Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

I already unsubbed and stated my broken romance with Nadia being the reason. I won't continue through chapter 9 (where you confirm romance with Lana) without knowing what's going on with this bug.

Same here man, I sent in a ticket to see if I can freeze my subscription.

While I'm still writing this, I have to ask: How could this bug affect the upcoming KOTFE chapters? All the more reason this bug NEEDS to be fixed soon.

EDIT: I checked the Dev Tracker. There's apparently a 4.0.3 being planned.

Companion Changes in 4.0.2 | 11.16.2015, 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post

What about the 0 armor rating and 0 defense bug at lvl 65?

That is currently slated to be fixed in 4.0.3.

-eric

Edited by Swedguy

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here man, I sent in a ticket to see if I can freeze my subscription.

While I'm still writing this, I have to ask: How could this bug affect the upcoming KOTFE chapters? All the more reason this bug NEEDS to be fixed soon.

EDIT: I checked the Dev Tracker. There's apparently a 4.0.3 being planned.

Companion Changes in 4.0.2 | 11.16.2015, 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post

What about the 0 armor rating and 0 defense bug at lvl 65?

That is currently slated to be fixed in 4.0.3.

-eric

Well, if future chapters include romancable companions returning (such as the very next one to be released), then they may not recognize the romance, and thus ruin irreversible story content for some players.

Also, they can plan all the patches they want, doesn't mean a thing to me until we get some type of communication.

Once again I see no mention of this in the patch notes. I hate to say that I'm not surprised. But, I'm not surprised :(

More than anything, I'm getting annoyed by the fact that we're not getting any type of response here, or via Twitter or any other official means. It's one thing to have a comment or reply via in game response, as it is honestly more than anything just a few line to be seen. I want something that shows that they are actually working on it and not just putting it off to the side indefinitely. In lieu of an actual fix, the only thing that will placate me for the moment being.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

The character is one year old, but what about romance with Mako, is it old too, or you started it lately?

Well, there is something I saw with my BH. His romance was acknowledged 3 times. First in Valky when you talk about the crew, and mention you have a reason to go back to them (IE the person you love), and how he have taken her from my BH. Then, the "I already found love" dialogue, and finally the mail. I only remember 2 of them on my trooper (the "love" dialogue and the mail), but I could be wrong. I may have been extra careful since I knew about the bug and I was looking to every signs.

I did the romance on the way to level max, so about a year ago I suppose. I already had a BH with Mako and everything, but I wanted to change the class of my BH. With countless alts behind, it was easy to dump enough gifts to make her reach the max affection even before I was able to do her quests.

I honestly don't think it's related to creation date/romance timeframe. My trooper was created during pre-release, romance on the way to level max, and it worked, same with my BH which is kinda the opposite.

Granted, it was kinda bugged with my pre-release AI, receiving a mail from Vector, but no conversation with Valky, while she never romanced him. She romanced Lana, and only her. But then, I think something broke years ago, and I suppose she is, for the game, in a romance with him, even though she never even kissed him.

I guess he'll go all jealous on me when I'll see him again, but I already know he is the stalker type.

Well, if future chapters include romancable companions returning (such as the very next one to be released), then they may not recognize the romance, and thus ruin irreversible story content for some players.

Also, they can plan all the patches they want, doesn't mean a thing to me until we get some type of communication.

The next chapter is in January (I think ? Perhaps a bit later), so they still have time. I'm sure that's what they are thinking anyway.

Quite frankly, with KOTFE, the game was in need of some "story check", both as a reminder for the player, and to be sure everything is working fine with the character.

For example, you faced XXX on this planet, but decided to let him live, you romanced YYYY, and so on. Quite like the Telltale's Walking Dead videogame, with the "previously" cutscene.

I played some of those stories only once, and it was years ago. I didn't remember who was General Rakton on my trooper until I searched on google. Or master what's her name is with my smuggler.

Anyway, I digress.

Edited by erei

Well, there is something I saw with my BH. His romance was acknowledged 3 times. First in Valky when you talk about the crew, and mention you have a reason to go back to them (IE the person you love), and how he have taken her from my BH. Then, the "I already found love" dialogue, and finally the mail. I only remember 2 of them on my trooper (the "love" dialogue and the mail), but I could be wrong. I may have been extra careful since I knew about the bug and I was looking to every signs.

I did the romance on the way to level max, so about a year ago I suppose. I already had a BH with Mako and everything, but I wanted to change the class of my BH. With countless alts behind, it was easy to dump enough gifts to make her reach the max affection even before I was able to do her quests.

I honestly don't think it's related to creation date/romance timeframe. My trooper was created during pre-release, romance on the way to level max, and it worked, same with my BH which is kinda the opposite.

Granted, it was kinda bugged with my pre-release AI, receiving a mail from Vector, but no conversation with Valky, while she never romanced him. She romanced Lana, and only her. But then, I think something broke years ago, and I suppose she is, for the game, in a romance with him, even though she never even kissed him.

I guess he'll go all jealous on me when I'll see him again, but I already know he is the stalker type.

The next chapter is in January (I think ? Perhaps a bit later), so they still have time. I'm sure that's what they are thinking anyway.

Quite frankly, with KOTFE, the game was in need of some "story check", both as a reminder for the player, and to be sure everything is working fine with the character.

For example, you faced XXX on this planet, but decided to let him live, you romanced YYYY, and so on. Quite like the Telltale's Walking Dead videogame, with the "previously" cutscene.

I played some of those stories only once, and it was years ago. I didn't remember who was General Rakton on my trooper until I searched on google. Or master what's her name is with my smuggler.

Anyway, I digress.

That's because Rakton was a crap villain with no personality in a disappointing boss battle that led to the worst ending in vanilla game class story in the bunch. Which is distressing, as the Trooper has not only my second favorite cast of companions, but also a very fun and well done chapter 1.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

Well, looks like they halfway took my suggestion about the green checkmarks with patch 4.0.2, I was so excited to see one with my inquisitor who romanced Theron.:eek: Green checkmark and "you have romanced this companion" in the interactions section :D. But then I checked my other characters, none of which have started kotfe yet, not one of them have a mark, so either they didn't bother with doing it with pre-kotfe romances, or all my other romances are broken.:( And even with the checkmark, Theron still won't take courting gifts. So back to the waiting game...

My sub expires in December, if there isn't a fix by then, I'm gonna just let it lapse.

Edited by moonshuggle

Well, looks like they halfway took my suggestion about the green checkmarks with patch 4.0.2, I was so excited to see one with my inquisitor who romanced Theron.:eek: Green checkmark and "you have romanced this companion" in the interactions section :D. But then I checked my other characters, none of which have started kotfe yet, not one of them have a mark, so either they didn't bother with doing it with pre-kotfe romances, or all my other romances are broken.:( And even with the checkmark, Theron still won't take courting gifts. So back to the waiting game...

My sub expires in December, if there isn't a fix by then, I'm gonna just let it lapse.

Elara had no checkmarks on my confirmed not bugged romance with my Trooper. /shrug

As far as I can see, courting gifts are still broken, no one is accepting them, except those who like them anyway outside of a romance.

It isn't only courting gifts.

Romanced Ashara, for example, should accept Courting, Luxury, Technology, Imp Memo. She doesn't accept any of these. It is clearly that romanced flag doesn't work with gifts, if at all.

It isn't only courting gifts.

Romanced Ashara, for example, should accept Courting, Luxury, Technology, Imp Memo. She doesn't accept any of these. It is clearly that romanced flag doesn't work with gifts, if at all.

The only thing that changes in the accepting of gifts for companions who are romanced is the courting gifts, if your Ashara doesn't accept any gifts I think she may be broken, not just the romance flag with the courting gifts. I haven't seen any companion refuse all gifts yet. Has anyone else seen this?

Of course I can't confirm that my Ashara will or will not accept gifts, since she is one of my unavailable companions atm due to my 5 yr nap.

Edited by moonshuggle

The only thing that changes in the accepting of gifts for companions who are romanced is the courting gifts, if your Ashara doesn't accept any gifts I think she may be broken, not just the romance flag with the courting gifts. I haven't seen any companion refuse all gifts yet. Has anyone else seen this?

Of course I can't confirm that my Ashara will or will not accept gifts, since she is one of my unavailable companions atm due to my 5 yr nap.

Wait.... I thought the companion gift glitch was fixed, according to patch notes.

You can find what different romanced companions are accepting from here (it was updated for 4.0.2) - difference is not only in courting gifts: http://dulfy.net/2015/10/21/swtor-fallen-empire-companion-influences-guide/

Well, looks like they halfway took my suggestion about the green checkmarks with patch 4.0.2, I was so excited to see one with my inquisitor who romanced Theron.:eek: Green checkmark and "you have romanced this companion" in the interactions section :D.

Where exactly this checkmark is located? Screenshot would be great

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.