Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping IGN catches onto this. Also, what reply did you get?

I kind of wish Mike and Jerry were still playing. For some reason, Penny Arcade seems to get companies to get their **** in gear faster than the actual, important news sites.

I'm probably going to give them one chapter to fix this, too. After the constant abuse of the playerbase and just... complete and total lack of ****s given, I feel dirty giving them my money.

I'm wondering if maybe they aren't responding is because it's broken on purpose? Maybe it has something to do with one of the future chapters / returning love interests.

So you're saying that the game randomly choosing which players get letters or not when everything else it the same is on purpose? Okay... :rak_02:

Perhaps you don't understand what is happening here. The OP's character remained faithful to Felix, never flirted with anyone else, and the romance was not acknowledged. Her friend did the same thing, but her romance was acknowledged.

I am also one of the "lucky" ones who was bugged. My Bounty Hunter was faithful to Torian and never flirted with anyone else, and when I got to KotFE, it was like the romance never existed: no way to tell Valkorian that she loved Torian and no letter from him. I saw something totally different on Youtube -- that's how I knew I was bugged.

It's clearly not a deliberate choice by Bioware because otherwise you wouldn't have a particular romanced bugged for only some people but not others. If I had to guess why they haven't acknowledged it, I would say it probably has more to do with their general poor job with QA/QC and general slow/inadequate response to the bugs they introduced. Their track record with bugs in this expansion has been even worse than usual. Edited by Lesaberisa

I asked in the general thread about this too, it seems as if I won't be taking any characters past the chapter 3 Ilum and Makeb stage over Christmas.

Though if for instance my female Warrior or Sorc romances Lana during SOR will this then get remembered during KoTFE? as in that case I may consentrate levelling my female characters as I won't be doing a 1-50 romance on those characters but maybe I can do some of the newer stuff on them?

Edited by Jedi_riches

I have a male agent that romanced her prior to KotFE and you can mention that she missed you and things of that nature. I think that's all the reference you get though. And you can start a formal romance with her later on.

Acknowledgement is all I really need, maybe just maybe I will "risk" my female sorc doing SOR and KoTFE? and hoe it works I have no desire to start her over again.

I'm hoping IGN catches onto this. Also, what reply did you get?

After quite clearly stating I had a problem with the romance state of my characters (Since none of them accepts courting gifts anymore, though I learned that was another bug all together later)

Their reply :

With Fallen Empire, affection has being changed to influence. Instead of a max of 10,000 affection with your companions, you now have a max influence rank of 50 which requires a total of 250k influence. This may have been the changes you had seen with them, if however the issue is still persisting please get back in touch with us so we can investigate further for you.

My hunch? They know they messed up big time and perhaps beyond repair. The longer they can keep silent about this, the more money they can milk out of us without people ragequiting over broken storylines of characters that have existed since day one of early launch.

After quite clearly stating I had a problem with the romance state of my characters (Since none of them accepts courting gifts anymore, though I learned that was another bug all together later)

Their reply :

My hunch? They know they messed up big time and perhaps beyond repair. The longer they can keep silent about this, the more money they can milk out of us without people ragequiting over broken storylines of characters that have existed since day one of early launch.

Well, either there's a miscommunication here or these folks have the brains of a bantha.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Also, even if some characters have gone through Chapter 9 already and have broken romances, this can be fixed with a terminal to set the flags correctly, as has been put forward many times.

Or they may just wait and give you another chance to romance the person you've already romanced before when they come back. Since this solution requires the least amount of effort, so I'm going to go with it.

Edited by Cedia

I'm not sure if any of them are not bugged, and the random nature of the bug makes it all the harder to tell. I successfully completed the romance with Torian a couple of days ago, on a BH created well before 4.0 but shelved until a week ago.

On the other hand, my SI was bugged in the opposite way, and seemingly completed a romance with Andronikos against her will. :( That's a whole other basket of unfortunate implications in addition to broken marriages or enforced polygamy.

Aaaand my Jedi Consular just got the same bug I mentioned in this post regarding Cedrax. No flirts, suddenly derailed into the romance storyline with absolutely no way for my character to deny that they got freaky-deaky with each other or to ask what on Hoth he's talking about.

Honestly, this seems like two sides of the same bug to me: Romance flags are being incorrectly and randomly toggled, and whatever is causing it can randomly toggle them 'on' as well as 'off.'

Well, either there's a miscommunication here or these folks have the brains of a bantha.

Also, even if some characters have gone through Chapter 9 already and have broken romances, this can be fixed with a terminal to set the flags correctly, as has been put forward many times.

Or they may just wait and give you another chance to romance the person you've already romanced before when they come back. Since this solution requires the least amount of effort, so I'm going to go with it.

I'm making a post in the suggestion box about Romance Flags. It's a good idea

Honestly, this seems like two sides of the same bug to me: Romance flags are being incorrectly and randomly toggled, and whatever is causing it can randomly toggle them 'on' as well as 'off.'

Yep, i have the same opinion,it makes great sense. It was my thread you responded to, but i unsubbed, so i didn't have ability to write back, honestly i don't see any point to support that thread since they don't respond even to this big one. But, however, did you contact them with this problem, asked to abort conversations maybe?

Edited by Evguld

Okay, kind of strange. The flags are being messed up in both directions then? It really is something they need to look at and address. I find it beyond ridiculous that we've gone over 2 months with nothing from them about this.

Going to send another bug report, even though it seems they couldn't give 2 you know whats about it at all.

I"ll also check into your thread swedguy. It is a good suggestion. Let us fix the toggle since it seems to be too much for them.

Ooook, guys, that already been said, but just to be sure i checked couple of planets with about 60 people on each and asked how many of them have that "romance bug" or at least heard about it. What do you think? They don't even heard about this bug... OMG that's so frustrating... They dont know about the dialog, they don't know about the messages...They just don't know a ****... Just like me when i first played kotfe, thanks god i stumbled this thread. Bioware wont fix this bug until it become mass. Nah, not until it become mass even, but until people understand that they lost their romances, because it IS mass already, i think. Not sure you guys understand my poor English, but i needed to say that, just to chill )) Edited by Evguld

Ooook, guys, that already been said, but just to be sure i checked couple of planets with about 60 people on each and asked how many of them have that "romance bug" or at least heard about it. What do you think? They don't even heard about this bug... OMG that's so frustrating... They dont know about the dialog, they don't know about the messages...They just don't know a ****... Just like me when i first played kotfe, thanks god i stumbled this thread. Bioware wont fix this bug until it become mass. Nah, not until it become mass even, but until people understand that they lost their romances, because it IS mass already, i think. Not sure you guys understand my poor English, but i needed to say that, just to chill ))

I hear you. :)

Yeah, there are a ton of people out there who don't even realize, because unless you take two characters of the same class through KOTFE and one is bugged and the other isn't, or you watch a bunch of Youtube playthroughs first, you might not even realize you've been bugged. The flags being toggled on accidentally (if it is the mirror manifestation of the same bug, as I'm sure it is) can also be easy to miss if you haven't already played through the class. I might have chalked my experience with Andronikos up to him just being a creepy, obsessive character if I hadn't run another female Inquisitor through the romance first and recognized the point at which the dialogues changed to the romance option. And I only realized it happened with Cedrax because I had it happen with Andronikos and took the time to research the cutscenes on Youtube to confirm my suspicion.

I think it was earlier in this thread someone mentioned that they believed the delay in fixing Courting gifts was just the developers not wanting to reveal how many relationships were bugged. I'm really starting to believe that's the case, and I am not a person made easily paranoid. I'm almost always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I've been giving that benefit over, and over, and over, and the ABSOLUTE SILENCE has finally killed my goodwill. I'm the kind of person who will take a punch to the gut and then tell myself I helped someone deal with their stress; if I'M feeling suspicious and hostile, it speaks to a serious, grave mishandling of the situation.

Just encountered this today on my Sage who romanced Iresso: it wasn't acknowledged in dialogue nor did she receive a letter (she did get one from Theron though).

I initially took my Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter though with no problems, then heard about this bug. That means I've put off running KOTFE on (luckily only) four toons. My Smuggler has gone through now as well and she didn't have any issues.

Here's hoping they fix this before Chapter X drops: this is a real shame for people who are immersed in the story and like to roleplay their characters.

Edited by Ellyria

Just encountered this today on my Sage who romanced Iresso: it wasn't acknowledged in dialogue nor did she receive a letter (she did get one from Theron though).

I initially took my Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter though with no problems, then heard about this bug. That means I've put off running KOTFE on (luckily only) four toons. My Smuggler has gone through now as well and she didn't have any issues.

That only confirms my supposition, that the bug occurs not when you start KOTFE. I suppose there is no specific point where the bug occurs, i don't even think this is a bug, anymore. They simply had some data losses, like information about flags being "on" or "off" - this is my guess. That explains why some people don't have this problem, and what is more important - why Bioware doesn't confirm this bug.

Ok... i did not started the adddon until now with my main char. Now iam a little bit worried.

Iam married with nadia grell and i did all video scence (accodring to youtube). I have not 100% influence on her.

What do i have to do to get the letters?

I mean, if the game does not remember this, and i met her again. The story would be totally broken :(

Iam married with nadia grell and i did all video scence (accodring to youtube). I have not 100% influence on her.

What do i have to do to get the letters?

Begin chapter 2. If you're able to refer to having found love in your conversation with Valkorion about your companions, and then again when he mentions having himself found love, you're in the clear. To get the letter, finish chapter 2.

Your influence level is now irrelevant to romance. All dialog with companions is now based on story progress, not influence. If you had max affection before, you'll have 10,000 influence now. Don't worry about that. It will only affect combat performance and crew skill results.

Hello, I am new to this game, been playing only for a month or so. I have only two characters going to so far, one is a female Jedi Councilar who did not marry anyone, tho flirted a little with Iresso (told him I would think about it when the marrage question came up) and the computer geek, I think I got one love letter from Iresso. I did take my JC through Fallen Empire and had her hook up with and marry Lana.

My second character is a male trooper. I had him flirt and 'marry' Elara. I haven't taken him through Fallen Empire yet. I got three love letters from Elara and had the 'want kids' bit with her which seems to indicate they are married. I intend him to be completely faithful to Elara in hopes that they will meet again after he does go throu KOTFE.

My concern is that with the JC's relationship to Lana, I got the popup stating that a romance would begin, and a bit in Lana's companion page about being in a relationship with my JC. However the relationship between my Trooper and Elara never had a popup nor companion profile indication that they indeed started a relatoinship together, the only indication being from the love letters.

With my trooper, I did all the primary storyline missions up through the Hutts, then am going back and picking up the side missions w Elara, building up her influence. However I am concerned there may be no point in building up Elara's influence with the intent of having a good marrage with her post KOTFE if there is no confirmation that they are in fact married.

Personally, I find the Trooper/Elara romance to be the most touching so far, and want it to be worth it. I am hoping for a beautiful reunion cutscene between the trooper and her after he goes through KOTFE.

Cheers

TJ

Edited by AndorianTJ

Hello I am new to this game, been playing only for a month or so. I have only two characters going to so far, one is a female Jedi Councilar who did not marry anyone, tho flirted a little with Iresso (told him I would think about it when the marrage question came up) and the computer geek, I think I got one love letter from Iresso. I did take my JC through Fallen Empire and had her hook up with and marry Lana.

My second character is a male trooper. I had him flirt and 'marry' Elara. I haven't taken him through Fallen Empire yet. I got three love letters from Elara and had the 'want kids' bit with her which seems to indicate they are married. I intend him to be completely faithful to Elara in hopes that they will meet again after he does go throu KOTFE.

My concern is that with the JC's relationship to Lana, I got the popup stating that a romance would begin, and a bit in Lana's companion page about being in a relationship with my JC. However the relationship between my Trooper and Elara never had a popup nor companion profile indication that they indeed started a relatoinship together, the only indication being from the love letters.

With my trooper, I did all the primary storyline missions up through the Hutts, then am going back and picking up the side missions w Elara, building up her influence. However I am concerned there may be no point in building up Elara's influence with the intent of having a good marrage with her post KOTFE if there is no confirmation that they are in fact married.

Personally, I find the Trooper/Elara romance to be the most touching so far, and want it to be worth it. I am hoping for a beautiful reunion cutscene between the trooper and her after he goes through KOTFE.

Cheers

TJ

The older romances haven't been updated with any of that stuff, so you won't see any pop-ups or anything. You also don't need influence to get all the right dialogs—the availability of those is strictly down to progress through the plot now. Influence is only for combat and crew skill performance.

Since you finished Elara's romance very recently, I doubt you'll see anything wrong once you start KotFE. It seems to be something affecting romances that were completed before the expansion.

The older romances haven't been updated with any of that stuff, so you won't see any pop-ups or anything. You also don't need influence to get all the right dialogs—the availability of those is strictly down to progress through the plot now. Influence is only for combat and crew skill performance.

Since you finished Elara's romance very recently, I doubt you'll see anything wrong once you start KotFE. It seems to be something affecting romances that were completed before the expansion.

Ok, thanks, I feel much better about taking my trooper through KOTFE. I still want to have him build up Elara's influence because I do like her as a mission companion too. With my JC I had gotten the warning about making sure the class companions and to complete any of the side story stuff prior to starting KOTFE. With the Trooper, I want to have that all set before crossing over to.

LOL, now I hope Elara isn't written out of the story for good post KOTFE. Tho I would imagine there would be quite a few unhappy players if their original companions with whom they were faitful to, were written out completely. I know there isn't much dialog with the original companions after you do the 'start a family' bit. I do find it funny that after you marry her, she doesn't kiss you or talk to you any more, other than a few love letters....just like a real marriage:D

Cheers

TJ

Ok, thanks, I feel much better about taking my trooper through KOTFE. I still want to have him build up Elara's influence because I do like her as a mission companion too. With my JC I had gotten the warning about making sure the class companions and to complete any of the side story stuff prior to starting KOTFE. With the Trooper, I want to have that all set before crossing over to.

LOL, now I hope Elara isn't written out of the story for good post KOTFE. Tho I would imagine there would be quite a few unhappy players if their original companions with whom they were faitful to, were written out completely. I know there isn't much dialog with the original companions after you do the 'start a family' bit. I do find it funny that after you marry her, she doesn't kiss you or talk to you any more, other than a few love letters....just like a real marriage:D

Cheers

TJ

Most, but not all, of the letters you get from vanilla love interests imply they will return to play *some* role. Whether that's just more letters... no one knows at this point. Of course, one love interest is already returning in the very next chapter. So there's that.