Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

Have to admit I'm mystified too by what the devs prioritize responding to - be nice to at least see it appear in the bug list :(

They don't want to admit it.... beginning to be clear as day. I'd call them an ostrich, per old wives tale, but it's clear... they're just effing chicken.

Not happy.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. This can't be a hard fix to implement. I understand BioWare wouldn't know who's data was lost until they get the bug reports, but there must be a way to add a dialog in-game attached to the holo device on Odyssen (used to summon a companion early) to the effect of "(Was this a romanced companion? Yes. No.)" then fire off the email from that companion and flag the romance as active before the up-coming chapters are released. It breaks the 4th wall a bit, but I'd rather have that than a broken romance.

There is still a possibility that certain romanced companions are silent for story reasons, but that doesn't explain the lack of a love option in chapter 2. I don't recall if Nadia/Iresso has contacted other folks in this thread or if they are consistently silent. I'll comb back through the thread to check.

I don't recall if Nadia/Iresso has contacted other folks in this thread or if they are consistently silent. I'll comb back through the thread to check.

No. Every one of them has a letter, and every one of them can be acknowledged (not by name) in the conversation options—as long as the romance is not bugged.

Edited by TaintedMustard

@Autumnpuma: TaintedMustard is correct. All LIs have a letter they will send if the romance didn't bug out.

The friend that I talked to that helped me discover that Nayelii was one of the unfortunate ones has a Consular that she ran through KotFE for me so she could tell me what the proper conversations with Valkorion should have been and showed me the screen shot of the letter she received from Iresso.

I agree with you though, there should be some way to reflag the romance or something. I (and I think one other in this thread) suggested having a confirmation in dialogue when the LI is reintroduced through story. The terminal could work as well.

As said a million times though: It would be nice to have some sort of comment from BioWare about it.

Here's a romance bug:

My marauder romanced Jaesa. He was a product of the first 12x week. Almost all of my other companions were neglected as far as conversations. After hitting 60 with him, he got "mothballed." I pulled him out the other day to prep him for TFE and started doing all of the newly unlocked companion conversations.

When I got to Vette, Lo and Behold, he was able to flirt with her. Ended up getting married to her.

Now he's a bigamist and will probably romance Lana in TFE. Hope there's no interstellar law against harems. ;)

Here's a romance bug:

My marauder romanced Jaesa. He was a product of the first 12x week. Almost all of my other companions were neglected as far as conversations. After hitting 60 with him, he got "mothballed." I pulled him out the other day to prep him for TFE and started doing all of the newly unlocked companion conversations.

When I got to Vette, Lo and Behold, he was able to flirt with her. Ended up getting married to her.

Now he's a bigamist and will probably romance Lana in TFE. Hope there's no interstellar law against harems. ;)

That's. ... that's not a bug.

If anyone wants to know what they're missing, letter-wise, there is a thread on Reddit that has collected the text from all of the possible companion letters. Obviously, these could be spoilers...but then, apparently spoilers are the only way to access game content nowadays.

Internet is anonymous right? Not gonna lie, I cried a bit when I read Nadia's letter that I *should* have gotten.

I've gotten the clone of my consular up to the Nadia romance and I'm recording it via fraps. Everything about the clone is the same as the original except for the umlaut above the 'a' (which I barely notice). The journey is surprisingly fun and I'd suggest it to anyone while we all wait for our bugged mains to be fixed.

Internet is anonymous right? Not gonna lie, I cried a bit when I read Nadia's letter that I *should* have gotten.

I've gotten the clone of my consular up to the Nadia romance and I'm recording it via fraps. Everything about the clone is the same as the original except for the umlaut above the 'a' (which I barely notice). The journey is surprisingly fun and I'd suggest it to anyone while we all wait for our bugged mains to be fixed.

I would love to do that myself (like you I have a glitched male sage) but the armor my sage has is simply no longer available or ultra rare. The old "Battlemaster Armor" along with Revan's Mask are irreplaceable.

Well, I did reroll my Bounty Hunter, because I also wanted to make her a Mandalorian this time so she could marry Torian the Mandalorian (yes, I find it silly that they did that with his name).

But if she bugs out again, hell no, I'm just going to move back to LOTRO or GW2 until they deign to fix this. But here's hoping it won't come to that.

But I am worried since Mako is coming on to him and I have no responses to tell her that my character is interested in him. Before 4.0 that conversation only came up if you had more influence with Mako than Torian so I didn't get it before. But now maybe Mako and Torian get together to begin with by default? So now I have to worry about being locked out of Torian's romance before KotFE too???

Ugh, I hate this stress of always worrying about whether I'm bugged or not. It really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

I don't want to re-roll my character either. I would like to have her romance fixed. By BioWare. Since they are the ones who broke it :p

@Cedia: I played through on my Bounty Hunter a couple/three years ago and I remember that she was all over Torian as soon as I brought him on the ship. I was like "dang girl, I haven't even had a chance to talk to him." So I just didn't talk to her until I had Torian for myself and those conversations went away :cool:

C'mon BioWare, talk to us. Let us know we matter enough to fix all the stories you broke :(

I don't want to re-roll my character either. I would like to have her romance fixed. By BioWare. Since they are the ones who broke it :p

@Cedia: I played through on my Bounty Hunter a couple/three years ago and I remember that she was all over Torian as soon as I brought him on the ship. I was like "dang girl, I haven't even had a chance to talk to him." So I just didn't talk to her until I had Torian for myself and those conversations went away :cool:

C'mon BioWare, talk to us. Let us know we matter enough to fix all the stories you broke :(

Yeah, I was quick to escape out of that conversation with Mako and then proceed to go flirt with Torian. :D I'm worried that those conversations will not disappear -- another thing broken with 4.0 -- but I will be glad if they do.

My BH romance with Torian seems broken too. :( I'm even a Mando and I never got the "language lesson" conversation or the marriage proposal: only the final one about family, as I was a male BH. I'm very very disappointed. Want my romance fixed before jumping to KOTFE... :mad:

Well, I did reroll my Bounty Hunter, because I also wanted to make her a Mandalorian this time so she could marry Torian the Mandalorian (yes, I find it silly that they did that with his name).

But if she bugs out again, hell no, I'm just going to move back to LOTRO or GW2 until they deign to fix this. But here's hoping it won't come to that.

But I am worried since Mako is coming on to him and I have no responses to tell her that my character is interested in him. Before 4.0 that conversation only came up if you had more influence with Mako than Torian so I didn't get it before. But now maybe Mako and Torian get together to begin with by default? So now I have to worry about being locked out of Torian's romance before KotFE too???

Ugh, I hate this stress of always worrying about whether I'm bugged or not. It really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

My BH romance with Torian seems broken too. :( I'm even a Mando and I never got the "language lesson" conversation or the marriage proposal: only the final one about family, as I was a male BH. I'm very very disappointed. Want my romance fixed before jumping to KOTFE... :mad:

Well, you can test it out if you don't mind trapping your character in limbo if it turns out she is bugged. :(

Also, was this character made before or after 4.0 hit? It seems like pre-existing Bounty Hunters got hit with the 4.0 bug stick pretty hard, and I'm hoping ones created recently are okay.

Edited by Cedia

I made her AFTER 4.0. :( Anyone with the same problem?

I hope BW give me a solution. Thanks Cedia! :)

Well, you can test it out if you don't mind trapping your character in limbo if it turns out she is bugged. :(

Also, was this character made before or after 4.0 hit? It seems like pre-existing Bounty Hunters got hit with the 4.0 bug stick pretty hard, and I'm hoping ones created recently are okay.

I made her AFTER 4.0. :( Anyone with the same problem?

I hope BW give me a solution. Thanks Cedia! :)

Oh no. I guess it's time for me to make a new character then. :(

So... which romances for female characters are *not* bugged? *sigh*

I detected the problem when I was doing Corellia, so... REALLY DISAPPOINTING. :(

Really loved the BH story and want to continue with her properly. I've already sent a Bug Report ticket *crosses fingers*.

Thanks a lot for your responses, girls. :D We will prevail!

I'm not sure if any of them are not bugged, and the random nature of the bug makes it all the harder to tell. I successfully completed the romance with Torian a couple of days ago, on a BH created well before 4.0 but shelved until a week ago.

On the other hand, my SI was bugged in the opposite way, and seemingly completed a romance with Andronikos against her will. :( That's a whole other basket of unfortunate implications in addition to broken marriages or enforced polygamy.

...Also, was this character made before or after 4.0 hit? It seems like pre-existing Bounty Hunters got hit with the 4.0 bug stick pretty hard, and I'm hoping ones created recently are okay.

I've taken one of my bounty hunters through KOTFE (she was one of my original characters, so probably made in the first year the game was out) and her romance with Torian turned out fine with the letter and everything.

Reading this thread, it appears to me that there aren't any common denominators regarding who gets the bug and who doesn't, but who really knows. Probably not even Bioware at this point :(

So I guess I'm just unlucky with two for two, then? Third time's the charm, right? :confused:

EDIT: So I cannibalized crystals off my other characters and got Torian's influence past Mako's and she's still asking me if he's my type (and I still don't have a way to say YES). Oh well, at least he's the best tank evar at this point. So I'm still hoping I'm not bugged.

Edited by Cedia

So I guess I'm just unlucky with two for two, then? Third time's the charm, right? :confused:

EDIT: So I cannibalized crystals off my other characters and got Torian's influence past Mako's and she's still asking me if he's my type (and I still don't have a way to say YES). Oh well, at least he's the best tank evar at this point. So I'm still hoping I'm not bugged.

I remember this on my female BH. Mako was my highest affection companion and I got the conversation about 'Is Torian my type'. I don't think the 'yes' answer is obvious. At least, I don't remember saying anything that made Mako back away from Torian. I still got all the romances for Torian, tho. I recall that nothing serious happens between Mako and Torian, regardless of what you choose, but to be sureI would look on youtube and see what the choices lead to; could be you're worrying over nothing :)

Also, I thought post 4.0 companion conversations trigger from where you are in your class story, not influence level. I don't think raising influence with one companion will affect when, or if, you get conversations with other companions.

I remember this on my female BH. Mako was my highest affection companion and I got the conversation about 'Is Torian my type'. I don't think the 'yes' answer is obvious. At least, I don't remember saying anything that made Mako back away from Torian. I still got all the romances for Torian, tho. I recall that nothing serious happens between Mako and Torian, regardless of what you choose, but to be sureI would look on youtube and see what the choices lead to; could be you're worrying over nothing :)

Also, I thought post 4.0 companion conversations trigger from where you are in your class story, not influence level. I don't think raising influence with one companion will affect when, or if, you get conversations with other companions.

Actually, it's both. (And I don't want Mako's sloppy seconds, thanks. ;) )

Before I got to Hoth and played the cutscene there, only Mako wanted to talk, with the whole "is Torian your type" convo, and it didn't matter whose influence was higher.

Then I got Torian's influence higher than Mako's and played the message from Hoth with the job description, and then Torian wanted to talk. I got the correct next convo for him, in which I could still flirt. Then I checked Mako again and she no longer gave the convo about Torian.

So I guess I'm on track now, but what a nightmare. Hopefully KotFE won't be bugged for me this time.

I sent another bug report on Tuesday. It was quite lengthy this time. I didn't bother to send one to character/companion cs because they just keep telling me to submit a bug report. But the last cs e-mail I got told me I could reply to that e-email. Maybe I will try that this too.

I also linked this thread. For the 2nd week in a row. Not that I think anyone from BioWare will respond, but maybe we'll finally get lucky.

Hi again!

Seems like the problem with my female BH romance cutscenes is resolved (character created after 4.0). The "family" topic wasn't Torian's last one: I finally got the Mandalorian marriage proposal later (around Influence level 25-30). Now I'm receiving letters from him, so it seems like the relationship is properly completed (I hope so, KotFE in mind). :p

Thanks again, and cheer up! (signed the petition anyway if it helps). ;)

Edited by Dunhia