Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

@Loredalso: I only have a female Inquisitor and she was able to mention Andronikos in the dream convo with Valkorion (2 times) and she received a letter from him. I don't have a male Inquisitor to test out though. But I have seen quite a few with male Inquisitors say they weren't able to mention Ashara in convo but did get the letter from her.

ForgottenRomance is a good hashtag I think. I have a twitter account, but I'm horrible at twitter. I rarely make my own tweets and am mostly there to follow game devs, lol. Let me know if you're going to try it out :cool:

Let's get #ForgottenRomance up on Twitter, definitely.

Also, the entire romance system seems to be bugged, judging by the comments here

I think I'm gonna go to the stream tomorrow. This is insane

Edited by Swedguy

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get #ForgottenRomance up on Twitter, definitely.

Also, the entire romance system seems to be bugged, judging by the comments here

I think I'm gonna go to the stream tomorrow. This is insane

That's another thing I'm not entirely up on. What do I have to do to check out tomorrow's live stream? Will I need to make an account somewhere, or can I just show up? Also, do we know what time of day it is supposed to be?

This is a video of my Inquisitor (female, I don't have a male yet, sorry) having the first conversation with Valkorion in the dream sequence where you can mention your LI. It's the same conversation for everyone, unless you have no romance or the romance is ignored which is the case for my Consular.

Inquisitor:

Consular(bugged):

I don't recall when the stream is or where to watch. I'll see if I can find out in a bit. I doubt they will answer questions about bugs though :( Maybe it will be enough for them to know people are still waiting for some kind of news about this.

ETA: Steam info:

SWTOR will have a big announcement for subscribers during the Producer Livestream occurring on Dec 1 from 3 to 3:30 pm PDT.

Announcement about an Announcement. I will be posting details of this announcement if you cannot watch the livestream.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic December Producer Livestream

WHEN: Tuesday, December 1st 3-3:30PM PDT

WHERE: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

From: http://http://dulfy.net/2015/11/25/swtor-producer-livestream-announcement-on-dec-1/

Edited by TinaLovesHan

I started KotFE with my male sorcerer last week and he did have a conversation option about love in chapter 2 (and also got the letter from Ashara).

It is really odd that some people have both conversation option and letter, and some only have the letter.

I got a live agent response today to a ticket I opened regarding this back on November 5th. I'd reproduce the ticket here for you, but after all the typing I just finished because I can't copy text from the game to the clipboard, I'm going to be lazy about it. Besides, I'm sure everyone here can guess the gist.

So, without further ado (and hidden in a spoiler tag to keep things short), here is the official response to my ticket from a month ago:

Welcome to STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC Customer Service

[s2-m7]: Greetings! I truly hope I'm not disturbing you, but I wanted to check up on a ticket you submitted a while back about companion affection concerns.

[Mojh]: Hello! I was wondering if I was going to hear from someone

[s2-m7]: Truly sorry we've been super swamped

[s2-m7]: but we've slowly getting there

[s2-m7]: So I see you progressed your character all the way through KOTFE

[s2-m7]: and nothing ever changed between you and the companion?

[Mojh]: No I haven't. None of my characters have gone through KotFE

[s2-m7]: oh I jsut saw that Mordecham was level 65

[s2-m7]: sorry thought that meant you completed the story

[Mojh]: My main (a sith inquisitor named Mordecham) has started Chapter 1 a couple times, but escaped out of the first conversation each time

[s2-m7]: Never seen a level 65 on chapter one

[s2-m7]: that's impressive

[s2-m7]: but to more pressing matters

[Mojh]: I've been afraid to send anyone I'm invested in forward if it could mean their story is permanently broken. Based on how she responds to gifts in general, Ashara is not romanced anymore

[Mojh]: You'd be surprised how overleveled you can get when you run through things like Bounty Week and Rakghoul Resurgeance :)

[s2-m7]: From what I can understand the companions are all sorts of weird right now until you go on the companion quests

[s2-m7]: because once you Start KOTFE it's a 5+ year difference between you and the companions

[s2-m7]: and you must seek them out again

[Mojh]: I've certainly seen a number of very strange bugs reported.

[Mojh]: I know my ship droids were all ten sorts of weird for a while

[s2-m7]: trust me I know all to well. I romanced Jaesa Willsaams and I've yet to meet her after the current chapters were done

[s2-m7]: and she was my wife in the game

[Mojh]: This particular bug is a much bigger issue than it feels like you guys are treating it as, though. People get very invested in these romances

[Mojh]: They are a big part of the story

[s2-m7]: well even more so now than before

[Mojh]: So, when they are broken for a large number of people, and there has publicly been nothing said at all for a month, folks get up in arms about that sort of thing

[s2-m7]: I've certainly seen the tickets

[Mojh]: You guys really need to say something, publicly, even if all you say is "We know and we're looking into it"

[Mojh]: There is a 40+ page long thread in Bug Reports on this, without even a single yellow post

[s2-m7]: I know there was a semi announcment made

[s2-m7]: let me see if I can find it

[Mojh]: Actually, if you would be able to make a copy of this chat log and email it to me, so I can show it to the other people in the forums, even that would probably help some

[s2-m7]: hmm that might be a tad difficult. Can you take a screen shot perhaps and upload the picture?

[s2-m7]: seems to be a popular way to get these things out there

[Mojh]: I suppose I can. That's going to be a lot of screenshots, though. I may have to retype it all anyway

[Mojh]: Ah well

[s2-m7]: sorry I didn't mean to make this into a hassle for you

[s2-m7]: I found your post though ^_^

[s2-m7]: Forgotten Romance

[Mojh]: Yup, that's mine. I actually started that off of the other post in Bug Reports. I think I linked it at the beginning

[s2-m7]: I want to let you know that despite the cliche thought behind it, bug reports really are looked into and complied into data that can be used to address pressing concerns from teh community

[s2-m7]: I know there's a possible priorty list of issues that have to be looked into, but companions are a big deal and people love the new system

[s2-m7]: so I have a feeling it'll be looked into post haste

[s2-m7]: it's just slow going in trying to catch up with the way tickets and reports are coming in

[s2-m7]: as you can see it's Nov 31 and I'm just now getting to your ticket that was sent on Nov 5th

[Mojh]: While I believe the bug reports are looked at, it really needs to be more transparent. We can't actually see what you guys are doing, so when you don't tell us, we only know the nothing that we see

[s2-m7]: Well to be completely honest we find out things around the same time our customer's do

[s2-m7]: I rely heavily on the Dev tracker for any little bit of information I can spread like wild fire

[Mojh]: I know. Honestly, the tickets are another problem. Too many of them (the Bug Reports especially) get closed with an automated message, without the problem being resolved

[s2-m7]: but I do agree getting some insight on regular basis would be pretty awesome

[Mojh]: I understand that Bug Reports specifically are not supposed to get any response other than the automated one, but when a ticket is closed, that tells us you guys feel the issue is finished

[s2-m7]: all I can say for sure is we are working as hard as possible to get caught up and try our best to make people not feel like they aren't being heard

[Mojh]: So, if SWTOR is done with the issue, but nothing is fixed, that cutesy little "customer service droid" post comes off as really insulting

[s2-m7]: yeah the ticket gets closed the survey gets send and your left wondering?????

[Mojh]: I realize the Customer Service department has very little to do with the actual nuts and bolts of the game, and I certainly don't know what your set up is over there

[Mojh]: But that being said, if the Devs don't keep CS up-to-date, then CS can't do their job. And CS has the very VERY important job of keeping the mob at bay and the money coming in from happy customers

[s2-m7]: I just do my best to make customers feel like they aren't being ignored and try to resolve what little I can

[s2-m7]: Indeed

[Mojh]: I understand. It's not exactly the same, but I used to work in a department store. I totally get the "dealing with customers" thing

[Mojh]: None of what I'm saying is directed at you personally

[s2-m7]: well I just thought I'd reach out and let you know we are still very much here and working around the clock to get things back under control and hopefully knock this queue down so you don't have to wait a month for a response

[Mojh]: I appreciate that.

[s2-m7]: no I don't take offense to any feedback or suggestion. I know how it feels to be on both sides and when your paying for a game you just want to get the experience your paying foer

[s2-m7]: for*

[Mojh]: Hopefully, I'll be able to get this all copied and pasted to the forums

[Mojh]: Well, I will say this. In less than two weeks, the subscription that I specifically started so I could play KotFE will run out. I've been stalled at the beginning since early access due to this bug

[Mojh]: It is extremely unlikely at this point that I will be paying for more time

[s2-m7]: I don't blame you for a second. I just went ahead and moved forward with the story in hopes that in the later chapters I'll get back to my original romance story

[s2-m7]: but heres hoping yeah know?

[Mojh]: I'm not willing to risk it. If story is supposed to be the big focus, then the devs should be working on stuff like this, instead of playing with the mechanical balance of companions who, while a little weird, were not out-and-out broken

[Mojh]: They don't need to make new bugs; the old ones are plentiful enough

[s2-m7]: I wish I could speak on their behalf, but I have faith it'll all get sorted out... hopefully sooner rather than later

[Mojh]: ...which, again, I know you have no control over. I just hope some of this gets to where the devs can hear it

[Mojh]: Frankly, the devs really need to start speaking on their own behalf more often. Letting us (and you) know what's going on would work wonders

[Mojh]: At the very least, actually updating those "Known Bug" posts to keep them current would be a great idea.

[s2-m7]: despite popular belief our Dev Team does read the forurms and truly appreciate the feedback, there's just so much of it and so little of them that it does take a much longer time to get these issues brought to light

[s2-m7]: oh those known issues lists

[Mojh]: Yeah. If they are not updated, there is no point in posting them. The most recent one if half-composed of fixed issues, and missing any number of issues I know about just from glancing at the forums

[s2-m7]: Well at any rate I greatly appreciate you time and I know I couldn't do much, but I hope this sheds some much needed light to our players in knowing that we haven't disappeared and we are crunching it to get back to a normal response rate.

[Mojh]: I don't remember who specifically posted those lists (Tait?), but whoever did really needs to go back and update it regularly

[Mojh]: It does, and I appreciate you getting back to me

[s2-m7]: I hope you have a great day!

[Mojh]: You too

Thank you for contacting STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC Customer Service. This chat session has been closed by our Customer Service Representative

I did my best to type everything out exactly, down to the most absent-minded typo, in the hopes that I wasn't accidentally misquoting anyone. So far, this is the closest thing I've seen to an official acknowledgment that the problem even exists, so I thought I'd share.

I got a live agent response today to a ticket I opened regarding this back on November 5th. I'd reproduce the ticket here for you, but after all the typing I just finished because I can't copy text from the game to the clipboard, I'm going to be lazy about it. Besides, I'm sure everyone here can guess the gist.

So, without further ado (and hidden in a spoiler tag to keep things short), here is the official response to my ticket from a month ago:

[s2-m7]: Greetings! I truly hope I'm not disturbing you, but I wanted to check up on a ticket you submitted a while back about companion affection concerns.

[Mojh]: My main (a sith inquisitor named Mordecham) has started Chapter 1 a couple times, but escaped out of the first conversation each time

[Mojh]: I've been afraid to send anyone I'm invested in forward if it could mean their story is permanently broken. Based on how she responds to gifts in general, Ashara is not romanced anymore

[Mojh]: You'd be surprised how overleveled you can get when you run through things like Bounty Week and Rakghoul Resurgeance :)

[s2-m7]: From what I can understand the companions are all sorts of weird right now until you go on the companion quests

[s2-m7]: because once you Start KOTFE it's a 5+ year difference between you and the companions

[s2-m7]: trust me I know all to well. I romanced Jaesa Willsaams and I've yet to meet her after the current chapters were done

[Mojh]: This particular bug is a much bigger issue than it feels like you guys are treating it as, though. People get very invested in these romances

[Mojh]: So, when they are broken for a large number of people, and there has publicly been nothing said at all for a month, folks get up in arms about that sort of thing

[Mojh]: You guys really need to say something, publicly, even if all you say is "We know and we're looking into it"

[Mojh]: There is a 40+ page long thread in Bug Reports on this, without even a single yellow post

[Mojh]: Actually, if you would be able to make a copy of this chat log and email it to me, so I can show it to the other people in the forums, even that would probably help some

[s2-m7]: hmm that might be a tad difficult. Can you take a screen shot perhaps and upload the picture?

[Mojh]: I suppose I can. That's going to be a lot of screenshots, though. I may have to retype it all anyway

[Mojh]: Yup, that's mine. I actually started that off of the other post in Bug Reports. I think I linked it at the beginning

[s2-m7]: I want to let you know that despite the cliche thought behind it, bug reports really are looked into and complied into data that can be used to address pressing concerns from teh community

[s2-m7]: I know there's a possible priorty list of issues that have to be looked into, but companions are a big deal and people love the new system

[s2-m7]: it's just slow going in trying to catch up with the way tickets and reports are coming in

[s2-m7]: as you can see it's Nov 31 and I'm just now getting to your ticket that was sent on Nov 5th

[Mojh]: While I believe the bug reports are looked at, it really needs to be more transparent. We can't actually see what you guys are doing, so when you don't tell us, we only know the nothing that we see

[s2-m7]: Well to be completely honest we find out things around the same time our customer's do

[s2-m7]: I rely heavily on the Dev tracker for any little bit of information I can spread like wild fire

[Mojh]: I know. Honestly, the tickets are another problem. Too many of them (the Bug Reports especially) get closed with an automated message, without the problem being resolved

[s2-m7]: but I do agree getting some insight on regular basis would be pretty awesome

[Mojh]: I understand that Bug Reports specifically are not supposed to get any response other than the automated one, but when a ticket is closed, that tells us you guys feel the issue is finished

[s2-m7]: all I can say for sure is we are working as hard as possible to get caught up and try our best to make people not feel like they aren't being heard

[Mojh]: So, if SWTOR is done with the issue, but nothing is fixed, that cutesy little "customer service droid" post comes off as really insulting

[s2-m7]: yeah the ticket gets closed the survey gets send and your left wondering?????

[Mojh]: I realize the Customer Service department has very little to do with the actual nuts and bolts of the game, and I certainly don't know what your set up is over there

[Mojh]: But that being said, if the Devs don't keep CS up-to-date, then CS can't do their job. And CS has the very VERY important job of keeping the mob at bay and the money coming in from happy customers

[s2-m7]: I just do my best to make customers feel like they aren't being ignored and try to resolve what little I can

[Mojh]: I understand. It's not exactly the same, but I used to work in a department store. I totally get the "dealing with customers" thing

[s2-m7]: well I just thought I'd reach out and let you know we are still very much here and working around the clock to get things back under control and hopefully knock this queue down so you don't have to wait a month for a response

[s2-m7]: no I don't take offense to any feedback or suggestion. I know how it feels to be on both sides and when your paying for a game you just want to get the experience your paying foer

[Mojh]: Well, I will say this. In less than two weeks, the subscription that I specifically started so I could play KotFE will run out. I've been stalled at the beginning since early access due to this bug

[Mojh]: It is extremely unlikely at this point that I will be paying for more time

[s2-m7]: I don't blame you for a second. I just went ahead and moved forward with the story in hopes that in the later chapters I'll get back to my original romance story

[Mojh]: I'm not willing to risk it. If story is supposed to be the big focus, then the devs should be working on stuff like this, instead of playing with the mechanical balance of companions who, while a little weird, were not out-and-out broken

[s2-m7]: I wish I could speak on their behalf, but I have faith it'll all get sorted out... hopefully sooner rather than later

[Mojh]: ...which, again, I know you have no control over. I just hope some of this gets to where the devs can hear it

[Mojh]: Frankly, the devs really need to start speaking on their own behalf more often. Letting us (and you) know what's going on would work wonders

[Mojh]: At the very least, actually updating those "Known Bug" posts to keep them current would be a great idea.

[s2-m7]: despite popular belief our Dev Team does read the forurms and truly appreciate the feedback, there's just so much of it and so little of them that it does take a much longer time to get these issues brought to light

[Mojh]: Yeah. If they are not updated, there is no point in posting them. The most recent one if half-composed of fixed issues, and missing any number of issues I know about just from glancing at the forums

[s2-m7]: Well at any rate I greatly appreciate you time and I know I couldn't do much, but I hope this sheds some much needed light to our players in knowing that we haven't disappeared and we are crunching it to get back to a normal response rate.

[Mojh]: I don't remember who specifically posted those lists (Tait?), but whoever did really needs to go back and update it regularly

Thank you for contacting STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC Customer Service. This chat session has been closed by our Customer Service Representative

I did my best to type everything out exactly, down to the most absent-minded typo, in the hopes that I wasn't accidentally misquoting anyone. So far, this is the closest thing I've seen to an official acknowledgment that the problem even exists, so I thought I'd share.

Thank you, you are doing the Maker's work. :)

At this point I just hope that this bug is addressed before my new rerolled Merc is ready to start the expansion.

And I really hope they are able to reset or at least find a way to fix those characters who have already gone through and are bugged.

I was heartened, Loredalso, to read the exchange you posted with the CS rep. Thank you very much for sharing that with us. I agree wholeheartedly regarding the communication issues and everything you said about how CS can appear flippant with the 'droid response' etc. I'm sure all the individuals involved care a lot, but somehow the system isn't working very well and isn't conveying that care.

I'd just like to add my voice to say that the romance bug is game-breaking for me and has meant that, having qualified for kotfe early access, I've been reluctant to put any of my characters through the story. Instead I've only been able to test out the new content with my free level 60. Fortunately I take so long to create a new character that I was unaffected by the lvl 60 token bug and was able to run through and enjoy the current chapters.

With the current companion and story bugs I've not progressed any of my character's stories since 4.0 (with the exception of the free 60 and a fresh sorc that I'm trying not to care about too much :p). I came to swtor for the stories, and found I enjoyed raiding & operations too. At the moment all I can enjoy is raiding, which is fine, but it can't keep me in game by itself and is dependent on meeting up with at least 7 mates whose company I enjoy when we all have RL stuff going on etc.

I've been stung by companion romance bugs before — we as players allow ourselves to suspend our disbelief and participate in these stories. They find a place in our hearts and we find ourselves growing to care about them. This makes it terribly frustrating when they get irreparably broken through no fault of our own. I think players regret allowing themselves to become emotionally invested in something like that and it's a shame. It can force people away from the game for the very same reason they were attracted to it in the first place — the emphasis on story. One would think that if there's anything that should be 100% tested and working out of the gate, it's story content like this.

Edited by Culoph

Thank you for sharing the exchange, Loredalso. I've not been lucky enough to speak to an actual person even though I have submitted the same report 3 times now.

In the conversation you had they mention there had been a semi anouncement, but I've seen none. Unless I've missed it or they've confused it with some other companion bug I'm not sure what they could be referring to there.

I also tweeted @swtor twice tonight using #ForgottenRomance but have not gotten any response to that either. Not surprised. I see swedguy made 1 tweet using the hashtag as well.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

I was heartened, Loredalso, to read the exchange you posted with the CS rep. Thank you very much for sharing that with us. I agree wholeheartedly regarding the communication issues and everything you said about how CS can appear flippant with the 'droid response' etc. I'm sure all the individuals involved care a lot, but somehow the system isn't working very well and isn't conveying that care.

I'd just like to add my voice to say that the romance bug is game-breaking for me and has meant that, having qualified for kotfe early access, I've been reluctant to put any of my characters through the story. Instead I've only been able to test out the new content with my free level 60. Fortunately I take so long to create a new character that I was unaffected by the lvl 60 token bug and was able to run through and enjoy the current chapters.

With the current companion and story bugs I've not progressed any of my character's stories since 4.0 (with the exception of the free 60 and a fresh sorc that I'm trying not to care about too much :p). I came to swtor for the stories, and found I enjoyed raiding & operations too. At the moment all I can enjoy is raiding, which is fine, but it can't keep me in game by itself and is dependent on meeting up with at least 7 mates whose company I enjoy when we all have RL stuff going on etc.

I've been stung by companion romance bugs before — we as players allow ourselves to suspend our disbelief and participate in these stories. They find a place in our hearts and we find ourselves growing to care about them. This makes it terribly frustrating when they get irreparably broken through no fault of our own. I think players regret allowing themselves to become emotionally invested in something like that and it's a shame. It can force people away from the game for the very same reason they were attracted to it in the first place — the emphasis on story. One would think that if there's anything that should be 100% tested and working out of the gate, it's story content like this.

I bolded the end of your quote because that is always what has been important to me in BioWare games. Story. But even more importantly, characters that we care about. I have years invested in my Consulars story and right now her story is broken because it's like the last 4 yrs that her and Felix shared together storywise didn't happen.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

I bolded the end of your quote because that is always what has been important to me in BioWare games. Story. But even more importantly, characters that we care about. I have years invested in my Consulars story and right now her story is broken because it's like the last 4 yrs that her and Felix shared together storywise didn't happen.

I'm right there with you! My Consular will not be played again until they fix this bug so he and Nadia could be together. And since he is not being played, I'm not paying for a subscription! Unfortunately, since I am no longer subscribed, they won't accept CS tickets now (which is shady in and of itself), so all I can do is root for everyone here on the forum.

Thank you for sharing that! I'm glad that they know about the fact that this bug exists. Here's hoping for 4.0.3 to sort things out. I also, as said, remember Tait telling me during a SWTOR stream that they're "looking into those bugs^^"

It sounds a lot like they get their information from Twitter and Reddit, and not from the forums...which, if true, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I mean, this is the official site of the game itself, with its own forum and everything; why on Earth would this not be the first place to go? We shouldn't feel like we need to go to Reddit or Twitter or whatever other site to be heard by the people who run this one. Edited by Loredalso

They mentioned that they get their feedback from reddit/social media and the forums. I think the companion nerf and rebuff is evidence that they do read the forums.

But I feel like maybe they don't always have their priorities straight. They sell the game as story being important but then ignore threads like this that break peoples story. I also understand that things like broken quests and such that mess with class story progression should be fixed first, but at least acknowledge this problem. Let us know that you're looking at it.

As far as the stream, I watched it, I mentioned this bug. But chat is always flooded with so much ridiculousness I don't know how they read any of it.

All right, I've decided to bite the bullet and dip my toe into the expansion. After delving into far more spoilers than I ever want to subject myself to (really not happy about that little necessity), I'm mostly convinced that there should be nothing in Chapter 1 that would be impacted in any way by a romance or lack thereof.

So Mordecham Starlance, my first and main character, founder of my Starlance legacy and Darth Imperius of the Dark Council, and thus far the only character I have who is far enough along in level and story to press on into KotFE, is off to meet his destiny...or at least the first chapter of it. Wish him well, for with this step he will lose his precious Ashara, and only the unknowable whims of silent devs will determine if he ever gets her back.

By the way, if I'm wrong about the lack of romance-related conversational options in Chapter 1, you have...oh, maybe about five minutes or so to tell me before it becomes too late. :eek:

Good luck, Loredalso! There is no romance specific conversation in Chapter 1. And I believe that Andronikos is who will accompany you in the beginning.

If you get to Chapter 2 and start the dream and don't have the option to tell Valkorion about Ashara, escape out to be safe if you want to wait for a fix. Hopefully you will be safe though!

Crossing my fingers for you!

Yes, the best of luck to you!

When you get to that conversation in Chapter 2, after the montage of your companions, you will get a dialogue option. If the top option has something to do with your love, then you are okay. If it says something like "they have their uses", you are bugged.