Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

Just got this problem with Kira and Nadia.

I don't think the age of the character is a factor; my JK with this problem is only a few months old, but I've had the Risha and Vector romances acknowledged on characters I made in early access.

I believe age increases the chance, but does not garauntee.

Perhaps it had to do with side romances, like Grathan and Jaxo and such flags? Maybe?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe age increases the chance, but does not garauntee.

Perhaps it had to do with side romances, like Grathan and Jaxo and such flags? Maybe?

Idk, my SI never flirted with anyone other than Ashara (though I got the mail but not the dialogue so that is weird anyway :/).

My Trooper made it through safely as well. So did my Marauder.

This thread is at 31 pages, over 11k views and 300+ replies and nothing from BioWare. I will try to remember to tweet @swtor this weekend and see if they have a reply. I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes:

ETA: I don't think that side romances have anything to do with this particular bug since my sage was devoted to Felix and stayed faithful.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Okay, I've sent a tweet, so hopefully we'll get something soon. *crosses fingers*

I have 3 agents. I haven't taken either of the females through the new stuff for fear of the bug. The male will be romancing Lana, so he will get to go.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

If rumors are to be believed, then there may be some good coming. Looks like companion gifts might be getting fixed up in the next 4.0.2 patch.

That is good news on that front!

Let's hope that they can fix the romances that were not recognized as well! *crossing all fingers and toes*

Edited by TinaLovesHan

My Trooper made it through safely as well. So did my Marauder.

Have you done forged alliances and SOR on them? Have reasons to think that the problem appears (if appears) somewhere btwn starting forged alliances and ending sor, not when you start kotfe.

Dear Bioware,

For a game where you keep talking about how story based it will be, and how important companions will be to the story, I would expect you to take this seriously. This is impacting my enjoyment of the new content. Please fix it.

Have you done forged alliances and SOR on them? Have reasons to think that the problem appears (if appears) somewhere btwn starting forged alliances and ending sor, not when you start kotfe.

Yes, both have done Forged Alliances and SoR. Both also flirted with Theron. To completion at the end of the Yavin story.

All three of my toons I have gone through the expansion with have been safe (THANK. BASED. GOD.), and all three made it through FA, SoR, and Ziost. One flirted with Lana throughout, the other two did not.

If rumors are to be believed, then there may be some good coming. Looks like companion gifts might be getting fixed up in the next 4.0.2 patch.

Pretty sure gifts are easier to fix than this bug. It's just a matter of changing a number in some file.

The bug we have seems random (hard to pinpoint), and is not affecting everyone. I'm pretty sure it's also low priority, considering not everyone is affected, and so far no romance have come back. Except for Lana/Theron, but you start the romance only in KOTFE, as some people mentioned, not doing SoR before will not affect the romance, which is "locked" during KOTFE.

That's why they have yet to say something. It's simply low on their list, and don't want to tell us they simply doesn't care enough. So they go silent, and since we are probably a minority, it's no big deal for them.

Anyway, I made it successfully with my BH (Mako romanced, faithful), a rather new character (about 1 year old).

Since their chant for KotFE was a return to BioWare cinematic story telling and making companions more important to the story, you would think that breaking a persons 4 yr+ long relationship would be more of a priority.

This is still an rpg, and I'm quickly losing patience over having my role playing ignored. I hate to sound like I'm whining or acting unreasonable, but it's been almost 4 wks since pre-release and they haven't bothered to even say "we're looking into it" or anything. :(:mad:

Congrats on your BH being safe, erei!

Edited by TinaLovesHan

This is still an rpg, and I'm quickly losing patience over having my role playing ignored. I hate to sound like I'm whining or acting unreasonable, but it's been almost 4 wks since pre-release and they haven't bothered to even say "we're looking into it" or anything. :(:mad:

I agree. It's frustrating. Even if it can't be reliably reproduced yet, I'd still like acknowledgment.

I agree. It's frustrating. Even if it can't be reliably reproduced yet, I'd still like acknowledgment.

You know, science shows that if you speak to an upset child as if you were upset your self, and show sympathy and understanding, even if you don't resolve the issue, the child will calm down. When they feel that their frustrations and their problems acknowledged,, even if not solved or understood, children have the tendency to call off their frustration and wait for a solution, or even just move on. I'm not calling anyone children here, I am saying that Bioware should take some parenting classes.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

The bug we have seems random (hard to pinpoint), and is not affecting everyone. I'm pretty sure it's also low priority, considering not everyone is affected, and so far no romance have come back. Except for Lana/Theron, but you start the romance only in KOTFE, as some people mentioned, not doing SoR before will not affect the romance, which is "locked" during KOTFE.

I don't think we are in minority here, as i said before, a lot of people don't even realize that something is wrong with conversations and that there should be any letter from your lover, confirming your romance with him. Take me as an example, i had no idea about this bug, until i got my own: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=851287, i just though it has to be that way it was in that conversation with Valkorion, hoping that something happens later due to the story.

Anyway, I made it successfully with my BH (Mako romanced, faithful), a rather new character (about 1 year old).

The character is one year old, but what about romance with Mako, is it old too, or you started it lately?

Edited by Evguld

You know, science shows that if you speak to an upset child as if you were upset your self, and show sympathy and understanding, even if you don't resolve the issue, the child will calm down. When they feel that their frustrations and their problems our knowledge, even if not solved or understood, children have the tendency to call off their frustration and wait for a solution, or even just move on. I'm not calling anyone children here, I am saying that Bioware should take some parenting classes.

XD I agree.

No surprise this wasn't fixed with the first major KotFE patch. They really did have more important and easier issues to fix. But now that it's out of the way, I fully expect some movement on this for the next big patch. I already unsubbed and stated my broken romance with Nadia being the reason. I won't continue through chapter 9 (where you confirm romance with Lana) without knowing what's going on with this bug. Edited by RAVM

No surprise this wasn't fixed with the first major KotFE patch. They really did have more important and easier issues to fix. But now that it's out of the way, I fully expect some movement on this for the next big patch. I already unsubbed and stated my broken romance with Nadia being the reason. I won't continue through chapter 9 (where you confirm romance with Lana) without knowing what's going on with this bug.

Despite not running into the bug on any of my characters I've taken through the content, I'm still too afraid to take my original main Sith Warrior or my "main" version of a character I have multiple of (I have a completed playthrough with a BH, partial playthrough as smuggler, and a insta-60 I made just to try the expansion).

I've used thr last of my sub cards, and I don't plan on using any more or buying any packs until the bug is fixed. I believe in voting with my wallet. ..... now, if I can keep with those promises.... xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.