got the correct dialog options with Valkorion.

I don't know what's gone on since the first time, but if you've got characters who have backed out of the conversation, give it a try again. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

Perhaps the patch fixed it? One can only hope!

EDIT: Derp, patch is tomorrow. I got excited too early. :( But congratulations that it worked for you!

Edited by Cedia

@Mooolkung: This is why I haven't taken my 2 female agents into the new chapters yet. 1 of them being my "main" on the empire side. Because I don't want to take any risks with the Vector romance. He is most precious to me! :)

@TaintedMustard: I'm glad that worked for you. I wish I had known my main of all my characters was bugged before I completed all 9 chapters with her so I could have saved her relationship with Felix. Atm she is limbo until we receive word from BioWare since there is no other way to know if the bug is fixed. Except maybe by conversation with Felix when we meet him in the new chapters yet to come. But who knows when that will be? :(

Well, we know Kaliyo is coming in February, and that will make this romance bug (and all the other romance bugs) immediately important and obvious to any male agents that romanced her. When that happens, at least we'll know whether or not Bioware cares at all (since they can't be bothered to tell us themselves, that is).

Well, we know Kaliyo is coming in February, and that will make this romance bug (and all the other romance bugs) immediately important and obvious to any male agents that romanced her. When that happens, at least we'll know whether or not Bioware cares at all (since they can't be bothered to tell us themselves, that is).

I haven't seen one Agent post that their romance with Kaliyo was bugged. I have seen Temple mentioned numerous times though. I am going to keep hoping it will be fixed "soon."

I got a response to the ticket I sent in about this on the 10th today though. This is the email copy under spoiler tags.

Dear Tina,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for submitting this ticket, unfortunately, we will not be able to assist with this issue. We recommend sending it in as a bug report, so it reaches the QA team for testing, and hopefully a fix.

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people, and our community.

Please click here to begin: https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=A0-C921520208

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Regards,

Meys C.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

In game the response was that customer service can't fix it so please send a bug report, which of course I have. Numerous times. And we all know that bug reports get no answer. So we still don't know if this is being looked at or anything. :mad:

Supposed to get some patch notes today at some point. Cross your fingers that this is mentioned!

The only related entry in the Patch Notes that I could find was this:

"Players starting the Shadow of Revan Mission chain on their ship now see their companions react more specifically to their relationship status. "

Not helpful for those of us who have already passed that point. Sigh.

Yep. I see there is again no acknowledgement of this issue.

Every time there is to be a patch I think I can't get more disappointed in their handling of this matter. Then the patch notes are released with nothing about this and I find out I was wrong. I can be more disappointed.

I honestly don't see what is so hard about making one post saying we're aware of this issue and looking into it. But, apparently that is too much to ask for.

I received the below response on 11/20/15

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

First of all sorry about the late reply. It has been extremely busy due to the Knights of the Fallen Empire launch.

This is an issue that should hve been addressed in this weeks patch. I'm truly sorry that this is still affecting your game play. Rest assured that the developers are working hard to remedy this for everyone.

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people, and our community.

I replied on 11/21 seeking further clarification (and noticing that the response I received did not actually identify the issue I had):

First thank you for getting back to me. Even if there is no immediate solution, it is good to at least know the issue has been acknowledged. (for ease of reference, the game has not acknowledged my Agent REDACTED's romance with Raina Temple during chapter II of KOTFE either in the opening dialogue or the ending dialogue, where I have currently halted progress on the character.)

I have a clarifying question regarding your response you wrote "This is an issue that should h(a)ve been addressed in this weeks patch." by should, do you mean:

1. Bioware was intending to fix this issue as part of the patch but did not due to reasons (lack of time, still working on a fix). A fix for users experiencing this problem is continuing to be worked on. I should continue to wait.

OR

2. Bioware did fix this issue as part of the patch, and for most users who have had this issue, it is now corrected. Since I am still experiencing the issue (still not recognizing the romance at the ending dialogue of KOTFE Chapter II), my issue differs in some way from other users who had the issue corrected. Is there some specific action I should be taking in game (ex. advancing and seeing if get the email during Chapter III from Temple), or with the help center by filing an addition or supplemental bug report?

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help Bioware address this problem for me and other users.

As a final suggestion, I know it can be difficult to answer the large number of bug reports in a timely fashion for all users, but when it becomes clear an issue is widespread, a forum post acknowledging and validated that some users have an issue will always be appreciated by many people. The fact that this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843854 in the Bug Reports Forum is nearly a month old with 38 pages without any Bioware response makes me and other users feel that Bioware is unaware or indifferent to the issue and therefore the users.

Thank you.

I will send a second inquiry tomorrow if the matter has not been fixed with the patch.

I am glad someone else has noted that there romance bug spontaneously went away. I had the same thing happen with my Sorceror, but still no luck with the Agent.

My Knight, Trooper, Warrior, and Shadow all made it through with option to acknowledge the romance.

Edited by Jbeaker

Strange update.

I was thinking about this some more. Perhaps it has to do with the flags not being read correctly if you play straight through instead of breaking between chapters?

I know that both times I tried and was bugged, I played straight through. Has anyone else who was bugged stopped between chapters and was still bugged?

I was thinking about this some more. Perhaps it has to do with the flags not being read correctly if you play straight through instead of breaking between chapters?

I know that both times I tried and was bugged, I played straight through. Has anyone else who was bugged stopped between chapters and was still bugged?

I have. For the 2 characters that were fine I played straight through. But for the third I distinctly remember breaking between the first and second chapter and got the bug.

When I finally took my inquisitor through, I played straight through from Chapter 1 through Chapter 7, and he seems to be unbugged. I did, however, start and stop Chapter 1 multiple times before deciding to go through it. Edited by Loredalso

Gotta love the fact they acknowledge when a single decoration item is broken and TaitWatson IMMEDIATELY responds to it saying they are working on a fix. And yet the still IGNORE STORY BREAKING BUGS!!!

Oh, thank God. I was really worried about...whatever decoration you're talking about.

I played straight through on my main character (Nayelii, Consular on Shadowlands) and she is the character that experienced the bug. It was at launch (not sure if that makes a difference or not). Because who knows what causes this bug or if it's been fixed or not since launch.....since we've heard nothing. at. all.

I agree with you Promethio. It's pretty frustrating.